Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) (28927 Views)

Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) / Pictures Of University Of Cape Coast, Ghana. / UNILAG Female Medical Students' Hostel On Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 19, 2021
Sad
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by TMKsouth: 5:35am On Apr 19, 2021
Fires continued throughout the night in Cape Town and destroyed the country's oldest windmill.

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 6:27am On Apr 19, 2021
When I saw this on the news I thought it was an act of humans,turns out it was mother nature.Why that university though?? That's a South African historical monument cry embarassed cry cry

Hope the information in the burnt books was saved digitally somewhere and can be reprinted embarassed

6 Likes

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by TMKsouth: 6:38am On Apr 19, 2021
JaceBlaze:
When I saw this on the news I thought it was an act of humans,turns out it was mother nature. Why that university though?? That's a South African historical monument cry embarassed cry cry

Hope the information in the burnt books was saved digitally somewhere and can be reprinted embarassed

Shocking, but I had to laugh at the bolded bit though grin Which university would you have preferred got burnt?!

p.s. The UKZN library was torched in 2016, but it was by students.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 6:51am On Apr 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

Shocking, but I had to laugh at the bolded bit though grin Which university would you have preferred got burnt?!

p.s. The UKZN library was torched in 2016, but it was by students.

I would not prefer for any university to burn.I'm actually more concerned about the burnt information in the books and least so about the structure because I know that can be rebuilt within a short period of time.

I remember that,and that's my first thought in my mind was humans even in this incident.
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by TMKsouth: 7:05am On Apr 19, 2021
JaceBlaze:

I would not prefer for any university to burn.I'm actually more concerned about the burnt information in the books and least so about the structure because I know that can be rebuilt within a short period of time.

I remember that,and that's my first thought in my mind was humans even in this incident.

They'll come under a lot of criticism if they don't have backup, considering their global status. But I see they have a digital library collection but I can't tell how large it is.
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by MasonKendall(m): 7:16am On Apr 19, 2021
WannaHowzit:

Wanna explain?
Are you smoking German weed? undecided
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 7:23am On Apr 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

They'll come under a lot of criticism if they don't have backup, considering their global status. But I see they have a digital library collection but I can't tell how large it is.

At least not all is lost.

1 Like

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by TMKsouth: 7:39am On Apr 19, 2021
JaceBlaze:

At least not all is lost.

I just heard the mayor Dan Plato now saying two lower floors of the library had fire resistant doors so they were not burnt. But says priceless artworks were destroyed.

Also that 4 people received treatment and one is in a critical condition in hospital.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:43am On Apr 19, 2021
They failed a student grin
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by lkillbrokehoes: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2021
Jobless negro, shove your news into your ass cuz I ain't interested.

1 Like

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by illicit(m): 7:52am On Apr 19, 2021
That will be the end of a Nigerian University
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by TMKsouth: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Jobless negro, shove your news into your ass cuz I ain't interested.

Hi, nice meeting you on the Front Page again cool
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by salem1996: 7:54am On Apr 19, 2021
embarassed may God help the school and students..

i really want to study in that school seriously. i love the school but don't know the cost..

I pity innocent and poor books cry
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by PericomaNwankwo: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2021
LMS1:
So Sad,
I Feel More For The innocent Books.
Some Of Them Were Written By Nelson Mandela.

But I ThankGod Its Not In My Dear Nigeria,
Cus fire would be burning In one side while Looting will be going in the other side....

Still Dont Be Suprised If Some Of Our Politicians Comes Out With This Claim:

"My Certificate Was Burned Down During The 2021 Fire Incident In Cape Town University, South Africa"

cheesy

You're not funny you are boring
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by thundafire: 7:56am On Apr 19, 2021
LMS1:
So Sad,

Cus fire would be burning In one side while Looting will be going in the other side....

"My Certificate Was Burned Down During The 2021 Fire Incident In Cape Town University, South Africa"

cheesy
in Nigeria such fire starts from Finance department.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 7:56am On Apr 19, 2021
And cape Town city is so fine embarassed

3 Likes

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 8:00am On Apr 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

I just heard the mayor Dan Plato now saying two lower floors of the library had fire resistant doors so they were not burnt. But says priceless artworks were destroyed.

Also that 4 people received treatment and one is in a critical condition in hospital.

Kudos to the rescuers for fending for human lives first.There's nothing more precious than that. smiley
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by anyamashima(m): 8:00am On Apr 19, 2021
You dey ask wild animal wat makes them devour ? Wild fire you still dey ask
HONESTFACT101:
What started the fire

BIP to the Books BTW......signing out
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by Thatdopekelly(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2021
Disheartening!
Please I need an Instagram or Twitter account with at least 3k followers for sale, you'll love my offer. 0803 473 5939
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by ifexfree24: 8:01am On Apr 19, 2021
heendrix:
Brits fvcked up they shouldn't have listened to that drunk Ipob man Azikiwe in granting us independence 1960. Igbos has always been a bone in our throat since time immemorial angry

Imagine they still still put him on our 500 naira note instead of #5 fvvvck angry

soo 61 years later, we neva still fit correct the matter? that shows say Na we be the problem not them.

1 Like

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by TMKsouth: 8:02am On Apr 19, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Kudos to the rescuers for fending for human lives first.There's nothing more precious than that. smiley

They're getting a lot of love online.

1 Like

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by mekuso89(m): 8:06am On Apr 19, 2021
South is beautiful sha!

6 Likes

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by ifexfree24: 8:06am On Apr 19, 2021
LMS1:
So Sad,

cheesy

if it were to be in Nigeria, some politicians would contract some hoodlums to take fire to the administrative block and make sure it burns completely. Then you'll begin to hear strange figures in the news

1 Like

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 8:07am On Apr 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

They're getting a lot of love online.

They deserve it. smiley
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by 12345baba(m): 8:08am On Apr 19, 2021
Nothing last forever

1 Like

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by baralatie(m): 8:10am On Apr 19, 2021
definitely arson!
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by Ovulo: 8:11am On Apr 19, 2021
Most book in that library are piece of lies concocted by the Europeans which is one of their great tools in enslaving Africa...

Am only concerned about the students that's all,not even the building nor the crap books in the library.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 8:11am On Apr 19, 2021
eyaah
Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by baralatie(m): 8:12am On Apr 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

painful

1 Like

Re: University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) by Skillsnigeria: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2021
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Male Lecturers And Their Sexual Manipulations With Female Students / Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / Price Of 2019 JAMB UTME Form And Registration Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.