Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja (8369 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Abagworo(m): 1:00am On Apr 22, 2011
From AKIN ALOFETEKUN, Minna and DESMOND MGBOH, Kano
Friday, April 22, 2011

Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) was yesterday prevented from entering Suleja by security agents.
The motorcade of the former military leader was stopped at Madalla and he was told he could not proceed to Suleja.
Buhari was on his way to Suleja to pay a condolence over the penultimate Friday bomb blast that claimed the lives of some 13 persons.

Chairman of the CPC in Niger State, Alhaji Shuaibu Umar told Daily Sun in Minna that the police mounted a roadblock between Madalla and Diko junction where Buhari was turned back.

Police Public Relations Officer in Niger State, ASP Richard Adamu Oguche, said the security situation in Niger State did not permit allowing Buhari entry into any part of the state. He described the CPC candidate as a free citizen of the country but said the security situation would not allow such a visit to Niger State at the very moment.

Meanwhile, the Kano State Police Command has imposed a ban on all political rallies and political gatherings in the state until after the conduct of the gubernatorial elections, saying any political party that goes against the ban will be prosecuted according to the law. The state police commissioner, Mr. Dan’azumi Doma, made this disclosure at a press briefing in Kano yesterday, adding that they were determined to implement the directive to the letter.

The position of the police may not be unconnected with the rumour that the CPC presidential candidate, General Buhari (retd) may be visiting the state to raise the hand of General Jafaru Isa, the recently court-declared gubernatorial candidate of the party in the state. Doma disclosed that over 100 suspects had been arrested and interrogated in connection with the poll violence in the state, adding that the suspects had been charged to court, which had remanded some of them in prison custody.

He said the police and the rest of the security agencies were determined to probe deep to identify and apprehend the sponsors of the dastardly act, noting that no matter how highly placed, anybody found wanting would be prosecuted along with their agents and conspirators. He warned that the act of brigandage and hooliganism must not be allowed to continue as security agencies were ready to deal with hooligans and mischief makers in the state.

He equally warned rumour-mongers and alarmists to desist from spreading rumour capable of escalating tension in the state. Besides, he cautioned parents and guardians to ensure that their children and wards did not allow themselves to be used to foment trouble by mischief-makers.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/22/national-22-04-2011-001.htm
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by vladimiros: 2:59am On Apr 22, 2011
he should just go retire full time

he has failed enough
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by juman(m): 3:05am On Apr 22, 2011
This is a serious matter. A former head of state preventing from entering Suleja to avoid causing problems to the authority.

General need to take steps with cautions.

Today is Friday. The stakeholders in the North need to control their people. The violence is becoming too much.

We are tired of these too many violence.

I as a muslim, personally prefer to avoid even muslims that will give me too much unnecessary troubles.

If trouble countinue there will be a point that the country will certainly break anyway.

edited.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by AfricaMars: 3:07am On Apr 22, 2011
The CPC is in intenal crisis of itself in many states now
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by juman(m): 3:15am On Apr 22, 2011
vladimiros:

he should just go retire full time

he has failed enough

He has the right to go to court.

Even from the beginning CPC was looking towards runoff, not outright win in the first round. That is total sign of weakness.

Anyway there should not be any desperation in life.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by jonabee(m): 3:24am On Apr 22, 2011
Buhari, A Mere Local champion & Religious fanatical bigot. You murgered democracy at its embryonic stage. You cannot enjoy what you failed to institute. Come out a million times you continue to lose out. Again go to court a thousand times on frivolous issues and you will keep losing.

It is the dawn of the new generation. Get that into your hard scoll embarassed[color=#770077][/color].
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Nobody: 4:25am On Apr 22, 2011
jonabee:

Buhari, A Mere Local champion & Religious fanatical bigot. You murgered democracy at its embryonic stage. You cannot enjoy what you failed to institute. Come out a million times you continue to lose out. Again go to court a thousand times on frivolous issues and you will keep losing.

It is the dawn of the new generation. Get that into your hard scoll embarassed[color=#770077][/color].
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Emmy3(m): 4:46am On Apr 22, 2011
jonabee:

. . . . . .Buhari. . . . . .
You murgered democracy at its embryonic stage. You cannot enjoy what you terminated AND failed to institute.
Come out billion times, you continue to lose out.
Again go to court a million times on frivolous issues and you will keep losing.

It is the dawn of the new generation.
Get that into your empty hard skull embarassed[color=#770077][/color].
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Kenyy: 4:59am On Apr 22, 2011
Niger State governor is on his way out. I believe the PDP should learn from past experience that the people would only want Diplomatic Rigging since the PDP cannot win election in Niger State without rigging.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by francisj(m): 5:01am On Apr 22, 2011
juman:

This is a serious matter. A former head of state preventing from entering Suleja to avoid causing problems to the authority.

General need to take steps with caution
s.

Today is Friday. The stakeholders in the North need to control their people. The violence is becoming too much.

Even we that are muslims but not Hausa are tired of these too many violence.I as a muslim, personally prefer to avoid even muslims that will give me too much unnecessary troubles. We have one life to live.

If trouble countinue there will be a point that the country will certainly break anyway.
serve the religious extremist right . Wish i was there, i will have being the first to attacked this "blood sucking" demon , He still thinks he can continue with his maneuvering . Dragging religious into politic and getting sympathetic from "rainwash robots". Bari have not been barred from entering places yet , very soon ,he will find it difficult to get out of his own state.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 22, 2011
Buhari is the reason these devilish and brainwashed religious fools have killed innocent nigerians.

in other countries, he would have been arrested, tried and sentenced to death by hanging.

devil punish all of those people who ride on the wave of religion to commit murder.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 22, 2011
Buhari and Bakare have blood in their hands, and they will both burn in hell.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Odunnu: 6:27am On Apr 22, 2011
Terrible death, not just embarrassment awaits him soon!
After his 'SAI BUHARI' team killed Aikfavour Ukeoma,Obinna Okobiri and the other patriotic Nigerians. Buhari would never know peace!
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by segunjowo(m): 6:34am On Apr 22, 2011
Serves him right,
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 22, 2011
may the soul of Buhari and Bakare and all the brainwashed, narow-minded, short sighted CPC supporters and all those muslims and abokis burn in hell for all these wasteful and unnecessary death of innocent nigerians.

i sympathize with the families of those poor coppers who lost their lives in the mayhem. may their soul rest in peace.

Zap buhari and all abokis a million times. the time will come when you all will pay for your sins
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by gernded(m): 6:37am On Apr 22, 2011
this baga called buhari has finally met his waterloo.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by abdul4hire: 6:49am On Apr 22, 2011
So ironic, the comments of many on this  thread is soo hypocritical, they claim to hate religious extremism, tribalism, but their words depict these same things, entertaining severe hatred,presenting unfounded allegations,do you not realize that this is a public forum. I appeal to you, if its not constructive pls shelve it. Do not incite unnecessary hate, just because u waanna nairapost!!
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by abdul4hire: 6:54am On Apr 22, 2011
So ironic, the comments of many on this  thread is soo hypocritical, they claim to hate religious extremism, tribalism, but their words depict these same things, entertaining severe hatred,presenting unfounded allegations,do you not realize that this is a public forum. I appeal to you, if its not constructive pls shelve it. Do not incite unnecessary hate, just because u waanna nairapost!!
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:21am On Apr 22, 2011
where are all this f.o.o.ls 'sai idi.o.t buhari' this is type of person that wants to rule nigeria. i will never cast my vote to any muslim man with buhari ways of criminal life.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:40am On Apr 22, 2011
This is the man that many people are making us believe that he is a saint not knowing that he is a wolf in a sheep body
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by HamidO1(m): 7:42am On Apr 22, 2011
When Buhari supporters start now, them go dey shout. Nigeria police go find trouble run.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by EzeUche3(m): 7:45am On Apr 22, 2011
abdul4hire:

Blame your people for killing innocent Southerners who meant them no harm. Of course we hate your people. We despise you all and there is nothing that can change that. This hatred burns brighter each day. How many of your people have killed young Igbos, Yorubas and other groups in the prime of their life? Cut them down like they were some animals! angry angry angry
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Kenyy: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2011
Majority of Northerners know their common enemies while the same can hardly be said of my Southern Educated Illiterates; that is why the best they could bring forward was a Weak Woman President.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Thatdave(m): 7:48am On Apr 22, 2011
where is @jarus the only cpc nland moderator? Come and defend your presidential taliban sorry candidate. If Buhari enters my state, we wont mount road block. we'll alow the illucionist and then death by stoning. street justice. the sharia way!
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by HamidO1(m): 7:53am On Apr 22, 2011
^^And the resultant effect will be?? Think before you talk, sorry type.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by EzeUche3(m): 7:59am On Apr 22, 2011
Kenyy:

Majority of Northerners know their common enemies while the same can hardly be said of my Southern Educated Illiterates; that is why the best they could bring forward was a Weak Woman President.

Yet they kill innocent Southerners! angry Do you see the militants in the Niger Delta killing Northerners even though you are the enemy? I cannot stand your people. You all add nothing of value to Nigeria. Only death and destruction. We don't need you all. Go back to Niger or Chad.

Leave us enlightened Southerners alone with your backwards ways.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Kenyy: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2011
Thank Almighty we voted for a Smart President and not a Pregnant President!
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by hercules07: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2011
This action of the police could inflame passions over there again, how incompetent can a Police force be that they can not provide security, why are people not looking at the real issues, people we have tasked with providing us security are shying away from their responsibilities. What do you guys think will happen if Tinubu were not allowed to enter Ibadan?
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by iudoagwu(m): 8:21am On Apr 22, 2011
I hate religious extremism, tribalism. Buhari defiled democracy in the embryonic infantry now he wants to enjoy it. Zap HIM!!
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Kenyy: 8:23am On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

Yet they kill innocent Southerners!

Have you ever ask yourself what would have happened to the VP-Sambo(a Muslim and a Northerner) if they have met him alone in his family home immediately after the Ridiculously Rigged Presidential Election? We(a Core Niger Deltan myself and majority of Northerners) had expected a Diplomatically Rigged Presidential Election where everybody would go home happy and not a Ridiculously Rigged Presidential Election?
Here is the Diplomatic Rigging we had expected:
NW-GEJ(20%), Buhari(75%)
NE-GEJ(25%), Buhari(70%)
NC-GEJ(26.5%), Buhari(69%)
SS-GEJ(75%), Buhari(5%)
SE-GEJ(76%), Buhari(9%)
SW-GEJ(77%), Buhari(6%)
GEJ & Co. would have won and Buhari & Co. would have gone home happy.
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by Blazing99: 8:26am On Apr 22, 2011
I am really suprised enlightened individuals in Nairaland give unenlightened radicalist posts about people.

Isn't it when someone is proven guilty of a crime that it is right for us to accuse him? Buhari never made any inciteful statements for people to riot. Some northerners felt cheated and directed their violence like madmen and you all are now blaming Buhari. The Niger state government is certainly doing wrong by rejecting a man who was once an ex-head of state. This is dishonorable in the highest order and I think Buhari's lawyer should take the government to court for humilation.

Too many biased people on Nairaland. Too many biased people in Nigeria, I wonder what we're being united for,
Re: Buhari Barred From Entering Suleja by calaway: 8:32am On Apr 22, 2011
@ Hamid O

YOU HAUSA PEOPLE ARE JUST TOOOO WICKED.
YOU CAN HAVE THE SANENESS OF MIND TO TRY TO ANTICIPATE WHAT THE RESULTANT
EFFECT WILL BE IF BUHARI IS LYNCHED(AS HE WILL BE IN DAYS TO COME)
BUT YOU HAVE NO SUCH CONSIDERATION OR APOLOGIES FOR DAY OLD BABIES,
YOUTH CORPERS, INNOCENT NIGERIANS KILLED BY YOUR PEOPLE UNDER THE GUESS
OF AN IMAGINED STOLEN MANDATE.

HAUSA IMPUNITY!!!!

PRAISE GOD THAT EVERYBODY SEE'S YOU NOW, EVEN IN THE MIDDLEBELT REGION
FROM WHERE YOU HAVE GANNERED SUPPORT IN PAST, YOU ARE DESPISED AND HATED.
JUST INCASE YOU FANATICS DONT SEE THE WRITINGS ON THE WALL ALL OTHER NIGERIAN
(YOUR VICTIMS) ARE WAITING FOR WHO WILL CAST THE FIRST STONE ON THE HAUSA MAN
TO BEGIN THE CLENSING OF THIS VIRUS OF A GROUP FROM OUR SYSTEM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Security Agencies Set To Expose Sponsors Of Terror / Edo Deputy-Governor's CPS Abducted By Gunmen / Helen Mbakwe: Meet The Amazon Dominating Political Conversation In Anambra Poli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.