Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,174 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? (26312 Views)

Have You Ever Dated A Girl Out Of Pity?? / Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? / Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by seyi360(m): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
Toks2008:

Nah you dey read faster than your brain lol!

Nothing wrong with the English

Thank you jare

His banal brain needs some oxygen
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by stevups(m): 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
Only this lady, after 20times, I discovered there was no love. I tried to but no way.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Cnach: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
seyi360:
Ladies are most guilty of this, after feeling choked by a man's relentless wooing, to pity his "destiny", they give in. This wrong footing gives undue advantage to an exploitative woman calling the shots. In some instances, the lady eventually falls in love , but not often. On many occasions, after milking him , she dumps him.

Some guys too do the same.
Have you loved or been loved out of pity?
there was this lady I approached then that told me she will think of it...once a girl say I will think about it, brother nothing on earth can make me do anything with ha bc I believe a girl should love u even at d first sight as long as u are her match, physical out look first. I just forgot about her, but if she need anything I have I do assist her, sometimes recharge ha phone too. At a time she sent me a message that she has accepted. I said ok no wahala. I didn't invite her over or any official thing happening between us than call and sometimes chatting. I was surprise one day she sent me a message that she cannot date me out of pity,is better we just stop, omo I laugh tire
first I thought of who want to date me out of pity and I forgot myself..i didn't reply the message till after two months when she sent me hi, I replied " what's up" this one u stopped calling
She said bc she was trying to stay away from me.
I replied "stop trying to fall a house u didn't build, nothing is there that land is empty" omo na once she blocked me till today
I laugh tire. Me don grow pass my emotions o, if na die we go die but dick or my emotions no fit control me..lie lie.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by CryptoTeacher(m): 8:41pm On Apr 24, 2021
Dating someone out of pity is a dangerous thing to do. There is nothing romantic about it.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by pusskhole(m): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Was first surprised when the guy said girls date with pity the most, maybe he meant gurls from another planet
Jestin:
For those saying it is common with the ladies, that is a fat lie. If u like cut ur head do gift for girls ,it is never enough

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by fioella(f): 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
One a cold night of November 2014 I got a call from a strange number. Later found out he was a secret admirer. He had the sweetest voice I knew. We kept talking for weeks until I met him for the first time. His looks were nothing compared to his voice cry cry. I was a teenager who dreamt of only dating handsome guys but he wasn't handsome. I discovered he was an orphan and was struggling to fend for himself. He needed someone in his life to love him as he was alone and lonely. I felt pity for him. He asked me out and I accepted. He loved me and I did everything to make him happy and loved. But all these I did out of pity.

When I couldn't deceive him anymore I told him I wanted out. We were a couple for 4yrs.... cry cry cry.....

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by parkervero(m): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
1F30M4:
Do not date out of pity, do not marry out of pity, do not be in any form of relationship out of pity.. Do not put yourself in that situation, it will end in hot premium tears.. Been there, done that

"Just gimme a trial", "Oya try me, you won't regret it"..laughing in ekun egbere(pls don't ask me how, t for tenks)
ifeoma oda ba yen o
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Mystery9(m): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
Prayer answered.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Aguilar(m): 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
I'm dating my current gf out of pity and she'll not take easy with me if I break her heart or dump her. She do reminds me that we still date.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by nashito(m): 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
Charmingrascal:

I loved her asked her out but to be honest I am tired of the relationship but I don't want to break her heart.

I guess I am dating her out of pity at the moment

Story of my life

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Lilfire(m): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
The gal who was suppose to be my first love refused to accept my advances towards her, as times goes by I moved on, then I fell in love with a gal who now happens to be my first love, while we are together I got a job, became more exposed, the first gal came back to me by her self, told me she was in love with me but was a child then that was why she could not muster the courage to date me back in the days, she was creazy about me, she keeps shooting her shot so out of pity I gave her wat she wanted but deed down in my mind, I knew I don't feel the same way I feel for her the first time, I guess I dated her out of pity

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Blackmiserable(m): 10:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Bellotelli:
I've dated out of pity and it almost cost me dearly.. By now I would have been HIV positive if not for His mercy.
I'll never try that shit again.

Explain the HIV part.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Lilphat: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
Yeah
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by elmagnifico411(m): 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ytea:
You'll feel you're dating out of pity when you jump after whatever, you get tired or bored then you think you don't want to break their heart by breaking up. You now think you're pitying them, you're actually the pitiful one. Stay in one place, find the one.
oil dey your head. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Curtisaxel10: 12:07am On Apr 25, 2021
My situation at the moment. The girl gave me so much green light that I had to pity her and ask her out. She hurriedly agreed and now I don't know how to tell her I'm not doing again. She's a nice decent girl and I like her as a friend, I'm just not attracted to her in a sexual/romantic way.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Frankicent(m): 12:43am On Apr 25, 2021
Mehn, this one shock me o.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by felt: 12:54am On Apr 25, 2021
Aguilar:
I'm dating my current gf out of pity and she'll not take easy with me if I break her heart or dump her. She do reminds me that we still date.

Loll.. He say she reminds you..hahahhaa.. We never see finish
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by felt: 12:56am On Apr 25, 2021
Lilfire:
The gal who was suppose to be my first love refused to accept my advances towards her, as times goes by I moved on, then I fell in love with a gal who now happens to be my first love, while we are together I got a job, became more exposed, the first gal came back to me by her self, told me she was in love with me but was a child then that was why she could not muster the courage to date me back in the days, she was creazy about me, she keeps shooting her shot so out of pity I gave her wat she wanted but deed down in my mind, I knew I don't feel the same way I feel for her the first time, I guess I dated her out of pity

So are you guys still together?
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by felt: 12:56am On Apr 25, 2021
nashito:

Story of my life

Are you still in it?
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by EbenezerTriumph: 1:26am On Apr 25, 2021
Bellotelli:
I've dated out of pity and it almost cost me dearly.. By now I would have been HIV positive if not for His mercy.
I'll never try that shit again.
Blackmiserable:

Explain the HIV part.
same here bro.
dated her out of pity cos she was from a poor background, gave her a job to manage for herself, bought jamb form for her and still gave her upkeep and expenses and took care of her.
do you know this same girl after failing the jamb exams went and approached the HOD of the course she applied for and begged him to help her out with admission.
The man in his 60's used that as an opportunity and lodged her in hotels and had unprotected sex with her several times, Las Las at the end the man still disappointed her but still kept on lashing her raw during the course of our relationship risking me to STDs.
I hacked her Facebook password and came across the chats and nearly killed myself that night.
Ghosted her and escaped for my life

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Bellotelli: 5:25am On Apr 25, 2021
Blackmiserable:

Explain the HIV part.
Check my profile for the story
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Nwakaibey195(m): 6:22am On Apr 25, 2021
yes, there is this girl I meet I wanted to chop and clean mouth and she come dey tell me of her family story, how she is suffering to take care of her siblings and all that with tears in her face. I come pity her and fall in love with her. no ask me how it end.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Lighthouse50: 6:40am On Apr 25, 2021
All those posted above her rubbish, when i met my wife, God knows i never loved her and her condition then was bad coupled with her disabiiity. I was mad because guys do take advantage of her so i left the queen i was dating then to date her just to secure her and from then we continued till marriage. My family rejected the marriage and said im mad but i moved on, we married and now we are happy with two children, my family now likes her so much that they want her to come always. Now the pity is now strong love.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by KanuSE: 6:41am On Apr 25, 2021
Curtisaxel10:
My situation at the moment. The girl gave me so much green light that I had to pity her and ask her out. She hurriedly agreed and now I don't know how to tell her I'm not doing again. She's a nice decent girl and I like her as a friend, I'm just not attracted to her in a sexual/romantic way.

This is easy just as it's easy to advise you. grin

You need to stop fvckn her and cut down on how often you hang out. If she questions your attitude, tell her you have some personal issues you're dealing with, therefore need some personal time to sort things out.

She may want to get involved, be of help and support you, which is her way of gatecrashing your space as she's beginning to see signs of withdrawal but tell her to respect your wish to sort things out personally.

Lastly, try to maintain this position as you would have left her in that relationship while you're long gone. When she wakes up from her slumber, she would fix herself.

Remember, stop having sex with her!

wink

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by NACE13: 7:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Yeah, I think I have and it wasn't funny one bit. I dated her out of pity after my ex and I had a serious fight and it ended the relationship. She was a rebound girl just to make me forget my ex. I knew she was in love with me but I didn't realise she was crazy in love with me. She told her sisters, friends, was even posting my pictures here and there, used my picture as her WhatsApp dp. I didn't even feel an inch of what she felt for me and I knew it was gonna end in tears for her if we kept it going.

I had to call her on phone and tell her the truth about us. She cried and kept cussing me. I just took it in because of guilt. Her last words to me, "You will regret this, I promise you". After the call ended, I had this mixed feeling of guilt and relief at the same time.

Do not ever date anyone out of pity. Just like pouring water into a basket, it will never yield anything but tears and guilt.

Some guys even date girls just to have sex and leave. Unless if it's transactional or fwb, don't deceive or play people, they are humans not robots.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Lilfire(m): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2021
felt:

So are you guys still together?

Nooo we broke up I got married but up till now she is still into me if only I can give her a chance
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by mylove4God(f): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2021
Yes, severally. I won't say that I regretted them because I learnt from them. If I hadn't experience them then, I wouldn't have learnt reason why I should not date out of pity.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by suaveBrother(m): 10:06am On Apr 25, 2021
...interesting thread...
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by Georgejeez: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2021
Bmaster:
Whether out of pity,or through pity.

I have never experience what is love,and I don't think I'm gonna feel so in the future time.

I'm only after your womanhood!

Gbaam! A carton of any wine you drink ,bills on me , grass will always grow on the school football field ,just clear your grass and leave for the next student to clear later .

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by corlin2(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2021
Jh0wsef:
No. I cannot toy with a lady's emotion.

Forget that I am a fine boy o. lol I have conscience. Why should I keep deceiving someone's daughter?
I hardly even love but when I do, I do on a long-term basis.

It's not hard guy anything, it's just trying to avoid starting what you cannot finish. If na friends with benefit, I can clear the babe on that one, if she's okay with it then fine. We shoot

The last thing I would do is make a lady regret taking her bold step to woo me

This was me , but I bleeped up recently , don’t know what came over me.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by corlin2(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2021
THANDS619:

we are on the same page bro.....I have some ladies who wants to date me but I am not ready because I don't love them. I don't want their heart to be stabbed but they don't understand that and it really sucks

I swear bro, I’ve always been bypassing them
, until I fell into this one and after two and half weeks , I lost the connection , like I wasn’t feeling a thing , but I didn’t tell her at first , cos I was afraid of what her reaction would be ( crying obviously) and I don’t like to b the reason why someone is broken . But I told her at some point and it broke her.
That’s like some weeks ago , but up until now she still haven’t moved on and wants us back together, initially I wanted us back also Buh I had a second thought, scared of the scenario repeating itself again. And I had die the idea ,
she later said we can be friends and then I accepted, but she wants us back too, and I’m strongly resisting , I just pray she finds Peace because she haven’t moved on.
She Really Loved me.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? by corlin2(m): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2021
corlin2:

I swear bro, I’ve always been bypassing them
, until I fell into this one and after two and half weeks , I lost the connection , like I wasn’t feeling a thing , but I didn’t tell her at first , cos I was afraid of what her reaction would be ( crying obviously) and I don’t like to b the reason why someone is broken . But I told her at some point and it broke her.
That’s like some weeks ago , but up until now she still haven’t moved on and wants us back together, initially I wanted us back also Buh I had a second thought, scared of the scenario repeating itself again. And I had die the idea ,
she later said we can be friends and then I accepted, but she wants us back too, and I’m strongly resisting , I just pray she finds Peace because she haven’t moved on.

I just wish we didnt get laid , at first I wasn’t into the idea of Sex , cos i wasn’t feeling it, in as much I was happy with her in the beginning.
I just regret everything , I wasn’t supposed to date her at all, like we would have better off friends from the beginning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Arrested For Bitting Off Man's P enis ( Video ) / Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? / 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.