Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean (88046 Views)

China Unveils Deadly New Anti-submarine Drone( Pics, Video) / Oil, Praying Mat, Wreckage Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Found(Pics) / Indonesia Navy Submarine Goes Missing With 53 On Board(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Trustedpronet: 7:04am On Apr 26, 2021
I'm suspecting China or America.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Sewgon79(m): 7:12am On Apr 26, 2021
xpressionx:
I have a friend who is a ship captain that has been disturbing me to come and join him in his ship,This one of the reasons I bluntly refused.
May there souls RIP.

It is a good job. If it is outside Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:12am On Apr 26, 2021
If it was in my dear country they will never find that ship and they will even tell you it didn't Happened
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by 9icetoo(m): 7:13am On Apr 26, 2021
Explorers:

Thinking they should design escape rooms(one at the front, middle and at the rear) depending in the location of crew at thebmoment of the accident.

Survivors can make their way to the escape rooms and launch to surface.
Unfortunately, they can't have one. Submarines are built whole without large openings that can accommodate escape pods. The environment they operate in is harsh. The pressures underwater is immense. If large openings for escape pods are built in, the subs can't dive deep rendering them useless as subs.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by 9icetoo(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2021
joey150:

Think about atm pressure (10x more in typical submarine depths) and realise what happens when you attempt to move through high and low pressures rapidly. Your body will basically implode at that depth. There's often no need for any survival suit or pod, because chances are you would never be alive long enough to use it.

If you were less than 400 feet deep, you have the slimmest chance of making it out with a suit. If you're deeper, which submarines usually are, then you need a miracle that would be perfectly executed by Jesus himself. Summarily, escape pods in submarines don't work, at least not at any serious depth. You can ask the Russians that fit them in theirs with no success, and the U.S navy that doesn't even bother to have any.

Like planes dashing for the nearest landing tarmac, the best bet for submarines is to get to the surface ASAP If they notice something is terribly wrong.
I couldn't have said it better.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Mysteryman22: 7:16am On Apr 26, 2021
xpressionx:
I have a friend who is a ship captain that has been disturbing me to come and join him in his ship,This one of the reasons I bluntly refused.
May there souls RIP.
I will love to join your captain friend on his ship.can you help?
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Ghettologist(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2021
Can you link me up with that your captain friend sir ? please
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by ictjobber: 7:21am On Apr 26, 2021
Akalia:
You forgot to put slingshot. It is a reverse bungee jump.

I have videos of it In my phone... I don't think I hv the heart for it.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Viridis(m): 7:24am On Apr 26, 2021
Explorers:

Thinking they should design escape rooms(one at the front, middle and at the rear) depending in the location of crew at thebmoment of the accident.

Sense no go kill you
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Ranminishe(m): 7:25am On Apr 26, 2021
xpressionx:
May there souls RIP.
please give me his number.... What am I doing in Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Tonytonex(m): 7:25am On Apr 26, 2021
just2endowed:

At the button of the sea, the pressure of the water alone render their body so tight that it will burst there chest out even if they wear a oxygen mask. Omo, submarine na death sentence
how did you know all these?
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by thundafire: 7:27am On Apr 26, 2021
xpressionx:
May there souls RIP.
connect me na
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by wink2015(m): 7:31am On Apr 26, 2021
Sunnybay7:
What a pity RIP to the dead, if it were Nigeria they will still be forming committee by now.

Committee to loot from the federal government coffers.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Thespagchef(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2021
ictjobber:
Three things on my bucket list

1. Bungee jump
2. Sky dive
3. Submarine experience

With time I'm gon experience all.

My guy....��
I too would love that experience .....
Including BASE Jumping

Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Offpoint1: 8:08am On Apr 26, 2021
arantess:
i really wanna skydive too but what if village people decide to on bluetooth that day
grin dem no go pick your signal in Jesus namegrin
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by eburuu: 8:13am On Apr 26, 2021
xpressionx:
May there souls RIP.
bros link me na...light my day
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by superjab247: 8:17am On Apr 26, 2021
Explorers:

No way even in hell they can survive,even if such was escape room was in place they survivors would die from decompress sickness which is caused by high currents and pressure under the oceans even before getting to half of the ocean
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Walins: 8:17am On Apr 26, 2021
xpressionx:
May there souls RIP.
tell your friend I need it
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Agbaba21: 8:20am On Apr 26, 2021
Hello!

Take advantage and join Kith Central

Kith Central is the new social Media platform in Nigeria that Pays people when someone likes thier posts. Since launching in Nigeria, many Nigerians have started joining this powerful platform.

You will earn N50 whenever your friends like your posts. Kith Central will pay you your money when you achieve 1,000 likes. Every month you will make N50, 000 and above.

Do you have bills to pay? Is your house rent due? Are you worried about how to pay your school fees? Have you been shifting your wedding because of the expenses? With the money you will be getting every month from Kith Central, all your financial troubles will disappear and you can live a life of ease.

Join Millions of smart Nigerians who have started joining Kith Central today and start your journey to financial independence. The more friends who like your posts, the more money you make every month.

Don't forget to tell your friends.

Click this link to join www.kithcentral.com

Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by pompeiimagnus: 8:21am On Apr 26, 2021
mansakhalifa:

To put it simply, submarines are far more dangerous than regular surface vessels and it is usually worse with military submarines. No-brainer, right. They operate deep under water after all. One accident and you might be gasping for oxygen in no time.

Being deprived of oxygen isn't really the cause of death in such deep-water accidents. From fluid mechanics we know that pressure increases with depth. In this case, the hydrostatic pressure of water at the ocean floor is enough to burst our human lungs. Sea animals like whales that dive to the ocean floor have very powerful muscles protecting their lungs and heart, which we humans do not have. At such depths, these animals don't even need to breathe, they simply shutdown their brains and just glide through the water. It's really amazing.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by pompeiimagnus: 8:32am On Apr 26, 2021
Akalia:
You said that ocean's water pressure can break apart a submarine, you may be right though. My question is how come very petite aquatic creatures still live and survive down the ocean's depth, don't the pressure crush them equally?

It's all about how these creatures exchange oxygen. For such small underwater creatures, they simply absorb oxygen from water as it flows over their bodies. They do not need to inhale and exhale like we do. That is why our lungs cannot survive at such depths.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Opeyemite: 8:34am On Apr 26, 2021
May their souls find peace.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Akalia(m): 8:37am On Apr 26, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

It's all about how these creatures exchange oxygen. For such small underwater creatures, they simply absorb oxygen from water as it flows over their bodies. They do not need to inhale and exhale like we do. That is why our lungs cannot survive at such depths.
You have not answered my question. What about the water pressure effect i. e the sheer weight of the water volume above these minute creatures? In my opinion, I think that the submarine was not broken in parts by just water pressure, an onboard ordinance probably detonated.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Grandmeister(m): 8:41am On Apr 26, 2021
Viridis:

Sense no go kill you
The hatch in submarines are just for shows. To give the family of the mariners some sense of comfort that their loved ones can escape through the hatch, in reality when a sub malfunctions and goes below its design depth the hatch is useless. You’re not getting out alive.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by wisest10: 8:42am On Apr 26, 2021
xpressionx:
May there souls RIP.
Bros abeg connect us...
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Grandmeister(m): 8:43am On Apr 26, 2021
Akalia:
You have not answered my question. What about the water pressure effect i. e the sheer weight of the water volume above these minute creatures? In my opinion, I think that the submarine was not broken in parts by just water pressure, an onboard ordinance probably detonated.
Submarines are designed to a certain depth. When it goes beyond it’s control test depth the pressure will cave in the hull. You don’t seem to understand the immense pressure that can be obtained thousands of feet in the sea/ocean.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by pompeiimagnus: 8:47am On Apr 26, 2021
Akalia:

At deep-sea depths, the pressure is unimaginable, yet many creatures have no problem living there. This is because most things living in the deep ocean are largely water and water is incompressible. Without gas-filled spaces like lungs or swim bladders, organisms in the great deep are less affected by pressure than we imagine.

Source: https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/facts/animal-pressure.html
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Akalia(m): 8:48am On Apr 26, 2021
Grandmeister:

Submarines are designed to a certain depth. When it goes beyond it’s control test depth the pressure will cave in the hull. You don’t seem to understand the immense pressure that can be obtained thousands of feet in the sea/ocean.
What I do not still understand is how the gigantic water pressure can relatively crush the armored iron of a submarine but can't crush a tiny delicate underwater lifeform. Enigma.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by Akalia(m): 8:50am On Apr 26, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

At deep-sea depths, the pressure is unimaginable, yet many creatures have no problem living there. This is because most things living in the deep ocean are largely water and water is incompressible. Without gas-filled spaces like lungs or swim bladders, organisms in the great deep are less affected by pressure than we imagine.

Source: https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/facts/animal-pressure.html
I am convinced now, your submission is clear and detailed.
Re: Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean by peropoliet(m): 9:33am On Apr 26, 2021
venabili:

RIP to the dead soldiers.

There are few instances of submarines sinking actually. If i recall, plane accidents occur more frequently than. Submarines. Unfortunately, since they operate at depth, accidents are quite fatal. Once a submarine passes its crush depth, the water pressure simply crushes it(hence the break up)
Any escape pod will suffer the same fate unless it is specifically build to withstand such depths.

Edit
Submariners rarely think of escaping their striken ships. They fight to save her every minute they've got. If they cant, they go down with her. And even if they did think of escaping later anyway, they simply cant. Unprotected, the sea will kill any human below 100 to 120 feet depth. Most submarines operating depth is well beyond 600 feet.
Once stricken and at the bottom of the sea, your only chance is to be in a airtight chamber with sufficient oxygen. And be found by the rescue team before the oxygen finishes. And hope your nation isnt too proud to call for help as only very few nations possess the capacity for such intensive search and deep sea rescue.

The Russian Kursk incidence is a classic case in point
can we be friends I like people wey sabi history

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Popular Quotes By Idi Amin Of Uganda / Afghan President Ghani Arrives UAE With Family Members, Multimillion-dollar Loot / Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.