Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? (493 Views)

Osinbajo Binds Evil Forces, Begs God To Forgive Nigerians’ Disobedience / Dealing With Evil Forces Of The Night / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Nicenancy(f): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
Can men or devils abort God's will or plans?

For instance, Can God bless a man to become president and devils or men or the man himself abort/change this plan?

Scriptural references will be appreciated

Thank you
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Nicenancy(f): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
Isaiah 22:22

I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

1 Like

Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Nicenancy(f): 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
Revelation 3:7-8

[7]“And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, ‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”:

[8]“I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Pierocash(m): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
It takes personal responsibility to see God's blessing come to pass in your life. If you don't take responsibility, demonic forces can alter it fulfilment and truncate it.

Deut 2:24

1 Like

Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Nicenancy(f): 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2021
Pierocash:
It takes personal responsibility to see God's blessing come to pass in your life. If you don't take responsibility, demonic forces can alter it fulfilment and truncate it.

Deut 2:24

Deuteronomy 2:24-25

[24]“ ‘Rise, take your journey, and cross over the River Arnon. Look, I have given into your hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land. Begin to possess it, and engage him in battle.

[25]This day I will begin to put the dread and fear of you upon the nations under the whole heaven, who shall hear the report of you, and shall tremble and be in anguish because of you.’

How does the above support your hermeunetic? God said he had given sihon and his land into his hand. The moment God proclaims it is done
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Pierocash(m): 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
Nicenancy:

Deuteronomy 2:24-25

[24]“ ‘Rise, take your journey, and cross over the River Arnon. Look, I have given into your hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land. Begin to possess it, and engage him in battle.

[25]This day I will begin to put the dread and fear of you upon the nations under the whole heaven, who shall hear the report of you, and shall tremble and be in anguish because of you.’

How does the above support your hermeunetic? God said he had given sihon and his land into his hand. The moment God proclaims it is done
given you the land simply implies blessing you with portions of what is good,you need to fight to possess it. That is where personal responsibility comes in. If your responsibility isn't needed , God could have simply told them to just go and possess it. But he said...." And contend with them in battle".so no battle,no possession.

A great and effectual are open unto me but there are many adversaries.

Summary: God can give and bless,and evil hand of men can deprive you if you don't contend to make it a reality

1 Like

Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Kobojunkiee: 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2021
Nicenancy:
Of course not! undecided
I mean men and devils would first need to know what God's will and plan is in order to attempt an abortion of His Will and plans, would they not? And no man knows the mind of God. undecided
Nicenancy:
For instance, Can God bless a man to become president and devils or men or the man himself abort/change this plan?
But would God bless a man with that which is against Him, God? undecided

Matthew 20 vs 25-28 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. So Jesus called the followers together. He said, “You know that the rulers of the non-Jewish people love to show their power over the people. And their important leaders love to use all their authority over the people.
26. But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.
27. Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave.
28. Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people.”
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by extol1(m): 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
to the best of my knowledge, there is no answer to your question. this life is a mystery that human can't get to know.
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by EndNigeriaNoww: 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
Pierocash:
given you the land simply implies blessing you with portions of what is good,you need to fight to possess it. That is where personal responsibility comes in. If your responsibility isn't needed , God could have simply told them to just go and possess it. But he said...." And contend with them in battle".so no battle,no possession.

A great and effectual are open unto me but there are many adversaries.

Summary: God can give and bless,and evil hand of men can deprive you if you don't contend to make it a reality
smart, intelligent and correct. God has a destiny for everybody but if u are not careful, u can lose urs. Every destiny is elastic (Prone to change) except God has said it's a must.

1 Like

Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Kobojunkiee: 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2021
EndNigeriaNoww:
smart, intelligent and correct. God has a destiny for everybody but if u are not careful, u can lose urs. Every destiny is elastic (Prone to change) except God has said it's a must.
So, from the fragment in bold, you concur with the Op that God's Will cannot be changed? undecided
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by mysticwarrior(m): 8:40pm On Apr 26, 2021
EndNigeriaNoww:
what God has ordained cannot be stopped because his words are final, it can only be delayed by supernatural forces but there is a limit to which those forces could delay it.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Kobojunkiee: 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
mysticwarrior:
what God has ordained cannot be stopped because his words are final, it can only be delayed by supernatural forces but there is a limit to which those forces could delay it.
What supernatural forces?undecided
What scriptural reference can you provide for this claim? undecided
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by EndNigeriaNoww: 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So, from the fragment in bold, you concur with the Op that God's Will cannot be changed? undecided
mysticwarrior
I don't have time for people with low IQ that lacks comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Kobojunkiee: 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2021
EndNigeriaNoww:
mysticwarrior,I don't have time for people with low IQ that lacks comprehension.
Why not prove, by way of your rebuttals and responses, that you are not yourself of those with low IQ lacking in comprehension skills? undecided
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by BetterChurch: 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2021
Nicenancy:

Thank you

God does not will one person a better position than another. However, Karma (an immutable law of God) is a major determinant of our station in life.

1 Like

Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Nicenancy(f): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
BetterChurch:

God does not will one person a better position than another. However, Karma (an immutable law of God) is a major determinant of our station in life.

Is karma in the Bible?

Any scriptural references to back your claim?
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by BetterChurch: 9:06pm On Apr 26, 2021
Nicenancy:

Is karma in the Bible?

Any scriptural references to back your claim?

Yes, several of them
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by mysticwarrior(m): 9:12pm On Apr 26, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
What supernatural forces?undecided
What scriptural reference can you provide for this claim? undecided
keep looking for scriptural references as if you don't know every scripture is written by human with flesh and blood like you.
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by mysticwarrior(m): 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
EndNigeriaNoww:
mysticwarrior
I don't have time for people with low IQ that lacks comprehension.
but you have time to quote me? that goes to show how stewpid you really are
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Kobojunkiee: 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
mysticwarrior:
keep looking for scriptural references as if you don't know every scripture is written by human with flesh and blood like you.
So, because scripture is written by humans, you then feel justified in making outlandish claims with no scriptural roots to them? undecided
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by mysticwarrior(m): 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So, because scripture is written by humans, you then feel justified in making outlandish claims with no scriptural roots to them? undecided
which religious scriptural reference do you want me to quote? Christianity Hindu, islamic, Buddhist, Zoroastrianist, Shintoist, atheists, Armoc, Eckanker, or traditional African religious? pls tell me which one of them??
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by Kobojunkiee: 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2021
mysticwarrior:
which religious scriptural reference do you want me to quote? Christianity Hindu, islamic, Buddhist, Zoroastrianist, Shintoist, atheists, Armoc, Eckanker, or traditional African religious? pls tell me which one of them??
Check with the OP for reference as to what is valid in this case. undecided
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by BetterChurch: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2021
"If the karma of man has brought him nothing more than a capacity to love,
then he has not lived in vain for a thousand past lives. It is this love which makes the most humble of Souls so great that it lifts him beyond all human life into the worlds of God."

~ The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad The holy Scripture of Eckankar
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by chatinent: 12:01am On Apr 27, 2021
Nicenancy:

Thank you

Being politically inclined is already sth of the world.
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by chatinent: 12:02am On Apr 27, 2021
BetterChurch:
"If the karma of man has brought him nothing more than a capacity to love,
then he has not lived in vain for a thousand past lives. It is this love which makes the most humble of Souls so great that it lifts him beyond all human life into the worlds of God."

~ The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad The holy Scripture of Eckankar

How you bring karma to Christianity surprises me.
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by BetterChurch: 9:24am On Apr 27, 2021
chatinent:

How you bring karma to Christianity surprises me.

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. [b]A man reaps what he sows." [/b]Galatians 6;7

Are we together now?
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by chatinent: 9:29am On Apr 27, 2021
BetterChurch:

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. [b]A man reaps what he sows." [/b]Galatians 6;7

Are we together now?

Does that explain karma?

Or you felt it does?

Please read the full concept of karma here https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101985130#h=15:0-25:734

Karma is hinduistic, and supports other unchristian doctrines of reincarnation, immorality of the soul, etc.

You are welcome.
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by BetterChurch: 10:29am On Apr 27, 2021
chatinent:

Does that explain karma?

Or you felt it does?

Please read the full concept of karma here https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101985130#h=15:0-25:734

Karma is hinduistic, and supports other unchristian doctrines of reincarnation, immorality of the soul, etc.

You are welcome.

Thanks.

So the jw link is now superior to the Bible ?

The bible says "Do not be deceived as one soweth so shall he reap." As it's often said, don't add or subtract.

It is again written "As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it." Job 4:8
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by sonmvayina(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2021
Whatever happens, happens because it is the will of God. Whether it is good or evil. If God says A , nobody can change it to B. People should remember that God is not a man or human being , good and evil mean same thing to God. If I ask God for the life of my enemy, he is going to grant it. Not every body will be smart enough to ask for wisdom like Solomon...

So God, creates and God destroys...
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by chatinent: 10:41am On Apr 27, 2021
BetterChurch:

Thanks.

So the jw link is now superior to the Bible ?

The bible says "Do not be deceived as one soweth so shall he reap." As it's often said, don't add or subtract.

It is again written "As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it." Job 4:8

Believe what you want, bro.

I've helped you already to know the truth.
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by chatinent: 10:42am On Apr 27, 2021
sonmvayina:
Whatever happens, happens because it is the will of God. Whether it is good or evil. If God says A , nobody can change it to B. People should remember that God is not a man or human being , good and evil mean same thing to God. If I ask God for the life of my enemy, he is going to grant it. Not every body will be smart enough to ask for wisdom like Solomon...

So God, creates and God destroys...

This is a very wrong philosophy.

James 1:13 says you lie.
Re: Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? by sonmvayina(m): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2021
chatinent:

This is a very wrong philosophy.

James 1:13 says you lie.

Who is James?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adulterer And Adulteress / Discover The Reason Israelites Don't Bury People In Their Houses Like Africans / Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Dead At 57yrs, Watch His Last Video Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.