Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,389 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Accommodating An Insolent Girl - Education (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Accommodating An Insolent Girl (78313 Views)

Advice Concerning : Accommodating An Insolent Girl / Have You Ever Seen An Exam Instruction So Accommodating? / KNUST Ghana Sanction Six Students For Accommodating Opposite Sex After 10pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Verysmart101: 8:19am On Apr 28, 2021
Richochett:

You don't have any legal right to lock her out of her personal belongings (e.g clothes). If you're not comfortable with her attitude simply tell her to start looking for accommodation.

Moreover, from your narratives I can't see anywhere the girl has wronged you. You're are just acting bossy because its your house cool

Allow her to enter the house.

Really,acting bossy but he feeds her,vacated the bed for her and was sleeping on d floor so she could have comfort and u say he is acting bossy? Let me not say anything about u now.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Princeboca12(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2021
Kingcalls:
Thats the entitlement mentality women have...imagine say u decide to de hammer am , she will do worse... thats the difference between guys and girls...if na man u accommodate freely...he will sleep on the floor and still act like house boy to u...he will b going on errands free for u and will b fetching the water without u knowing that the is water problem...men are more appreciative than woman and never forget the help u gave them when they were in need ... women act like entitled spoilt kids

Gosh! I enjoyed reading this comment. Men are really appreciative. I've got a lot of experiences, reason why I'll always help a guy before a lady.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ACE1010: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2021
Guy you did well...that's my style...we no dey make noise ni cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by cookings(m): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2021
Na man you be. Well deserved.

Abeg no forget share us the rest of the story.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Akuruoulo(m): 8:24am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
My neighbor called that she's stranded that I should return

DON'T FEEL ANY PITTY YET . OFF UR PHONE FOR A DAY IF U CAN. I BET SHE MIGHT HAVE A SILLY PLAN AWAITN YOU. BUT THE PART U SAID YOU SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR MAKES U SOUND LIKE A VERY BIG SIMP.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by donmarvex1(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
Lastly the matter has been resolved in the best possible way after the lock out.

She apologised, I did apologise too but I let her know the earlier we part ways, the better for us(me especially)

You're a great guy and I'm glad both of you resolved the issue amicably. Happy she was able to see reasons to apologize and you did so too.
All the best!
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by KingAzari: 8:25am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
Good day NLers, please I need your take on this.
I'm a student in one of Nigeria's prominent public universities.

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

I offered a roof over her head.

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

She said she was gonn take food stuff to her friend's place (upstairs) to cook.
I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

She got angry and took some money and left

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.
I thought it was rude but considered it as one of the many tantrums of ladies

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
I made her understand that I am her benefactor.
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

She has returned and has been calling my line but I've been ignoring...

Now, is my action too harsh or still in line??!

Na man you be. You did what a reasonable human would do.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by CalmElder(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Haha that's how some parents are doing now if they discovered you are responsible they will try by force to wife up their hoe daughter to you, "you are a respectable man you should man up " grin

Baba no gree

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by shevon: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

Good.
While you are at it, make sure to call her parent(s) and report the issue before she would get to them, cos if she does before you, there is no way you'd be seen to have done the right thing.
Abeg, we wan know as the movie end grin
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by lekonso: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2021
Your action is not harsh, if everything you said is true. That girl is highly is irresponsible. Report her to her parents. You have talked to her she did not listen.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by lolaluv1(f): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
Lastly the matter has been resolved in the best possible way after the lock out.

She apologised, I did apologise too but I let her know the earlier we part ways, the better for us(me especially)

I like that you are a focused young man. A good percent of Nigerian guys would have started eying her body from the first week, if not from the first night. If any man can control that thing between their legs (as you have done), that man can conquer the world. Kudos and keep it up. It is not every hole man must jump into.

5 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by akpota(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:

Boss, I understand you helped her but don’t allow it get to your head ooh. It is the grace of a God that you can help her. Don’t feel like Oga and that because u gave her a roof, she should be your slave. The lady asked a question saying what can they do to get water because she intend to cook for the both of you. She was out of options and wanted your solution as opinion. It was best you guys solve that immediate problem even if it meant buying bag of water if you are like me that won’t like taking things like water from neighbors. They can rather come to fetch water in my residence. That girl sees you differently but you don’t see it. Call her and you guys should have a heart to heart talk also tell her what you don’t like and she should change. You will discover how she sees you and she does appreciate the fact you gave her shelter. Ladies sometimes don’t know how to express themselves. You can dm me on whatspp 07055498513 let see how this goes.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by chris51(f): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2021
The advice I wanted to give you was for you to change the locks. Since you have done so, you are ok. Don't answer her calls.
Send her message to come and collect her stuff.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Chris525: 8:30am On Apr 28, 2021
Its all your fault. On a norms, she’s to be sleeping on the floor. Then you can ask her to buy small hostel mattress. You sold yourself cheap. Being nice to people these days is selling your self short. Most times they see it as weakness.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by chris51(f): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2021
chris51:
The advice I wanted to give you was for you to change the locks. Since you have done so, you are ok. Don't answer her calls.
Send her message to come and collect her stuff.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by KingAzari: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
I should unlock and evict her??!

I don't actually want to be the one who tells her to leave.

She should make that choice herself

First of all, switch the sleeping position. Let her go back to sleeping on the floor until further notice and clearly spell out the conditions and terms for her continued stay.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by abiala2015(m): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2021
Some ladies are not appreciative at all. What you did wasn't bad. Is either she turn a new live or she moves out from your apartment.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2021
Richochett:

At least I'm more intelligent than you.
Nah man, you actually showed you're retarded with that comment grin
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by hotwax: 8:34am On Apr 28, 2021
are u sure you are not removing her pant?

because her boldness has a reason
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by KingAzari: 8:35am On Apr 28, 2021
lolaluv1:

I like that you are a focused young man. A good percent of Nigerian guys would have started eying her body from the first week, if not from the first night. If any man can control that thing between their legs (as you have done), that man can conquer the world. Kudos and keep it up. It is not every hole man must jump into.

Do you know what she looks like and do you think someone with this kind of stinking attitude would be attractive to a man? Naaa.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Joyson: 8:40am On Apr 28, 2021
bro, you try too much, which kind of nonsense person be that.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ShawnT(m): 8:40am On Apr 28, 2021
You're mad sir
realtalk19:

Did you comprehend the op's write up or u don't understand English!
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Akuruoulo(m): 8:40am On Apr 28, 2021
tosik:
tell her if she can't follow your rules and regulation she is free to move out....too much of pity cause barrier to people life....
WOMEN NEED POWERFUL MEN. IF HE STARTD ACTING DIRECT EARLIER, SHE FOR NO GET MIND DO SHIT.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Psoul(m): 8:40am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
I should unlock and evict her??!

I don't actually want to be the one who tells her to leave.

She should make that choice herself

If you want her to make that decision, guy u will have to wait till eternity.
If you also expect her to change that attitude, u are in for a long thing.
She will rather start doing things that will anger u more.
She will start sleeping outside the apartment more often.
Come back to bath and dress up and leave again
Start giving u some attitude.
You will start hearing; "Just because I am sharing apartment wt him, daz why he think I should be his maid."
If care is not taken, she will say that you are doing this cos she refused admit to ur sexual passes on her.

Bros, my advise is this.
For the fact that she is a lady, tell her to start looking for accommodation elsewhere and that u will contribute a little for her 1st rent.
Tell her that she is free to visit u any time she feels like.
If you don't do dis and may be the girl refused to change, staying together may become so bad that it may affect the relationship between ur mom and hers.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Amwitty(f): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:

My God will bless you for what you did she is so rude, ill-mannered, stupid and lacks home training, just call your parents and report her to them and if possible her parents as well. Thank you for putting one of this very rude girls we have now in our society to her place.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by jameel6: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2021
Locking her out of the house is not right bro, but I must commend you for your patience and good mind. Go back home and park all her belongings outside, tell her you can't accommodate her anymore.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2021
My brother you didn't do well at all, you have forgotten your families re involve in her staying in your place, Why don't you reach out to your family and update them on what happening, rather than you taking decision to pay her back in her own coin.what you have done could be right if you on your own accommodated someone cause you felt she needs help, but in this case she came through family source, now imagine locking her own without notice, what if she on her monthly flow,you expect her to borrow pant,pad,cloth to change haba, and you know the kind of society we re now "ritually".. Mind you there is no family that would be comfortable to send there daughter to stay with a guy in school, if they have a better option I'm sure the girl won't have come to stay with you. Its a sensitive issues that needed to be handle maturely.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by jameel6: 8:44am On Apr 28, 2021
jameel6:
Locking her out of the house is not right bro, but I must commend you for your patience and good mind. Go back home and pack all her belongings outside, tell her you can't accommodate her anymore.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Amwitty(f): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=daveyjay post=101166418]
But come to think of it you must be a gentleman o for her parents to allow her stay with you from January till now considering you guys are not even related you try o
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by villagejournal: 8:48am On Apr 28, 2021
You should inform her parents of her behavior before you let her go
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by focus7: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:

There's a time one get to know he has reached the limit of helping. Call her to come pack her things out of your place, she's an ingrate.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Psoul(m): 8:50am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
What I'm concerned about is how both families will receive the news...

Her parents will believe whatever lie she sells

...and you are worried about this.
Are you sure you can make a good manager wt this attitude?
U want to allow evil to continue cos you don't want someone else to get offended if u correct the evil.
That's immaturity.
Take decision that will make things right and forget about how ppl feel about it.
Deep inside them, they know that ur action was right, they only wanted u to do it their own way which they know is not the fair way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Top 10 Candidates In 2023 UTME As Announced By JAMB / 20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.