Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. (29215 Views)

What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Production Version Of Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Concept Car Will Be Called "ONE" / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by Fanuchi007: 9:21pm On May 04, 2021
buy Hyundai Elantra or hyundai tucson
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by kunle75(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2021
yesloaded:

You are right

My first car is Toyota Highlander & I never regret buying it

Corolla won't be bad option for lovers of sedan

I started with toyota 2000 sienna, and later,04 corolla,04 rav4 and 2013 corolla and no single regrets ever.

1 Like

Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by Carparts888(m): 10:13pm On May 04, 2021
It's between 3.2m to 3.5m i think...mine was 2.5m as at 2014 but it's on the high side now.. The pictures are for illustration purpose only not that it's available for sale
Freelane33:
Price ?
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 04, 2021
Fanuchi007:
buy Hyundai Elantra or hyundai tucson
hyundai na car angry
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by MrDoGood(m): 1:06am On May 05, 2021
seanfer:
2008-09 RX 350. Better ground clearance and luxury.

Can't even get this car for that amount.

Even Nigerian use no sell for 4m
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by DaCharis2016: 12:50pm On May 05, 2021
Which would u suggest for a Nigerian use btw ₦1-5m first timer.. Considering the rate of high-jacking of Toyota products.
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by Kenmarine(m): 1:07pm On May 05, 2021
What's your reason for hating the Toyota Camry.. A 2011 Toyota Camry won't be a bad idea, 2012 Honda accord also good. Everyone is shouting Benz Benz, but bros keep the money when the issue arises... In summary get a budget car as this is your first car
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by UncutSk(m): 1:42pm On May 05, 2021
[quote author=tonero230 post=101381280][/quote] are you suggesting that Rx 300 consumes w lot of fuel? I'm considering it
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by UncutSk(m): 1:45pm On May 05, 2021
Carparts888:
2007 to 2009 Toyota rav4 4cylinder engine and front wheel drive(avoid v6 n awd as a first timer) .. Roomy and spacious to carry stuffs, Good ground clearance for bad roads, very rugged, easy to maintain, reliable, durable and high resale value.. Buy and u will come back here and thank me later and even pray for me sef..
what are your reason AWD and V6 should be avoided?
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by Carparts888(m): 5:56pm On May 05, 2021
Because AWD come with back axle and it needs to serviced and guaged from time to time with its lubricant and even with that it has the tendency to get bad especially during raining season and it can't be repaired if bad and cost to replace is close to 200k and even if changed, it could spoil again depending on usage and kind of environment u stay especially flooded areas and secondly the v6 of the rav4 is very good but if not properly maintained I.e bad engine oil used or its oil gets extremely low without being checked or if it overheats seriously even just once, the engine is gone and it's very expensive (2GR Engine) close to 500k or more with the current exchange rate.. D gear of the v6 is also very expensive should it get faulty.
UncutSk:
what are your reason AWD and V6 should be avoided?

1 Like

Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by UncutSk(m): 6:10pm On May 05, 2021
Carparts888:
Because AWD come with back axle and it needs to serviced and guaged from time to time with its lubricant and even with that it has the tendency to get bad especially during raining season and it can't be repaired if bad and cost to replace is close to 200k and even if changed, it could spoil again depending on usage and kind of environment u stay especially flooded areas and secondly the v6 of the rav4 is very good but if not properly maintained I.e bad engine oil used or its oil gets extremely low without being checked or if it overheats seriously even just once, the engine is gone and it's very expensive (2GR Engine) close to 500k or more with the current exchange rate.. D gear of the v6 is also very expensive should it get faulty.
thanks for taking time to reply sir... what do you think about 02/03 RX300.. I heard it consumes fuel... what about maintenance...and general thoughts... appreciate your feedback
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by Carparts888(m): 7:04pm On May 05, 2021
Your welcome, Lexus rx300 is reliable and rugged and I have have a friend that even bought another after d first one had accident and it comes with 1mz fe engine v6 3.0 capacity which is quite fast and rugged.. As for the fuel economy il say it's fairly economical but the newer models are more fuel ecomical.. Iv heard occasionally transmission issues common in rx300 and engine sludge issues from people that have used or still using but not very common though.. It's all about vehicle maintenance.. But I would advise u go for a highlander if u can increase your budget.. 2003 to 2007 highlander v6 which comes with 3mz fe engine & engine capacity 3.3 more powerful than 3.0 engine capacity of rx300 and highlander 2001 to 2003 V6 and yet more fuel ecomical.
UncutSk:

thanks for taking time to reply sir... what do you think about 02/03 RX300.. I heard it consumes fuel... what about maintenance...and general thoughts... appreciate your feedback

2 Likes

Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by Lencer: 10:27pm On May 05, 2021
Hello everyone, for beginners, I would recommend an inexpensive and practical car, preferably not large in size. I currently have a nissan rogue, this is a new model of this brand's SUVs. When I first started driving, I had a Volkswagen golf, it is very small and quite easy to operate.
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by willjamal: 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Horoyeencar:
I don't like Camry or corolla

Hey bro, what car did you end up buying? I'm also facing a dilemma purchasing a new car.
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by willjamal: 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2021
Horoyeencar:
You are a big fool. And your level of reasoning is like buhari's own bloody dullard!!! Must your comment? so you stupid self doesn't know that there are young guys making it legitimately without scamming people.E.g crypt traders, freelancers etc. For your info I am WEB DEVELOPER (PROGRAMMER), stop jumping into conclusion next time wretched bastard!!!

Don't mind the fool. Looks like we got a lot in common bro. We both don't like Camrys and Corollas. We're both into tech, and we're both looking to buy our first car. Let's connect, I'd like to find out which car you ended up buying, and how it's treating you so far. Zero seven zero three three seven five zero six seven three. Cheers!
Re: What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. by Horoyeencar: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
C300 CHIEF. I'LL BUZZ YOU!
willjamal:

Don't mind the fool. Looks like we got a lot in common bro. We both don't like Camrys and Corollas. We're both into tech, and we're both looking to buy our first car. Let's connect, I'd like to find out which car you ended up buying, and how it's treating you so far. Zero seven zero three three seven five zero six seven three. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What The Warning Symbols Flashing On Your Car's Dashboard Is Trying To Tell You / Are These The Worst Paint Jobs Ever Done On Cars? / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.