Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! (6777 Views)

Ohanaeze: Ndigbo Won’t Support Nigeria’s Break-up / South East: Deployment Of Military May Lead To Nigeria’s Break Up – Ohanaeze / Ozekhome: Fanning The Embers Of Disunity And Subjugation Of Igbo Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by ReubenE(m): 11:42am On May 03, 2021
Stone03:

Powerful Oga, Your grammatical construction is next to none. I need to sit down with you for my brush up. Can you recommend any material for me?
You are very generous with words. Thank you.

I was banned, the reason I could not respond until now.
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Easternblood: 1:00pm On May 03, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed As usual, I'm not surprised one bit. OP conjured this write up from an IDP camp in Cotonou
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Igboid: 1:46pm On May 03, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Hahaha, this dude is becoming increasingly paranoid as the signs of Nigeria's breakup become very clear. Just look at the rubbish he wrote here and I wonder who he thinks he can decieve with this trash. Now, let me enlighten you as I counter each ridiculous point you made grin grin

1. Igbos are not just all over Nigeria, we are all over the world. Now, what will happen when Nigeria eventually breaks up is that many will return home while those that can't cope with the competition in the East will find themselves moving to other African countries. And boy, are Igbos capable of overcoming the initial challenge? Yes! Even in 1966 when there were relatively more Igbos in the North percentage wise, we would have been able to easily absorb them if not for the blockade. Are you saying there are up to 20 million Igbos in the North? That's obviously not true except you mean we constitute 20% of your total population. Again, when you say North, you are lumping together the middle belt which is quite funny because the middle belt states like Benue, Plateau, and Taraba would rather chase you fulani terrorists away than chase Igbo developers away grin grin

How to educate, feed, house or employ them? Don't worry. Definitely more schools would be built to accommodate them. More demand will equal to more supply and you can't argue we don't have enough money bags to invest in education. People like that man that built a private university in Kaduna only for his students to be kidnapped will gladly build them in Biafra under a conducive environment! Same applies to housing. Even though slums may start appearing in our cities in the interim, but I will bet you that the demand for housing will lead to a construction boom! Millions of our diaspora population and rich people in Igboland will gladly build more houses! About food, is Nigeria feeding Igbos for free? Don't we buy the food with our money? Or you think we will starve if you don't bring some of the food we buy from North? We will simply buy elsewhere and you guys in the North will sink deeper into poverty since your food will perish with no buyers tongue tongue

Did you say we rely on Abuja for allocations and we won't have oil money? You're ignorant! There are enough oil and gas deposits in Igboland to give us far more revenue than the peanuts we get from FG. Mind you, all the hydrocarbon deposits in Igboland within SE and SS will now be under the government even though the provinces or states will be in control and pay tax to the government. Again, are you aware that remmitances is already rivaling proceeds from crude oil exports? Which people constitute the bulk of the diaspora population? Is it not Igbos?

Did you say Igbo industrialists depend on Nigeria market? You forgot that once Nigeria breaks up the market also breaks up and we will experience more influx of people. You forgot you already claimed 20 million Igbos will return? That's the market! So, while you lose your market share, ours will book! However, don't forget that ECOWAS and now Aftcta has removed all barriers to inter-African trade. This means that we can still produce in Aba, Onitsha or Nnewi and still sell in Cameroun, Ghana, Senegal and even in YOUR AREWA grin grin grin

In summary, a break up of Nigeria will never lead to the extinction of Igbos, rather on the contrary, it will make us to blossom and soar to high heavens above the mediocrity Nigeria entrenches.

Don't cry for us my brother, instead cry for your Arewa that will definitely be the world's worst country in many indices cheesy cheesy cheesy

Excellent reply.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Igboid: 1:48pm On May 03, 2021
IGBOSON1:

Of course it’s not that they can’t envision a ‘one Nigeria’ (their ATM) continuing without the much despised Igbos....it’s just that they’re overflowing with feelings of love, trust and care towards us! wink

Haha! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by okeyfrank: 3:05pm On May 03, 2021
Rosskiiku:
Nigeria Break-Up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race!

Igbos keep saying ''let everybody go his own way''.

But if that happens, Igbos will suffer the most.

There are millions of Igbo people living all over Nigeria.

They will be deported back to Igboland en masse in the event of a breakup.

Can Igboland handle 20 million angry, hungry Igbo returnees with lost businesses and sources of income?

How will you employ them?

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

How will you educate them?

How will the Igbo states, currently reliant on monthly federal allocation from Abuja, replace that income, since no more oil money? (The Niger Delta would not be part of 'Biafra' of course)

So what will they do for money?

Sell coal?

Nobody wants any gaddemn coal or palm oil in today's world.

Igbo industrialists, manufacturers, businessmen, and traders are dependent on access to the Nigerian market - Africa's biggest by a long shot - for their continued progress and expansion.

A breakup of Nigeria destroys that access, as whatever nation(s) takes its place will raise protectionist measures to build up their own industries.

I just don't see how this ends well for the Igbo people.

I fear a break-up of Nigeria could lead to the extinction of the Igbo race!

Do not cry more than the bereaved.
Leave matter for Mathias
Face front and solve your own regional problems

You are not Igbo, You cannot reason like the Igbos, or for the Igbos

Igbos are the most industrious and most united race on earth, so they can achieve anything if they want.

Do not drink panadol for another person's headache

It's better for the Old Eastern Nigeria to have their own Biafran Nation than to continue to live with this terrorist, retrogressive and unfortunate fulani govt.

IT'S TOO LATE TO CRY
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Stone03: 3:55pm On May 03, 2021
ReubenE:

You are very generous with words. Thank you.

I was banned, the reason I could not respond until now.

I wonder why the media is afraid of people like you. Don't mind the cowards
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by TMwise1942: 8:07pm On May 03, 2021
IGBOSON1:

Of course it’s not that they can’t envision a ‘one Nigeria’ (their ATM) continuing without the much despised Igbos....it’s just that they’re overflowing with feelings of love, trust and care towards us! wink
hmmm I see �
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Rossinkup: 11:54pm On May 03, 2021
EMMY76:

Nigeria is just 106yrs old but the igbos have been existing thausands of years ago before the arrival of the british to their land and forced to join the rest of nigeria so tell me how will they go extint if they returned back to their former independent state. You and ur kinds are just suffering from british colonial brainwashed mentality the day u all begin to believe in urselves that's the day u truly becomes free and independent.

Ok, here's the difference between pre-colonial Igboland and modern Igboland.

Pre-colonial Igboland was an agragrian society that ran an economy based on subsistence agriculture, ironworking, and artisanship.

Emphasis was placed on communalism, equality, and sharing, with no man seen to be overly wealthier, or poorer than his peers.

Today's Igboland is fundamentally different, philosophically. The orientation is towards private accumulation of wealth.

A race for private wealth in a brazenly capitalist world, defines the average Igbo person's current orientation and proclivity.

The FORMER, pre-colonial orientation was nurtured by relatively closed societies with only limited trade and interaction with other regions.

THE PRESENT orientation is nurtured by open, free access to external markets in ever expanding numbers, to grow internal capital that generates private wealth.

So, retreating to the former orientation represents a backward and retrogressive step in today's world.
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by EMMY76: 11:21am On May 04, 2021
Rossinkup:

Ok, here's the difference between pre-colonial Igboland and modern Igboland.

Pre-colonial Igboland was an agragrian society that ran an economy based on subsistence agriculture, ironworking, and artisanship.

Emphasis was placed on communalism, equality, and sharing, with no man seen to be overly wealthier, or poorer than his peers.

Today's Igboland is fundamentally different, philosophically. The orientation is towards private accumulation of wealth.

A race for private wealth in a brazenly capitalist world, defines the average Igbo person's current orientation and proclivity.

The FORMER, pre-colonial orientation was nurtured by relatively closed societies with only limited trade and interaction with other regions.

THE PRESENT orientation is nurtured by open, free access to external markets in ever expanding numbers, to grow internal capital that generates private wealth.

So, retreating to the former orientation represents a backward and retrogressive step in today's world.

That's ur own view but the igbos will surely cope and adjust to the new changes they are widely known to survive and thrive in harsh eviroments. Igbo business men can easily adapt from been major importers to be major manufacturers like the chinese are currently doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ongoing Clash In Lagos As Tinubu Supporters Attack Igbos Over Election Result / Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. / Accept Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Nwokocha From Senate – PDP Advises LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.