Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! (6778 Views)

Ohanaeze: Ndigbo Won’t Support Nigeria’s Break-up / South East: Deployment Of Military May Lead To Nigeria’s Break Up – Ohanaeze / Ozekhome: Fanning The Embers Of Disunity And Subjugation Of Igbo Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:00am On May 02, 2021
Seeeker:
They won't go extinct but may regret their action if other regions try to teach them lessons.

Do you love them now? Why don't you get rid of them as your nemesis?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Fejoku: 7:06am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

For real. I bet some of Gowon's friends are saying to him, ''You see now? We should have finished them off then! We would not have all this trouble now!''

If Gowon had done, say what the Europeans did to the American Indians, ie defeat them in war, then genocide them, leaving only a few remnants, the Igbos would be like the native American population today - with a tiny number of them holed up in 'reservations' where tourists go to observe them like zoo creatures.

Cities like Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri, and Aba would have been long ago renamed to New Kaduna, New Ibadan, New Maiduguri, New Ijebu-Ode etc.

That is what normally happens when you lose a war. You don't get to retain your cities, towns, and everything, and even be demanding money from the victor. It's unheard of.

Just imagine what a supposed concerned person wrote concerning Igbos. Only a terrorist would reason in such manner.
Japan and Germany lost WW2 and non of their cities were renamed but dogs like the OP and his ilks think Igbos should have had their cities renamed. The animals think that it was actually their useless Nigeria that won the war. Those who blockaded Biafra while arming you know the full story and today have started thinking the right thing. Can your fulani ethnic group face Igbos in a war? You come here to gloat over a war fought for you by Britain and USSR without Igbos having any power as back up? You're so pathetic. Anyway, current events are suggesting that any war today will see both sides having a world power behind them then we can how mouthed you can be.
I'm glad foreign netizens can read up our chats and see you for the lunatic that you are.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Enyimbafc: 7:07am On May 02, 2021
Doradorwa:
Just like North and South Korea. Even after 73 years of the Entity called North korea they are still unable to stand economically. I read a report about how coffees beans are sent to North korea by the South as social aids.... All the north have is too play with their nuclear weapons and it's obvious nobody is interested in buying from them... All this BIAFRA is not gonna be possible because it lacks a proper blueprint. How will the system of federalism work among them.
Who is this efulefu,North korea is economical viable than all Africa countries.South korea is a technological advance country but North does not depend on it for anything.If Biafra should come to reality,do u mean that hausa,fulani and yoruba that have rendered Nigeria as a useless country will fare better than igbos in their country.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:08am On May 02, 2021
iammo:
cool

If you want to see how broken Nigeria would be let's first start with regional system of government

One of the important component of this break up is seat of power, then IGR, and allocation sharing

*Will Anambra State agree with Enugu State, to be the Seat of Power of Eastern region?!

*Will Anambra that makes the highest Internally Generated revenue in the 5 eastern State, agree to share the revenue with economically no viable state like Ebonyi

*Will Imo State and Abia State give up their financial autonomy they enjoy as an independent state collecting allocation and spending it as they like agree to new arrangement of going to central government in Enugu FCT to get project funding and approval

We have grown pass regional government. Balkanize this nation and there will bee peace and progress

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Fejoku: 7:09am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

For real. I bet some of Gowon's friends are saying to him, ''You see now? We should have finished them off then! We would not have all this trouble now!''

If Gowon had done, say what the Europeans did to the American Indians, ie defeat them in war, then genocide them, leaving only a few remnants, the Igbos would be like the native American population today - with a tiny number of them holed up in 'reservations' where tourists go to observe them like zoo creatures.

Cities like Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri, and Aba would have been long ago renamed to New Kaduna, New Ibadan, New Maiduguri, New Ijebu-Ode etc.

That is what normally happens when you lose a war. You don't get to retain your cities, towns, and everything, and even be demanding money from the victor. It's unheard of.

Yet there's a moderator in this forum.
Tueh!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:12am On May 02, 2021
Doradorwa:
lol... You are just like almost every igbo I've met... So egoist and (forgive me for saying this) so foolish. The moment a person start to get emotional and sentimental during a conversation with me I simply pull out because I know the person is either dumb with nothing sensible to say or just dumb sha.....

Don't worry the flag of BIAFRA will fly high if the cause is just

What makes the cause of Biafra unjust and the cause of Nigeria Just?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Lordave: 7:19am On May 02, 2021
Doradorwa:
lol... You are just like almost every igbo I've met... So egoist and (forgive me for saying this) so foolish. The moment a person start to get emotional and sentimental during a conversation with me I simply pull out because I know the person is either dumb with nothing sensible to say or just dumb sha.....

Don't worry the flag of BIAFRA will fly high if the cause is just
If you always attract foolish Igbos, doesn’t it mean you’re a foolish yoruba or hausa girl?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by celeiyke: 7:40am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:
Nigeria Break-Up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race!

Igbos keep saying ''let everybody go his own way''.

But if that happens, Igbos will suffer the most.

There are millions of Igbo people living all over Nigeria.

They will be deported back to Igboland en masse in the event of a breakup.

Can Igboland handle 20 million angry, hungry Igbo returnees with lost businesses and sources of income?

How will you employ them?

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

How will you educate them?

How will the Igbo states, currently reliant on monthly federal allocation from Abuja, replace that income, since no more oil money? (The Niger Delta would not be part of 'Biafra' of course)

So what will they do for money?

Sell coal?

Nobody wants any gaddemn coal or palm oil in today's world.

Igbo industrialists, manufacturers, businessmen, and traders are dependent on access to the Nigerian market - Africa's biggest by a long shot - for their continued progress and expansion.

A breakup of Nigeria destroys that access, as whatever nation(s) takes its place will raise protectionist measures to build up their own industries.

I just don't see how this ends well for the Igbo people.

I fear a break-up of Nigeria could lead to the extinction of the Igbo race!

Don't cry for the Igbo. You can lend your voice to quicken the process , then watch the Igbo will survive. Why do non Igbo worry more about what happens to the Igbo after breakup than what happens to them?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by uglybug: 7:42am On May 02, 2021
[quote author=iammo post=101300934]

Almost everything they suffer today, they were the architect of it ...

*Removal of referendum and seccession from 1956 constitution--- Nnamdi Azikwe

*Marginalisation of others to employ only specific tribesmen to form dominance -- Nnamdi Azikwe

*First Ethnic bloody coup and power take over - Nzeogwu and Ibo officers

* Unitary system of one Nigeria --- Aguiyi Ironsi, Professor Ben Nwabueze

* First person to kill a Seccesionist and freedom fighter of Niger Delta (Adaka Boro of 12 days revolution)-- Ojukwu

*First person to declare a war and lunch an attack on Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by uglybug: 7:50am On May 02, 2021
[/left]
uglybug:
[/quote][quote author=iammo post=101300934]

Almost everything they suffer today, they were the architect of it ...

*Removal of referendum and seccession from 1956 constitution--- Nnamdi Azikwe

*Marginalisation of others to employ only specific tribesmen to form dominance -- Nnamdi Azikwe

*First Ethnic bloody coup and power take over - Nzeogwu and Ibo officers

* Unitary system of one Nigeria --- Aguiyi Ironsi, Professor Ben Nwabueze

* First person to kill a Seccesionist and freedom fighter of Niger Delta (Adaka Boro of 12 days revolution)-- Ojukwu

*First person to declare a war and lunch an attack on Nigeria -- Ojuckwu

[quote author=uglybug post=101303738]
left]

Love or hate the Igbo for all you care, but dont distort history to lay credence to your bias.
Azikiwe did not amend our constitution at any time. The constitutions have been tinkered by the military as it suits them over the years.
I dont get how and when Azikiwe marginalised other tribes. The Mayor of Enugu when Azikiwe was the Premier was Malam Umaru Altine!
The first coup was carried out by Nigerian soldiers of varying ethnicity. Nzeogwu wasnt the originator of the coup but he was the most daring and so was considered the leader. The ratio of Igbo soldiers did outnumber those from other ethnicities, but the fact remains that other ethnicities were part of the coup.
The Unitary system was adopted by Aguiyi Ironsis regime . Ben Nwabueze had nothing to do with it.
Adaka Boro was imprisoned by Ironsi, granted amnesty by Gowon and he died fighting for the Federal government during the civil war. Attributing his death to Ojukwu is callous and a misrepresentation of the facts.
Ojukwu did not declare war on Nigeria, neither was he the first to launch an attack. Those two historical accolades belong to Gowon. Ojukwu declared independence and Gowon declared it an act of war. He (Gowon) went further to declare "a short surgical police action" to bring the separatists to heel.
However, the "short surgical police action", became protracted due to the resistance of the Igbos and ultimately became a war.
It is pertinent to note at this point that the Federal government brought the Igbos back into its fold, but to what purpose one may ask? Did they force the Igbos back to humiliate them or to work with them? This is the question they have been begging the Federal government to answer.
From all indications, the Igbos have achieved not because of any favour from the Federal govt but through self help.
There comes a time when one asks himself a question, what really do these people want ? What does Nigeria want from the Igbos?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by tuoyoojo(m): 8:02am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

It will set Igbos back forever.

In terms of sheer economics, secession is a suicidal move for Igbos.

Look at Air Peace. Chief Allen Onyema.

Simply by operating a fleet of aircraft WITHIN NIGERIAN AIRSPACE, he became the biggest airline in West Africa.

Now, based on those profits, he's expanding to New York, London, Dubai, Jamaica etc.

He's competing with Ethiopian Airlines for African dominance.

Could he have done this if he was a guy from Sierra Leone?

Or Congo?

Impossible. Where is the market in Sierra Leone or Congo to support such a heavy airline investment?

Even in Ghana. He couldn't. Those ones that only have one serious airport in the entire country.

Being NIGERIAN is a blessing for Igbos, Africa's most industrious ethnicity, with free access to the MARKET of NIGERIA, a country projected to become the 3rd most populous on Earth after India and China by 2050.

I mean, you're basically sitting on a goldmine here.

Igbos could easily become the richest ethnic group in Africa by being part of the Nigerian family.

INNOSON?

Without Nigeria, how can INNOSON grow to the next level?

Who will patronise them to reach that level? WHY?

Only NIGERIANS have a reason to buy INNOSON vehicles, today.

Without the Nigerian market, INNOSON might as well pack up and close shop.

I guarantee you right now, if you walk into the INNOSON CEO, Chief Innocent Chukwuma's office in Nnewi, and suggest the break-up of Nigeria, he will chase you out of his office.

You have raised some very important points.

I am not against secession but all regions must have a road map guiding it to its anticipated destination.

I am neither ibo or Yoruba neither am I from the north

I believe we should be matured enough to have a health intellectual discuss without recourse to abuses.

If points are raised, counteract them with superior argument

If the country should divide, I believe the west would be better for it became they have everything they need to succeed . working seaport, airports, mega industries, farm land and what not.

The middle belt would be able to succeed if they would be able to focus on agriculture and solid minerals mining and somehow overcome the over bearing powers of the north. But would would they send there excess food produce to.
Which African country would have access to what they have and what would be the mode of transportation.

The south south has the all might oyel and a few arable land for farming but with its moribund refineries , what can be done. Those modular refineries would not be able to cope with local demand let alone export. Then looking at the tribal diversity of the south south , no tribe would even think of allowing itself to be dominated by another. This would lead to constant fights among them selves

The north has vast amount of arable land but what is its use when there is not market of it

For the east, the OP had trashed that

So what is the solution

We need one another but the current situation is obviously not working and has to be redesigned

Feel free to educate me more in areas where u disagree with me and school me pls
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by jom28gy(m): 8:24am On May 02, 2021
You don't know what they mean
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by PoloG: 8:29am On May 02, 2021
Nigerian should divide and every countries should build a border wall like the Mexico own... and anybody that want to travel to the next country will need visa and permit to do anything grin
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by PoloG: 8:34am On May 02, 2021
The op is igbo. . But igbos here are shouting Yoruba up and down
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Acidiously: 9:06am On May 02, 2021
Fejoku:

Exactly. OP is a wasted hater pretending to be concerned about Igbos. It's only those who don't know him that takes anything he writes seriously.
Igbos want out and out we would be.
They don't know that two can play this game. In this psychological warfare on nairaland, we shall bully all of them to Oblivion. They want intelligent argument, that's the response we give them. Just look at the hatred filled garbage he wrote and still wants intelligent conversation. God punish everything about him

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Nobody: 9:36am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Can Igboland handle 20 million angry, hungry Igbo returnees with lost businesses and sources of income?

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

How will the Igbo states, currently reliant on monthly federal allocation from Abuja, replace that income, since no more oil money? (The Niger Delta would not be part of 'Biafra' of course)

Sell coal?

Igbo industrialists, manufacturers, businessmen, and traders are dependent on access to the Nigerian market - Africa's biggest by a long shot - for their continued progress and expansion.

A breakup of Nigeria destroys that access, as whatever nation(s) takes its place will raise protectionist measures to build up their own industries.

This is what you get when unintelligent person speaks.Sorry you found yourself in such condition

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:45am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

Sell coal?

if someone actually said this then the person doesn't really know how ibos are determined. If Nigeria eventually split, the ibos will develop their territory quicker compared to other tribes and FYI I am a yoruba lets put sentiments apart joor.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Zachsneider: 9:57am On May 02, 2021
Heyy,

Good Morning!, trust you had a great night?
Whenever you see this: just know you can get 10% off on all your orders from jumia when you use this code: APSTYLER.

you're welcome smiley
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Finewarriboy: 9:59am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

Sell coal?

We Niger Deltans nor go be part of Nigeria too... Go tell Buhari say na Finewarriboy talk am.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Stone03: 10:06am On May 02, 2021
Seeeker:
They won't go extinct but may regret their action if other regions try to teach them lessons.

I thought other regions like the North tried it recently by withdrawing their foods and lost heavily. You people haven't appreciated the relevance of Igbos in their host region.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Stone03: 10:10am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

Sell coal?

After the devastation of civil war and the economy-recking 20pounds wickedly given to our fathers irrespective of any amount they had in the bank during the war, the Igbos ended up producing the first millionaire in Nigeria that rose without government efforts.
So don't panic Sir

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:10am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

Sell coal?

I don't believe secession is the solution to our problems, but there are a lot of nonsense claims here. In the event of a schism, who says that all Igbos outside the SE would be deported? The assumption is based on what? That a negotiated separation can't be made that protects the interests of all lawful tax paying residents and property owners across the country? Is your contention that Nigerians are savages who can only act savagely? Who did you hear talking about deporting all Scots in UK territories when they had an independence referendum?

Secondly, who says that a separation means you have no access to markets? Is that how international trade and regional cooperation works? So Benin Republic have no access to Nigeria's market? This also ignores the fact a secession by the SE would most likely be part of a broader restructuring that sees other breakaway regions - including the SE, Niger Delta and Middle Belt and it would be in the interest of all parties to foster close trade relations.

Fear mongering about splitting a colonial contraption that even our founding fathers held in contempt seems a strange view for someone who fancies himself an afrocentrist.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Stone03: 10:12am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

True talk. But I just feel the urge to make them use some small sense. cool

Kill that urge please
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Olatomiwami(m): 10:12am On May 02, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Ewedu and Amala Economist has woken up from the IDP Camp in Benin republic.

I blame the op, he has forgotten most of Igbos are illiterates and miscreants, what do they know about economics? Is this kind of invective u will b seeing from people like u.
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by CSTRR: 10:13am On May 02, 2021
So Rossikke has worsened in his mental condition.

Too bad.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Olatomiwami(m): 10:14am On May 02, 2021
Doradorwa:
In a situation like this that consist mainly of decision making, there are stages and levels of decision control, just like the table of commerce. Most of the igbos on Nairaland belong to the retailer/final consumer in the decision table. They have no power to decide but they have the power to fight and bark....

Gbam!!! EOD
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by lastempero: 10:14am On May 02, 2021
My question to you op is if you have any solution to the problem of Nigeria as it stands now.
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by coronavirus19: 10:16am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

Sell coal?

cheesy mumu is trying to sound smart. Dont get me wrong, u do have a point but ur point doesn’t correlate with your claims of extinction. How did the Igbos survive after biafra They had absolutely nothing after the war and look at where they are today. They are one of the smartest and hardworking Nigerians both home and abroad. Over-ambitious and creative guys.
I am not Ibo so this isnt coming from a place of sentiment

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Stone03: 10:19am On May 02, 2021
ReubenE:
The way some people reason in this country calls for concern.

Contributing to a serious national discourse like the pros and cons of disintegration requires thoughtfulness, devoid of personal biases etc.

The above piece betrays all the parameters of sensible commentary

Powerful Oga, Your grammatical construction is next to none. I need to sit down with you for my brush up. Can you recommend any material for me?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by Olatomiwami(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

It will set Igbos back forever.

In terms of sheer economics, secession is a suicidal move for Igbos.

Look at Air Peace. Chief Allen Onyema.

Simply by operating a fleet of aircraft WITHIN NIGERIAN AIRSPACE, he became the biggest airline in West Africa.

Now, based on those profits, he's expanding to New York, London, Dubai, Jamaica etc.

He's competing with Ethiopian Airlines for African dominance.

Could he have done this if he was a guy from Sierra Leone?

Or Congo?

Impossible. Where is the market in Sierra Leone or Congo to support such a heavy airline investment?

Even in Ghana. He couldn't. Those ones that only have one serious airport in the entire country.

Being NIGERIAN is a blessing for Igbos, Africa's most industrious ethnicity, with free access to the MARKET of NIGERIA, a country projected to become the 3rd most populous on Earth after India and China by 2050.

I mean, you're basically sitting on a goldmine here.

Igbos could easily become the richest ethnic group in Africa by being part of the Nigerian family.

INNOSON?

Without Nigeria, how can INNOSON grow to the next level?

Who will patronise them to reach that level? WHY?

Only NIGERIANS have a reason to buy INNOSON vehicles, today.

Without the Nigerian market, INNOSON might as well pack up and close shop.

I guarantee you right now, if you walk into the INNOSON CEO, Chief Innocent Chukwuma's office in Nnewi, and suggest the break-up of Nigeria, he will chase you out of his office.

Uve said it all, but Igbos miscreants won't ever know this, I used to say it 1million x, igbos are going nowhere till I see their elites and biz men join the crusade(which will never happen) where is the market for Igbo products in Alaigbo? NK is just a wicked soul cashing out on innocent people.
Re: Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race! by gidgiddy: 10:28am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

Sell coal?

Igbos survived for thousands of years before the British came from Europe to West Africa to create the disaster called Nigeria. Igbos will survive when there is no Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Becomes Global Media Personality After Arrest - Pictures / What Is Wrong With This Picture? Is Tinubu ADC Right Or Wrong? / Accept Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Nwokocha From Senate – PDP Advises LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.