Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React (37519 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? / Anita & Jide: Man Who Earns ₦15m Asks His Fiancee Who Earns ₦42m To Quit Her Job / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Ferdinandu(m): 2:35am On May 10, 2021
Fresh graduate civil servant working in a State or federal Ministry in this country is between 50 to 60k, Most who have stayed upto 10yrs still have their salary below 100k. A civil servant is supposed to be in middle class in any country. I hope those girls have what it takes to import Men from Europe and America to marry, that is why they will be single Shiloh becomes their second home

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:44am On May 10, 2021
Ferdinandu:
Fresh graduate civil servant working in a State or federal Ministry in this country is between 50 to 60k, Most who have stayed upto 10yrs still have their salary below 100k. A civil servant is supposed to be in middle class in any country. I hope those girls have what it takes to import Men from Europe and America to marry, that is why they will be single Shiloh becomes their second home
Graduate(Bachelors Degree) Which One Be Fresh Graduate For Civil Service?!In Which Federal Ministry Exactly Sef....With The Minimum Wage Buhari Finally Added To All Federal Civil Servants Even Junior Civil Servants?!Which Level You Even Think Say Graduate Dey Take Enter The Federal Civil Service?!Some Of You Whenever You Want To Portray Something Bad,You Just Lie To Make It Look Really Bad,Why?!

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Ferdinandu(m): 2:56am On May 10, 2021
DemonInvoker:

Graduate(Bachelors Degree) In Which Federal Ministry Exactly....With The Minimum Wage Buhari Finally Added To All Federal Civil Servants Even Junior Civil Servants?!Which Level You Even Think Say Fresh Graduate Dey Take Enter The Federal Civil Service?!Some Of You Whenever You Want To Portray Something Bad,You Just Lie To Make It Look Really Bad,Why?!
Sorry for you, you are living in limbo. Maybe you are hustling, praying and fasting all night for government job to cure poverty then you are on a long thing. Except few juicy parastatal like NNPC, NCC etc then para military like FRSC. That I wrote there is what most civil servants earns in this country. If you see one living above that, he either have a side hustle or have a serious runs going on in his office. Nigeria is bad like that face the truth

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:59am On May 10, 2021
Ferdinandu:

Sorry for you, you are living in limbo. Maybe you are hustling, praying and fasting all night for government job to cure poverty then you are in a long thing. Except few juicy parastatal like NNPC, NCC etc then para military like FRSC. That I wrote there is what most civil servant earns in this country. If you see one living above that, he either have a side hustle or have a serious runs going on in his office
Lolzzzz,Guy Seems You Want To Disrespect Me grin Chairman Like Me,Infact Send Me Your Account Details...My Peace Of Mind Is Telling Me To Bless You With Nothing Less Than 10K Tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Onogiede(m): 3:06am On May 10, 2021
All I see on this writer is greed & unproductive attitude,..real women will remain best,. Kindly go & do home plan..

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Ferdinandu(m): 3:07am On May 10, 2021
DemonInvoker:
Lolzzzz,Guy Seems You Want To Disrespect Me grin Chairman Like Me,Infact Send Me Your Account Details...My Peace Of Mind Is Telling Me To Bless You With Nothing Less Than 10K Tomorrow.
Do I know you or your Networth but 10k is too poor
If you have upto a million to give out I will send my account no. I'm just educating you to face realities in Nigeria Man

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:13am On May 10, 2021
Ferdinandu:
Do I know you or your Networth but 10k is too poor
If you have upto a million to give out I will send my account no. I'm just educating you to face realities in Nigeria Man
That's Why It's An Online Forum..We All Learn A Thing Or Two Every Day...You Will Definitely Get To Meet People From All Walks Of Life If You Keep An Open Mind.
I Don't Have Millions To Throwaway Sir.

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Cutehector(m): 3:20am On May 10, 2021
brainmax2000:
naso u go talk till u marry now u begin saying my money is mine while urs is ours
no mind am..she dey find husband to marry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ema2020: 3:29am On May 10, 2021
eljayson:
Does love really conquer all? Including poverty?

This economy has opened the eyes of everyone to the importance of having money.

The price of everything has gone up and love no go work if money no enter.

Recently, a pastor said his wife married him in 2016 when he was making 60k monthly.

This made us go into the streets to ask people if they can brave it and still marry someone who makes 60k monthly.
See what they said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MT2EcoRGbY&t=6s

mynd44, Rocktation, farano
why men don't think of avoid bounds call marriage and use their hard earning 2 nourish them self instead of wasting it on
top of all this ungraful oloshos
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by aribs(m): 3:31am On May 10, 2021
Ferdinandu:

Sorry for you, you are living in limbo. Maybe you are hustling, praying and fasting all night for government job to cure poverty then you are on a long thing. Except few juicy parastatal like NNPC, NCC etc then para military like FRSC. That I wrote there is what most civil servants earns in this country. If you see one living above that, he either have a side hustle or have a serious runs going on in his office. Nigeria is bad like that face the truth
You are probably right you know. I started working as a state legal officer in one of the south western states in 2007 at about 60k and I know other civil servants were earning even much less than I was then. I knagine the increase in subsequent years may have bumped them up to around the 60k mark now
To the topic, if I earned 60k then in 2007( almost 15 years ago) and was unable to contemplate such, I wonder , with all the hyper inflation around, why anyone would want to do such damage to themselves in the name of marriage. Better to invest energy into upping that income to accommodate present day realities

5 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by zedegit: 3:49am On May 10, 2021
eljayson:
Does love really conquer all? Including poverty?

This economy has opened the eyes of everyone to the importance of having money.

The price of everything has gone up and love no go work if money no enter.

Recently, a pastor said his wife married him in 2016 when he was making 60k monthly.

This made us go into the streets to ask people if they can brave it and still marry someone who makes 60k monthly.
See what they said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MT2EcoRGbY&t=6s

mynd44, Rocktation, farano

Nonsense. Those earning even 30k are married and you are talking nonsense.

If one partner is earning 60k and the other partner is earning 40k . That's 100k. They will cope.

Not everyone lives in Abuja, Lagos and PortHarcourt.

Life doesn't end in those cities.

12 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by egeneemado: 3:54am On May 10, 2021
Why not I am a married man and I live haply with a salary of 33k

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by vickydevoka(m): 3:57am On May 10, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

If man dey earn 60k and the woman dey earn 40k, family income is still 60k.

Don't ask me why grin
Is a lie
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Figolouis: 3:57am On May 10, 2021
Truely! Things are very, very hard. It has been so rough since this government that promised us change came in to power, we never new it was this kind of change[color=#006600][/color].
But on marriage, even people who are not working are marrying, so 60K is still big for some to manage...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:01am On May 10, 2021
They will say yes for sure. But after marriage they will report him for being irresponsible angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Aucun(m): 4:04am On May 10, 2021
DemonInvoker:

Chairman, abeg!

remember ya BOY!

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Jeffy1206(m): 4:07am On May 10, 2021
What a stu... Question! sad angry must it be the man's money that will be calculated? Nansense!

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by class0247: 4:14am On May 10, 2021
Nancy225:
I can marry a man that earn that amount because I will definitely work to support him.

Please are you married? Do you stay in Lagos? Let’s connect
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by MummyD2020(f): 4:16am On May 10, 2021
CXLVII:

If you look at the bad side of the story, you wont make a move. I know some one you know who got married with 80k as at 2011. Today, he earns over 50 million per annum (After tax and excluding allowances) with that same wife, blessed with kids.

Be positive!

Hmmm, how many people will gave that kind luck? Be practical na!!!

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ultimateprof: 4:19am On May 10, 2021
While some are trying to settle down with whoever they see, money or no money, you people are here writing jiberish. Don't worry, When a lady time begins to ticket KWARAPU KWARAPU na that una eyes go clear!

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by luminouz(m): 4:25am On May 10, 2021
Nancy225:
I can marry a man that earn that amount because I will definitely work to support him.
Nancy nancy wink wink wink

How far na?
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by WoundedLamb: 4:31am On May 10, 2021
bercarray:
If not for the way things are been done, we've been made to believe that fathers pay every single bill in the house, getting married with 60k isn't bad, provided my wife will be working too, and also we'll be working towards increasing our income too along the line, because along the line responsibilities will come; kids, school fees and all. But as it is now that it's the men that will take care of everything, even if madam dey work, they will keep their money saying father should provide, don't even try to settle with that amount. But if it's both parties that are contributing I see nothing wrong in that.

You are right. But that works smoothly if men will also participate in running the home (chores, cooking, etc.). Insisting women should do all these simply suggests you're willing to take care of the financial part.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by shamsin6300(m): 4:31am On May 10, 2021
Nancy225:

God bless you.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by yetunsbay(m): 4:39am On May 10, 2021
Billyonaire666:
That can not even fuel generator for a month to power airconditioning. How will they survive with global warming?
avoid AC

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by CXLVII: 4:39am On May 10, 2021
MummyD2020:

Hmmm, how many people will gave that kind luck? Be practical na!!!

That Chapman mentioned never knew, his wife never did.

If I advice the wife not to marry him then, where will I stand today. I also never knew the future.

The future is not guaranteed, like wise today. You can only use analytical reasonings to predict tomorrow.

You feel me?
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by yetunsbay(m): 4:47am On May 10, 2021
DemonInvoker:
make I send the account for the money grin ?
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by BruncleZuma: 4:50am On May 10, 2021
Transportation alone don chop most of the 60k; this is a no-brainer. Don't do it.

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ecomalchemist(m): 4:53am On May 10, 2021
wahala
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by MotivationKG(m): 4:58am On May 10, 2021
It only becomes a problem when the wife brings nothing to the home to support the income of the man.

2 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by kalu61(m): 5:01am On May 10, 2021
egeneemado:
Why not I am a married man and I live haply with a salary of 33k
How do you do it?

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by zedegit: 5:05am On May 10, 2021
I like that last question: "What if you are rich and the man makes that kind of money?"

These women answering, " No" are not doing any better themselves.

They see marriage as a visa to a better financial life and ultimately monetary security guaranteed by the man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ThatFairGuy: 5:11am On May 10, 2021
NgadaAwo, issokay. Just now you followed, I've been given a month. Are you sure you are not lala himself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies / How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? / Lizzy Oke Curved Husband When He Asked Her Out Before Her Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.