Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Do You Support A North/South Referendum? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Support A North/South Referendum? (2392 Views)

Poll: Do You Support A North/south Referendum?

Yes: 87% (49 votes)
No: 12% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

USA Politician Supports Biafra Referendum / CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country / Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
All I need is a simple Yes [/b]or [b]No, to the question: Do you support a North/South Referendum?
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by Fhemmmy: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
i think would be nice to know what each want and expect from the other to have a great nation without killings and disrespect to other tribes.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
A peaceful dissolution of the nation would be best for Nigeria.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by seanet03: 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2011
Anything other North/West/east/SS is totally unacceptable.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by deor03(m): 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
yes
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by playmode(m): 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2011
I am glad people are starting to realize that is what we need.I am planning on building a website that will be dedicated to this referendum.The website may feature a mini forum where people can share ideas.I need your suggestions on what i should name the website e.g www.splitnigerianow.com e.t.c
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
This is what it needs to be discusses. And it is very peaceful. Let us hear from the people.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by NwaNimo1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
Yes

Problem is the North will 'Rig' the outcome of the vote with underage voters.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
Nwa_Nimo:

Yes

Separate votes should take place in the South and in the North. If the North wishes to stay in the union and the South doesn't, how can they stop us?
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by NwaNimo1(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

Separate votes should take place in the South and in the North. If the North wishes to stay in the union and the South doesn't, how can they stop us?

I am yet to come accross a 'Northerner' that wants Nigeria to split.

If the vote goes against them they resort to violence as we have seen.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 8:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Nwa_Nimo:

I am yet to come accross a 'Northerner' that wants Nigeria to split.

If the vote goes against them they resort to violence as we have seen.

But we would have legitimacy, because this is the view of the people of the south. How can they stop us, when we have international backing?

Northern Sudan had no power over the destiny of Southern Sudan.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by playmode(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2011
Nwa_Nimo:

Yes

They cannot rig because separate elections will be held in each region.Like someone said even if the north says they want a united Nigeria ,they can not stop a separation if the other regions do not want to be part of Nigeria.

Another issue i will like to speak about is the issue of border control.Many people on NL feel that if Nigeria splits , the new nations should have open borders and people should be allowed to move freely between the new countries.If we intend to have open borders after we split then it is pointless for us split.

I feel each nation should have strict border control.Igbos in Odua should be mandated to obtain resident permits before they can reside in ODUA. Odua should also issue computerized birth certificates and I.Ds which will contain a social security number to their citizens and keep a digital database of their citizens so that foreigners do not gain access to welfare programs e.t.c The other nation should also do the same otherwise violence will erupt if Igbos are enjoying benefits like government Housing,medical aid,welfare grant,free education which are meant for Odua citizens only.We should also do away with naturalization which means a biafra ,Arewa or Nd citizen will never become a naturalized citizen of Odua even he has resided in Odua for more than 50 years.The highest permit we should give to non citizens is a 5 year residence permit which must be renewed every 5 years.We must have an efficient immigration system to ensure that our citizens are protected and our country is not overrun by immigrants.It is because of good immigration services that the USA and the U.K are able to take care of their citizens properly.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
playmode:

They cannot rig because separate elections will be held in each region.Like someone said even if the north says they want a united Nigeria ,they can not stop a separation if the other regions do not want to be part of Nigeria.

Another issue i will like to speak about is the issue of border control.Many people on NL feel that if Nigeria splits , the new nations should have open borders and people should be allowed to move freely between the new countries.If we intend to have open borders after we split then it is pointless for us split.

I feel each nation should have strict border control.Igbos in Odua should be mandated to obtain resident permits before they can reside in ODUA. Odua should also issue computerized birth certificates and I.Ds which will contain a social security number to their citizens and keep a digital database of their citizens so that foreigners do not gain access to welfare programs e.t.c The other nation should also do the same otherwise violence will erupt if Igbos are enjoying benefits like government Housing,medical aid,welfare grant,free education which are meant for Odua citizens only.We should also do away with naturalization which means a biafra ,Arewa or Nd citizen will never become a naturalized citizen of Odua even he has resided in Odua for more than 50 years.The highest permit we should give to non citizens is a 5 year residence permit which must be renewed every 5 years.We must have an efficient immigration system to ensure that our citizens are protected and our country is not overrun by immigrants.It is because of good immigration services that the USA and the U.K are able to take care of their citizens properly.

What you are talking about is different from what I am talking about. I am simply talking about a North/South division. Anything else can be determined after the initial split.

You are talking about Odua, which is a non-issue at this moment, because the South needs to come to terms, that we need a split from the North. No one is talking about splitting up the South.

Therefore, I advise you to discuss [b]ONLY [/b]a North/South division which is the point of this thread.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by 1025: 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
@EZEUCHE,
i have said this to u before. the first military coup in nigeria was by the igbos and the northerners ended up enjoying more of the benefits of the coup. today, we have decided to disrupt the zoning system just to cheat the northerners but i foresee the northerners benefiting more from this madness at the end of the day when the power finally gets to them.
u can take ur useless referendum to the gulters because at the end of the day, one obasanjo or his igbo groups will be the ones to spoil it.jonathan is now an agent of distruption when it comes to the zoning system.
remember, i am from imo state.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2011
1025:

@EZEUCHE,
i have said this to u before. the first military coup in nigeria was by the igbos and the northerners ended up enjoying more of the benefits of the coup. today, we have decided to disrupt the zoning system just to cheat the northerners but i foresee the northerners benefiting more from this madness at the end of the day when the power finally gets to them.
u can take your useless referendum to the gulters because at the end of the day, one obasanjo or his igbo groups will be the ones to spoil it.jonathan is now an agent of distruption when it comes to the zoning system.
remember, i am from imo state.

A na m achi ochi.  grin

Well 80% + of people think otherwise so your opinion does not even matter. And I serious doubt you are even Igbo. Just another person portraying something you are not. The Ndigbo have always wanted a nation of our own. That is why many fought and died for that dream to become a reality.

BTW, if you are truly Igbo, what did I say?
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by Nadanbata: 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2011
@ 1025

LWKMD at any hope of a refrendum while PDP continue to RIG RIG RIG. Oya Let them dream on NairaLand, and Call Us Vampires, backwards bla bla bla, For the reality on the ground is a different story  grin  grin
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^^

Widespread consensus that there should be a North/South division. Seems like the people are in favor of a North/South divide. I can just imagine how the average Igbo, Yoruba, Edo, Ijaw, Ogoni, Ekoi, Ibibio, Urhobo etc feels about Northern Nigeria. I can assure you that there will not be any kind words.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by LeMolar: 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

All I need is a simple Yes [/b]or [b]No, to the question: Do you support a North/South Referendum?

I Think You Need To Grow Up What Do You Mean By  To Divide Nigeria Into South And North While Not Think How To Have You Own Country  IGbo People Living In Nigeria Are About 40 Million Population And Yoruba People Hate IGbo People With Big Passion
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2011
Le  Molar:

I Think You Need To Grow Up What Do You Mean By  To Divide Nigeria Into South And North While Not Think How To Have You Own Country  IGbo People Living In Nigeria Are About 40 Million Population And Yoruba People Hate IGbo People With Big Passion

Just a simple YES or NO. None of the other gibberish you wrote is needed.  undecided

If you have a problem with a referendum, then simply say NO. Is that hard for you to understand?
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by 1025: 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
Just a simple YES or NO. None of the other gibberish you wrote is needed. Undecided

If you have a problem with the poll, then simply say NO. Is that hard for you to understand?
@ezeuche,
why not take this senseless yes or no question to the kiddies avenue? how can a normal igboman quit nigeria to be with a yorubaman in a country? if you are normal, u shld be thinking why obasanjo in all his madness has never considered an igboman for president. the pdp under obasanjo has find it extremely difficult to survive with an igbo chairman.
my dear, i am from obowo lga of imo state.
nobody will believe anyother agreement of any form because the previous ones did not hold water.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2011

Ku pu ya! Ka anyi sua Igbo.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
Anyway, Nairaland is speaking. North/South referendum is what we need for Nigeria.

When one region of the country does not respect the lives of others, then of course people would want a referendum. If it can happen in Sudan of all places, then it can happen in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by LeMolar: 10:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

Just a simple YES or NO. None of the other gibberish you wrote is needed.  undecided

If you have a problem with a referendum, then simply say NO. Is that hard for you to understand? 
Yes We Agree That Nigeria Must Be Divided But Not Into 2 Country So You Have To STOP This Rubbish South/North Because An Average IGbo Person Will Never Agree With You To Be In The Same Country With Yoruba Fools After Suffering From Hausa/Fulani Trouble
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by EzeUche3(m): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^^

Over 80% of people think otherwise. The truth hurts doesn't it?
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by vladimiros: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
most southerners would say YES.

but problem is, what of christians and Igbo Business men in the north?
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by White007(m): 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2011
100% Yes!
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by AndreUweh(m): 11:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
seanet03:

Anything other North/West/east/SS is totally unacceptable.
How about the middlebelt?.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by ShangoThor(m): 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Que Sera Sera, Whatever will be will be.

I would support such a referendum definitively and whole heartedly.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by chuks2612: 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
yes--we need a north/south referendum so every tribe can come and decide their political future,including the middle belt
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by 2mch(m): 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
Le  Molar:

Yes We Agree That Nigeria Must Be Divided But Not Into 2 Country So You Have To STOP This Rubbish South/North Because  An Average IGbo Person Will Never Agree With You To Be In The Same Country With Yoruba Fools  After Suffering From Hausa/Fulani Trouble  

Sorry but what makes you think Yoruba's will want to stay in the same country as you? You must feel very exclusive and special. lol. Open a poll asking if Yoruba's want to be a part of your "south". I know you are shouting here because you dont want two master's in your South. You will like to colonize all the small SS people, who will run away from Yoruba or Igbo any way. So, they feel the same way about you. cheesy
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by chuks2612: 11:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
Re: Do You Support A North/South Referendum? by Digriz(m): 11:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
I wl suport dat bt i dnt think it gonna work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Rotimi Amaechi Dancing To His Favourite Song "PH 1st Son" / Geographic zone In Nigeria that Mostly indulge In Hard Drug Use / the 11 Remaining States Result For Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.