Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station (33800 Views)

How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver / Five Things You Should Know To Avoid Being Defrauded In A Nigerian Fuel Station / Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Stormyharper(m): 5:23am On May 07, 2021
zabimaru:

like I said earlier, don't take it personal, it's what they do on a Daily Basis. Next time just stand your ground and attract as much attention as you can, they'll comport.

PS: the manager knows all these and will take it out of their salary as he said but they'll recover the money tomorrow and the cycle continues.

Yes the manager is brain behind it. It is sad tbh

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by zabimaru: 5:35am On May 07, 2021
Stormyharper:
Why is that country fvck up? Why is it average nigerians can't wait to cheat you out of your money they can't wait to scammed others? How do these people sleep at night?

Imagine going to buy fuel and it ends up wrecking your day? Smh

It's not just fuel, it's almost in everything we do daily. I bought some (A lot)things from a mall only to discover that the attendant slightly increased the quantity of some of the items I bought and it reflected in the receipt/invoice.

This has happened to me 3 times and in every case, it was resolved amicably.
Might be coincidence but I really don't care, I just wouldn't consciously allow myself to be cheated afterall these are just the few times I bothered to check the receipt. Who can say for sure if I haven't been cheated a couple of times out of impatience, ignorance or neglect?

I have painstakingly learnt to not take these events personal cos it happens more frequently than one can imagine.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by femi4: 5:39am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:
How do they even pull it off? I was livid.

Asking me useless questions like I am a learner.

I m interested in the part that N3000 filled your tank. How mange
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by femi4: 5:43am On May 07, 2021
MejiLoyon:
E no go pass all those mumu upcoming filling stations.
I swear you deserve an award for what you did. I'm so happy that you were smart enough to detect and even punish the thieving mollusc.

I watch my distance covered before I fill my tank due to my accountability nature. I also do so in order to know if the consumption is malfunctioning. Anyway na habit. In this light everytime I want to fill I check,and fill it with 11000 worth and 1500 injector cleaner. Even the guy selling once he sees me he does it without asking. A day came I met someone else at the nozzle. Wetin concern me I just said put 11000 with injector cleaner. After sometime he said he was done. The indicator went a notch past half. Bros why na. This thing no full. The guy just started insulting me in Yoruba. Na question I ask na insult he bring. I was speaking English O. Trying to calm down na so the guy insult my mama join. Na there my control fuse blow. I just reverse block the "in" gate, parked, wound up my glasses, went to the guy and dealt him a resounding slap. That day they saw hell. Them beg me with fuel. Use keg carry am from pump go their gate top my fuel with hose I no still gree. That day for them be like Christmas. Them enjoy my weyrey. Omo since then na nnpc O. Unless when better owu blow me wey no cash na him I dey use others.

Pele poco. Use nnpc next time
Why you dey buy injector cleaner evey time you refill, na so your nozzle dirty reach
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Stormyharper(m): 5:55am On May 07, 2021
zabimaru:

It's not just fuel, it's almost in everything we do daily. I bought some (A lot)things from a mall only to discover that the attendant slightly increased the quantity of some of the items I bought and it reflected in the receipt/invoice.

This has happened to me 3 times and in every case, it was resolved amicably.
Might be coincidence but I really don't care, I just wouldn't consciously allow myself to be cheated afterall these are just the few times I bothered to check the receipt. Who can say for sure if I haven't been cheated a couple of times out of impatience, ignorance or neglect?

I have painstakingly learnt to not take these events personal cos it happens more frequently than one can imagine.

Na wa o. What is the way forward?

May God help us and the entire Nigerians. We moaned about corruption blamed the government but average Nigerians are corrupt just simple groceries till attendant is thinking of cheating you out of your money.

That cant be coincidence trust me... what i don't understand is people waking up in the morning & thinking of who to cheat or scam.

What is the way forward for Nigeria it can't continue like this

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by zabimaru: 6:17am On May 07, 2021
Stormyharper:

Na wa o. What is the way forward?

May God help us and the entire Nigerians. We moaned about corruption blamed the government but average Nigerians are corrupt just simple groceries till attendant is thinking of cheating you out of your money.

That cant be coincidence trust me... what i don't understand is people waking up in the morning & thinking of who to cheat or scam.

What is the way forward for Nigeria it can't continue like this

Lolz, it's the way it is. Some claim they do it for survival, some do it as a chronic habit and some do it for fun.
As for the government part, I am of the opinion that we get the government we deserve, it's still people like us that get appointed and elected, in the end the same people that fought the demons of corruption become greater demons themselves. Our strength as a country has become our greatest weakness - The ability to quickly adapt. We adapt too easily to anything everything and quickly too.

In the same gas station, when you make too much noise about this kind of thing, a fellow customer will come and tell you to calm down and forget the matter, some will even tell you to move your car that you are blocking them from buying fuel.
In that case you already know that if you choose not to patronize them again, 10more new people will show up to fill your space there.

In other words, the exception has become the norm and we have once again adapted

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by ChiefSosa(m): 6:27am On May 07, 2021
Stormyharper:

Na wa ooo it is well. What is the way forward cuz this one tire me
Bros na everybody taya. If I sabi the way forward you feel say I go loud am for public??
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by ChiefSosa(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2021
These are some places I go to and I put on this angry face. I frown so hard that you won't even want to waste my time 'cause I'll look 101% possessed. I do that not 'cause I enjoy to but, because that's the only way I'll get my way.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by pocohantas(f): 6:59am On May 07, 2021
femi4:
I m interested in the part that N3000 filled your tank. How mange

Maybe you didn’t read well. First I told him to put N2000 since he was claiming my fuel gauge is faulty. He did and it worked. He was still insisting he sold the previous 5k. Totaling 7k.

Then I asked him to go ahead and full the tank. If there was 7k worth of fuel, it wouldn’t be able to take much more. If not, it will take it all.

He stopped at about 3k that he isn’t selling again. 3k didn’t full the tank.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by pocohantas(f): 7:03am On May 07, 2021
zabimaru:

Lolz, it's the way it is. Some claim they do it for survival, some do it as a chronic habit and some do it for fun.
As for the government part, I am of the opinion that we get the government we deserve, it's still people like us that get appointed and elected, in the end the same people that fought the demons of corruption become greater demons themselves. Our strength as a country has become our greatest weakness - The ability to quickly adapt. We adapt too easily to anything everything and quickly too.

In the same gas station, when you make too much noise about this kind of thing, a fellow customer will come and tell you to calm down and forget the matter, some will even tell you to move your car that you are blocking them from buying fuel.
In that case you already know that if you choose not to patronize them again, 10more new people will show up to fill your space there

In other words, the exception has become the norm and we have once again adapted

You really know them. More reason I don’t regret my action. If you do the soft way, 10 other customers are impatiently waiting to buy theirs. Losing you is nothing to them, but I won’t lose my money and thank God I didn’t.

They didn’t even seem like people that were ready to sue or whatever I saw people insinuate here. They have probably seen worse and have provisions for such.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by zabimaru: 8:01am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:

You really know them. More reason I don’t regret my action. If you do the soft way, 10 other customers are impatiently waiting to buy theirs. Losing you is nothing to them, but I won’t lose my money and thank God I didn’t.

They didn’t even seem like people that were ready to sue or whatever I saw people insinuate here. They have probably seen worse and have provisions for such.
Sue ke? They experience this Daily!
I'm happy you stood your ground, it's not everyday you see a woman exhibit that kind of willpower

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by ecomalchemist(m): 8:23am On May 07, 2021
Stay sharp before dem maga you.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by SIRRITE: 8:26am On May 07, 2021
My guy that is a manager is a station told me that, is all done by a software installed in the fuel pump and is been control through an Android phone,

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Chirowman(m): 8:26am On May 07, 2021
Trouble oooo
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by kingthreat(m): 8:26am On May 07, 2021
Name of the fuel station and its location please. Report to DPR too

https://www.dpr.gov.ng
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by ivolt: 8:27am On May 07, 2021
Many filling stations attendants are crooks.
But you technically "robbed" the filling station of their POS.
If they take it up, you may end up in jail.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Nobody: 8:30am On May 07, 2021
Bad guy... you show them a bit of fast and furious. gbayi.. omo ope
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by AiiVee(m): 8:31am On May 07, 2021
You sef be Gangstar

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by pocohantas(f): 8:31am On May 07, 2021
ivolt:
Many filling stations attendants are crooks.
But you technically "robbed" the filling station of their POS.
If they take it up, you may end up in jail.

End up in jail indeed. Is that how people end up in jail? Then all the irate customers would be in jail by now. grin grin

They should go spend their money on court case, let NPF milk them very well. Last last, they will find way to go buy new POS.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Nobody: 8:31am On May 07, 2021
Back in the 90's when petrol stations began changing from analog to digital dispensers, people thought that the era of cheating at the dispensers was over. Well, looks like it ain't.

As for me, I stick with major makreters, and NNPC stations if I have time.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Leemekzy: 8:31am On May 07, 2021
Kondomatic:
Those guys blow air into tanks, I have no idea how they do it.
its not air. they adjust the meter. u see 5k on the meter but in the actual sense 3k was sold to you.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by ppogba: 8:32am On May 07, 2021
The fact is, no better pikin dey do attendant job!

The attendant that has not cheated you is just waiting for the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Olayetan(m): 8:34am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:
I have been hearing of this scenario that plays out in fuel stations, but I didn’t know my day is coming.

Let me enlighten you.

This is what they do, they will set/program the exact amount you want to buy but immediately you look away from the metre, they will put back the nozzle, once they do this without completing the exact amount they have programmed, the amount will be blinking on the metre that's to tell that they haven't reached the programmed amount on the metre.

But many customers don't know so once they tell you your fuel is complete, you look at the metre and see the amount blinking, to you, you assume its complete but its not.

Normally, once they programmed an amount, and they sell it completely, the amount its supposed to be stable on the metre and not blink.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by mustmust(m): 8:34am On May 07, 2021
E no go pass Pocohantas
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by BigDawsNet: 8:34am On May 07, 2021
You story is wonderful

But to make it better

Get your lawyer and report the case at the police station...

You can even sue and get damages

But if you don't...dey can track u with ccctv at the gas station and tag you as a tif

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by SlayerForever: 8:36am On May 07, 2021
If na me I for beat am ehn....see you dey talk yen yen yen. I for too beat am!!!!
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by mu2sa2: 8:36am On May 07, 2021
Remember always to check first that the pump is at 00.00 for both price and litre sold and, after sale, check again that the price and quantity sold align. Also, patronize only trusted stations - if in doubt or in a unfamiliar area, buy only where you see a lot of okada guys or commercial vehicles (they know the good guys and the bad).

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Administration1: 8:36am On May 07, 2021
I have a 2 litre shampoo bottle in my car, also I have always tried not to buy Petrol when in a hurry.
When I am ready to buy petrol, I tell the attendant, please put 400 nair fuel in this bottle my mechanic wants to use it to service my car door, once I see that the 400 naira fuel doesn't fill it, I just close my tank, give her 500 and movee.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Galadimabawa: 8:37am On May 07, 2021
Omo you are my hero today

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Stormyharper(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Bros na everybody taya. If I sabi the way forward you feel say I go loud am for public??

It is well bro, may God help us. My nephews and nieces are there; the last thing i want for them is to think stealing is normal or scamming is normal.

I know the government have really messed up big time even some of us have allowed religion and ethnicity to cloud our reasoning.

The hate, greed scamming fraud etc it is just so so sad. Just imagine going to buy fuel before you pick up your kids from school, then that horrible experience alone with fuel attendant just wrecked one's day. We cannot always blame the devil's or village people the change need to start within us it is leaving better Nigeria for next generation. I swear everything about Nigeria tire me.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Villagemeat: 8:40am On May 07, 2021
They is a sim card inside that POS terminal,it will be use to trace you. And you will spend more money for that act.
I strongly condemned your actions,bcs you after as a child

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019 Lamborghini Urus Unveiled - The World’s First Super Sport Utility Vehicle / Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner / Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.