Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station (33730 Views)

How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver / Five Things You Should Know To Avoid Being Defrauded In A Nigerian Fuel Station / Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by DeBiafran: 8:40am On May 07, 2021
My own na POS fraud o. I wanted to withdraw 10k, I asked the attendant to add the 200 charge together. I put my pin but after few seconds she told me put my pin again. I did thinking may be network was bad. When she was done, she gave me my slip and it read 10,200 withdrawn and I left with my 10k. As I entered my car I got a debit alert from my bank but it read 10,400 instead of 10,200. Omo, I no look am say na just 200, I rushed back there. Immediately I told her I got a debit alert of 10,400 she just handed me 200 without any question. I just look am dangerous eye and left

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by udomas(m): 8:41am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:
I have been hearing of this scenario that plays out in fuel stations, but I didn’t know my day is coming.

@Op, you be my guy. Na you fit that country called naija and their smartness always directed to things of less value.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Nobody: 8:41am On May 07, 2021
You see that forte oil filling station at bank road off ikoyi road. Fear those guys.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by toprealman: 8:41am On May 07, 2021
And when you hear about them calling politicians names, you will think they are saints.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Havertz10: 8:42am On May 07, 2021
Stories

That pos machine na her madam own cheesy
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Ten06(m): 8:42am On May 07, 2021
Every crook in this country need a James Bond like you to know that they don't have the monopoly of criminality

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by tunwumi: 8:43am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:
I have been hearing of this scenario that plays out in fuel stations, but I didn’t know my day is coming.

You must insist to start the running of the pump from zero. Most time they sell to Okada or kegs and add it to your bill. Just tell them you won't pay for what you don't see.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Havertz10: 8:43am On May 07, 2021
DeBiafran:
My own na POS fraud o. I wanted to withdraw 10k, I asked the attendant to add the 200 charge together. I put my pin but after few seconds she told me put my pin again. I did thinking may be network was bad. When she was done, she gave me my slip and it read 10,200 withdrawn and I left with my 10k. As I entered my car I got a debit alert from my bank but it read 10,400 instead of 10,200. Omo, I no look am say na just 200, I rushed back there. Immediately I told her I got a debit alert of 10,400 she just handed me 200 without any question. I just look am dangerous eye and left
she will do it to more people, most people don't check things like that, they usually ignore such alerts after reading the first figures

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:44am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:
How do they even pull it off? I was livid.

Asking me useless questions like I am a learner.

Going by the few scenes you painted you'll be a tough fighter. Keep it up. No one likes cheating

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by pocohantas(f): 8:45am On May 07, 2021
tojahh:
Don't buy fuel at NNPC palmgroove

I nearly killed 2 persons there in 2019.

Lmao! People don’t understand how painful it is till they experience it. 5k no reach to cause fight on a good day, but the thing still pain me sha.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by vickydevoka(m): 8:46am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:

Pocochant, may be de no no say u na iron Lady.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by xcuggsm(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2021
uboma:
What is the name of the Petrol station?
IF YOU LIVE IN ANAMBRA NEVER BUY FUEL FROM NNPC FILLING STATION, AWKA The pump attendants are all thieves and scammers and their management backs them up.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by BlueAir: 8:51am On May 07, 2021
smiley I really love positive fire and confidence in a woman. Ur man's lucky. As for that fuel man, he knows what he did. Now you have his POS and to free urself from the table turning against you in anyway. Go straight to the nearest police station close to the filling station and lay ur case cos eventually things will still get rough on this matter and you'll really need to stand ur ground so just make sure you are the one that starts the rough journey involving the police... With the company's pos taken, they have a case but you can avert that by reaching the police to interfer in the matter
pocohantas:

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by vickydevoka(m): 8:52am On May 07, 2021
Poorboy:
You for no move your car there, you go enter problem.

If they had followed you and said you stole their pos machine, street boys seeing you with the pos when you're caught might burn you alive inside that car.

Now you can't prove that he didn't sell 5k fuel to you because you left with your car from their fuel station.

If them carry you go Court you go serve jail term for your mistakes or pay heavy damages they will claim.

Next time apply wisdom, everything in life no be gragra

Na woman that's y. The world respect women

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by pocohantas(f): 8:54am On May 07, 2021
BlueAir:
smiley I really love positive fire and confidence in a woman. Ur man's lucky. As for that fuel man, he knows what he did. Now you have his POS and to free urself from the table turning against you in anyway. Go straight to the nearest police station close to the filling station and lay ur case cos eventually things will still get rough on this matter and you'll really need to stand ur ground so just make sure you are the one that starts the rough journey involving the police... With the company's pos taken, they have a case but you can avert that by reaching the police to interfer in the matter

I don’t have their POS anymore. I gave them their POS machine and they gave me my fuel. I also recorded the conversation and took pictures I didn’t share here or anywhere else.

If the need for evidences arise, then we go that way.

vickydevoka:

Na woman that's y. The world respect women

The world doesn’t respect women, definitely not in Nigeria.

He is very lucky it wasn’t a man. He wouldn’t dare ask a man those stupid questions or give that attitude and if he had tried it, he would be lucky not to get a blow in his face.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by BlueAir: 8:59am On May 07, 2021
grin since the POS is returned and you've been compensated,you guys have no case again.. grin you can drive in there anything with a smirk on ur face grin..
pocohantas:

I don’t have their POS anymore. I gave them their POS machine and they gave me my fuel. I also recorded the conversation and took pictures I didn’t share here or anywhere else.

If the need for evidences arise, then we go that way.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by tellwisdom: 9:05am On May 07, 2021
This one na weyrey o! shocked

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Greystone: 9:07am On May 07, 2021
[.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by pocohantas(f): 9:08am On May 07, 2021
BlueAir:
grin since the POS is returned and you've been compensated,you guys have no case again.. grin you can drive in there anything with a smirk on ur face grin..

Never planned going back there, except I just want to be troublesome.

One was busy crying and swearing. That she can never do such, if she does, let her die. Naso. All the one wey we curse Buhari, e done die? Mtcheeew!

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Kondomatic(m): 9:09am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:

The world doesn’t respect women, definitely not in Nigeria. .

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:11am On May 07, 2021
Pocohantas, you no tell me say you be Agbero oh. cheesy

I may need to take some gangsterism lessons from you. grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by pocohantas(f): 9:11am On May 07, 2021
Greystone:

It happened to me too some months ago.
Bought 5k fuel on a quarter tank of fuel.

Turned on my car. Was expecting the fuel guage to automatically read 3/4 tank full but nothing. I drove for about 5 minutes.

No change.

I just smiled to myself.

I went to another gas station and bought the same amount. This time it registered when I started my car.

I didn't go back to the filling station that scammed me because;
- Fuel is a consumable, I have no proof they didnt put anything in my tank
-5k isn't worth me shouting and losing my cool
- they lost a customer
-I learned a valuable lesson

For a second I wanted to let it slide for the same reasons you gave. Even when I went back, I would have let it slide, but he started giving me attitude and capping for me. Asking me questions like I started driving today or borrowed the car. I got pissed off.

Nigerians are used to walking away and leaving things to God, that is why service providers do us anyhow.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by InvertedHammer: 9:13am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:

/
Poco the gangster!

Which cult you belong to in university?

/

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by JenniferEkubo(f): 9:13am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:

lol that's how they act.. Thieving bastards..lol.. babe , come and do give away for me , ur girl broke die
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by pocohantas(f): 9:14am On May 07, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
Pocohantas, you no tell me say you be Agbero oh. cheesy

I may need to take some gangsterism lessons from you. grin

He didn’t even see my actions coming. He mistook my phonetics and small voice for stupidity.

As a woman driving in Nigeria, you need to be ready for all possible scenarios. I have been driving since forever, na Nigerian men turn me to agbero for road.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by NoToPile: 9:16am On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:

I told him I am not normal o. All the while we were arguing my eyes was looking for something of value. The second I saw the POS machine, I grabbed it and made for my car. He is mad!

I didn’t look at the name. It was random. Looked fine and that was it. The fact that there weren’t many public transport there should have told me something was wrong. grin

The bolded is the key, I know all the filling stations I can buy from along my route, when I take public transport I note the filling stations those public transporters enter, those few ones are the one I buy from.
The one that shocked me is on NNPC station they all avoid saying 'meter won o complete' they would rather buy from one rickety filling station opposite it ahh ' meter won pe daada' afterall nobi fancy station we won chop, na fuel we wan buy.

No public transporter buying, I no dey branch.

Those public transporters know it all when it come to filling stations mata.

You get mind sha to pull that stunt, how they blow air is what I can't understand.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by sorepco(m): 9:17am On May 07, 2021
Yeah they do it intentionally. About 10yrs ago i was travelling from lagos to the east. We branched off into a filling station to refill near the border with Ogun state. Some just bought fuel n was leaving when we came on. This attendant just continued from the last customer's account ....guess the amount on the pump? 56.000 naira!
No body was aware except me. I started complaining vigously. The other passengers were surprised n even the driver was dumbfounded but kept quiet! Argued with the attendant for 15 minutes and after all said n done he restarted filling us up from zero!
Something that was already reading 56k?

Fear those attendants...the driver sha bought me a plate of food n a bottle of beerswhen we got to ore though!

pocohantas:

So he did it intentionally? Alright then.

How do I know when they didn’t reset it?

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Kolaboluv7(m): 9:17am On May 07, 2021
You did the right thing joor.. nobody be mumu again.

Our mumu don do.
Buhari is next.. we move

God bless you

The gods has spoken

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by BlueAir: 9:18am On May 07, 2021
grin you really showed them hell.
pocohantas:

Never planned going back there, except I just want to be troublesome.

One was busy crying and swearing. That she can never do such, if she does, let her die. Naso. All the one wey we curse Buhari, e done die? Mtcheeew!
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by sorepco(m): 9:19am On May 07, 2021
Even if they reset they can cheat u by pumping air into ur tank n e go de read for metet...

olamide0147:

Yes he did it intentional so anytime you buying fuel always tell the attendant to reset pump
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by NoToPile: 9:23am On May 07, 2021
oseiwe:
This is Nigeria, seems you guys have not used 30ltrs to fill a 25ltrs gallon. embarassed

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Naija I hail
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station by Myahaya31(m): 9:23am On May 07, 2021
Na so dem dey do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Horror In Benue: Trailer Crushes 8 Students To Death In Otukpa (photos) / Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models / Innoson Motors Unveils IVM FOX (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.