Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Is This A Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This A Scam? (60946 Views)

Ias Is A Scam / Hostcom: Is The F.g. Charging Youths To Train Them Or Is This A Scam? / Pls Guys Is This Job Invitation A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 08, 2021
MikeMicheal:
The same person who wrote that, also wrote the new one.
He should keep fooling himself.

It struck me as weird

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by babaneenoni(m): 10:45pm On May 08, 2021
Ask for d company Name then u Google of make full research on it

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by justcallmenuel(m): 10:46pm On May 08, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders
A friend of mine,we attended same sec school for six years, we attended same university and lived in same lodge back then.

After graduation we parted ways . He just called me last night that he got contact in Ivory coast so he travelled to ivory coast .

He is now working for a company(Gold quest international)there and things are easy their. He said he would want me to join him since I am still struggling in 9ja. One of our mate in sec school is also there with him too .

He said he paid 500k for training & certification to the company.
That the company will give u one month training b4 u resume
work. That the company pays $1000 dollars to workers every tuesday as the company is owned by Whites from Hong Kong .

According to him the company makes jewel rings & other things.
Please I want to know if anybody has an idea of these.

This can be of help to someone out there too
That’s a huge scam bro. He’s suffering over there and is looking for someone he knows that will suffer with him. Saying outta experience!

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by sinola(m): 10:47pm On May 08, 2021
dosage150:

I so much doubted it
But I never knew this guy I trusted so much would like to scam me

Nigeria economic situation can make even pope change to something else.
Do you know what you will do... Tell him that in the spirit of your age long friendship, let him pay the money for you and immediately you receive your first salary, you will pay him the money x2 and see his reaction.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by I888(m): 10:49pm On May 08, 2021
dosage150:

I so much doubted it
someone I knew from this same nairaland almost led me to $4M scam... trust no one and IF you are not in control of whatever anyone is proposing, you are at risk of falling victim.

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Spin4: 10:50pm On May 08, 2021
Same way an ex- colleague told me of Swiss Gold, and how he earns 150k as a beginner in Togo. Imagine telling me to pay 245k for accommodation in Togo, and gold worth some good cash.
He is obviously trying to scam you!

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 08, 2021
Hmm thats how i meet a woman on facebook last week her name is scott rose , she send me a friend request and i accepted she told dat she will like to have a vidio chat with me i told her dat am using a common techno phone my phone does not support it dem she said if she sends me a laptop & iphone 11 max would i accept it i told her yeah then she send me a receipt my name writing on it and phone number she said i'm to used it to recieve the item sinces shes in uk so she would send it through british air way down to nigeria to cut the story i just heard my phone ringing today with a new number i recieve the call and heard one guy telling me that am i so so so then i said yes he told me that the items send to me by scott rose is already with them getting to 3 days now then i said ok where will i meet them he told me that i must pay 25k for them to send me the goods i said ok without insulting and cut the phone he's now sending me an account no name as :- mebine felix 2739909139 as his acc no pls beware of scam

7 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Cnach: 10:54pm On May 08, 2021
Are u still asking if it is a scam?

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by honor4me: 10:56pm On May 08, 2021
Inbox me. I have people in Cotedvoire to help you verify

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by ashantitope: 10:59pm On May 08, 2021
Bros I don't need to lie to u is a big scam!!!
If u didn't believe me tell him to send y the company name and address and Google it and read more about the company and check there review and come and thank me later or since he have been working there for so long and he have got paid let him borrow u money to go for the training

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by officialJP(m): 11:12pm On May 08, 2021
the same thing my childhood friend is telling me, is own is Benin republic

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Chris2863(m): 11:16pm On May 08, 2021
rowland545:
That is how chymall is scamming my dad...still don't know wat is going on with them
Them scammed me too oo. Stories here and there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by emmyking1(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2021
I have a guy here in Lagos, he's currently undergoing their stwepid training on sales of magic ring, pendants and wristwatch at ogba,.... The main truth is your friend might not know the company are not genuine , cus mine also has been begging me to join them with 300k so I can make millions in Months to come cheesy cheesy... Though I did my best by advising him to pull out cus it's all gonna be a loss at the end, plus Time wasted and all dat, buh all efforts went down the drain cool cool, am waiting to mock his destiny when him eye finally clear

Jejely Google about the company for more clarification, it completely SCAM am 101% sure

Gracias.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by 9japride(m): 11:22pm On May 08, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders
A friend of mine,we attended same sec school for six years, we attended same university and lived in same lodge back then.

After graduation we parted ways . He just called me last night that he got contact in Ivory coast so he travelled to ivory coast .

He is now working for a company(Gold quest international)there and things are easy their. He said he would want me to join him since I am still struggling in 9ja. One of our mate in sec school is also there with him too .

work. That the company pays $1000 dollars to workers every tuesday as the company is owned by Whites from Hong Kong .

[color=#006600][/color]

Have it in the back of your mind that situations change people personality overtime. A church girl/boy might turn out to be a devil incarnate over time. Be careful, anything that's too good might be scam .

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 08, 2021
dosage150:
...He said he paid 500k for training & certification to the company...
...That the company pays $1000 dollars to workers every tuesday...

You believe a company that pays $1000/month will ask you to pay 500k for training? Guy, reason am o.

BTW, Ivory Coast is worse than Nigeria. Believe me, we may insult Nigeria but our country remains a top destination for other Africans including Ivoriens.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by sureteeboy(m): 11:27pm On May 08, 2021
SUPERPACK:
It is a pyramid scam and that your friend is a criminal. Go through the thread below for people that has fallen victim before; https://www.nairaland.com/5311168/move-worth-it
Evil Nigerians everywhere.
Looking at both threads, the handwriting looks exactly the same. Even the typographical errors appear in this new thread as well. Could the OP be the same person who created this other thread you referenced?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by sureteeboy(m): 11:32pm On May 08, 2021
Skipperrabiu:
Hmm thats how i meet a woman on facebook last week her name is scott rose , she send me a friend request and i accepted she told dat she will like to have a vidio chat with me i told her dat am using a common techno phone my phone does not support it dem she said if she sends me a laptop & iphone 11 max would i accept it i told her yeah then she send me a receipt my name writing on it and phone number she said i'm to used it to recieve the item sinces shes in uk so she would send it through british air way down to nigeria to cut the story i just heard my phone ringing today with a new number i recieve the call and heard one guy telling me that am i so so so then i said yes he told me that the items send to me by scott rose is already with them getting to 3 days now then i said ok where will i meet them he told me that i must pay 25k for them to send me the goods i said ok without insulting and cut the phone he's now sending me an account no name as :- mebine felix 2739909139 as his acc no pls beware of scam
The person you chatted with is the same person who called you on phone. He probably hacked a Facebook account to chat with you in the first instance. Thieves everywhere. Which Facebook friend sends laptop and iPhone to a total stranger? Doesn't she have friends and relatives who need the iPhone? grin angry grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Samietbig: 11:33pm On May 08, 2021
Op even you sef look like scam grin

Same words of the op

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by Princeokwuego1(m): 11:38pm On May 08, 2021
dosage150:

I so much doubted it
because he knows you trust him so he want to take advantage of it..don't trust anybody again even yourself

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 08, 2021
This one Don pass SCAM ! grin grin grin

$1000 P/Week not even in White House grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 08, 2021
masterP042:
I had to log in to make this comment. A friend of mine also told me the same thing, but this time he said he was in Burkina Faso. And he's trying to invite me over.. Thank goodness I came accross this thread.. Bro, I think it's a scam. Since the two countries didn't collaborate

Burki what smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 08, 2021
2kurupt:
People from Hongkong are not whites na undecided

Cheap, outdated scam

To the average Nigerian, everything that isn't black is automatically "white".

Very ignorant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by Kingdavid579(m): 11:58pm On May 08, 2021
You need more likes and followers

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Tbasicme: 12:06am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders

This is a 100 percent scam. Just run away from it and never look back. Don't ask me why oh. I hope you will understand and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Asj001: 12:10am On May 09, 2021
The OP just form story for us. Na him ask the same question for 2019 with another moniker. https://www.nairaland.com/5311168/move-worth-it#80439375. Just dey create story to drive traffic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by EmperorTolson: 12:12am On May 09, 2021
SUPERPACK:
It is a pyramid scam and that your friend is a criminal. Go through the thread below for people that has fallen victim before; https://www.nairaland.com/5311168/move-worth-it
Evil Nigerians everywhere.
The op himself is a scam because he's looking for cheap comment.
My reasons
1. Op write up and the write up in dis thread are the same word to word with little changes (https://www.nairaland.com/5311168/move-worth-it) - a reasonable person will know that it was copied. Then, he acted as if he hasn't seen the thread b4.
2. I'll conclude that he doesn't have any friend anywhere. And nobody is trying to scam him. He's just a copy cat.
Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by Ojediran57(m): 12:12am On May 09, 2021
Don't fall victim, there are a lot guys like that here. There is no such here na sales man you will come and for do for here. Your guy dey at Reno in adjame market

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Bus2: 12:12am On May 09, 2021
It's obvious the OP is a scammer claiming someone wants to scam him. Question is what does he stand to gain and who pushed this to FP ?

Nairaland itself has become a scam.

MikeMicheal:
The same person who wrote that, also wrote the new one.
He should keep fooling himself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by bikefab(m): 12:25am On May 09, 2021
Flee!! It is a simple scam. This format never dies, but the story line changes from time to time. He is not your course mate, he got your number from somewhere, perhaps a public forum. The said course mate with him is his partner in crime. Beware!. Ignore this at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by brightalo1010: 12:28am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders

1000% scam, asin I can swear with everything I got because I well aware of the format, they wanted to chop one of my guy with this same yeye format and na his old school mate too, trust no one at all base on such things. That 500k na there first bill don't ever fall for this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by Jerewise332(m): 12:31am On May 09, 2021
Nowadays, I don't know why people trying to scam people via job offers and co. It happened to me this week, I'm currently in school and can't remember seeking for jobs while in school. One early morning strange call entered my phone and I picked, what shocked me was the fact that he mentioned my real name and I began to wonder where he got my name and my number. He was like telling me that the factory I was actually applying for work is calling me for interview. Shooo me applied for work
Where?
He gave me one address like that, he said the moment I get to the place someone will come and pick me up to the factory. My brother I didn't wait for someone to tell me to runnnnnnnnnn oooh

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Cousin9999: 12:34am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:

[img]https://media./images/ff617b7e51cdd38826cb51878546c8be/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

First Bank Strategic Recruitment / When I Was Filling Fidelity Bank Recruitment Form Online See Wat I Saw / Federal Civil Service Recruitment List Of Shortlisted Candidates Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.