Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

Is This A Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This A Scam? (62280 Views)

Hostcom: Is The F.g. Charging Youths To Train Them Or Is This A Scam? / Pls Guys Is This Job Invitation A Scam / Interview Invite A Scam Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Scam? by brightalo1010: 12:35am On May 09, 2021
punisha:
Ancient scam.

Try contacting the old friend of yours, u will be shocked to find out that u have been talking with an impostor.

No it can still be the same old friend who believes that if snake no swallow fellow snake it will not grow bigger. Most of my old friends has tried such stupid things on me but I am too smart and a logical person to fall for such sweet promises.

How can a company in Abidjan pay you over million naira every month, no logical person can fall for that.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by brightalo1010: 12:45am On May 09, 2021
fof1:

What are You talking.? U have drawn Conclusions already with out Confirming it,Pls? Be very Careful but Believe until it is otherwise proven to be not,Pls.
just shutup mumu, what is he confirming again, a company in Abidjan is paying over a million naira monthly? So 1yr na over 12 million naira abi? You sure say no be you threw the yeye format or you are working with the person.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by GodisFirst: 1:08am On May 09, 2021
Since he makes $1000 weekly, just tell him that you are ready to join him, but he should please send you $4000 to settle your debts and other commitments here in Nigeria before going to Ivory coast and that you will pay him back as soon as you come to Ivory coast and start making money.
If he is a true friend and is really willing to help but not to scam you, and knowing fully well that you will make the money when you arrive Ivory coast, he will send the money to you, but if he fails, then know that he Izuu is a scam himself.
Note that you can get mining companies that pay as much as that, but it is a very risky and tedious job. But why asking you to pay that much before getting the job?

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by GistFullGround: 1:09am On May 09, 2021

Company's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/GOLD-QUEST-international-company-Abidjan-Branch-111778240269792/?ref=py_c
Web Page: N/A

Tel: +225(0)3408796 (Someone suggested the number on Google. It means Google could not verify it)

Côte d'Ivoire's Police Number: Police 111 or 0225111 (Just in case)

Make sure you inform the Nigerian Embassy of your mission, before you get there & when leaving the country (VERY IMPORTANT)

Go there with at least 2 male friends and find out yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by nurex01(m): 1:22am On May 09, 2021
SUPERPACK:
It is a pyramid scam and that your friend is a criminal. Go through the thread below for people that has fallen victim before; https://www.nairaland.com/5311168/move-worth-it
Evil Nigerians everywhere.
credit to you Boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A Scam? by captainking(m): 1:34am On May 09, 2021
seyz91:
you are right!

it looks too good to be true to me, what company pays workers $1000 every tuesdays? hmmmm weekly payment that is

lies from the pit of hell

run fo lr your life nigga
As in eh.. And yet he has to pay some funds when he gets there.. Easy to spot scammers

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:49am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:

I so much doubted it
But I never knew this guy I trusted so much would like to scam me
That's how life is bro. Tell him to gerrout.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Kobicove(m): 2:03am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:

I so much doubted it

Those days of trusting Nigerians 100% are gone for good!

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by zedegit: 2:04am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders
A friend of mine,we attended same sec school for six years, we attended same university and lived in same lodge back then.

After graduation we parted ways . He just called me last night that he got contact in Ivory coast so he travelled to ivory coast .

He is now working for a company(Gold quest international)there and things are easy their. He said he would want me to join him since I am still struggling in 9ja. One of our mate in sec school is also there with him too .

He said he paid 500k for training & certification to the company.
That the company will give u one month training b4 u resume
work. That the company pays $1000 dollars to workers every tuesday as the company is owned by Whites from Hong Kong .

According to him the company makes jewel rings & other things.
Please I want to know if anybody has an idea of these.

This can be of help to someone out there too

That's a dumb format and you will be dumber to swallow it.

No company will take money from you to train you to work for them.

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by NUHUUSMAN(m): 2:11am On May 09, 2021
You can find out if is scam by asking him to finance your trip as well as some little money to take care of yr house before thinks get normal with you. His action or reaction will help you out.
Re: Is This A Scam? by Puwakwe001: 2:26am On May 09, 2021
Bro na scam, his not the real person, stop thinking is the one guy, someone did the same thing to me after my service pls don't fall for it
Re: Is This A Scam? by calcal: 2:39am On May 09, 2021
Affinity fraud, run!

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Ndipe(m): 2:40am On May 09, 2021
Did you ask a similar question several years ago here, https://www.nairaland.com/5311168/move-worth-it?

dosage150:
Please nairalanders
A friend of mine,we attended same sec school for six years, we attended same university and lived in same lodge back then.

After graduation we parted ways . He just called me last night that he got contact in Ivory coast so he travelled to ivory coast .

He is now working for a company(Gold quest international)there and things are easy their. He said he would want me to join him since I am still struggling in 9ja. One of our mate in sec school is also there with him too .

work. That the company pays $1000 dollars to workers every tuesday as the company is owned by Whites from Hong Kong .

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 4:08am On May 09, 2021
sureteeboy:

The person you chatted with is the same person who called you on phone. He probably hacked a Facebook account to chat with you in the first instance. Thieves everywhere. Which Facebook friend sends laptop and iPhone to a total stranger? Doesn't she have friends and relatives who need the iPhone? grin angry grin grin grin
na god save me sha

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Roysnickz: 4:16am On May 09, 2021
Sunisonflex39:
Experts in the house... What do you have to say.

For your daily income, visit my signature.. You will thank me latter
the link is not going through

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 4:23am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders

No responsible company will ask their staff to pay money for training.

That is the red light and I can authoritatively tell you that it is a scam.

A supposed company that pays $4000 monthly, won't ask their staffs to pay #500k for training.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Yinkagbo(m): 4:23am On May 09, 2021
Real scam....l will assume the guy is just playing with you.
Let me share my experience with you.i went to alagbon police station for clearance,I did everything,and I collected the clearance. I didn't exchange my phone number with any one oooo..as I enter bus na so my phone rang ,I checked it,it was one useless USA number ..I said hello ,the person at the otherside said its me from USA can't you recognise my voice...thou I have friends in usa but they will send me message on Facebook before calling me..
Just send him message talk sense into his head and finally curse him.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 4:27am On May 09, 2021
iamadonis2:

Isn’t it weird that this past mirrors the one on your line word for word?

I’m suspecting OP

Just seeing this. OP is the scammer grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by otipoju(m): 4:33am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders

Google the company's name- to know if they exist

Go to the company's website- read about their locations

Go to Payscale.com and identify the salary for the position you are being offered.

Get their numbers and call them if they have such trainings and how much.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by colestephan86: 4:49am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders

lies lies lies

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by mmsen: 5:08am On May 09, 2021
Blatant scam.
Re: Is This A Scam? by mcayomind: 5:11am On May 09, 2021
One guy I know to teeth fell for the scam in 2019, those of his are calling him everyday that there was a job readying for him in France, likewise the op's, they are two.... He sold his landed property that he has laboured to build to window level, sell of some of his propertys, he give out the remaining one, before he realised he's been scammed all along.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Dbarrzx: 5:27am On May 09, 2021
Anything that looks too good to true, its not true. Scam detection!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Angelacruz: 5:28am On May 09, 2021
D job is a big scam,u cant pay money to work in any company
dosage150:

Nairaland has been saving souls
what I do,I get confirmation from this forum
no matter what it is,you will see experieced people here

thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by kinibd(m): 5:39am On May 09, 2021
Lol my thoughts exactly, bunch of clowns on nairaland these days I don’t seem to understand, like this one weak me as I see the other thread that looked exactly the same

EmperorTolson:

The op himself is a scam because he's looking for cheap comment.
My reasons
1. Op write up and the write up in dis thread are the same word to word with little changes (https://www.nairaland.com/5311168/move-worth-it) - a reasonable person will know that it was copied. Then, he acted as if he hasn't seen the thread b4.
2. I'll conclude that he doesn't have any friend anywhere. And nobody is trying to scam him. He's just a copy cat.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by tradepunter: 6:36am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders

Hahaha humans are Soo stupid I swear... Why don't you use the 500k you intend giving out to run a business or something like conduct a training?

Trust humans at your peril, because you both attended the same secondary school he's now white as snow and void of any thing that will cause him to carry out crime.

Guy use your head

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Emmerlee(m): 6:37am On May 09, 2021
It might not be your friend but an impostor. This is a very old scam. That he sounds like your friend does not mean it's him.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Trustedpronet: 6:47am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:

God!
E no go better for Izuu
you are right
he knows how hard things seems to be for me now, but still want to scam me, the heart of man is really evil

I don't know how some of you response to issues when your instinct already told you its a scam. Hense your friend is earning $1k every Tuesday....just tell him to loan 500k and you'll be ready to pay him double when your own cash start rolling in. Afterall a friend in need is a friend in deeds

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by chukwudiology(m): 6:53am On May 09, 2021
Ask him for video and pictures evidence showing where he works and how he relates with the environment

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by idiagbo86(m): 7:00am On May 09, 2021
This is new scope guys use to scam people . Wen u get there they will make u call other guys who can believe u and pay same amount to travel there. Wen the person gets there they pay u ur commission and the chain continues . Its a scam and syndicate used to trick people into paying for travel while they get commissions. I know who has been through same thing and they are so foolish as what they charge is same 500k for every country. They use Benin,ivory coast,togo,Ghana, etc. Don't listen to them pls .

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? by Euegene100001: 7:02am On May 09, 2021
Trust one
dosage150:

I so much doubted it

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by Comedian2019: 7:07am On May 09, 2021
dosage150:
Please nairalanders

Scam
If your is making such amount of money, he will never call you. Nobody will allow his friend to know his source of wealth.
Don't fall for it. It's obvious. It's a scam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered / Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? / Nnpc Graduate Trainee Pay Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.