Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter (28199 Views)

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? / Khafi Kareem: I Was Raped. Why I Didn't Report My Rapist / How To Report To Nigerian Army, Cases Of Misbehavior, Abuse By Military Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by ntyce(m): 6:03am On May 10, 2021
Report him but don't do so directly...
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Lexusgs430: 6:03am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
So I discovered that my landlord bypassed his meter because our light git spoilt and I was trying to fix it. This is the same man that you cannot owe light bill. I had a disagreement with him so he already gave me quit notice. So now that I know that all the money I have ever paid him has been pocketed I want to report him but my friend said it's not necessary that I am already leaving the house. I'm I totally wrong

Grass him to NEPA..... Do me, I do you...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by dododawa1: 6:04am On May 10, 2021
No patronised person again in Nigeria,see what everybody saying.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by ceaser: 6:04am On May 10, 2021
He appears to be a stingy individual. A shylock and he has added dishonesty to it. He is a bag of antisocial things. You looking away may be like conspiring with him. But you need to check your inner man and conscience if you would still have decided to report him if you both were not enstranged or if you were not already quoting the house.

If you're sure your reaction will be to still report his wrongdoing irrespective of whether you both are friends or not, then by all means report him to the authorities.

Qoko:
100% support for you, don’t report in your area, make sure you go to IKEDC and ensure you see the manager, give him/her all the details and never let him know you’re from the house.

Follow this method. Or try doing it in some anonymous manner.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by ecomalchemist(m): 6:05am On May 10, 2021
Uno get money you dey call police, me I dey laugh you gan ni
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by yommen: 6:06am On May 10, 2021
marveangel:
Under bridge dy hungry you abi

Which kind under-bridge nonsense? He is a tenant and not a squatter. Based on him, he pays his bills. See, people like you are the reason why Nigeria might never change. Discouraging someone who is doing the right thing?

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:06am On May 10, 2021
U be mumu?

How many things are right in this country?

Roads bad, no water, etc.

If the country is standard, then u can report him.

With bad road, stupid road safety wil arrest person for wornout tyres. Instead of arresting government for bad road

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Toosure70: 6:08am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
So I discovered that my landlord bypassed his meter because our light git spoilt and I was trying to fix it. This is the same man that you cannot owe light bill. I had a disagreement with him so he already gave me quit notice. So now that I know that all the money I have ever paid him has been pocketed I want to report him but my friend said it's not necessary that I am already leaving the house. I'm I totally wrong
mumu and bad Belle dey worry you, you're reporting him because he ask for your light gbese.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Qoko: 6:10am On May 10, 2021
100% support for you, don’t report in your area, make sure you go to IKEDC and ensure you see the manager, give him/her all the details and never let him know you’re from the house.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by DivineDynamics: 6:10am On May 10, 2021
Let us make our ways right with the Lord Jesus.

Have a nice day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by DenreleDave(m): 6:12am On May 10, 2021
Abeg report the useless man
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by ifeanyi317(m): 6:15am On May 10, 2021
If na under ikedc report and get share for money recovered
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:19am On May 10, 2021
Qoko:

Who wil arrest ikedc for the wicked flat rates they ve being charging?

Who wil arrest them for the free metres they are selling?

Who wil arrest them for not charging their personal homes and their girlfriend compounds?

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by D1zion: 6:20am On May 10, 2021
Is either you do it codedly or do it via proxy,if he's not aware that you know about it.but I think is best you report him.

to eradicate cheating & corruption it has to start from the grass root.not from the top.report him.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Cutehector(m): 6:22am On May 10, 2021
Pipe low nigga. Pipe low. Fly wey dey follow shit wey dey smell go enter grave.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Lanretoye(m): 6:23am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
small time now you go say na village people dey do you...whistle blower for nothing
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by oguns222: 6:26am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:

You should report him, but with evidence
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Xbee007(m): 6:28am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
Report him, he is seriously short-changing the electricity distribution companies.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by purpinkx(m): 6:30am On May 10, 2021
Move out first, then report him 4-6 months later.

When you get to their office, ask to place an anonymous tip.

Make sure that while you're still living in the house you always smile with your landlord.

Nobody, even God, won't suspect you when you do!

You're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by roqrules04(m): 6:31am On May 10, 2021
I'm I totally wrong??

@OP what is the meaning of this?
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by sisisioge: 6:32am On May 10, 2021
You can do it....they call it whistleblowing. Wait until you completely leave, then get the account number of your meter and call the customer service line to report . All they will need is the account number, address and the description of the issue. You dont have to tell them your name. Good luck.

He is one of the reasons they kept increasing the tariff as they kept running at a loss. They are redistributing the money he isn't paying on us.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Invitationn: 6:33am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
Bro I recommend you report him.
It's the right thing to do.
On a second thought, the Power companies ain't serious about these leakages.
If they can't invest in technology to detect the leaks they should at least be able to compensate people like you who report leaks to them.
But no! They want people to do it for free.
Since this is personal, if reporting him makes you happy, go on!
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Ebuka78: 6:34am On May 10, 2021
See many of them on FP advocating evil, later they say Buhari is evil.

Buhari is better than all those miscreants on FP. He is never the problem, but we Nigerians are.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by sizer07: 6:34am On May 10, 2021
Report the greedy bastard. Mine did the same thing. Was busy chopping our money. Now nepa had discovered and cut the light plugging us in darkness. Useless Lanlady now has the infantry to ask us to pay for the crime we know nothing about.selfshish and weaked people worst than killer Fulani herds men everywhere

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by maasoap(m): 6:34am On May 10, 2021
Fragility6:
Na just 5k bribe dem go use know who snitch n wen dem know,u see dat ur front teeth,dem go comot 4. Mind ur modaf*cking bizness for God's sake. Awon discovery channel

Laugh Wan Kil Me. The same DISCOs that are reaping us off!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by sinkhole: 6:35am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
if you can DM me and send the full details of the situation, I will forward the same report to your electricity company and you will never be traced!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by tmoneyu: 6:35am On May 10, 2021
You will be the greatest fool of all time ,reporting him when all the sectors is not working ,pack your thing and leave ,let posterity judge him ....
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by SmartPolician: 6:38am On May 10, 2021
sammymax

You should only report him when you have left his house. Don't do it if you are still living there. Juju is real!
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by maasoap(m): 6:38am On May 10, 2021
ybalogs:
The fact that he's been collecting electricity bills from you without remittance is enough for him to be reported. It's just that these PHCN people do not deserve any form of pity also but he should at least vomit what he has eaten from his innocent tenants.

You do have a valid point.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Jinjinkoku: 6:39am On May 10, 2021
Just follow this advice jejely. Don't forget that your plan to report is sincerely borne out of resentment not patriotism. It may back fire on you and you'll spend money and generate a long time enmity. Stay outta trouble baba.

iammo:
cool

In Nigeria, always learn to avoid trouble as trouble wahala and gobe are very very expensive

It's right to report Theft of Electricity and Utility services as a patriotic Nigerian.. but always remember that whatever can lead to altercation which can snow ball to Hospital or Police Station just avoid it

Least bail is 10k in most police station, least deposit a Clinic would receive before treating you is about 10k also... So avoid any wahala if you don't have Atleast 50 k to spare

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by MrCuteking(m): 6:39am On May 10, 2021
Something must kill a man grin
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by sinola(m): 6:40am On May 10, 2021
Guy, you better mind your business and start making plans to pack out of that compound cos I can forsee doom at the end.
Reporting your landlord is a double edged sword. If you know you will know�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Illicit Drug Supplier To Bandits Arrested With Dangerous Injections In Katsina / Ambrose Alli University Graduate Stabbed To Death By Phone Snatchers (Photos) / Florence Enwerim Onyegbu, Convicted Nigerian Woman, Extradited To U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.