Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members (34124 Views)

"Buy Land”, Bishop Oyedepo Tells His Congregants (Video) / Faith Oyedepo Tells Ladies Not To Dress Like Grandmas While Looking For Husband / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by AdakaBoro8(m): 1:57pm On May 10, 2021
AsabaPropertyAg:
I think Christian Association of Nigeria should talk to all Pastors claiming to be God, Please C.A.N should call Bishop Oyedepo and other pastors to order, FG should arrest of all them for preaching to the congregation not take Covid-19 Vaccine. Nothing will happen and heaven will not fall if FG arrest of them.

i hate nigerian pastors bcux they are crooks..

but now, how is people not taking that vaccine affect u? are we sick to take that satanic vaccine? u can take ur evil vaccine no one stop u.. stop talking rubbish like oyedepo.
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by obailala(m): 2:05pm On May 10, 2021
jesmond3945:
is not about the vaccine bro. Is about the great reset. Do you know Israel is preparing another lockdown? Seychelles is already on lockdown. These are countries with 90 percent vaccinations
Israel it was reported is preparing to lift the final lockdown restrictions for good; where did you get this info from that they preparing for another lockdown?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by timota(m): 2:09pm On May 10, 2021
teejay167:

Even In 2019 bishop David Oyedepo INDIRECTLY warned Nigerians not to vote for this present administration but majority of you here on nairaland rained abuses and insults on him. HERE WE TRULY ARE AS A NATION
He even warned against voting this administration in 2015 but a lot of people neglected his advise ,here we are today,

who has ear should hear

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by kmaster007: 2:13pm On May 10, 2021
Adeboye
Kingsuave:
Come oyedepo, who's your Daddy? grin
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Tdotbluejays: 2:31pm On May 10, 2021
ECHICHE:
I
The ongoing Covid-19 vaccine is a measure put in place by W. H. O to defeat the pandemic. I also learnt that the Pope has been vaccinated, including Presidents of powerful nations of the world.

It is worthy to note that the Covid-19 vaccination is a pre-condition for international travels, and without it entry wouldn't be granted at the destination airport & seaport.
Trump and his family were part of those that allowed conspiracy theories to spread, yet he and his family took the vaccines.

As per the vaccine passport, this is not new. I remember back in 2012, I was made to obtain a yellow card proving vaccination for yellow fever before I could board a flight to Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Tdotbluejays: 2:39pm On May 10, 2021
jesmond3945:
is not about the vaccine bro. Is about the great reset. Do you know Israel is preparing another lockdown? Seychelles is already on lockdown. These are countries with 90 percent vaccinations
The Israel one is a lie and no country is at 90% vaccination.

As per sychelles:

Huang noted that other nations that had vaccinated large proportions of their populations, including Israel and Britain, had seen significant drops in new daily cases.

Sherin Francis, chief executive of the Seychelles tourism board, said that while much of the population was vaccinated, there were pockets that were not.

Government data released this week found that of 1,068 active cases, around 65 percent involved residents who were either completely unvaccinated or had received only one dose.

Roughly 60 per cent of the doses administered in Seychelles are vaccines made by the Chinese company Sinopharm that were donated to the Seychelles by the United Arab Emirates. The remaining doses are of the vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and produced by the Serum Institute of India. In many ways, Seychelles government negotiations for vaccine supplies were savvy and speedy. But the country has ended up using two vaccines that appear to be less effective against symptomatic covid-19.

The World Health Organization had recently estimated the efficiency of the Sinopharm vaccine at just over 78 percent for adults under 60, with little data on its success with older patients.

The UAE has asked some who received the Sinopharm vaccine to return for third doses, citing low immune responses, though officials said only a “very small number” need to do so.

Meanwhile, U.S. trials of AstraZeneca have found that the vaccine is 79 percent effective overall. Both vaccines are considerably lower in effectiveness than the vaccines developed by Pfizer and Moderna, which use mRNA technology and have reported effectiveness rates of around 95 percent.

Jennifer Huang Bouey, an epidemiologist who works with the Rand Corp., estimated that given what was known about the Seychelles’ vaccine rollout and the vaccines used, less than 49 percent of the population could be assumed to have immunity conferred by vaccines.

After almost a year of strict border controls, the Seychelles announced early this year that it was opening back up to tourists beginning 25 March. The government said there would be no quarantine requirements and that visitors would not need to be vaccinated.

*Culled from the Guardian on the 10th of May, 2021*

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by alowonle02(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2021
Nigeria's pastors are the root problem of this country. Imagine what this fool telling his congregation. It's high time Nigeria president arrested any pastor saying inconsequential talks in the church.
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Tdotbluejays: 2:54pm On May 10, 2021
And how much is this anointing oil. The oil probably cures other diseases too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by jesmond3945: 2:56pm On May 10, 2021
obailala:
Israel it was reported is preparing to lift the final lockdown restrictions for good; where did you get this info from that they preparing for another lockdown?
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/305595
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by temitope27(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2021
abatically:

I'm eager to know when hundreds of millions of Americans that have taken the vaccine will die
you want them die before?
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Tdotbluejays: 3:08pm On May 10, 2021
jesmond3945:
The "Source". An unidentified person.

Who is the expert (source) in this news article by a right wing media house?

I will take this article with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Skseries: 3:10pm On May 10, 2021
what happens to free will? is he talking based on his own believe? i thought his role was to enlighten and allow ppl make their own inform decision. lol vaccine wey himself go still take unless if he isnt going to travel abroad one day. we go just dey deceive ourselves sha. and when he will take he wont come back and say guys have taken mine o. is he saying his children or grand children didn't take or are not taking the polio vaccine. lol African spiritual leaders sha.
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Tdotbluejays: 3:11pm On May 10, 2021
Skseries:
what happens to free will? is he talking based on his own believe? i thought his role was to enlighten and allow ppl make their own inform decision. lol vaccine wey himself go still take unless if he isnt going to travel abroad one day. we go just dey deceive ourselves sha. and when he will take he wont come back and say guys have taken mine o. is he saying his children or grand children didn't take or are not taking the polio vaccine. lol African spiritual leaders sha.
That is if he has not already secretly taken the vaccine.

That was how Trump was forming voltron for his supporters, unknown to the supporters, Baba had secretly taken the vaccine way back in January.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by KnownUnknown: 3:14pm On May 10, 2021
ECHICHE:
I wonder why Africans should be more wiser than the white men that brought civilization and Christianity.

Your statement is an example of mental enslavement to your conquerors, which portends perpetual subjugation. They lie to you that they brought civilization and that they did you a favor by giving you Christianity, and you believe them and maintain a low opinion of yourself.

How did they bring civilization? Before they invaded and subjugated your people by force, the interaction between the groups was trade. How did they trade with your people if your people weren’t civilized?

How civilized are people who instituted chattel slavery and enriched themselves beyond all measure?

Some blame lay with myopic African leaders during those times, but pray tell, who was more civilized between Leopold of Belgium with his rapacious violence towards the Congolese people, and a Congolese Chieftain who tried to protect Congolese people by appealing to Leopold’s humanity?

As for Christianity. They stole your physical labor, stripped you of your dignity when possible, demonized your ideals, and then gave you a God made in their own image. And you say thank you!

The only reason they appear wiser is because you think yourself foolish. Funny enough, the foolishness thrives on Christianity and Christianity thrives on foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by RaptorX: 3:20pm On May 10, 2021
Tdotbluejays:

That is if he has not already secretly taken the vaccine.

That was how Trump was forming voltron for his supporters, unknown to the supporters, Baba had secretly taken the vaccine way back in January grin
How do you really know if Trump took the vaccine apart from a news report that said he did. There was no video evidence of him and Melania taking any covid vaccine.
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Sammyimpostor: 3:22pm On May 10, 2021
bepositive11:
Illiterate. Does he even know how vaccines work? Didn't he take vaccines as a baby?

Vaccines are the only way to end this pandemic. Covid will just keep mutating. As long as people refuse to take vaccines, this pandemic won't come to an end.

See what's happening in India. Most countries with low vaccination rates are seeing a rise in cases - the third wave. In countries with high vaccination rates, cases are falling.

And how many people have taken the vaccine in Nigeria, we have the lowest vaccination rate, did people die like India?? Use your brain please
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Tdotbluejays: 3:33pm On May 10, 2021
RaptorX:
How do you really know if Trump took the vaccine apart from a news report that said he did. There was no video evidence of him and Melania taking any covid vaccine.
He did not dispute taking that vaccine. He confirmed that he got it.

Same way he claimed the virus wasn't deadly and compared it to a common cold, but in secret told Bob Woodward that it was indeed deadly.

He is now encouraging his supporters to get vaccinated after the news leaked. Damage control.

He was avoiding a meltdown by magats as shown in the case of his daughter.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by obailala(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2021
jesmond3945:
jesmond3945:
But there's a condition attached to this news report you posted, a condition that hasn't been met, and may never be met.

A large population of Israelis have received the vaccines and it appears to be working very well for them. The Israeli govt is currently on the verge of lifting the last bits of lockdown restrictions and things have almost fully returned to normal.

With Israelis now going about their normal businesses, organising large parties without care, the minister in that report is only warning that a vaccine resistant version of the virus may enter Israel soon, and IF that happens, they will be forced to fully lockdown again. This isn't the same thing as saying "Israel is preparing another lockdown".

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by omohayek: 3:39pm On May 10, 2021
jesmond3945:
The highlighted bit is an outright lie. Israel is actually dropping remaining lockdown measures, now that case counts have plummeted to extremely low levels.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/coronavirus-in-israel-17-new-cases-on-saturday-667644

As for your claim about the Seychelles, that too is mostly misleading. Here are Seychelles officials indicating that 80% of those who caught Covid were unvaccinated.

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/14799/Official+COVID+situation+in+Seychelles+is+manageable

If you want to ignorantly endanger your own life because some money-grubbing religious huckster like Oyedepo is spewing nonsense into your ears, go ahead, but don't spread lies that put other people needlessly at risk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by siazubuike: 4:04pm On May 10, 2021
*OYEDEPO VS COVID-19 VACCINE: WHERE DOES THE LAW STAND?*

Matters of faith and reason are often on parallel lines. But we must not entirely disregard the suspicions fueled by faith, because the days are evil... Covid-19 Vaccine appears to be on the threshold of such dispute, but time will reveal and clarify all things like it always do.

https://stephenlegal.ng/oyedepo-vs-covid-19-vaccine-where-does-the-law-stand/

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by dragunov: 4:14pm On May 10, 2021
ChoiceArukwe:
Don’t take COVID-19 vaccination, Oyedepo tells Winners worshippers

https://punchng.com/dont-take-covid-19-vaccination-oyedepo-tells-winners-worshippers/?amp

Wo, brother Oyedepo why is your bone of contention at this critical time about covid 19 vaccine? If Nigeria implodes do you think all your empire will stand? You are less concerned, abi? Because you maa don plot escape route with your family, abi? Billions of dollars don de rest abi? God go catch you. Very soon.
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Ruggman: 4:27pm On May 10, 2021
kponkedenge:
Over a third of the American population has taken it..... More than a million Brits have also taken it.... As well as millions all around the world.... I don't see any of them dying or complaining about a chip you guys told us about before the vaccine was developed.

I haven't been vaccinated though and it's not because I'm afraid to be.... But just because I don't want to be.... So enough with the fear mongering.
Are you American or British ? , Does it mean they cannot suffer a desease that we are naturally immunned to?
Why must Africans be subjected to the whimps and caprices of the colonialist white ? , Why the inferiority complex ? Bro why why why ?
Thank you Bishop Oyedepo , Oyakilome and co.
God bless we blacks and help us to free ourselves from colonial mentality and mental slavery in Jesus name
America said this , Europe said that are they God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:32pm On May 10, 2021
I argued with my friend true true .... i didn't know it made headline... let me observe... hmmmmm!!
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by aujile(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2021
odiomachi:
I wonder why Africans should be more wiser than the white men that
brought civilization and Christianity.
It has been proven over and over, the whites just want you to believe otherwise thereby not making use of your brain. Like that they will remain above you.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by RALPHOW(m): 4:46pm On May 10, 2021
Who will take the nonsense vaccine!!!
Unconfirmed after effect!!!
Your eyes will open, when Bill Gates comes up with side effects and also inform you that it will cost a drug of 20k for remedy.
Use your brain!!

Why can't our Virology Professors develop for us.
Must we take everything oyinbo gives us like mumu?
Africans are too gullible, if oyinbo bottle urine for them, they will drink it.
Oyedepo is right.
Nigerian youths are lazy and gullible, many of them never made attempt to listen to the message before comments.
I listened and discovered that Oyedepo only educated his members that nobody have the right to force any vaccine on them, he said anyone that is interested among the members are free to take it.
They never make attempt to produce vaccine for malaria, but covid 19.
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by oguns222: 4:52pm On May 10, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

It does protect from infection....but it does not protect you from carrying the virus to spread to others

Also, a minority of vaccinated people fall sick...but not as severely as the vaccinated.

If you don't want the vaccine, though, don't take it.

You clearly don't know about this vaccine.

It doesn't protect you against infection. You will still need to wear face mask even among others who are already inflected.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by boyjo: 5:29pm On May 10, 2021
ChoiceArukwe:
Don’t take COVID-19 vaccination, Oyedepo tells Winners worshippers

https://punchng.com/dont-take-covid-19-vaccination-oyedepo-tells-winners-worshippers/?amp
Okay, I think this is the Church I am supposed to be attending.

All these other Churches pushing mask-wearing, you don't know that the Carbon dioxide they keep breathing out and breathing back in is not good for their health?
Thank you man of GOD. The Church is a covid free zone.
Please also enlighten your members about zombie attack.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by oguns222: 5:35pm On May 10, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Total rubbish! What kinda ignorant mentality is this? grin next time you fall sick don't seek medical help. Just use your big head that is if your head would cure your illness.. grin grin I have taken the vaccine! If you don't wanna take the vaccine that is your own problem but don't go about yarning dust about what you don't know.

Mr idiot, have you asked your head why covid-19 vaccine doesn't stop you from getting the virus? grin

Oh. I forgot you don't have a head. Sorry for asking. grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Richthekid: 5:52pm On May 10, 2021
Fake pastors everywhere
Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by sonymax16(m): 6:09pm On May 10, 2021
oguns222:

Mr idiot, have you asked your head why covid-19 vaccine doesn't stop you from getting the virus? grin

Are u minding him.So many people cannot use their brain.A vaccine that does not protect u from a virus,is that one a vaccine? Why are they told to still wear mask and maintain social distancing after taking the vaccine? Some people will be here forming educated baboons.I so pity those that have already been vaccinated.You will go and explain to Baba God why u refuse to have sense.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members by Calitoscassius(m): 6:22pm On May 10, 2021
oguns222:

big head who told you the vaccines stops people from getting covid? grin

Your big head is really empty, as i ve told you stop yarning dust about what you know nothing about. Go read about the vaccines. Fool!! I ve taken the vaccine. Go jump off the brigde! Your life is not more important than 40 million brits and and over 50 miilion Americans who have taken the vaccine. You are afraid of death? Maybe you are planning to live forever. grin grin fools like you die everyday out of ignorance. You are not a scientist or a doctor. But you know more about covid vaccine. grin grin just by using your big head.

The vaccine would not even reach your village let alone. Not even enough for people who wants it.

Even with your big head you are still letting a crook called oledepo to decide for you if to take the vaccine or not. Your big empty head still cannot think for itself. grin grin

Just to prove how dumb you are, assuming they want to force you to take the vaccine. Tell me what would you do? run and hide under your mama's bed? grin when they come with the military. I will leave your big head to ponder on that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: If An Engaged Couple Have Sex, It Is Not FORNICATION! / Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian / 100 Keys On How To Remain Poor By Dr. DK Olukoya – Written Sermon

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.