Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery - Islam for Muslims (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (50846 Views)

Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastry / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
skak: @ Alexis

Is bible really a words of God? If yes, then why is there a variation between different versions of bibles. Bible versions shows that they are really not the same. Some leave out entire verses, others disagree on whether Jesus should be called God's servant or God's Son.

How do you decide which is completely correct And which is not
why there is insertion and deletion in words of God. And why is there a brackets/parenthesis in the words of God
Why is alweys a complict between king james version and New international version

For example, the followings have many variation, deletion and insertion between KING JAMES BIBLE NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION

Why did Jesus come to earth

Luke 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village. KJV

Luke 9:56 and they went to another village. NIV

Matt. 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. KJV

Matt. 18:11 (missing) NIV

Is repentance important

Matt. 9:13 ...I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. KJV

Matt. 9:13 ...I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. NIV

For whom did Jesus die

I Cor. 5:7 ...Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: KJV

I Cor. 5:7 ...Christ, our Passover lamb, has been
sacrificed. NIV

In Whom must you believe to be saved

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that
believeth on me hath everlasting life. KJV

John 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has
everlasting life. NIV

Was Joseph really the father of Jesus

Luke 2:33 And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him. KJV

Luke 2:33 The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about him. NIV

Did Jesus give His disciples power to heal

Mark 3:15 ...power to heal sickness, and to cast out devils. KJV

Mark 3:15 ...authority to drive out demons. NIV

If it's hard to do, should we just remove it

Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your
trespasses. KJV

Mark 11:26 (missing) NIV

Who is in charge

I Cor. 10:28 ...for the earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof: KJV

I Cor. 10:28 (last part of verse missing) NIV

How must we deal with our enemies

Matt. 5:44 ...Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. KJV

Matt. 5:44 ...Love your enemies and pray for those
who persecute you. NIV

Where did Jesus go

John 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father. KJV

John 16:16 In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me. NIV

This is what is referred to as a 'REAL CONTRADICTION'.

Wouldn't it be fair if you choose only one verse like I did from the Quran and we tackle it? Also, I asked you to verify a claim you made earlier reading it is the US government that is responsible for blowing up the twin towers as a cover up to invade the Middle East. I am still waiting for that answer?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
@alexis

In keeping
with Jewish custom, the
betrothal would have taken place when she was around 12, and the birth of Jesus about a year later.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_(mother_of_Jesus)

-- Joseph, Mary's
husband, was "90 years old"
when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary!

Joseph was a much older
man. therefore Mary was
younger than 11-14 years of
age when she was
"BETHROED" to Joseph. We
Muslims would never call
Joseph a Child Molester, nor
would we refer to the "Holy
Ghost" of the Bible, that
"Impregnated" Mary as a
"Rapist" or "Adulterer".

According to the Priest of
Saint Mary's Catholic Church:
"Mary was approximately 14
years old when she got
pregnant with Jesus. Joseph,
Mary's Husband is believed to
be around 36. Mary was only
13 when she married Joseph.
When she first was arranged
with Joseph she was between
7 to 9 years old."

According to the "Oxford
Dictionary Bible"
commentary, Mary (peace be
upon her) was was 12 years
old when she became
impregnated.
www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37462

The whole thing about age 3 is a technicality's technicality. Withregards to certain laws, activity below the age of 3 does not affect her halachic status (for instance, a woman still has the halachic full status of "virginity" no matter what happened to her before age 3). [Lawyers' note: any sort of child abuse is halachically, legally, and morallywrong, and will be punished by G-d and state.] Sexual relations can only change her halachic status starting with age 3; hence, if a father agreed to marry off his young daughter byrelations (violating two Talmudic taboos, above), the minimum age at which such an act would take effect would be 3 THE JEW LAW(TALMUD) ALLOW MEN MARRYING A 3YR OLD BABY shocked shocked shocked
http://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/4751/apologetics-for-marriage-at-3-years-old

Common to all wedding ceremonies is the concept of transitioning between childhood and adulthood. In many African cultures children are encouraged to marry as young as 13 to 15 years of age, assoon as they have reached physical adulthood.
http://www.worldweddingtraditions.com/locations/african_traditions.html

Child marriage and child betrothal customs occur in various times and places, wherebychildren are given in matrimony - before marriageable age as defined by the commentator and often before puberty. Today suchcustoms are fairly widespread in parts of Africa , Asia , Oceania and South America : in former times it occurred also in Europe. It is frequently associated with arranged marriage . In some casesonly one marriage-partner is a child, usually the female, due to importance placed upon female virginity , the perceived inability of women to work for money and towomen's shorter reproductive liferelative to men's. An increase in the advocacy of human rights , whether as women's rights or as children's rights , has caused traditions of child marriage to decrease in many areas. In 2011, The Elders formed Girls Not Brides, a global partnership of more than 190 non-governmentalorganisations committed to addressing child marriage.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

I think this links are enough for you to know that it is a culture thing in the old time...even in America and Europe it happens before...so you cant judge the arabs nor jews for child marriage cuz it their culture even here in africa

So what are you(we) saying?

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
alexis:

Wouldn't it be fair if you choose only one verse like I did from the Quran and we tackle it? Also, I asked you to verify a claim you made earlier reading it is the US government that is responsible for blowing up the twin towers as a cover up to invade the Middle East. I am still waiting for that answer?

you want to dolge? I told you before, you cant answer my question. If you like, invite the pastor of your church still the question will remain unanswered. And this is just a minor becouse there are many tough more to come.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
tintingz: @alexis

In keeping
with Jewish custom, the
betrothal would have taken place when she was around 12, and the birth of Jesus about a year later.

-- Joseph, Mary's

Joseph was a much older
man. therefore Mary was
age when she was
"BETHROED" to Joseph. We
Muslims would never call
"Impregnated" Mary as a
"Rapist" or "Adulterer".

years old when she got
7 to 9 years old."

According to the "Oxford
Dictionary Bible"
old when she became
impregnated.

The whole thing about age 3 is a technicality's technicality. Withregards to certain laws, activity below the age of 3 does not affect her halachic status (for instance, a woman still has the halachic full status of "virginity" no matter what happened to her before age 3). [Lawyers' note: any sort of child abuse is halachically, legally, and morallywrong, and will be punished by G-d and state.] Sexual relations can only change her halachic status starting with age 3; hence, if a father agreed to marry off his young daughter byrelations (violating two Talmudic taboos, above), the minimum age at which such an act would take effect would be 3 THE JEW LAW(TALMUD) ALLOW MEN MARRYING A 3YR OLD BABY shocked shocked shocked
http://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/4751/apologetics-for-marriage-at-3-years-old

Common to all wedding ceremonies is the concept of transitioning between childhood and adulthood. In many African cultures children are encouraged to marry as young as 13 to 15 years of age, assoon as they have reached physical adulthood.

Child marriage and child betrothal customs occur in various times and places, wherebychildren are given in matrimony - before marriageable age as defined by the commentator and often before puberty. Today suchcustoms are fairly widespread in parts of Africa , Asia , Oceania and South America : in former times it occurred also in Europe. It is frequently associated with arranged marriage . In some casesonly one marriage-partner is a child, usually the female, due to importance placed upon female virginity , the perceived inability of women to work for money and towomen's shorter reproductive liferelative to men's. An increase in the advocacy of human rights , whether as women's rights or as children's rights , has caused traditions of child marriage to decrease in many areas. In 2011, The Elders formed Girls Not Brides, a global partnership of more than 190 non-governmentalorganisations committed to addressing child marriage.

I think this links are enough for you to know that it is a culture thing in the old time...even in America and Europe it happens before...so you cant judge the arabs nor jews for child marriage cuz it their culture even here in africa

There you go again quoting links (Use your own Quran and Hadith to answer) and trying to justify the obvious. I asked you a simple question but you keep shooting yourself in the foot. Will you give your infant baby girl to a muslim cleric to marry and molest? I dey still wait your answer
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
skak:

you want to dolge? I told you before, you cant answer my question. If you like, invite the pastor of your church still the question will remain unanswered. And this is just a minor becouse there are many tough more to come.

First of all, it is spelled dodge and not dolge. I am not dodging anything skak. I am asking you to level the playing field. I asked you one question and I am asking that you do the same. I didn't ask you 10 questions and asked you to clarify from the Quran, I asked ONLY ONE. So, go ahead and ask me one and then later you can ask me as many as you want but we will address them in a timely manner one question at a time.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
tintingz: @alexis

In keeping
with Jewish custom, the

-- Joseph, Mary's

Joseph was a much older
man. therefore Mary was
age when she was
"BETHROED" to Joseph. We
Muslims would never call
"Impregnated" Mary as a
"Rapist" or "Adulterer".

years old when she got
7 to 9 years old."

According to the "Oxford
Dictionary Bible"
old when she became
impregnated.

Stop saying it is cultural, it is not cultural in Christianity. We don't marry 6 year olds neither do we marry infants and allow old men to touch and molest them. We don't touch and molest infants. Our holy book don't teach us to beat women either. You keep STEPPING out of the Quran and Hadith to answer the questions; and I keep telling you that those are the only books we should use because they are the only AUTHORITATIVE source to use.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
alexis:

First of all, it is spelled dodge and not dolge. I am not dodging anything skak. I am asking you to level the playing field. I asked you one question and I am asking that you do the same. I didn't ask you 10 questions and asked you to clarify from the Quran, I asked ONLY ONE. So, go ahead and ask me one and then later you can ask me as many as you want but we will address them in a timely manner one question at a time.

Thanks for the correction it is indeed spell dodge. I wish you understand your bible just like the way you understand spelling. I would have like it more if to say the correction came from the mentioned contradiction in your bible

I was only citing examples that will back my point but what i was asking you is clearly stated; why is there a variation between the so called words of God from various versions of your bibles.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
alexis:

Stop saying it is cultural, it is not cultural in Christianity. We don't marry 6 year olds neither do we marry infants and allow old men to touch and molest them. We don't touch and molest infants. Our holy book don't teach us to beat women either. You keep STEPPING out of the Quran and Hadith to answer the questions; and I keep telling you that those are the only books we should use because they are the only AUTHORITATIVE source to use.
of all the links i brought out you are still arguing about it?

If you like accept or dont accept all i know is that the Quran said when a girl reach puberty or of age she is ok for marriage...some scholars said that Aisha(ra) was 12 to 15 above before she got married

http://www.discoveringislam.org/aisha_age.htm

And further more Jehovah never condemn child marriage neither Jesus(as) didnt condemn it but said the believers should stick to the law before him(christianity is not from Jesus christ)...Jesus never show any example of any marriage nor talked about marriage so how do we know when a girl is ready for marriage
Jesus even encourage beating hope you know that but Quran never alow wife beating, the verse only said 'to tap' buh i know you wont agree with me and i will not argue with you on this...

About given my young daughter to a cleric...our society have changed long ago so how do you expect me to do such thing here What do you think the people will call me tongue
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
skak:

Thanks for the correction it is indeed spell dodge. I wish you understand your bible just like the way you understand spelling. I would have like it more if to say the correction came from the mentioned contradiction in your bible

I was only citing examples that will back my point but what i was asking you is clearly stated; why is there a variation between the so called words of God from various versions of your bibles.

Skak, you cited several verses, please choose one verse, quote it, and from the verse ask your question.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
tintingz: of all the links i brought out you are still arguing about it?

If you like accept or dont accept all i know is that the Quran said when a girl reach puberty or of age she is ok for marriage...some scholars said that Aisha(ra) was 12 to 15 above before she got married

http://www.discoveringislam.org/aisha_age.htm

And further more Jehovah never condemn child marriage neither Jesus(as) didnt condemn it but said the believers should stick to the law before him(christianity is not from Jesus christ)...Jesus never show any example of any marriage nor talked about marriage so how do we know when a girl is ready for marriage
Jesus even encourage beating hope you know that but Quran never alow wife beating, the verse only said 'to tap' buh i know you wont agree with me and i will not argue with you on this...

About given my young daughter to a cleric...our society have changed long ago so how do you expect me to do such thing here What do you think the people will call me tongue

Can u plz show us the scripture where Jesus encouraged wife beating? So, u are saying the Quran doesn't say muslim men should beat their wives but tap them? If I show u in the hadith or Quran were it teaches wives should be beaten, would u accept it?

So, u wouldn't give your daughter to a cleric but u support a prophet that marries 6 year olds?

U must be daft, puberty doesn't mean she is mature, that is why people can't believe such teachings will come from a good God. Aisha was 6 years old when Mohammed married her. Would u marry a 6 year old?

Your response was, as long as the Quran says it is right, then it must be right. U no get brain?.

Again, stop quoting from websites. U are a Muslim, search the Quran and the Hadith and provide explanation from them
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
^^suit yourself...you are not ready to know the truth about Islam you only want to argue and find a way to insult Islam...you even go to the lenght to insult me...your word:
alexis: U must be daft
And jumping from one topic to another

Btw you have not even answer the question i asked about the 'sun setting' i quoted from the bible buh you keep on loading me with more questions that have been answered by many Islamic scholars... Now you try to bring up another topic 'wife beating' i wont reply you again if you are not ready to know the bout Islam

Am done here until you re-construct your brain-washed thinking tongue
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
alexis:

Skak, you cited several verses, please choose one verse, quote it, and from the verse ask your question.

so you are now dictating to me what i should ask you. Look if you dont know the answer just confess. This is usual and indeed as i expected.

Let me ask you once again: WHY ISAH THERE A VARIATION WITHIN YOUR BIBLES?? And don't tell me there is no variation becouse i gave you enough references.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
tintingz: ^^suit yourself...you are not ready to know the truth about Islam you only want to argue and find a way to insult Islam...you even go to the lenght to insult me...your word:

Btw you have not even answer the question i asked about the 'sun setting' i quoted from the bible buh you keep on loading me with more questions that have been answered by many Islamic scholars... Now you try to bring up another topic 'wife beating' i wont reply you again if you are not ready to know the bout Islam

You claimed Jesus encourage wife beating, so I asked you to back it up for us to see - I wasn't digressing. I didn't see the part you talked about sun setting in the Bible, if you don't mind; can you re-post it.

Brain washed thinking you say, LOL. I am not the one that claims if it's in the Quran then no matter what I find out - it doesn't matter. I am objective and willing to research no matter if it comes from the Bible or any other thing I believe in.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 9:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
skak:
so you are now dictating to me what i should ask you. Look if you dont know the answer just confess. This is usual and indeed as i expected.
Let me ask you once again: WHY ISAH THERE A VARIATION WITHIN YOUR BIBLES?? And don't tell me there is no variation becouse i gave you enough references.

I am not dictating to you what you should ask. You quoted passages from Luke, Matthew, Corinthians and John. I am asking that we address one before we move to another. If you want us to handle the passage in Luke, then let us handle it. That is all I asked and suggested.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
tintingz: ^^suit yourself...you are not ready to know the truth about Islam you only want to argue and find a way to insult Islam...you even go to the lenght to insult me...your word:

You sure are done here my friend! Your only line of defense is that if the Quran says it, then by all means it must be correct. Yet, you are not willing to give your 6 year old to a 50 year old muslim man but you support your prophet in doing the same. Yet, I am the one with the brain-washed thinking; ironic isn't it. I entertained you to see if you will add any substance to the topic but so far, http://www.discoveringislam.org has been your only source of research. I find it strange that a student of the Quran can't intelligently read his Hadith and Quran and need websites to prove his point.

When I asked you about the prophet marrying a 6 year old. Your defense was, "Hey - they do it everywhere in the arab and jewish world, so if our prophet did it, there is nothing wrong" Or "even in America, it is done". I still ask you - if they do it in America or on the moon, does that make it right? I want you to see your line of reasoning, how flawed and lacking it is. It hurts my heart but I will continue to pray for you.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
alexis:

You sure are done here my friend! Your only line of defense is that if the Quran says it, then by all means it must be correct. Yet, you are not willing to give your 6 year old to a 50 year old muslim man but you support your prophet in doing the same. Yet, I am the one with the brain-washed thinking; ironic isn't it. I entertained you to see if you will add any substance to the topic but so far, http://www.discoveringislam.org has been your only source of research. I find it strange that a student of the Quran can't intelligently read his Hadith and Quran and need websites to prove his point.

When I asked you about the prophet marrying a 6 year old. Your defense was, "Hey - they do it everywhere in the arab and jewish world, so if our prophet did it, there is nothing wrong" Or "even in America, it is done". I still ask you - if they do it in America or on the moon, does that make it right? I want you to see your line of reasoning, how flawed and lacking it is. It hurts my heart but I will continue to pray for you.
ok
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
alexis:

I am not dictating to you what you should ask. You quoted passages from Luke, Matthew, Corinthians and John. I am asking that we address one before we move to another. If you want us to handle the passage in Luke, then let us handle it. That is all I asked and suggested.

I'm still waiting for your answer about the VARIATION in your bibles. This is only what i want to know for now.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
skak:

I'm still waiting for your answer about the VARIATION in your bibles. This is only what i want to know for now.

bro...stop wasting your time replying him, he is just looking for a way to insult and not ready to know the truth about Islam
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2013
tintingz: bro...stop wasting your time replying him, he is just looking for a way to insult and not ready to know the truth about Islam

Thank you brother for the advice. I thought the same from the beginning, you ask him several question but still no even a single answer from him and still he cannot answer mine too but pretending like he didnt understand the question.

But i think is important for us to make him understand muslim stands with bible and Jesus.

To all christians in this forum.

Every muslim fully respect these books as words of Allah SWT i.e Az-zabura of Dawud (David), At-taura of Musa (Moses), Al-injila of Isa (Jesus) and Al-qur'an of Muhammad (Mohammed) and muslims believe that all these prophets are sent by Allah.

The difference is that muslim did not believe that jesus is either a God or son of God. And that, this book you are using (bible) is not a true representative of Injila which was originally sent with prophet Isa. And beside, every divine scripture has its own target people and time period (i.e when another prophet arrived people will adopt and replace the old scripture with the new one). After Moses, it was Jesus and after Jesus, it was Muhammad. Jesus was sent to Jews but jews rejected him and try to alter his book as well as dismantling some of his followers which are now known as christian (the term christian was giving by jewish not by Jesus - is not in the bible) while, Muhammad was sent to the whole world but Jews and christians rejected him.

All thanks be to Allah SWT for giving us the ability to answer all all the questions giving to us on this forum as well as proven to the Authenticity of Qur'a. May Allah reward us for our good doing and forgive us for any error we might have done through out our discussions.

Alhamdulillah.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 11:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
tintingz: bro...stop wasting your time replying him, he is just looking for a way to insult and not ready to know the truth about Islam

Thank you brother for the advice. I thought the same from the beginning, you ask him several question but still no even a single answer from him and still he cannot answer mine too but pretending like he didnt understand the question.

But i think is important for us to make him understand muslim stands with bible and Jesus.

Every muslim fully respect these books as words of Allah SWT i.e Az-zabura of Dawud (David), At-taura of Musa (Moses), Al-injila of Isa (Jesus) and Al-qur'an of Muhammad (Mohammed) and muslims believe that all these prophets are sent by Allah.

The difference is that muslim did not believe that jesus is either a God or son of God. And that, this book you are using (bible) is not a true representative of Injila which was originally sent with prophet Isa. And beside, every divine scripture has its own target people and time period (i.e when another prophet arrived people will adopt and replace the old scripture with the new one). After Moses, it was Jesus and after Jesus, it was Muhammad. Jesus was sent to Jews but jews rejected him and try to alter his book as well as dismantling some of his followers which are now known as christian (the term christian was giving by jewish not by Jesus - is not in the bible) while, Muhammad was sent to the whole world but Jews and christians rejected him.

All thanks be to Allah SWT for giving us the ability to answer all all the questions giving to us on this forum as well as proven to the Authenticity of Qur'a. May Allah reward us for our good doing and forgive us for any error we might have done through out our discussions.

I'm also done. Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 11:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
tintingz: Lol...posting from someone who doesnt even given any reference from the bible grin falsehood they say...

Observations from the Bible :

1- One thing we need to consider is that Qur’an does not call Mary ‘Sister of Moses’ but ‘Sister of Aaron’.

2- Aaron (PBUH) we know was the first in line for the Israelite priesthood.

3- New Testament clearly tells us that Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist (PBUH) was from the lineage of Aaron (Luke 1:5). Also it tells that Mary was a cousin of Elizabeth (1:36). Therefore we can easily call them both ‘Sisters of Aaron’ i.e. from the lineage of Aaron.

4- Infact we have evidence of the similar usage from the Bible. In Genesis 13:8 Abraham and Lot are called brothers while certainly they did not come from loins of one individual. It reads;
“And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.”
A certain Christian commentator, Adam Clarke says in his commentary to this verse;
‘[It means] we are of the same family, worship the same God inthe same way, have the same promises, and look for the same end.’
Was the same not true in case of Mary and Aaron? Were they both not from the same priestlyfamily and of same faith?
So the conclusion is that this is only a beautiful way of expression in the Arabic language and to try to twist it some other way speaks only of ones inner wickedness and that’s all!

[b]The Bible tells us that the a man by the name of Amram bore 3 chidren, Moses , Aaron and Miriam(r)
~"And the name of Amram's wife was Jochebed, the daughter of Levi, whom her mother bare to Levi in Egypt: and she bare unto Amram Aaron and Moses, and Miriam their sister."~
{Numbers 26:59}
And Miriam(r) was also addressed in the Bible as the sister of Aaron:
~"And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women wentout after her with timbrels and with dances."~
{Exodus 15:20}
*} In the Bible we have the sister of Aaron called Miriam(r) who has a father called Amram(r)
*} In the Qur'an we have Maryam(r) the mother of Jesus being addressed by Her people "o sister of Aaron" who also happensto have a father called Imran.
for the person without knowledge this can be quite confusing, however as i have stated before the Prophet(s) was asked about this alleged anachronism and He(s)said:
~"The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the names of Apostle and pious persons who had gone before them."~
~{sahih muslim}~
*Meaning Maryam(r) was named after Miriam(r) which i don’t think any learned Christian would disagree because the actual name Mary derives from Miriam which inthe Hebrew language means"strong"
*Likewise the father of Mary(r)"Imran" was named after a pious person who had gone before Him called 'Amram' so really i don’t see any problem here it is exactly how the Prophet(s) has put it:
~"They was given names after pious persons who had gone before them"~
{Sahih Muslim}
And even today we have many people around the world called Imran, Aaron ,Mary and so forth so i wonder how many familys past, present and future has a father called Imran with a son called Aaron and a daughter called Maryam? it is a very high possibility.
So the charge of Anachronism hasbeen clearly refuted by the Prophet(s) over 1400 years ago.
Mary(r) the Levite
There is another problem if an orienlentalist wishes to pursue further with the charge of anachronism against the Prophet(s) and that problem is that the Bible does not give us the name of Mary's(r) father because according to Jewish law the genealogy’s for females are not recorded in the scriptures, infact the closest record of Mary's(r) ancestry was spoken by the Arch Angel Gabriel when He visited Mary(r) to give the glad tidings of the birth of a righteous son and the news of John the Baptist:
~"And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who wascalled barren".~
{Bible luke 1:36}
And Mary’s(r) cousin Elizabeth(r) was married to Prophet Zechariahs who were bothLevite's descending from the nobleancestry of Prophet Moses and Hisbrother Aaron , Elizabeth was also addressed as the daughters of Aaron:
~"There was in the days of Herod,the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her namewas Elisabeth."~
{Bible Luke.1.5}
Furthermore the Prophet Muhammad(s) confirmed that Mary and Jesus were from the Levite ancestry in another Hadeeth, whilst explaining to His Companions about what happened on His miraculous night journey through the seven heavens He said:
~"..... When I entered (the heavens) I saw Jesus the son of Mary and John the son of Zachraiswho are (2nd) cousins from the maternal side (meaning through their Mothers) and they prayed forMy well being....."~
{Sahih Muslim , Vol 1, Kitab al iman, chapter 74, Hadeeth #[162]}
So if John the Baptist was a Levite and Jesus was His cousin related from the maternal side that meansMary(r) must have been a Levite and not a descendant of Judah like many Christians think, becauseintermarrying was forbidden between the 12 tribes of Israel,Judites were not allowed to marryLevites.
Why sister of Aaron?
So why is Mary addressed in the Quran as the sister of Aaron? And why is She not addressed as the sister of Moses, Solomon, Judah etc, etc?
*} After Mary(r) had given birth to Jesus She went back to Her peoplecarrying the baby in Her arms and with Mary(r) being unmarried Her people started accusing Mary(r) ofdoing a shameful act and dishonouring Her Levitical ancestry, so they said "O sister of Aaron Your Father was not a man of evil nor was your Mother unchaste!" but She pointed to the baby and by miracle baby Jesus defended His mother against the charge of Her people {Surah Maryam 19 ayah's 27-33} which couldn’t be said if the Jews would have called Her "O sister ofJudah"
~{Bible- Genesis 38:13-30,(b) Deuteronomy 23:2,(c) Matthew 1:3}~
Also in the Bible Elizabeth(r) is given the title "daughters of Aaron" and it is common sense that She isn’t the actual daughter of Aaron but this title is a title of respect and honour because of Her noble ancestry, now why isn’t Elizabeth(r) called the daughters of Moses andso forth?

Another problem the orienlentist has difficulty understanding is why is Mary(r) called the sister of Aaron and not the Daughter of Aaron and they claim that "In those days people were only named as sons or daughters (never brothers or sisters, incidentally) of people from whomthey directly descended" but according to the Bible God(s) says to Moses :
~"I shall raise them up a Prophet from amongst their brethren"~(meaning brothers)
{Deuteronomy 18:18}
Now according to Christian theologians this prophecy is referring to Jesus , "Their" refers tothe Judaic tribe and "brethren" refers to the generations to come, so if this prophecy is in concordance with Jesus then Jesus is the "Brethren of Judah" in Biblical terms
So why does it say that this prophet is to come from amongst their Brethren/brothers and why not from amongst their sons? Shouldn’t it say, "I will raise them a prophet from amongst[/b] their sons"?

Rubbish...ranting around the bible as usual...i have got no time to augue blindly with you guys anymore, i will only feed the air with the Islamic book, after all it was to teach the ignorants like you guys!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
skak:

Is it an insult to call a person with his true colour Sorry i'm not used to lies so, i cannot call you white.

I think you are ashame of you color..;thats why you didn't tell if you are Arab or orininated from the blacks Muhammed traded two for one Arab.. grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 12:05am On Jan 17, 2013
tintingz: am not arguing against God's word either am not the Isaiah...buh this are the jews believe that the messiah will be king a leader and fight wars...so they are still expecting their messiah while Mohammed(sa) made it known to us that Jesus(as) is the coming messiah and still coming in the future to lead(as a muslim) and fight the anti-christ(dajjal)

The jews believed Jesus was a bastard who had no biological father but adopted by Joseph the carpenter(while the Quran says Jesus spoke when he was a baby to the jews)...infact a jew friend told me if Joseph was from the house of David why was he a carpenter instead of a leader and wealthy

Who care what the Jews believe or what Muhammed fabricated? It seems you are so proud to be friend to a Jews? hahahaha..don't be premitive bro..
You know that Jesus was adopted right? Moses was adopted also. Jesus was taken to Egypt when he was a baby, Moses also. King Herod killed several babies because of Jesus.
King Pheraoh killed several babies because of Moses. Moses was supported by His sister Miriam. Jesus had His mother's support during and fater His death.
They were both mediators between God and thier people. Just a few that validates the Bible prophecy.

Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

Acts 3:22For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you

Our corrupt bible was fulfiled, so leave it alone. Islam was professed in the bible due to what we see, we can point at Islam.

John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.

BOKO HARAH....women on black think they are doing Gods service. What did i see today on the news? The Milian foriegn minister came and there was video of people crying in the hospital with HALF LEGS, HALF HANDS ETC ETC...YET SOME FOLKS SAYS, THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR THIER COUNTRY..... shocked shocked shocked

“And (as for) the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands as a punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment from Allah, and Allah is Mighty. Wise. But whoever repents after his inequity and reforms (himself), then surely Allah will turn to him (mercifully), surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.”
(Surah al-Mā’ida 5:38-39)

I have much to say, but i must leave now. You people cannot decieve all!!

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 12:13am On Jan 17, 2013
Hallie27:
the reason why you like quoting ibn Ishaq is due to your lack of knowledge. Thats whyu you dont know that ibn Ishaq's book is a book of seeroh(stories of the prophet), not a book on compilation of hadiths. When it comes to stories, you gather from different sources, and ibn Ishaq also got some traditions from jewish sources... Hadith collectors like Bukhari and muslim rarely use materials from the seeroh cos most of the hadith appears to have questionable isnaads(chain of transmitters). In Islam, hadith transmitters have to be reliable ,specialised and accurate, thats why seeroh is an islamic literature not the book we follow. Critics like you dont know theres huge difference btw hadith and seeroh,pity...

I hope the Quran will make sense to you then? You people like to push someone, after you will be the one crying that we insult you prophet, when it is the Quran Hadith that speaks.
I will come back to you tomorrow with the Satanic VERSE in the Kuran. By GOD' GRACE;
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 3:39am On Jan 17, 2013
alexis:

you are such a huge hypocrite, you know..why dont you have anything to say about mary been married at the age of twelve, and you are dwelling on something else? If he says he cant give his six year old to be married, its not because it is wrong, its cos our society is so upside down today what is normal seems abnormal in peoples eyes and vice versa,thats why you see people liking semi naked gals pics and hissing at ladies that cover themselves well. Maybe xtianity allows and support the imoralities happening in the society today, but sorry to disappoint you that islam does not support that. In the society today, primary school girls and boys also have boyfrnds and girlfrnds, losing their virginities in their parents backyards, and you are saying '...does not mean maturity...' better be realistic and face the bitter truth.. Is that the kind of life you will prefer for your own daughter instead?? Moreover, Islam encourages us to adhere to the rules of wherever we find ourselves provided it does not make us go against the worship of God. Maybe you havent noticed, but Nigeria is a secular state, with her own laid down rules and regulations, so if we decide to play by not marrying out our six year old daughters for now, i dont think its a big deal. Answer the questions you re been asked and stop beating about the bush.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 3:39am On Jan 17, 2013
alexis:

you are such a huge hypocrite, you know..why dont you have anything to say about mary been married at the age of twelve, and you are dwelling on something else? If he says he cant give his six year old to be married, its not because it is wrong, its cos our society is so upside down today what is normal seems abnormal in peoples eyes and vice versa,thats why you see people liking semi naked gals pics and hissing at ladies that cover themselves well. Maybe xtianity allows and support the imoralities happening in the society today, but sorry to disappoint you that islam does not support that. In the society today, primary school girls and boys also have boyfrnds and girlfrnds, losing their virginities in their parents backyards, and you are saying '...does not mean maturity...' better be realistic and face the bitter truth.. Is that the kind of life you will prefer for your own daughter instead?? Moreover, Islam encourages us to adhere to the rules of wherever we find ourselves provided it does not make us go against the worship of God. Maybe you havent noticed, but Nigeria is a secular state, with her own laid down rules and regulations, so if we decide to play by not marrying out our six year old daughters for now, i dont think its a big deal. Answer the questions you re been asked and stop beating about the bush.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 17, 2013
PS: and for your information, If the QUR'AN says it,THEN IT IS CORRECT.
I am also done with discussing with you, like the Qur'an says,' for you is your religion, and for me is mine',may Allah forgive me and my muslim brothers for any sin we might have comitted chatting with you, and may the light of Islam never dim in our hearts, Amin...
Sorry, we didnt ask to be muslims,we just got lucky!!!

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 5:30am On Jan 17, 2013
oops!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 5:35am On Jan 17, 2013
plappville:

Who care what the Jews believe or what Muhammed fabricated? It seems you are so proud to be friend to a Jews? hahahaha..don't be premitive bro..
You know that Jesus was adopted right? Moses was adopted also. Jesus was taken to Egypt when he was a baby, Moses also. King Herod killed several babies because of Jesus.
King Pheraoh killed several babies because of Moses. Moses was supported by His sister Miriam. Jesus had His mother's support during and fater His death.
They were both mediators between God and thier people. Just a few that validates the Bible prophecy.

Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

Acts 3:22For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you

Our corrupt bible was fulfiled, so leave it alone. Islam was professed in the bible due to what we see, we can point at Islam.

John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.

BOKO HARAH....women on black think they are doing Gods service. What did i see today on the news? The Milian foriegn minister came and there was video of people crying in the hospital with HALF LEGS, HALF HANDS ETC ETC...YET SOME FOLKS SAYS, THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR THIER COUNTRY..... shocked shocked shocked

“And (as for) the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands as a punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment from Allah, and Allah is Mighty. Wise. But whoever repents after his inequity and reforms (himself), then surely Allah will turn to him (mercifully), surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.”
(Surah al-Mā’ida 5:38-39)

I have much to say, but i must leave now. You people cannot decieve all!!
hehehehehe...no one knows Moses was adopted by the queen and pharao at his time...but the jews knew Jesus was adopted by Joseph and called Jesus a bastard and Mary a whor'e so dont compare Moses and Jesus lifes or you wanna tell me Jesus married?

Eh i only chat with a jew i met on social network so i have to gain knowledge about their Talmud and belief smiley

You are still on satanic verse? Dont worry i will show you satanic verse in the bible only when your brain-washed thinking is alright tongue
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 5:43am On Jan 17, 2013
skak:

Alhamdulillah.
you have said it all bro smiley
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 8:20am On Jan 17, 2013
skak:

I will put your question in bold for emphasis:

Is bible really a words of God? If yes, then why is there a variation between different versions of bibles. Bible versions shows that they are really not the same. Some leave out entire verses, others disagree on whether Jesus should be called God's servant or God's Son.

The King James Version (KJV) is an English translation of the Bible made in 1611 at the order of King James I and still widely used today. The New International Version (NIV) is a completely original translation of the Bible developed by more than one hundred scholars working from the same available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.

The reason I am explaining this is so you can see that they are not two different Bible, the texts and interpretations are the same. KJV has an old English flavor today and NIV has a simpler 20th century English equivalent. So, to think they are different Bibles is not accurate. Research shows that on an average, students in the 12th grade understand KJV compared to students in the 7th and 8th grade that easily understand the NIV.

Your confusion here is that King James Version and the New International Version of the Bible are different and not the same and as a result, Christians have more than one Bible. Your confusion here is why some verses appear to be shorter in NIV as compared to KJV. For example, in the KJV, John 6:47 reads, "He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." In modern translations, the same verse reads, "He who believes has eternal life, "with the words "on me" left out. This is the same from several of the verses you quoted as examples. These differences between the KJV and modern translations (in this case NIV) are due to translation differences, THEY DO NOT MEAN THE THERE ARE DIFFERENT BIBLES. The message and theme of the Bible is consistent and the same.

The purpose of the KJV translators was to produce a translation that was understood in the common language of the day 1611. That is also a driving force behind many of the modern translations i.e. NIV - 1966

That been said, where there differences/emphasis in translations from the original Bible manuscript, possibly. I can't tell, I wasn't there in 1611 and 1966 when they were been translated. However, the THEME and MESSAGE in the Bible is the SAME whether it is KJV or NIV. I hope that answers your question.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 8:21am On Jan 17, 2013
Hallie27: PS: and for your information, If the QUR'AN says it,THEN IT IS CORRECT.
I am also done with discussing with you, like the Qur'an says,' for you is your religion, and for me is mine',may Allah forgive me and my muslim brothers for any sin we might have comitted chatting with you, and may the light of Islam never dim in our hearts, Amin...
Sorry, we didnt ask to be muslims,we just got lucky!!!

Backward mentality - As if God didn't give you brain to reason.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Baptist College Changed Dress Code To Accomodate Hijab In Australia / Man Beaten For Sleeping Unclad In A Mosque And Using Quran As Pillow (Photo) / The Girl Who Turned Into A Monkeyafter She Threw The Holy Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.