Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery - Islam for Muslims (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (50727 Views)

Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastry / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by snakova(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
alexis:

So you totally ignored the post I referred to about the deceased and what happened in Gombe. Also, you didn't see my mention about Sunnis killing Shiites - Common tactic employed in Islam; shame no gree you condemn the killing. Yet, you claim it is "Christians" that are raping people in Congo. Maybe the rebels in Congo told you that they want to establish their "Christian version of Sharia" that is why they are raping and killing people. Maybe the M23 rebels claimed they want to remove the government in Kinshasa because they want to establish a Christian state. And while they are at it, they shouted "Jesus is Great" down with infidels. Keep generating false-hood, it appears that is all you are good at. You put down your common sense and brain God has given you when it comes to Islam. Show us the proof where Christians killed 900,000 people. Your mouth is full or allegations yet you can't back them up.

No one is forcing you to convert to another religion or telling you one religion is better than the other. Again, if you believe in stones, don't throw it at others.

If you think I will condone violence because of religious leanings you are mistaken. I am asking you to prove that Rwanda or Congo violence is/was Christian motivated; that is all I am asking you. If it is/was; I will be the first one with you to CONDEMN it. If muslims are attacked anywhere and killed, I will condemn it, I will not play religion or politics with it. The issue here is what motivates a person i.e. christian/muslim to commit the violence. Typical example, MEND in the Niger Delta - they took up arms against the government, so they were rebels. They fought and I am sure they killed people. Been that they are mainly from the south-south; it is safe to call them Christians (this is an assumption). However, you will bear witness that their motive is political and not religious. Their claim is that they are/were fighting for a fair share of their oil wealth. They never wanted to establish a Christian State (as it is in Mali - an Islamic state). I am giving you a typical example so we can trace the REASON as to why these happen. The MOTIVE determines if it is religious or political.
what about the LRA in angola and other countries? who are they fighting for? and the crusaders, who did they fight for? na sango abi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army
the US called the war in Iraq a 'crusade' against terrorism, though no active terrorists existed in Iraq before the US invasion in 2003. so what are you saying? as for invasion of countries, why did russia invade georgia? arent they all christians? 900,000 slaughtered is an insignificant number(Estimates of the death toll were up to 1,000,000), what about the second world war? how many were brutally massacred? maybe you can explain why the crusaders ate saracen flesh during the first crusade.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
snakova:
what about the LRA in angola and other countries? who are they fighting for? and the crusaders, who did they fight for? na sango abi
the US called the war in Iraq a 'crusade' against terrorism, though no active terrorists existed in Iraq before the US invasion in 2003. so what are you saying? as for invasion of countries, why did russia invade georgia? arent they all christians? 900,000 slaughtered is an insignificant number(Estimates of the death toll were up to 1,000,000), what about the second world war? how many were brutally massacred? maybe you can explain why the crusaders ate saracen flesh during the first crusade.

Do you know the difference when something is political and when something is religious? When a thief steals and is caught - will you say he is a christian or muslim or will you judge him by his actions? Was the Lords resistance army trying to impose a Christian State? Was America trying to annex Iraq as one of it's colonies and establish it as a Christian state. Again, what was the motivation? I am not condoning any of these acts. neither am I saying they are right. I am telling you when something is politically or religiously motivated. In Islam, it's a thin line and we don't know. When a group of muslims students kill their teacher because she touched the Quran, is that political or religious? Maybe you can answer that question.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
alexis:

You were warned by the moderator because of what? Please let me know what the moderator said. So if they get upset then what happens. The truth hurts, especially when it confronts people beliefs. If they can't stomach criticism, then they shouldn't post of the topic. No one is going to prevent another person from expressing his/her views on public forum. Our muslims friends have the same right just like everyone else.

The letter of this thread should be accepted by ignrance, can't you see the likes? some people just don't care to dig deep.
They accept welcome all sort of rubbish, (ISLAM IS A PEACEFUL RELIGION)yes sir, MUHAMMED WAS A TRUE PROPHET yes sir.. grin grin

The plain truth about this religion is in the book itself. Anyone that have reads it, will never fall for thier toy stories.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
alexis:

Send me the warning they sent you - I will address the moderator myself. Let them ban, I will register another account and post.

Haahahaha...i can't send it oo, its a written words saying,: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.... grin grin grin Do this appears only when i am typing in the Islam section...hahahaha grin grin
I don't care if they ban me, its not a problem, multiple IDs is allowed.. cool
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
plappville:

Haahahaha...i can't send it oo, its a written words saying,: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.... grin grin grin Do this appears only when i am typing in the Islam section...hahahaha grin grin
I don't care if they ban me, its not a problem, multiple IDs is allowed.. cool

I see that as well. Again, let them BAN - that wouldn't stop me from posting
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 12:45am On Jan 24, 2013
alexis:

I see that as well. Again, let them BAN - that wouldn't stop me from posting

grin grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tiarabubu: 7:50am On Jan 24, 2013
alexis:

So the genocide in Rwanda was caused by Christians abi? Or the Liberian Civil war or the war in Sierra-Leon or the Biafra war as well? Keep on publicly showing your ignorance to justify the violence perpetuated in Islam. I understand your confusion, you think political conflicts in non Islamic states like Rwanda and Congo means they are religious. Your confusion is displayed because in Islam there is no DISTINCTION BETWEEN POLITICS & RELIGION. That is why a young brilliant man can stripe bomb to himself and blow up other people (Shouting Allah is great in the process of doing it)because his Cleric or whosoever tells him to do it and thinks his reward is in Paradise. The stupid cleric might be trying to further his own political agenda.

So, we are lying that Islam has a violence problem? HAHAHAHA. I won't even claim this one against Christianity. Why Sunnis they kill Shiite for Iraq? I thought muslims are not allowed to harm and kill themselves? Or why Sadaam invaded Kuwait and killed innocent muslims and partly invaded Saudi Arabia? When Sadaam ruled in Iraq, who did he oppress most, the Shiites and Kurds - where the Shiites not Muslims? How would a muslim kill another muslim? Think carefully before you answer; you never know - you might just be talking with someone with Shiite lineage. Muslims have violence between yourselves even before you attack other faiths. I dey wait your answer.

Here is a thread on Nairaland on how muslim students in Gombe killed an innocent NYSC teacher in 2007. Go on and deny this one. I won't be surprise if you claim the deceased deserved to die. They killed the innocent woman because some of the students were cheating and hiding their answers in the Quran, the lady saw it and because she touched the Quran to get the cheat paper, that was her death sentence. Maybe you have heard of a Christian killing another person when the bible was touched. Go on, tell us.

https://www.nairaland.com/46741/gombe-muslim-students-put-me

For some reason, you guys think this is an attack on Islam and you MUST defend it. IT IS NOT. We are looking for logical conclusions as to why someone will kill his/her teacher because their holy book was touched. Please crack that bone.

Alexis, you have said it beautifully.

In Islam there is NO distinction between the state and religion. That makes liberals tongue tied in condemning the atrocities carried out by Muslims to establish political control in the name of Islam. Its so bad that even the murder of shias by sunnis (both muslims) is greeted by muted grunts that neither signify horror or disgust. The moderates hold their PEACE. undecided

They tend to forget that just as we don't list Iran-Iraq war were millions died etc as acts motivated by Islam (as the belligerents were not fighting in God's name per se) they cannot list the Congo wars etc because it was not done in Jesus' name. But alas, people perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tiarabubu: 8:14am On Jan 24, 2013
snakova:

It baffles me when some Muslims play the blame game for the crusades. Perpetually holding Christians responsible FOR THE WARS THEY, MUSLIMS, CAUSED. Many refuse to learn the historical basis of the crusades and use it at every opportunity to elicit their "pound of flesh" when the violence of Islam is exposed. Perish what your mullahs tell you and search history for the facts.

Muslims CAUSED the crusades by their UNPROVOKED wars, invasion and plunder in predominantly Christian lands of Egypt, Syria, Turkey, Iraq etc all to spread Islam after the death of prophet Muhammed in 640AD. ironically, Christianity came to those lands NOT through violence, but by pure pacifist efforts of Apostle Paul and early missionaries.

After Islam invaded these Christian lands largely UNPROVOKED, killed people and forced conversions, the Christian world responded when Jerusalem was invaded, its inhabitants killed, pilgrims harrased AND CHURCHES TURNED TO STABLES. Pope Urban rallied soldiers to retake Jerusalem and free the routes to the holy land and then the "crusades" started. In fact they didnt go far before disbanding (the crusades were clearly in conflict with the principles of Christianity).

Ironically Muslims claim outrage FOR WHAT THEY TRIGGERED! See the timeline of conquests (by different Islamic rulers, emirs and empires) and plunder of Christian lands BEFORE the crusades. Do Muslims REALLY have the moral high ground to WHINE about the crusades?:

1. 613 Persians capture Damascus and Antioch

2. 614 Persians sack Jerusalem

3. 633 Muslims conquer Syria and Iraq

4. 635 Muslims begin the conquest of Persia and Syria

5. 635 Arab Muslims capture the city of Damascus

6. 636-637 Arab domination of Syria

7. 637 Arabs occupy Ctesiphon

8. 637 Jerusalem falls to Muslim forces

9. 638 Caliph Umar I enters Jerusalem

10. 639 Muslims conquer Egypt and Persia

11. 641 Islam spreads into Egypt

12. 641 Muslims conquer Alexandria

13. 649 Muawiya I leads raid against Cyprus sacking the capital Salamis-Constantia

14. 652 Sicily is attacked by Muslims

15. 653 Muawiya I leads raid against Rhodes

16. 654 Muawiya I conquers Cyprus

17. 655 Battle of the Masts

18. 661-680 Mu�awiya moves capital from Mecca to Damascus

19. 662 Egypt falls to the Umayyad and Abbasid caliphates

20. 667 Sicily is attacked by Muslims

21. 668 First siege of Constantinople

22. 669 Muslim conquest reaches Morocco

23. 672 Muslims capture the island of Rhodes

24. 674 Arab conquest reaches Indus River

25. 698 Muslims capture Carthage

26. 700 Muslims raid Island of Sicily

27. 711 Muslims conquest of Sindh in Afghanistan

28. 711 Battle of Guadalate

29. 712 Conquest of Andulusia

30. 715 Muslim conquest of Spain

31. 716 Muslims captured Lisbon

32. 717 Cordova becomes capital of Andalusia (Spain)

33. 719 Muslims attack Septimania in Southern France

34. 721 Muslims cross the Pyrenees

35. 722 Battle of Covadonga First defeat of Muslims by Christians

36. 724 Muslims raid southern France and capture Carcassone and Nimes

37. 725 Muslim forces occupy Nimes, France

38. 730 Muslim forces occupy Narbonne and Avignon

39. 732 Battle of Tours (Christian Victory)

40. 735 Muslim invaders capture Arles

41. 750 Abbasids move capital to Baghdad

42. 756 The Emirate of Cordova is established

43. 759 Pippin III ends Muslim incursions in France

44. 792 Hisham I calls for a Jihad Thousands heed his call to cross the Pyrenees to subjugate France. Many cities are destroyed

45. 813 Muslims attack the Civi Vecchia near Rome

46. 816 The Moors support the Basques against the Franks

47. 827 Sicily is invaded by Muslims

48. 831 Muslims capture Palermo and make it their capital

49. 838 Muslim raiders sack Marseille

50. 841 Muslim forces capture Bari (in Italy)

51. 846 Muslim raiders attack areas near Ostia and Rome. Some enter Rome and damage the Churches of St. Peter and St. Paul. The Leonine Wall is built to discourage further Attacks.

52. 849 Battle of Ostia (Christian Victory)

53. 850 Perfectus, a Christian priest in Muslim Cordova is executed � one of the first of Many

54. 85111 young Christians are executed for insulting the Prophet Muhammed

55. 858 Muslim raiders attack Constantinople

56. 859 Muslim invaders capture Castrogiovanni slaughtering several thousand

57. 869 Arabs capture the island of Malta

58. 870 Muslim invaders capture Syracuse

59. 876 Muslims pillage Campagna in Italy

60. 879 The Seljuk Empire unites Mesapotamia and a large portion of Persia

61. 884 Muslims invading Italy burn the monastery of Monte Cassino to the ground

62. 900 The Fatimid Dynasty assumes control of Egypt

63. 902 The Muslim conquest of Sicily is completed when the Christian city of Toorminia is captured

64. 909 Sicily comes under control of the Fatimids

65. 909 The fatimid Dynasty assumes control of Egypt

66. 909 Muslims control all the passes in the Alps between France and Italy � cutting off passage between the two countries

67. 920 Muslim forces cross the Pyrenees, enter Gascony and reach as far as the gates of Toulouse

68. 972 The Fatimids of Egypt conquer North Africa

69. 981 Ramiro III, king of Leon, is defeated at Rueda

70. 985 Al-Mansur Ibn Abi Aamir sacks Barcelona

71. 994 The monastery of Monte Cassino is destrpyed a second time by Arabs

72. 997 Under the leadership of Almanzar, Muslim forces march out of the city of Cordova and head north to capture Christian lands.

73. 997 Muslim forces burn Compostela to the ground

74. 1004 Arab raiders sack the Italian city of Pisa

75. 1009 The Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem is destroyed by Muslim armies

76. 1009 Caliph Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah orders the the Holy Sepulcher and all Christian buildings in Jerusalem be destroyed

77. 1012 Caliph Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah orders the destruction of all Christian and Jewish houses of worship in his lands

78. 1012 Berber forces capture Cordova and order that half the population be executed

79. 1015 Arab Muslim forces conquer Sardinia

80. 1064 The Seljuk Turks conquer Christian Armenia

81. 1070 Seljuk Turks capture Jerusalem and begin persecuting Christian Pilgrims

82. 1071-1085 Seljuk Turks conquer most of Syria and Palestine

83. 1071 Battle of Manzikert

84. 1073 Seljuk Turks conquer Ankara

85. 1078 Seljuk Turks capture Nicaea

86. 1084 Seljuk Turks conquer Antioch

67. 1086 Battle of Zallaca

68. 1088 Patzinak Turks begin forming settlements between the Danube and the Balkans

69. 1090 Granada captured by Yusuf Ibn Tashfin

70. 1091 Cordova is captured by the Almoravids

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by snakova(m): 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
plappville:

The letter of this thread should be accepted by ignrance, can't you see the likes? some people just don't care to dig deep.
They accept welcome all sort of rubbish, (ISLAM IS A PEACEFUL RELIGION)yes sir, MUHAMMED WAS A TRUE PROPHET yes sir.. grin grin

The plain truth about this religion is in the book itself. Anyone that have reads it, will never fall for thier toy stories.
Jesus (AS) is the son of God? yes ma. God did some intimate things to Mary (AS)? yes ma. A man fought with God and survived? yes ma. God needs some virgins saved for Himself? yes ma. There are three Gods in one? yes ma. I rather be heathen than worship that toothless judeo-christian god, whose followers have to resort to juju to prove the potency of their beliefs. At least the hindus have some powerful beings they are worshipping, not some powerless whimp that cant even save himself from a bunch of measly humans. If the whole fallacy was true, why did he have to shout 'Eli Eli lamabathachani'? what happens to the still born child, or better yet the child that barely had a few breaths of air? is he also a sinner condemned to hell cos his ancestors committed a sin? As for the holy prophet (SAW), history would remember him as the greatest man that lived on earth, and with God he is the most loved, like it or not. Just one question, if islam is not a religion of peace, then which is? christianity That blood sucking, baby-seeking judeo-christian god religion? Stop your internet based research and seek out the truth if ye are indeed interested in your salvation. otherwise, continue chasing shadows and decieving yourself, for in the end you would only have yourself to blame.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
snakova:
Jesus (AS) is the son of God? yes ma. God did some intimate things to Mary (AS)? yes ma. A man fought with God and survived? yes ma. God needs some virgins saved for Himself? yes ma. There are three Gods in one? yes ma. I rather be heathen than worship that toothless judeo-christian god, whose followers have to resort to juju to prove the potency of their beliefs. At least the hindus have some powerful beings they are worshipping, not some powerless whimp that cant even save himself from a bunch of measly humans. If the whole fallacy was true, why did he have to shout 'Eli Eli lamabathachani'? what happens to the still born child, or better yet the child that barely had a few breaths of air? is he also a sinner condemned to hell cos his ancestors committed a sin? As for the holy prophet (SAW), history would remember him as the greatest man that lived on earth, and with God he is the most loved, like it or not. Just one question, if islam is not a religion of peace, then which is? christianity That blood sucking, baby-seeking judeo-christian god religion? Stop your internet based research and seek out the truth if ye are indeed interested in your salvation. otherwise, continue chasing shadows and decieving yourself, for in the end you would only have yourself to blame.

Omo, you can worship a STONE for all you want. JUST DON'T THROW IT AT OTHERS. No one is forcing you to be a Christian. Tell your brothers in northern Nigeria (Boko Haram) to leave Christians alone.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by man02: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
am in nw
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by seanet01: 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
IYA NGBALI: that was when islam was islam and original,not now that its has been bastardised and adulterated by the northerners
Christianity has also been bastardised. Israel the root of christianity today HAS LEGALIZED SODOMY clearly prohibited even in the BIBLE.
What sayeth you?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by seanet01: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
alexis:

Omo, you can worship a STONE for all you want. JUST DON'T THROW IT AT OTHERS. No one is forcing you to be a Christian. Tell your brothers in northern Nigeria (Boko Haram) to leave Christians alone.
Tell your christian leaders in Israel to Leave Palestinian lands and stop grabbing it. No more settlements on invaded Land.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
seanet01: Tell your christian leaders in Israel to Leave Palestinian lands and stop grabbing it. No more settlements on invaded Land.

Ignorance is indeed a curse. Where did you read Israel is Christian nation or it's leaders are Christians?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by nirma1230: 11:06am On Mar 27, 2013
really great to view the handwriting of Muhammad S A W W, appreciated, http://www.forumpakistan.com/islam-forum-f49.html
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
nirma1230: really great to view the handwriting of Muhammad S A W W, appreciated, http://www.forumpakistan.com/islam-forum-f49.html

Didn't see any handwriting on the site you posted.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by merits(m): 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
Guyz,advice me about national open university of nigeria (NOUN).Do the certificate valid in labour market? shocked
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by merits(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Guyz,advice me about national open university of nigeria (NOUN).Do the certificate valid in labour market? shocked
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by mademoiselle(f): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
I tnk dis s anoda NL dilusion! Does dis document realy exist? Den y do muslims kill christians, burn and loot churches, especialy n northern nigeria? I tnk all most islamic leaders n northern nigeria are headng straigt fo hell, fo misguidng dere folowers

Thou shalt not judge. D truth is true islam is indeed beautiful. Forget what we c today. There was a tym christians killed too u know? We can only pray that God may have mercy. If I were 2 stop being catholic, I wld be a muslim

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
^^great comment up there...now that is a reasonable christian post have read so far smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Three American Lecturers In Atiku's University Convert To Islam In Adamawa. PICS / Baptist College Changed Dress Code To Accomodate Hijab In Australia / Man Beaten For Sleeping Unclad In A Mosque And Using Quran As Pillow (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.