Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? (24911 Views)

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him / NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Cleaner Who Earns N21k An Hour Naked, Reveals What Happens When She Wears Cloth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Kpobaridaniel(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2021
Yes you can, after the marriage start planning on drinking garri(without) twice a day!� grin
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Khd95(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2021
No let family pressurise you into marrying oooo, hiian

Whe he red nobody go send you, Dem go even yeye u for family meeting

Lived your bachelor life till you are very comfortable, comfortable enough to train for people, children included before you marry ooo, because in Nigeria, women are not expected to bring anything to the table when they marry except Toto and bobii, even if she's well to do with, if you allow her contribute to the cost of running the house, one day she go ask you questions you won't be able to answer, please live your comfortable bachelor life, pikin no dey finish for heaven

Use your 80k salary to develop your self and set up side hustle with it if you can, u owe ur self that

7 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2021
Marriage is grossly overrated.

Remain single, Nigger!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by 77up(m): 5:24pm On May 17, 2021
Go and marry.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by iampeterben(m): 5:25pm On May 17, 2021
If you are ready even if you earn N50,000 you can marry in Eko
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by pfadom: 5:26pm On May 17, 2021
Luke 14:28
28 For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?

I love Jesus' principles. Don't be misled.

My friend don't Marry by faith. Is N80k sufficient for your own upkeep, accommodation, transportation and utility bills let alone a wife.

Maybe if your partner is also gainfully employed.

You will never be put to shame.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by FreeConCiencE: 5:26pm On May 17, 2021
H
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Noblepeace: 5:27pm On May 17, 2021
i married 2006 with salary of 84k, but i make sure that i save 50k monthly come rain come sun. i was leaving in one room self-contain in ajegunle. if ur prudent and marry economical lady u will enjoy d marriage with 80k

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by federalgodey: 5:27pm On May 17, 2021
Very well!
My younger bro earns 40k in Lagos and he's happily married to a medical Doctor

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by ednut1(m): 5:28pm On May 17, 2021
You go suffer o

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by fitinwell: 5:29pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:
Sorry I posted this on here.
Please i need your sincere advice most especially from the married men and women here.

Can a guy who is earning 80k in Lagos marry with that income?

31yrs and family have started bringing issue of marriage. Citing the advantages of early marriage and disadvantages of late marriage, that it's not good to have your kids in secondary school @60yrs when you should be relaxing.

First I will ask you... Is your #80k consistent?
Secondly your wife to be working?
Thirdly do you have taste for good life

Advice: if you don't want to die young..

Except you have a strong financial backup from families and friends

Make Money first

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Aug28th(m): 5:29pm On May 17, 2021
Yeah, you can.
People who earn less get married, in Lagos.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by osazsky(m): 5:30pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:
Please i need your sincere advice most especially from the married men and women here.

31yrs and family have started bringing issue of marriage. Citing the advantages of early marriage and disadvantages of late marriage, that it's not good to have your kids in secondary school @60yrs when you should be relaxing.
when the prob go start these people go ignore u..why not try to have a side huzzle.when do u close..look at ur environment u will find something in your environment that matters. Matter is anything that has weight and occupy space study that matter to change your matter drop that tie after work and thank me later..people go soon dey give u wrong advice here.sir ignore them.at 31 for a guy u are still young with the hsrdship in this country 35 yr is d right age

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Oracleforce: 5:32pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:

Lemme advise you, with your regular income of 80k just give the girl belle and run away, after like 2 years come back and be funding your marriage with the little income...by then, she will not have a choice....all she will be looking for is a handing -hands...
Bros, you are not Jesus oh, don't let any Naija lady carry all their ancestor burden on head because Nah the burden go kill you early.
You have to be smart with your little income and let her lady and her family support you till you have enough financial muscle..

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by OlaMiki: 5:32pm On May 17, 2021
Nice advice , however he can marry as long as he has a loving and supportive woman. u can manage in some area in Lagos to start the journey with time and focused, prayer , hard work and God's favor u may end up in Lekki too
Skillsnigeria:
Don't let anybody pressurized you into marriage, especially if you are not financially capable. 80k monthly in Lagos na small money considering the high cost of living over there. You can live comfortably with 80k in other south west state but not Lagos especially when you marry a liability as a wife. Even if you marry a Nigeria working class lady, you will still foot all the bill alone. just focus on how to double your hustle and increase your income, you will enjoy your old age if you plan your life very well, with or without a kid or wife. You can still marry and struggle with your wife if that's what you want. Honestly, marriage is not easy,is even worst if you are the only one providing for the whole family. Think Deep

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Nonsky048: 5:32pm On May 17, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
Don't let anybody pressurized you into marriage, especially if you are not financially capable. 80k monthly in Lagos na small money considering the high cost of living over there. You can live comfortably with 80k in other south west state but not Lagos especially when you marry a liability as a wife. Even if you marry a Nigeria working class lady, you will still foot all the bill alone. just focus on how to double your hustle and increase your income, you will enjoy your old age if you plan your life very well, with or without a kid or wife. You can still marry and struggle with your wife if that's what you want. Honestly, marriage is not easy,is even worst if you are the only one providing for the whole family. Think Deep
Don't say so,even if u are living in Abuja u can still get married with monthly salary of 50k,u won't go and be acting large more than ur salary, because in Nigeria no matter how small or big ur income is,u can still leave with it..it only depends on how u plan urslf and family ...it not easy but u can make it be .

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by osazsky(m): 5:33pm On May 17, 2021
Some wil soon start boasting i maried with 30k in 2000 ..sir ignore o..the glory of the former shall surpass the later..the reality on ground now is it wont work .even if it works everyday quarel
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by prophetfire: 5:34pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:

. Bros don't attempt late marriage. E get why. With that amount and good financial management with an understanding spouse you will make it. Then your spouse should have something doing to help. 80k is a stage of life not your permanent position in life. You can get a better job with better pay or rise in your career with salary raise. Let your eyes be on a greater tomorrow and not on the now that is lean. Things always get better if you plan and live well.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by tunapawizzy: 5:34pm On May 17, 2021
federalgodey:
Very well!
My younger bro earns 40k in Lagos and he's happily married to a medical Doctor
married to a medical doctor that earns how much

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Midas01: 5:35pm On May 17, 2021
I thought all women were bad according to you guys on NL, why are you people still marrying?

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Imoobot(m): 5:35pm On May 17, 2021
suicide mission.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by integrity16(m): 5:35pm On May 17, 2021
Yes but you won't be able to live comfortably in Lagos with 80k. Except if your wife is also earning to support the family.

I got married in 2017, with a 30,000 naira salary likewise my wife. although I had other side hustle, and already had a house of my own.

So my advice is this, don't be pressured in to marriage, enjoy that salary on yourself first and look out for a money-spinning side hustle you can engage in before tie the knot, because house rent and transportation alone will take more than half of that salary monthly in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by ernestobum(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2021
Practical example is myself..I married with Salary of 75k 4years ago but today...I am sure I can pay that current salary (80k) and still cater for other family expenses without issues.

Marry a woman with ambition and goals as you have and let time settle the rest for you.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by tunapawizzy: 5:37pm On May 17, 2021
Noblepeace:
i married 2006 with salary of 84k, but i make sure that i save 50k monthly come rain come sun. i was leaving in one room self-contain in ajegunle. if ur prudent and marry economical lady u will enjoy d marriage with 80k
86k in 2006 na very cool pay...In 2006 150k would still get you a nice 2 bedroom apartment if not 3 sef

4 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by solochris(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2021
Let me advise you because I was once in your shoe. I got married at the age of 33. I was earning 80k then. I married an understanding lady who is a working class as well. I was living in a sefcon apartment before getting married. Together we raised money and rented a 2 bedroom apartment. We live in the same Lagos. We have been doing well. We already have a son who is 2 yrs now. He has not died out of hunger or starvation. He has started school, life is moving. Six months ago I resigned my job and started my own bakery. Today I run my own business. My wife was instrumental in the whole thing.
SUMMARY: Ask God to give you your own wife, with your 80k you guys will survive beyond your expectations. Don't let these Nairaland children that have not been able to handle ordinary bf/gf relationship to confuse you in the name of advise.
Good luck

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Victor08032(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2021
I married to my wife in 2013, as a HND holder, my highest salary I earn since I married is #50k as a logistic officer... Uptil date I live fine with 2kids & with my family. My recent salary now is #30k because my salary is not regular stable. I thank God because I have achieved a lot , by his grace am landlord to be. Ask me the way I cope in Lagos on this no 08020962020

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by kenlolly75: 5:39pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:

Just make sure you marry someone that is working and is ready to assist you, by contributing her own quota to the homefront.

Ministry level 8 salary pass 80k?
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by MrHighSea: 5:39pm On May 17, 2021
Don't let anyone get into your head.
Decide your life.
See them run away if your kids go to them for handsout.
Not your path.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 17, 2021
Greystone:

80k/mnth is just enough for u to get buy and start/ expand ur side hustle.

If u marry now, ur wife and in laws becom ur responsibility.

Small time, belle don enter, pikin don show, more bills, more responsibility, less free money, and ur dreams may be truncated early.

Give urself some time to grow. Even if it's 1 year to increase ur income.

Marriage is not beans.

But If your wife is earning some money and will also bring something to the table, then u may go for it.

Las las, dis life no get formula...
How does his in-laws become his responsibility ??
Is this a joke??
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 17, 2021
Bros you can marry with 80k salary so far your lady is prudent and you'll be comfortable too. Never listen to majority of those giving poor advice. Check most of their history here you'd find they're either bachelors or they don't even have prior experience. That said, don't be pressurized regardless let God guide you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by tunapawizzy: 5:41pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:

Yes U can marry with a salary of 80k(me i for say make rethink am sha), it all depends on the lifestyle you and your wife choose to have. But it looks like the reason u wana get married now is beacuse ur family is pressurizing you to do so, it should be up to u and ur partner, not ur family, not her family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Waec Interview? / Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality / 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.