Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? (24882 Views)

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him / NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Cleaner Who Earns N21k An Hour Naked, Reveals What Happens When She Wears Cloth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Oyiboman69: 9:32am On May 18, 2021
sweetshisha:
cool

Yes

But you c.an't have a kid

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Gerrard59(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2021
Angy55:

50k abi? At some point I was earning 50k monthly as a spinster. It wasn't really enough. Accommodation plus utility bill alone was consuming the money alone because of the location and you are here advising somebody to go and get married.

As I am here if I'm dating a guy who is earning that amount I won't advise him to settle down yet unless he has side hustle. If he is eager to marry me, we would agree not to have children yet till our income is balanced.

Here is the thing, it's not because of us but for our children. The goal is to give them quality education.

Even the Abuja you mentioned, which part of Abuja? Because I was in Abuja for 2 years. Or you want the guy to marry and start having kids in 1 room? Or you have forgotten that cost of living is getting high by the day. Them no dey rush enter oooo.

Well, you have done your best to tutor the dude and fellow Nigerians about the need for proper financial planning before marriage. But as the Bible says, the poor will always be amongst us. Some people are destined to be poor and they should be allowed to be so.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by NancyShott: 9:35am On May 18, 2021
What's unique about the best one-night stand websites is that anyone who signs up knows the site's main goal: to link people looking for love on https://onlinehookupsites.org/transgender-hookup/. You should not be concerned if you receive messages from people looking for marriage partners or who want to start a serious relationship. However, some reviews of one-night stand websites say that finding love on such sites is difficult.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:53am On May 18, 2021
IS YOUR WIFE SKILLED OR POTO POTO GURL ?
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Angy55(f): 9:59am On May 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

Well, you have done your best to tutor the dude and fellow Nigerians about the need for proper financial planning before marriage. But as the Bible says, the poor will always be amongst us. Some people are destined to be poor and they should be allowed to be so.

Final Conclusion cheesy
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Liposure: 10:17am On May 18, 2021
AmazingELixir:
kiss

Op hmmm!

Approximate Monthly expenses for 2 persons alone

1.Transportation to work N600 × 24 days = N14,400

2. Feeding 2person x N1000 x 30 days=N60 000

3. Electricity Bill, conservatively = N4,000

4. Household consumables + madam allowance = N10 000

5. Oga pocket money = N10,000

6. Papa & Mama stipend = N10,000

7. Miscellaneous expenses (medical, clothing etc) = N10,000

8. House rent = ?

Op do you get the point...Reason carefully my brother.

I personally give madam N100k monthly for feeding 3 persons and her allowance yet she complains its inadequate, meanwhile our security guys that earn N30k to N35k survives somehow but always lamenting on how hard life is for them and their household.

I wish you luck
more grease to your elbow
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by ecomalchemist(m): 10:35am On May 18, 2021
lordatkinson07:
I remembered I married a few year back immediately after my MSc., programme. While I was preparing for the wedding my salary was just 30k. Imagine!

But

Immediately after my wedding, things turned around and the door of breakthrough opened. Today, I earn nothing less than 200k every month.

Meaning of this is that, pray and work hard. Be strategic at the same time. I'm sure, God will crown your efforts with divine elevation and success

Hope is not an action plan in a country like Nigeria. It worked for you don't me it will work for others.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Martinez39s(m): 10:40am On May 18, 2021
ecomalchemist:
Hope is not an action plan in a country like Nigeria. It worked for you don't me it will work for others.
Loud it!

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Lostchild(m): 11:14am On May 18, 2021
jayboy112233:
Sorry I posted this on here.
Please i need your sincere advice most especially from the married men and women here.

Can a guy who is earning 80k in Lagos marry with that income?

31yrs and family have started bringing issue of marriage. Citing the advantages of early marriage and disadvantages of late marriage, that it's not good to have your kids in secondary school @60yrs when you should be relaxing.

35 to 40 years is the right age for a man to fully mature to competenly handle marriage I must say.

You still have 4 years left, so I will advice you to used the four years to find a good woman. At this hash reality of life you need a career wise woman. I advice you to shine your eyes and dont give into family pressure because there are a lot of crazy women out there that can sink a man before his time.

Please Go for financially free women because most hangout women still think that a man is entitle to take care of them. Women like this spent all their youth chasing trousers and pocket of men.

Stay away from women that want to eat food that is well cooked without them helping to cook the food.

Within this four years look for a help mate

And pray for God guidiance

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Xmen149(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2021
if you have been good with minding your business then you can do it.

if you have been all about super comfortable life then forget about it.

1)do HMO for wife/kid (1 oh)

2)you can get 2 to 3 bedroom apartment in some remote areas in lagos at 150- 200k

3)buy food stuck in bult and stock (mostly to last 6 months to one year)

4)have savings plans and join cooperatives (they wont tell you the truth but majority of Nigerians achieved alot of success through this particular means). When you get loan use it to setup side huzzle
5)your wife must be skilled or working or both(ready to build with you or kuku sit one place).
quote me i will break it down further for you. people will be shouting no way but they will be earning same amount and have their siblings living with them yet feeding well and happy.

quote me if you need more clarification

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Ifyz0001: 12:11pm On May 18, 2021
You can get at ipaja and Egbeda now...feel free to call me 07036401605

quote author=Emumakpo post=101788058] Bros, where in Lagos can one get a room/parlour self contain for 200K yearly?[/quote]
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Ifyz0001: 12:14pm On May 18, 2021
But how ??

Xmen149:
if you have been good with minding your business then you can do it.

if you have been all about super comfortable life then forget about it.

1)do HMO for wife/kid (1 oh)

2)you can get 2 to 3 bedroom apartment in some remote areas in lagos at 150- 200k

3)buy food stuck in bult and stock (mostly to last 6 months to one year)

4)have savings plans and join cooperatives (they wont tell you the truth but majority of Nigerians achieved alot of success through this particular means). When you get loan use it to setup side huzzle
5)your wife must be skilled or working or both(ready to build with you or kuku sit one place).
quote me i will break it down further for you. people will be shouting no way but they will be earning same amount and have their siblings living with them yet feeding well and happy.

quote me if you need more clarification
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Xmen149(m): 2:37pm On May 18, 2021
Ifyz0001:
But how ??

lol,.ok am going to be doing few case scenario

say you have cash on you after marriage (as expected) you pay for house rent.

wife is working and can support for perishables (vegitable,fresh fish etc),you remove your tfair and utility bill for the month and buy food stuff (garri,rice,stock fish,dry fish etc,).

Next month do same and get rice,beans etc .(one person cant finish a bag of rice in on year 6months,.two persons..atleast a year and) target one year supply (this will help you save alot along the way).

Cook all liquid food and store in freezer (some can last 1month plus)(remember from now you are buying only perishables).

after the first 2 or 3 months of stocking the only money going out of your salary is house rent,utility bills and transport. then small change for madam you will be having nothing less than 40 to 50k.

(get fta tv and sub for data)Note The rent goes to a separate account to be delivered in whole to house owner at end of the year.

join a good cooperative and make contribution of at least 20k per month buy only what is necessary.(some cooperative allow you to take loan of 2times the amount you contributed at year end.)

then try save atleast 10 to 20k in another account. wify can be helping with minor needs.

by year ending you will have at least 200k (cooperative),100k personal savings (amusing emergency took 100k),150k rent delivered ,wife can come to the table if she made any savings.

(delay pregnancy to atleast 7months plus to 1year) now she is pregnant. use some money from the first to get HMO (some go as low as 30k per year or 50k per year and they take care of mother till delievery,then care for the baby to certain months,research this),reserve the rest for baby food and still contribute more use money from the 100k to restock the house for another 1year.

continue the rent savings and utility then then be sure to save more than 10k now 20 at least.(for emergency) continue the process.

During the first year learn a skill and use for side huzzle.

by child delivery you should have 3 to 400k in cooperative, 100k after baby things shopping.

what now goes out of your salary is baby food,tfair,perishables and utility house rent... even if baby food gulps (30 to 40k) per month by one year e don dey chop adult food...

hings you can do with the money in cooperative,.1) take a loan of upto 1mill (if its upto 500k) and start a business,. get a car and move people around after work(uber or private),mini importation,etc.

thing is,you can only go into all this with your soulmate ready to make it work( not some i have come to chop kind of lady). your wife must be supportive ,skilled and your "ride or die"

with proper planning you can only get better from there.

when its time for child school pick the one your hand can reach.

people earning big in lagos a few apart from big CEO,oil and gass and few tech guys....the rest do proper planing and use loan to build them selves up but will never say the truth ,...even the so called CEO does business with bank and peoples money...plan with what you have and move up ,have eyes for the future and you will see.

but dnt ever go into it because you were told to,.you it bcs you have found the one and ready upstairs.

yes(alot of places dey for lagos where you can even get 3bedroom apartment for 150k,my guys house he built b4 redeem na 140k he rent all cheesy)

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Rrchrd(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2021
jayboy112233:
Sorry I posted this on here.
Please i need your sincere advice most especially from the married men and women here.

Can a guy who is earning 80k in Lagos marry with that income?

31yrs and family have started bringing issue of marriage. Citing the advantages of early marriage and disadvantages of late marriage, that it's not good to have your kids in secondary school @60yrs when you should be relaxing.
My dear with 80k salary if you married a good woman that's working too you can still have a wonderful family

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Doubled My Salary Two Years In A Row, And Will Be Tripling It This Year! / 2020 Recruitment: NAF Warns Applicants Against Fraudsters / N-Power Volunteers Storm Father Mbaka's Church In Enugu, Beg For State Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.