Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? (24915 Views)

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him / NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Cleaner Who Earns N21k An Hour Naked, Reveals What Happens When She Wears Cloth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by kennyamusan(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:
Sorry I posted this on here.
Please i need your sincere advice most especially from the married men and women here.

Can a guy who is earning 80k in Lagos marry with that income?

31yrs and family have started bringing issue of marriage. Citing the advantages of early marriage and disadvantages of late marriage, that it's not good to have your kids in secondary school @60yrs when you should be relaxing.
There is no best time to marry at such age than now 2. There is not right amount to get married , u need just the right mentality 3 . If you are looking at the money, you won't get married 4 . Some earn lesser yet get married . Ask them how they do it 5 As long as you woman is ready to support u 6. The key is to spend within your means 7. Pray for Grace , that all that matters

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by koladata(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2021
yes you can, but don't make babies until the next 4years . then you will be 35 or 34, by then you would have saved enough, being married will reduce your cost of living and make you more focus, but having babies will increase it immediately. now you can rely on your wife's food, no more urgent 2k. and if your wife is working , you add it up to save for a better business.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by jidamsel43(m): 5:45pm On May 17, 2021
my salary is less than #60000 monthly and I'm happily married in Lagos state. it depends on your managemental skills and moderation. I stay in Mini flat though in mainland with approximately #180000 rent yearly. I made sure that my wife is not a salary earner . I set her up in small lucrative business and she has been supportive with little she can afford . I never relent in my pursuit to get side businesses Though, there are many storms in our 3 years marriage journey . We never gave in to pressure and we are doing fine in our own right. My advice is that Nigeria is not a promising country that you will continue to postpone marriage. You may not get married until you reach 50 yrs

12 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by bluefilm: 5:46pm On May 17, 2021
The funny thing is that some people earn that same 80K every blessed day!!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Gerrard59(m): 5:46pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:
Please i need your sincere advice most especially from the married men and women here.

31yrs and family have started bringing issue of marriage. Citing the advantages of early marriage and disadvantages of late marriage, that it's not good to have your kids in secondary school @60yrs when you should be relaxing.

This is misguided. Considering the economic climate in Nigeria, it's even better for a man to marry late and plan well towards childbearing. This belief of having children in secondary school worked when majority were in the civil service not today when there are lucrative opportunities outside the public sector. Nothing is wrong if you get married at the age of 40, prior to then, you have increased your earnings, diversify your investments and plan to bore children you can take care of.

https://www.nairaland.com/6035550/nigerians-poverty-certain-acts-perpetuate

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by hotwax: 5:47pm On May 17, 2021
you go marry but make sure you do DNA for your kids.

Na street go help you fckk your wife...

when I say street...I mean malam selling indomie, cowbell choco, okada man or taxify...yahoo boys on your street...

Lagos girls are not nice, they are damn so dirty...even leper can fck them if money is involved

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Saintkollyjoe: 5:48pm On May 17, 2021
You can marry on that amount. Just ensure that employer does not owe salary. Secondly always strive to improve yourself by gaining Better work experience attend training and gain new professional certification as you grow. Don't let them scare you here. There is spiritual dimension of blessing to a man who takes care of his wife and family, you will be having more. Go and marry to the woman you love!

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Gerrard59(m): 5:48pm On May 17, 2021
zeeace:
If it was in the north or some south west state. It would have been perfect or Okay. But Lagos ahhhh. You just want to use your hand and kill yourself. Infact it isnot in any way advisable for a man to have just one source of income. Or just sit and depend on his monthly salary.
As a man u should have more than one source of income.

He wouldn't earn such in the north anyway. The poorest region in Nigeria doesn't pay reasonable salaries.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by fortune1968: 5:50pm On May 17, 2021
dahmie2013:
It is not how far, but how well. To be honest, you can marry with that amount. Just get an understanding working class woman. You don't need to have millions before you marry and you should not do it under pressure either.
which woman understand in Nigeria ?. 99.9% of them are not ready to spend a dime even, on their family .

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Liposure: 5:50pm On May 17, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
Marriage is grossly overrated.
Remain single, Nigger!
but people are getting married
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Angelfrost(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2021
Can a man earning that amount marry and sustain a home anywhere in today's Nigeria economy??!...

I know single guys earning twice that, and can barely keep it together in Lagos...

Truth be told, those pressuring you to get married really don't desire your prosperity... Or you have been painting to them a false appearance of wealth (I know many a young man who indulge in such stupidity).

Better look well before you leap! If poverty suits you and your family, don't drag another person's child into it!!!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by chaloskyx: 5:52pm On May 17, 2021
YES WITH THAT AMOUNT YOU CAN TAKE AS MANY AS 3 TO 4 WIVES
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by OlujobaSamuel: 5:53pm On May 17, 2021
Biko, that money is enough to get married. People are getting married for far less.
If you marry early, you can hustle more to sort your needs, if you marry late, you have no strength to hustle again for your needs.
Do you want your kids to still be seeking admission when you are about to retire?
How many people within your age bracket are making 100k or more monthly in Nigeria today? Things are hard, but not beyond what we can overcome.
I have so many people around me that got married early or give person belle, and I do wonder how they cope because I know I am more comfortable than they are, now their kids are between 3 to 6yrs, some don even close shop, whereas, I'm just starting my own journey.
Me and wife don dey grow grey hair, baby Na just 3months, how we go be for 50yrs or more.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by detectivejones: 5:54pm On May 17, 2021
Don't let anyone pressurise into marriage with that flimsy excuse..31 for a man is still young chase your dreams and make small money first

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Angelfrost(m): 5:55pm On May 17, 2021
Liposure:
but people are getting married

...And how many remain in the marriage??! Scratch that... How many stay happy and fulfilled in those marriages??!

Go do some research, and understand the true reality beyond social media! tongue
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Harrynight(m): 5:55pm On May 17, 2021
I've seen a married man in this lagos earning 30k monthly salary
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by detectivejones: 5:56pm On May 17, 2021
Angelfrost:
Can a man earning that amount marry and sustain a home anywhere in today's Nigeria economy??!...

I know single guys earning twice that, and can barely keep it together in Lagos...

Truth be told, those pressuring you to get married really don't desire your prosperity... Or you have been painting to them a false appearance of wealth (I know many a young man who indulge in such stupidity).

Better look well before you leap! If poverty suits you and your family, don't drag another person's child into it!!!

Swears
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by seyz91(m): 5:56pm On May 17, 2021
you have said all i wanted to say

you smart my man
like i do tell people, don't allow anyone or anything be it Parent, Society force, pressure or push you into marriage cuz las las na still your cross, na only you go suffer am

The world has really changed so all this mentality of getting married quick or having children early no longer works,

Get married and Have kids at your own convenience, not like marriage or having kids is that compulsory if not that we carry it for head like dreadlocks in this part ot the world

undecided

Skillsnigeria:
Don't let anybody pressurized you into marriage, especially if you are not financially capable. 80k monthly in Lagos na small money considering the high cost of living over there. You can live comfortably with 80k in other south west state but not Lagos especially when you marry a liability as a wife. Even if you marry a Nigeria working class lady, you will still foot all the bill alone. just focus on how to double your hustle and increase your income, you will enjoy your old age if you plan your life very well, with or without a kid or wife. You can still marry and struggle with your wife if that's what you want. Honestly, marriage is not easy,is even worst if you are the only one providing for the whole family. Think Deep

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Myer(m): 5:56pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:

You can definitely marry risikatu from abule egba.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Emumakpo: 6:03pm On May 17, 2021
praiseneo:
With side hustle yea
Cos if pikin enter wahala go start
Get a side hustle and if you don’t have one collect room/Palor self contain like 200k yearly not 2/3 bedroom flat.
Manage from there as a married man you’d have time to save for a side business since it’s just you and wifey then when u get a good side buisness you can start thinking about kids and no born pass 2
Bros, where in Lagos can one get a room/parlour self contain for 200K yearly?
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 17, 2021
What's with all these messy pressure on men earning low income. what about the wife to be, is she crippled not to earn as well. Please you guys should share the bills, she is not lame na angry
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by PrinceGallant: 6:05pm On May 17, 2021
How many salary earners get up to 80k in Lagos? You are not yet to to marry, those who earn lesser amount have had two or three children. When you are ready, you will marry. And who does guarantee steady flow of income to you? Many who earned 300k yesterday are now managing with a company that hardly pay them N100k today.

Bro, look for business, salary earners always find life difficult. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by remele2(f): 6:06pm On May 17, 2021
The truth be say no one gives a f*k about you.. Dnt let anybody push u to what u are not ready for..........

When the mata start, no body go reason u ooooo, the only thing u will hear is,,,,, God will provide.

My dear Brother, check urself well, no go do pass urself...... I hope u sabi that song,,,,, peperipe peperipepe, no go dey do pass ur seld

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by MediMedi(m): 6:06pm On May 17, 2021
You ought not to be rich before marrying, am in 100L and will marry december this year.
Wetin I get nothing, but my children go d grow with me
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by praiseneo(m): 6:07pm On May 17, 2021
Emumakpo:
Bros, where in Lagos can one get a room/parlour self contain for 200K yearly?
mainland
Areas de o
You go see better Room and Palor self for that amount no cap

Command, ipaja, meiran those areas I know of

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by zeeace(m): 6:08pm On May 17, 2021
Gerrard59:

He wouldn't earn such in the north anyway. The poorest region in Nigeria doesn't pay reasonable salaries.
stupid talk. I've friends and families that earn way more than this in the north. Don't come and display ignorance here. As if the 80k is some huge money.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by dammyagboola(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2021
You have said it all my brother. Especially when you marry liability as a wife. Even if your wife is working. You will still be the one to foot all the bills.
Skillsnigeria:
Don't let anybody pressurized you into marriage, especially if you are not financially capable. 80k monthly in Lagos na small money considering the high cost of living over there. You can live comfortably with 80k in other south west state but not Lagos especially when you marry a liability as a wife. Even if you marry a Nigeria working class lady, you will still foot all the bill alone. just focus on how to double your hustle and increase your income, you will enjoy your old age if you plan your life very well, with or without a kid or wife. You can still marry and struggle with your wife if that's what you want. Honestly, marriage is not easy,is even worst if you are the only one providing for the whole family. Think Deep

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 17, 2021
OLOSHO NO BE WOMAN IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW ____OLORUN SHOGO IS THEIR NAME THIS DAY'S ____YAHOO'S BOYS HOLDING PANTS UP AND DOWN MEANWHILE THE OWNER OF THE PANT ALSO NEED HUSBAND WHO ARE NOT YAHOO BOYS ______MAAAAAAAAAD PEOPLE JUST LIVING NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 17, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
Very apt bro!

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:12pm On May 17, 2021
Any body can marry but not everyone can survive marriage. If you partner will support why not, if she can't and you are expecting children, then tough one.

All the best
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by ehemwhy(m): 6:13pm On May 17, 2021
I have seen this on NL for the umpteenth time ....see if you earn 50K and know how to manage it you are better than someone that earns 100k and doesn't know to live on a budget .

I know married peeps in my office who earn less than 80k and are doing well

Where do you work ? Will your wife work ? Are you in a cooperative ? Do you buy your food stuff in piecemeal or you go to the market to buy in bulk ? Do you have plans for any side hustle , do you do Ajo ?

You will be surprised if people reveal how much they earn .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Waec Interview? / Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality / 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.