Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,364 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! (17226 Views)

Missing OAU Student Is Found Alive (Photo) / Nursing Student Suspended In Borno For Not Welcoming Buhari / Burial Poster Of ABSU Nursing Student Who Got Drowned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by numericalguy(m): 10:28am On May 19, 2021
DashDolls:

I just feel so sorry for you. Your are Pathetic and lack exposure. Am sure you haven't left the four walls of your father's house. You and your kind are one of the reasons people stop giving advice on Nairaland. Simply becos ignorant, insecure humans like you will turn around behind closed doors to implement on them but will come here to degrade such advice. So sad. Talk about INSECURITY ISSUES AT ITS PEAK.

From your comment, it also shows you must be a teenager who hasn't seen life yet. If you are not and you are truly an adult, I feel more sad for you. Believe me. Grow up. Read Wide. Be Exposed.

If your only advice could be this stupid rubbish below...
"Can you as a male nurse even ask a female doctor out on a date?" shows the emptiness of your brain to the topic in question.
Like seriously, is that all you can think of Grow up Child.

I will encourage you to see a Therapist before you explode becos there is alot bottled up from where that is coming from.

Another fa!lure quotes me. Look here Mr. Failure Nurse, throwing insults and tantrums will not help you and you will always be looked down upon by people both in you field an those not in your field.
You have a whole lifetime to enjoy your miserables life of being looked down on.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by numericalguy(m): 10:30am On May 19, 2021
numericalguy:

Another fa!lure quotes me. Look here Mr. Failure Nurse, throwing insults and tantrums on nairaland will not help you and you will always be looked down upon by people both in you field an those not in your field.
You have a whole lifetime to enjoy your miserables life of being looked down on.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by zinaunreal(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2021
numericalguy:

I feel sorry for you though.. You are so low on self esteem that you had to start body building to make yourself attractive to the opposite gender.
Well, NEWS FLASH: Body building will not cut it, you and your kind will always be looked down upon in the medical circles because you are a male nurse. You are a fa!!lure who couldn't meet up with the academic rigours that is required to be a doctor.

Going about insulting people who told you the truth will not even improve your chances in life.

Where did this maggot rush out from
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by numericalguy(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2021
zinaunreal:

Where did this maggot rush out from

One thing about fa!lures and olodos like this one is they they are quick to rush to one another's defence.

Enjoy your failure Mr. Fa!lure.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by zinaunreal(m): 5:30pm On May 19, 2021
numericalguy:

One thing about fa!lures and olodos like this one is they they are quick to rush to one another's defence.

Enjoy your failure Mr. Fa!lure.

See this crumb . I wonder who borrow you data to come to this site. Small boy
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 6:04pm On May 19, 2021
I'm a student nurse, almost done with my 100 level. I don't care about what people like that are saying.
May God help us, Amen
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 11:59am On May 20, 2021
DashDolls:

I don't think it's okay for him to drop his Facebook profile knowing this is an annoymous group.
Just my thought
ok. I understand.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 7:23am On Jun 20, 2021
Leemekzy:
my elder brother studied nursing here in nigeria of which he is well to do in the states right now. Just leave this country after your studies.
That's nice. How did your brother go about his travels?
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2021
MOVIC6:
Rubbish talk, me that is planning on going bavk to school and study nursing.
I'll be waiting o
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 7:36am On Jun 20, 2021
Ndumyke:
I'm a male nurse and during my school days we were more than 25 male nurses in that set. Right now we are doing well. Some are abroad performing excellently good
So how is your job going? Are you working in Nigeria?.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 7:37am On Jun 20, 2021
BOOKWORMLUX:
I'm a student nurse, almost done with my 100 level. I don't care about what people like that are saying.
May God help us, Amen
Me too. God will help you..What university do you attend?
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Leemekzy: 7:53am On Jun 20, 2021
JBRichard:
That's nice. How did your brother go about his travels?
student visa.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 7:56am On Jun 20, 2021
Leemekzy:
student visa.
Thank God for him. I'm studying in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Leemekzy: 8:36am On Jun 20, 2021
JBRichard:

Thank God for him. I'm studying in Nigeria.
he studied in nigeria the went for his MSN in america.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
JBRichard:

Me too. God will help you..What university do you attend?
University of Maiduguri, Borno State
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 6:49am On Jun 21, 2021
Leemekzy:
he studied in nigeria the went for his MSN in america.
Smart decision. I'll keep in touch
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 6:50am On Jun 21, 2021
BOOKWORMLUX:

University of Maiduguri, Borno State
Ok. Would love to know your better. Please
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Leemekzy: 6:53am On Jun 21, 2021
JBRichard:
Smart decision. I'll keep in touch
no probs.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2021
Leemekzy:
no probs.
Maybe your brother could help me with my studies when I done! wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2021
JBRichard:

Ok. Would love to know your better. Please
How do we connect?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
BOOKWORMLUX:

How do we connect?
Anything you are suitable or safer to you. Like Facebook. May I know your Fb profile so I can say hi?
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
JBRichard:

Anything you are suitable or safer to you. Like Facebook. May I know your Fb profile so I can say hi?
Have sent you a PM
REPLY SO WE CAN DROP CONTACT DETAILS THERE
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JBRichard(m): 7:40am On Jun 23, 2021
BOOKWORMLUX:

Have sent you a PM
REPLY SO WE CAN DROP CONTACT DETAILS THERE
Ok. I'll check ASAP. Thanks
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by yunqdady: 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by yunqdady: 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
It is not considered an abomination but you must understand that every culture operates in its own way. There are male nannies but it sounds as absurd as a male nurse. Sometimes na condition make crayfish bend. Na your life and you owe nobody any explanations. But expect such treatments from people in Nigeria. It is guaranteed. As liberal as Americans claim to be, once in a while you will hear condescending jokes about male nurses. What’s in a name? A lot of men will join the profession if they can change the name from Nursing to something trendy.

/

You always jump on topics like this to give your twisted sick opinions. Inverted brain
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by zinaunreal(m): 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
Thecreatorx:
You bleeped up big time, you just need strangers to console you and give you false hopes LMAO, nursing is the worst a guy can study in Nigeria. No matter how sophisticated and knowledgeable you are, even the least Professional doctor will tremble on you! You can't open a hospital as a nurse, you can't command respect, you'll be paid chicken change when the doctor you worked with in a theater gets millions, you bleeped up. Nigeria isn't USA where nurses get special privileges even if they're still greatly underpaid, guy better retake jamb or do change of department. Anybody who advices you otherwise is just inexperienced, I've witnessed first hand how a very intelligent male nurse has been cheated all his life. Guy use your head, Nigerian no be USA, even school fees you no go fit pay for your children, just watch!!

What an olodo of life.
There are people who go to school to study how to be stupid. This is one of them
I thought it was a joke until I saw this guys write up
I never thought I will meet such a maggot in my life
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by yunqdady: 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
ziondaughter247:
Pls study what makes you happy, that's the important thing.

The problem I have with nursing as a course is that YOU MUST be a truly humble and down to earth person. Even abroad. Imagine a doctor that just graduated when will almost always be placed above you. You cannot do anything without the orders of a doctor, whom truly you might even be more experienced than in the hospital setting.
In the long run, I feel it messes up with one's psych and emotional status. Even as a lady, I shudder at taking orders for the rest of my life talk more of if I were a man. There's also the risk of being prone to be accused of sexual assault, especially abroad. I honestly feel the profession is for very calm and easygoing men, probably phlegmatic men.

But also after studying nursing, you can study to become a nurse anaesthelogist. Many Male nurses do this. I honestly think this is more respectable. Don't get me wrong though, every legit profession is respectable no matter how lowly placed.
But stereotypes are changing too. Many men are entering the profession, so in some years time the situation may be better.
you don't take orders as a nurse. You assist in implementing plan of care. There are independent roles too.
If you would have problem, it would be from patients not doctors.
Although from my little experience, some male doctors don't just like having male nurses around but if you know your onions, no one would disrespect you without your permission.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by yunqdady: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
armadeo:

Guy as you are running this nursing courses better be looking for opportunities abroad which are plenty. Do the right exams and courses finish up and discharge.

You'll be far better of than everyone who laughed at you. A male nurse has many advantages in the work place. They can hustle better than the females and get side jobs more.

Guy I dey laugh.

Bookmark this comment? Follow the advice and return to read in 10years.

You'll laugh with me.
Are you no longer hating on Nurses? You that see yourself as demigod cos of mbbs and any other thing as sub? I expected you to be toxic as usual

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by armadeo(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
yunqdady:

Are you no longer hating on Nurses? You that see yourself as demigod cos of mbbs and any other thing as sub? I expected you to be toxic as usual

Me? Toxic

I sincerely doubt that.

I was only offering the guy some support what is toxic about that.

Modified.

Two post above I see where you are coming from now.

Lool. Have a great day dude.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by eduora: 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
Don't listen to people's advice.do your own personal careers.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by yunqdady: 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
JBRichard:
I am a student studying nursing in Nigeria. I got a lot of recommendations and commendations when I settled down for this course. I was bred up to be a Medicine and Surgery student. I was advised to choose this because it's professional and not lengthier and can end up with a good job abroad or even here by God's grace. Plus as it stands now, I don't want to waste so much time in school in order to settle down and get a good job and do something for myself.

But when people hear of my course the somehow fumble. I get belittled. I am a guy.... Is there something wrong with studying this or should I change??
I wanted to study Biochem but I was chastised against it

Because I'm starting to wonder why I don't see male nurses..... I met one man and he eyed me from top to bottom. Another individual said I don't know what I want to become.
Another shouted ABOMINATION!!!!! grin
I've already gained admission oooo....
I'm bewildered....
Haven't seen male nurses in Naija before....
Chineke!!! �
I believe this is an hypothetical post, or a made up post.
But if it's real, hold on tight to what you have. Many wish to be in your shoes.
Male nurses abound, even more than it has ever been now. Just that society would always refer to such as doctor.
More common in the north though, but if you are serious about getting some as mentors, you can search online. Many are making waves.
Most importantly, if you're staying in Nigeria, work towards occupational health and target oil companies or work towards becoming an academic.
Otherwise, hustle your way out of this country to the WEST! I repeat, WEST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition / UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students / Statistics Of 2015/2016 Jamb Candidates Who Choose Your School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.