Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! (17241 Views)

Missing OAU Student Is Found Alive (Photo) / Nursing Student Suspended In Borno For Not Welcoming Buhari / Burial Poster Of ABSU Nursing Student Who Got Drowned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Dagger111(m): 11:58am On May 17, 2021
Bola146:
Not at all, they are more caring than the female and even more hardworking. But they are too flirt seriously lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Male Nurses ti doo eleyii pa. grin
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Thecreatorx: 12:00pm On May 17, 2021
Amorprincesa24:

Continue your course after you graduate, apply to other countries write their exams.
Ode person go finish study instead of an to find job or hospital to work make e go start to apply visa 10 years make them scam e Papa and all his savings, you guys are dumb. How many Nigerians apply for Visa vs how many get the visa? Yuck!!
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Thecreatorx: 12:01pm On May 17, 2021
Buliwyf:

Did you even consider if he wants to use his skills outside Nigeria? There are many nurses who moved abroad and are doing very fine now? So what are you talking about?
Same reply I have for all you dumbfucks

" person go finish study instead of an to find job or hospital to work make e go start to apply visa 10 years make them scam e Papa and all his savings, you guys are dumb. How many Nigerians apply for Visa vs how many get the visa? Yuck!!"
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by miraculousGod(m): 12:02pm On May 17, 2021
I didn't Know male nurses exist until 2018 affordable domains and free hosting @ https://truehost.com.ng/cloud/?aff=403
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Thecreatorx: 12:03pm On May 17, 2021
JIREN01:
OP, please ignore this comment totally.
Same reply I have for ye leaches;
" person go finish study instead of an to find job or hospital to work make e go start to apply visa 10 years make them scam e Papa and all his savings, you guys are dumb. How many Nigerians apply for Visa vs how many get the visa? Yuck!!"
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Thecreatorx: 12:04pm On May 17, 2021
meobizy:
Success is always the best revenge. Finish with the course first and get a job. Eventually you will become an example to the children of those individuals who originally derided your career choice.
You dey advice man in this 2021 to "get a nursing job" where he'll be paid 150k at most is federal hospitals bwahaha
Even the dumbest kid on YouTube makes at least ten times that salary in a month.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Thecreatorx: 12:07pm On May 17, 2021
Nobody should mention me again.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by gforce5: 12:27pm On May 17, 2021
This is what I keep telling them but they don't listen! If your family, friends or mentors can't advise you, is it a forum of anonymous strangers that will give you a decent advise? It's just stupid bringing personal & sensitive information to a very TOXIC forum.
cosse:
IT AMAZES ME WHEN PEOPLE COME TO SEEK OPINION FOR SERIOUS LIFE DECISIONS HERE ON NAIRALAND..FOR GODSSAKE THIS PLACE IS FILLED WITH BITTER TOXIC SOULS..DO NOT DO IT, EXCEPT YOU WANT THEM TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE......SEEK ADVISE FROM ELDERLY RESPONSIBLE FOLKS ONLY...AND GOOGLE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE....DO NOT TAKE CONSEQUENTIAL DECISIONS LIKE EDUCATIONAL,RELATIONSHIP OR FAMILY ISSUES HERE.....ITS NOT WORTH IT...THIS ANONYMOUS FORUM IS TOO TOXIC AND FILLED WITH AN IRRESPONSIBLE BITTER MAJORITY.......THIS FORUM NA FOR CRUISE..DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUS....EVER!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by MOVIC6: 12:33pm On May 17, 2021
Ride on
IGpro1:
don't let anything stop you from becoming one.
I'm currently in my pen ultimate year, had to go for it...

When we started we were outnumbered 100 female to 20 males but now others joined through direct entry and we're like 100 females to 40 males now, lower levels are even better with a huge number of males,
And some matrons do tell us they are happy we males are feeling the gap that made other health professionals to look down on them because they are female.
Even as a nurse I've had to put many doctors in their place for daring to ask me to fetch some items,

And in any hospital, male nurses are like doctors. Again there was this notion some of my colleagues (students) had that nurses don't fix an IV (drip) line, but I got to do it seeing my male chief nurse doing it. I asked him same question, he told me some female nurses out of laziness don't like fixing the cannula (drip line) because it's difficult sometimes to locate the vain to place it.
Few years to come NIGERIAN youths will change the stereotype of nursing being a female profession.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by cosse(m): 12:33pm On May 17, 2021
gforce5:
This is what I keep telling them but they don't listen! If your family, friends or mentors can't advise you, is it a forum of anonymous strangers that will give you a decent advise? It's just stupid bringing personal & sensitive information to a very TOXIC forum.
Exactly my point....
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Phenomenal16(f): 12:40pm On May 17, 2021
HeyHey:
I see nothing wrong with it. It was a mid-husband (man of mid-wife) that assisted me through contractions. They are alot of male nurses general hospitals. Plus only male nurses are allowed on board ships with multinationals like LNG them
..they are called accoucheurs
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by leochinonso(m): 12:54pm On May 17, 2021
Your future is very bright, Especially outside this Country.

Keep your head down, put in your best and trust God to bless your effort.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Mimiranky: 1:42pm On May 17, 2021
Because na big abomination
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by omoiyalayi(m): 2:32pm On May 17, 2021
All of them na doctor for my side
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by billyG(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2021
Guy hav U not visit d hospitals before?male nurses abound,U can relocate abroad & earn big money,U can even get employed as occupational nurse in oil coy....I have been treated by male nurses & they are gentler,non-arrogant & playful..a male nurse once given me an injection i almost pull up & was about to walk away I thought he has finish b/c he is so meticulous that I felt no pain at atall....on a final note most people thought a male nurses to be doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Uniique(m): 3:22pm On May 17, 2021
muykem:
Nobody said so, you can even become midwife if you like.

Midwife or Midhusband
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by ofiko123(m): 3:23pm On May 17, 2021
That is there own problem...
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by billyG(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2021
Thecreatorx:

You dey advice man in this 2021 to "get a nursing job" where he'll be paid 150k at most is federal hospitals bwahaha
Even the dumbest kid on YouTube makes at least ten times that salary in a month.
Look even some state can't paid doctors #150k.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Bola146(f): 3:33pm On May 17, 2021
Dagger111:

Male Nurses ti doo eleyii pa. grin

I guess you are referring to your sisters at home, shameless thing lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by zinaunreal(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2021
Guy don't mind them an a student nurse too . Its envy
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by zinaunreal(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2021
Guy don't mind them am a student nurse too . Its envy. By the time you further and become a practitioner they will shutup
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by JIREN01: 4:16pm On May 17, 2021
Thecreatorx:

Like I said OP, kindly ignore this comment as I am about to. I don't even understand this.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Anataoku(m): 4:46pm On May 17, 2021
WorldRichest:
Asewo. Won ma do e pa ni. Nah Toto go kee you.

Bro no kill me ooo, I be male nurse first before I become Doctor and I know say no be asewo something.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Anataoku(m): 4:51pm On May 17, 2021
Uniique:

Midwife or Midhusband

Oga, I be male nurse and a Midwife not mid husband. The female nurses call us OC (Officer in- charge)
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by DedeNkem: 4:57pm On May 17, 2021
Nigerian mentality is one of the lowest in the world, not far from the cave men mentality!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Dagger111(m): 5:06pm On May 17, 2021
Bola146:

I guess you are referring to your sisters at home, shameless thing lipsrsealed

Your sis included.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by zinaunreal(m): 5:11pm On May 17, 2021
Thecreatorx:

Whats this tadpole talking about
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Casper21: 5:21pm On May 17, 2021
JBRichard:
I am a student studying nursing in Nigeria. I got a lot of recommendations and commendations when I settled down for this course. I was bred up to be a Medicine and Surgery student. I was advised to choose this because it's professional and not lengthier and can end up with a good job abroad or even here by God's grace. Plus as it stands now, I don't want to waste so much time in school in order to settle down and get a good job and do something for myself.

But when people hear of my course the somehow fumble. I get belittled. I am a guy.... Is there something wrong with studying this or should I change??
I wanted to study Biochem but I was chastised against it

Because I'm starting to wonder why I don't see male nurses..... I met one man and he eyed me from top to bottom. Another individual said I don't know what I want to become.
Another shouted ABOMINATION!!!!! grin
I've already gained admission oooo....
I'm bewildered....
Haven't seen male nurses in Naija before....
Chineke!!! �

WELCOME TO THE NURSING PROFESSION. Where you'll meet Nursing Jurisprudence, Foundation of Nursing, & d rest. Male nurses are dominating now o and they are more favoured than female nurses. Don't give a fvck about what People think, just do what u love and rip the glory of it. After you're done with ur council exam, u can stay and work for 2yrs or so then u apply for UK or Australia Nursing Exam

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by armadeo(m): 6:01pm On May 17, 2021
JBRichard:
I am a student studying nursing in Nigeria. I got a lot of recommendations and commendations when I settled down for this course. I was bred up to be a Medicine and Surgery student. I was advised to choose this because it's professional and not lengthier and can end up with a good job abroad or even here by God's grace. Plus as it stands now, I don't want to waste so much time in school in order to settle down and get a good job and do something for myself.

But when people hear of my course the somehow fumble. I get belittled. I am a guy.... Is there something wrong with studying this or should I change??
I wanted to study Biochem but I was chastised against it

Because I'm starting to wonder why I don't see male nurses..... I met one man and he eyed me from top to bottom. Another individual said I don't know what I want to become.
Another shouted ABOMINATION!!!!! grin
I've already gained admission oooo....
I'm bewildered....
Haven't seen male nurses in Naija before....
Chineke!!! �

Guy as you are running this nursing courses better be looking for opportunities abroad which are plenty. Do the right exams and courses finish up and discharge.

You'll be far better of than everyone who laughed at you. A male nurse has many advantages in the work place. They can hustle better than the females and get side jobs more.

Guy I dey laugh.

Bookmark this comment? Follow the advice and return to read in 10years.

You'll laugh with me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by bluefilm: 6:01pm On May 17, 2021
Stereotypically speaking, male nurses are pussy arse niggaz
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by numericalguy(m): 6:20pm On May 17, 2021
@ JBRiichard, listen to me and listen good..

It is an abomination and I will prove it to you.

Male doctors are fond of cruising female nurses as they like, they use female nurses and dump them like rags. Can you as a male nurse even ask a female doctor out on a date?

Male nurses find it very difficult to get relationship partners because no one wants to date them. Not even female nurses.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! by Uniique(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2021
Anataoku:

Oga, I be male nurse and a Midwife not mid husband. The female nurses call us OC (Officer in- charge)
Oga na midhusband nothing concern me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS / High Quality Personal Statements For Foreign University Master's Applications / Gov Sani Reduces School Fees Of All State-owned Tertiary Institutions In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.