Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? (36301 Views)

How Some Men Package For Marriage And Deceive Women / What Do Some Men Gain From Sleeping With Other Men's Wives??? / Poverty Made Me Faithful To My Wife - Ghanaian Man To CNN Journalist, Amanpour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by pfadom: 5:01am On May 19, 2021
So Bill Gates and Bill Clinton have low IQ and are practically unintelligent? King David and Solomon were amongst the greatest and the wisest, yet cheated at the highest level

Please research well before generalizing your claims.

Mikester:
There are a lot of reasons for that but the most common one is low IQ and sexual perversion

and why will a man of understanding be ravished with strange women?

What exactly is to gain from such risk?

Haven't you seen homes wreck and men reduced to nothing by means of mere sex with strange ladies?

Only intelligent men see these dangers and prevent it but ignorant and simple men go on and regret afterwards.

It's just that.

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by bullabong(m): 5:19am On May 19, 2021
daylay7:
This question come to mind because of my encounter with some men about their marriage. I still find it funny to think that some guys after marriage would still go for another woman for sex. Some would even go after married women. Some would go for girls as young as their daughter.

A conversation ensued between my married friends and I about infidelity. When I told them since I have been married 10 years ago, I have never slept with another woman or touch another woman inappropriately. They were all surprised and called me a "pastor".

Why is it difficult for some men not to adhere to their marital vows?
If you are not cheating,then your wife is cheating period!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by daylay7(m): 5:29am On May 19, 2021
bullabong:
If you are not cheating,then your wife is cheating period!
Maybe grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by DEMZEE(m): 6:51am On May 19, 2021
[quote author=Tutu82 post=101833381][/quote]

Just reporting the rules, I don't make the rules

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by bukatyne(f): 7:06am On May 19, 2021
DEMZEE:
Because men don't cheat, they just have sex

Women do cheat.

Men and women love differently and show love differently

Men love idealistically
Women love opportunistically

Men show love through sharing his resources and commitment and providing financial security to his woman
Women show love through fidelity ie not being a hoe

Yet men are more likely to desert a marriage with a lover than women.

@OP: Society (men & women) doesn't frown at husbands cheating so the husbands keep at it.

Luckily, the men are cheating with women so they are just wife swapping while deceiving themselves like the poster I quoted.

To think that as at this post, 215 people have liked the person I quoted and I am sure there are females amongst them.

Tomorrow, they will whine that all men cheat.

Your expectations would surely be met.

That's life. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by bukatyne(f): 7:09am On May 19, 2021
lexy2014:

Many nigerian men are highly indisciplined. But d problem is that they expect that u should be as indisciplined as they are. Instead of them to ask how u are able to stay disciplined, they start calling u names because of d sense of guilt that floods their hearts. Most times, they can't contain their self gulit but instead of admitting they have a problem, they use their arrogance to try to make it look like it's u who has d problem

@bold:

Not a men's thing and not related to cheating alone.

Humans would mock you for holding a standard they can't/wouldn't.

While you are trying to beat them, they want you to join them in the mud so you are all same.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by bukatyne(f): 7:11am On May 19, 2021
cmecproblem:
Broke men hardly cheat. Become very rich and start attracting women let's see if you won't cheat in the 11th year.

Broke me hardly cheat? grin shocked

You have not seen a man that is been fed carrying small girls?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by DEMZEE(m): 7:27am On May 19, 2021
bukatyne:

Yet men are more likely to desert a marriage with a lover than women.

@OP: Society (men & women) doesn't frown at husbands cheating so the husbands keep at it.

Luckily, the men are cheating with women so they are just wife swapping while deceiving themselves like the poster I quoted.

To think that as at this post, 215 people have liked the person I quoted and I am sure there are females amongst them.

Tomorrow, they will whine that all men cheat.

Your expectations would surely be met.

That's life. undecided

Men and women are fundamentally different.

Men must create their value to gain sexual abundance while women are born with value and get sexual abundance by just existing.

A man who increases his value has the right to exercise his options of sexual abundance. Men are designed to be promiscuous, women are not

Women are comfortable sharing high value men

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by ImaIma1(f): 9:28am On May 19, 2021
post=101823165:
@OP, most Naija men don’t have that type of good attitude you've got..
So when they are confronted with cheating,
they minimize, rationalize, and justify their behavior with statements like:

Every guy wants to have sex with other women. And when the opportunity arises, he takes it.

It’s a man’s biological imperative to have sex with as many women as he can. Why should I be any different?

If I got enough (or better) sex at home, I wouldn’t need to cheat.

I’m not doing anything that most of my friends don’t do. If you don’t believe me, ask them.

If my wife hadn’t gained so much weight—or if she was nicer to me, or more attentive—I wouldn’t have even thought about going elsewhere.

Who would call getting a lap dance in a strip club cheating? It’s just what guys do for fun.

I’m only sexting and flirting. Where’s the harm in that? I don’t meet up with any of these women in person. It’s just a game.

[/b]

Or they say it's only simps that stick to one woman.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:29am On May 19, 2021
ImaIma1:

Or they say it's only simps that stick to one woman.
Lol cheesy.
Exactly.
You know dem too wells.
Yeye people na him dem be.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by Prymestrr(m): 12:14pm On May 19, 2021
Mikester:
There are a lot of reasons for that but the most common one is low IQ and sexual perversion

and why will a man of understanding be ravished with strange women?

What exactly is to gain from such risk?

Haven't you seen homes wreck and men reduced to nothing by means of mere sex with strange ladies?

Only intelligent men see these dangers and prevent it but ignorant and simple men go on and regret afterwards.

It's just that.

I guess Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Prince Charles of Great Britain, Dangote and co all have low IQ abi. Mr. High IQ with zero relevance.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by cmecproblem(m): 5:10pm On May 19, 2021
bukatyne:

Broke me hardly cheat? grin shocked

You have not seen a man that is been fed carrying small girls?
That means he's not broke. He's being fed. It's expensive to cheat.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by bukatyne(f): 8:37pm On May 19, 2021
DEMZEE:

Men and women are fundamentally different.

Men must create their value to gain sexual abundance while women are born with value and get sexual abundance by just existing.

A man who increases his value has the right to exercise his options of sexual abundance. Men are designed to be promiscuous, women are not

Women are comfortable sharing high value men

You claimed men love idealistically while women love opportunistically.

If we break down the words,
Idealistically means something that is ideal which is perfection/close to perfection.

You would agree that an ideal partner is someone who is intune with your needs, puts you first, doesn't hurt you, protects you at all times, share their resources with you etc etc.

So I am wondering how sleeping with other women which would hurt your woman makes you an ideal partner. I wonder how sharing intimacy with another woman fits into this ideal love.

Let me agree with you that men can cheat/sleep around while women can't. That means you expect women to be faithful.

Isn't that a characteristic of an ideal lover or idealistic love?

Isn't a man who can claim to love a woman and enter a relationship with her so she is bound to fidelity while he can sleep around opportunistic? He wants to enjoy the benefits a woman brings in a relationship while having sexual freedom.

@men are polygamous: I understand you are not a Christian so I would not go the religious route.

Naturally, men's polygamy is not supported except you concur that women are also polygamous.

The ratio of women to men is almost 50% that means men cannot have multiple women to themselves without sleeping with other men's women who supposedly are monogamous by nature.

It is either you accept everyone zips up or humans (men & women) are polygamous.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by Liposure: 10:42pm On May 19, 2021
bukatyne:

ething that is ideal which is perfection/close to perfection.

You would agree that an ideal partner is someone who is intune with your needs, puts you first, doesn't hurt you, protects you at all times, share their resources with you etc etc.

So I am wondering how sleeping with other women which would hurt your woman makes you an ideal partner. I wonder how sharing intimacy with another woman fits into this ideal love.

Let me agree with you that men can cheat/sleep around while women can't. Thacharacteristic of
claim to lth her so
If it's not naturally supported like you said. How come by tradition a man is allowed to marry more than one wife. How come king marry more than one wife? How come our forefathers had multiple children from multiple wives? How come islam approve the marriage of four wives. How come the bible never condemned polygamy? plus also remember david, abraham, solomon even jacob married more than one wife. How come?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by bukatyne(f): 12:06am On May 20, 2021
Liposure:
If it's not naturally supported like you said. How come by tradition a man is allowed to marry more than one wife. How come king marry more than one wife? How come our forefathers had multiple children from multiple wives? How come islam approve the marriage of four wives. How come the bible never condemned polygamy? plus also remember david, abraham, solomon even jacob married more than one wife. How come?

Is everything supported by tradition natural?

There was a time twins were killed, strangers were used for sacrifices, people were not educated, etc.

In Islam, polygamy was/is supposed to cater for widows and divorced women so they are 'helped' i.e. primarily for charity like men who marry their brothers' widows.

The Bible never encouraged polygamy and if you would not justify adultery and murder using David, it would be hypocritical using his life to justify polygamy.

I don't know the polygamy Abraham committed; Jacob married two sisters due to trickery; David was a king and two of his wives were widows; Solomon imported women all over the world.

In Northern Nigeria where polygamy is rife, there is a lot of divorce aka wife swapping and child marriage to support the amount of polygamous men. They also have the Alimajiri system which would reduce the number of eligible husbands in the society.

Polygamy on a wide scale is not feasible except you have a lot of unmarried men in that community, there is a lot of wife swapping, and a lot of child marriages.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by Me20211983: 3:51am On May 20, 2021
They cheat because they aren’t trained to control themselves. Even dog can be trained to sit. Without selfcontrol man no honor and cannot be respected. He is an embarrassment to his entire lineage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by daylay7(m): 5:31am On May 20, 2021
Me20211983:
They cheat because they aren’t trained to control themselves. Even dog can be trained to sit. Without selfcontrol man no honor and cannot be respected. He is an embarrassment to his entire lineage.
I believe self control is a personal work
Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by Me20211983: 6:00am On May 20, 2021
daylay7:

I believe self control is a personal work
this is the issue. Too much focus on self. That is fine when you are bachelor. But when you make choice to be with someone else, it’s not just self-control for self. It’s both of you controlling yourselves for each other.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by DEMZEE(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2021
bukatyne:

You claimed men love idealistically while women love opportunistically.

If we break down the words,
Idealistically means something that is ideal which is perfection/close to perfection.

Let me agree with you that men can cheat/sleep around while women can't. That means you expect women to be faithful.

Isn't that a characteristic of an ideal lover or idealistic love?

Isn't a man who can claim to love a woman and enter a relationship with her so she is bound to fidelity while he can sleep around opportunistic? He wants to enjoy the benefits a woman brings in a relationship while having sexual freedom.

@men are polygamous: I understand you are not a Christian so I would not go the religious route.

Naturally, men's polygamy is not supported except you concur that women are also polygamous.

The ratio of women to men is almost 50% that means men cannot have multiple women to themselves without sleeping with other men's women who supposedly are monogamous by nature.

It is either you accept everyone zips up or humans (men & women) are polygamous.

Because men are designed to be promiscuous and polygnous while women are designed to be monogamous.

Women are born with value and men must create their value. A man that sleeps with many women has value and a woman that sleeps with many men has lost her value.

A man can Bleep other women and still love his wife while a woman that bleeps another dude otherside her husband doesn't love her husband again.

Men see sex like taking a piss while women see sex like a value loaded exchange.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by daylay7(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2021
Me20211983:
this is the issue. Too much focus on self. That is fine when you are bachelor. But when you make choice to be with someone else, it’s not just self-control for self. It’s both of you controlling yourselves for each other.

hhhmmmmm
You are right

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by daylay7(m): 8:47pm On May 20, 2021
bukatyne:

Is everything supported by tradition natural?

There was a time twins were killed, strangers were used for sacrifices, people were not educated, etc.

In Islam, polygamy was/is supposed to cater for widows and divorced women so they are 'helped' i.e. primarily for charity like men who marry their brothers' widows.

The Bible never encouraged polygamy and if you would not justify adultery and murder using David, it would be hypocritical using his life to justify polygamy.

I don't know the polygamy Abraham committed; Jacob married two sisters due to trickery; David was a king and two of his wives were widows; Solomon imported women all over the world.

In Northern Nigeria where polygamy is rife, there is a lot of divorce aka wife swapping and child marriage to support the amount of polygamous men. They also have the Alimajiri system which would reduce the number of eligible husbands in the society.

Polygamy on a wide scale is not feasible except you have a lot of unmarried men in that community, there is a lot of wife swapping, and a lot of child marriages.
Kudos sis. I love this intelligent reply
Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by daylay7(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2021
DEMZEE:

Because men are designed to be promiscuous and polygnous while women are designed to be monogamous.

Women are born with value and men must create their value. A man that sleeps with many women has value and a woman that sleeps with many men has lost her value.

A man can Bleep other women and still love his wife while a woman that bleeps another dude otherside her husband doesn't love her husband again.

Men see sex like taking a piss while women see sex like a value loaded exchange.

This is another facts. And I appreciate you for this. But in the mist of all these facts, do you think it is right for men to commit adultery or fornicate?
Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by Me20211983: 12:52am On May 21, 2021
daylay7:

hhhmmmmm
You are right
It’s okay king! It’s all love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by DEMZEE(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2021
daylay7:

This is another facts. And I appreciate you for this. But in the mist of all these facts, do you think it is right for men to commit adultery or fornicate?

Fornication hinders males sexual mating strategy which is fucking as many women as possible

Adultery hinder females sexual mating strategy which is alpha bleeps short term and beta bucks long term

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by frozen70(f): 9:24pm On May 21, 2021
daylay7:
This question come to mind because of my encounter with some men about their marriage. I still find it funny to think that some guys after marriage would still go for another woman for sex. Some would even go after married women. Some would go for girls as young as their daughter.

A conversation ensued between my married friends and I about infidelity. When I told them since I have been married 10 years ago, I have never slept with another woman or touch another woman inappropriately. They were all surprised and called me a "pastor".

Why is it difficult for some men not to adhere to their marital vows?

It's a chronic habits formed over time

The only thing that can stop them is lack of money

Once a man's pocket is loaded, he is either at the bar or with a woman

Me I don't have issues with that so far he is facing his responsibilities at home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by daylay7(m): 10:56pm On May 21, 2021
frozen70:

It's a chronic habits formed over time

The only thing that can stop them is lack of money

Once a man's pocket is loaded, he is either at the bar or with a woman

Me I don't have issues with that so far he is facing his responsibilities at home

hhmmmm. But you it is not always true. Although, money is a principal factor but there are some men who abide by self control despite loaded pockets.
Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by frozen70(f): 11:16pm On May 21, 2021
daylay7:

hhmmmm. But you it is not always true. Although, money is a principal factor but there are some men who abide by self control despite loaded pockets.

That's the ones that have discipline in them and wants to respect themselves

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by daylay7(m): 11:21pm On May 21, 2021
frozen70:

That's the ones that have discipline in them and wants to respect themselves

Yes, and also respecting their woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by frozen70(f): 11:28pm On May 21, 2021
daylay7:

Yes, and also respecting their woman.

When a man is respecting himself, it concerns his wife and children

But some have lost it, that's why they don't have a firm grip on their family

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by daylay7(m): 5:14am On May 22, 2021
frozen70:

When a man is respecting himself, it concerns his wife and children

But some have lost it, that's why they don't have a firm grip on their family

Facts

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? by lexy2014: 10:10am On May 23, 2021
Saao:
So many reasons why men cheat, one of the main reason sex starvation.

https://www.nairaland.com/6565233/cheating-mc-kevin-falls-death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Disregarded My Instructions! I Stopped Calling Her! / What Is Wrong With This Picture???? / What Would You Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.