Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 (17486 Views)

Jigawa Corpers Take Lassa-Fever Sensitizations To Rural Community (Photos) / NYSC Batch A 2006 Corpers: Where Are You Posted? / Next NYSC (Batch A 2006) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by RuuDie(m): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2007
ogelove:

hi RuuDie, we i know your pix, we served in Sass Aminu Yusuf 2005/2006, wel u know me because i gave u my connection to teach commisioner's children, u re kelechi's bro from mbaise,i know u as Emeka. now let me tel u my name, am oge. where re u now? my no is 08035482932

well oge. . . i'm very sure u know him very well; but i'm not him. . . . anyways, his no. is 08024518294 and he's now in lagos.

if u want any more info about many of ur other hadejia friends u can visit: hadejiakopa.8m.net, u can also send some info and pix about urself!
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2007
Yeah Ehiwere i concure,i wish some of those batch Bs that just passed out would get on to this thread and tell us about their experiences in jigawa state, wishing them luck as they join us in the bigger world.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by ifylove505(f): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2007
Hi,
i didn't serve in Jigawa,but i just want to pass an information across to you all concerning a friend that was your set

(2006 Batch A). Actually, i don't know the particular area she served but she really needs your prayers now.She and

some fellow corpers has an accident on December 2006 on their way out of Jigawa.She has been lying down in the

hospital for 9months now .Her name is Blessing George.She actually needs your unreserved prayers because she

needs to walk again which i believe you would give.As you do this the Lord would bless you all.Amen.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by Ehiwere(m): 8:45am On Aug 17, 2007
ifylove505:

Hi,
i didn't serve in Jigawa,but i just want to pass an information across to you all concerning a friend that was your set

(2006 Batch A). Actually, i don't know the particular area she served but she really needs your prayers now.She and

some fellow corpers has an accident on December 2006 on their way out of Jigawa.She has been lying down in the

hospital for 9months now .Her name is Blessing George.She actually needs your unreserved prayers because she

needs to walk again which i believe you would give.As you do this the Lord would bless you all.Amen.

Ify,i must confess,appreciate your concern.Blessing Served in Dutse and believe she fellowshipped with NCCF.I have never heard anything from her,and thanks for letting us know more.

I have always remember those that where involve in that incident last year december.I will took it upon myself to mail it our my Fellowship Group (RCCF) Email address then for serious prayer on there behalf.

However i will have to send a mail once again to remind the group for there continuos prayer,even after departing Jigawa.

Atleast to matter the situation we find our self,the Love of our beloved if even will have lost contact should still continue.

I was actually the moderation to the fellowship group mail,but presently in Zenith i had no access to yahoo,as i use to.Anyway ,this message will defintely go round.

Onceagain Thanks Ify
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by ifylove505(f): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2007
Ehiwere, thank you so much.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2007
Ify its quite a surprise because i visited Blessing with a couple of friends while we were still in Dutse after the accident,i cant believe that up to this moment she is still not ok. she is an Anglican because she lived in the Anglican family house before the accident, i didnt know her personally but i have seen her on some occasions in church while we were still in Dutse, my heart goes out to her and surely i will remember her in my prayers, i was devastated when i heard of the accident,but i pray she will get well sooner,when there is life there is hope, Ify where is she at the moment?
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by Ehiwere(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2007
On behalf of Onyinye(she stay @Winners Logde) and Elijah(Music Director RCCF) they extend their greeting to the house.Actually just discover both of them are in Zenith With me.Onyinye is @ Annex 1 HQ banking Hall,while Elijah is @ Idumota Branch.And they are all doing well.

Actually,the nature of activities @ the branch might not allow them much time to stick to net expecially forum like this,so i decided to put it upon myself to share there testimony.

When Elijah share his testimony with me,i blessed God for his faithfulness.HE secure his appointment with Zenith all within a month interval.God is Great.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by laga(m): 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2007
hello Turaki's Ex corper i am Emeka Madu i served im Dutse L G C. i Lived at Royal Guest House and Ibraco,i was a member of Livin Faith Dutse.
I am at Oceanic Bank, God has been faithful.I wishh u all the best.
I dey miss Dutse small.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by samix(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2007
laga:

hello Turaki's Ex corper i am Emeka Madu i served im Dutse L G C. i Lived at Royal Guest House and Ibraco,i was a member of Livin Faith Dutse.
I am at Oceanic Bank, God has been faithful.I wishh u all the best.
I dey miss Dutse small.
hello laga(emeka madu) na wah for you sha you just decided to 4get about ur friends anywayz sha GODs been good here too.Gunners for life.Just guess who this could be. later boy.don't have a job yet anyway but GOD will provide someday
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2007
hello Emeka mmadu,which batch were you?
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2007
sorry Akin i didnt see your last post in time,i mistakenly jumped it without reading it,am cool. chi and i are still locked down but she is presently in Abuja,what of pumping and biggie you dey hear from them at all?
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by laga(m): 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2007
Nedujizzy i dey Batch A dat passd out january dis yr.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by suluv(f): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2007
cheesy cheesy cheesy hi guys know this face grin grin grin

Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by Akp2: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hello all,

My name is xtie and I served with Ministry for Special Duties in Dutse in 2004/2005 (Batch B).
God has been so faithfull and wonderful. Presently I work with an Advertising Agency. My twin says hi to all (Bosun) grin. Wish all new ex corp members well as they take a step into the real world smiley.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2007
hello xtie good to know you are doing fine
@suluv
i ve seen your picture,you certainly didnt serve in Dutse otherwise i would have known you, can we know your name and batch please?
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY N.Y.S.C EXPERIENCE IN JIGAWA STATE
BY
CHINEDU ECHIANU

This is Dutse, you can call it whatever you like but we are here to stay, as long as our service year lasts (some say its December others say its January).
Dutse is a place you would despise coming from Metropolitan cities like Lagos or Port Harcourt, infact most Corp members here stated that they were confused and agitated when they saw their posting from their various schools.
For me my first reaction was to look at the map for the location of Jigawa state.
In any case, Corp members in Dutse are sure lucky to be here because it would have been worse, considering the fact that there are other corp. members in places like; Sule T, Gwaram, Maigatari, Jahun, Birnin kudu, Roni, Ringim etc.
The irony of the whole episode is that while Corp members in Dutse are complaining of the lack of basic amenities such as pipe borne water and incessant power cuts, Corp members in the above mentioned places which are obscure parts of Jigawa state are enjoying themselves with a more steady power supply and potable water. The only advantage therefore for Corp members in Dutse is that they are residing in the state ‘capital’, at least it is not as lonely and boring as the other places.
Dutse is a case of a rejected state capital; it is quite underdeveloped and can never in any way be compared to state capitals in other states of the country except perhaps for the low or almost non-existence of crime.
The media houses here are in a state of stagnation, information is vital to human existence especially for me because of my constant quest to be updated on global events, but the situation in Dutse is not encouraging at all. My little transistor radio which I use to get in tune with events through the BBC is no longer serving that purpose here because the state owned Hausa-language based Radio Jigawa has the notoriety of interfering in the short wave bands of the radio set. The television station, NTA Dutse is a write off, their only source of programmes being the network service. The station begins transmission by 4:00 pm sometimes 5:00 pm and shuts down by 10:00 pm. Sometimes; the station goes off air for days and suddenly resumes transmission without any explanation by the authorities. The other radio station here is called “New World FM”, but I can assure you that there is nothing new as far as the station is concerned. Presenters speak smattering English, it’s only the Corp members posted to the station that have good command of the English language. If you want to relax with some music, then you are welcome to New World FM because they got lots of it in the absence of any other meaningful programme. The absence of relaxation spots in the city is also noteworthy, not even a single fast food outlet can be found here. Meanwhile, the restaurants available are nothing to write home about. The only Hotel here that is worthy of note is the Jigawa Three (3) Star Hotel.
Jigawa State, which has Dutse as its capital, is where we (Batch A 2006 Corp members) are. For most of us including myself, this is our first visit to Northern Nigeria.
Before coming to Dutse, our first port of call was the N.Y.S.C Orientation Camp, which opened in Gumel on the 14th of February 2006.
Gumel is one of the five Emirate Councils in Jigawa State, others are: Dutse, Kazaure, Hadejia and Ringim. An Emir heads each Emirate.
On getting to Gumel for the Orientation Camp, I was completely dumb-founded considering the difference of environment in the North and down South. It was that time of the year when there was so much heat and dryness, leaving the environment drained of vegetation.
I left Port Harcourt on the evening of the 13th of February not knowing exactly what to expect, but one thing was for sure, I was thrilled by the opportunity of visiting the North for the first time. The journey was a very long one stretching over 17 hours to Kano, which was the first stop over en route Jigawa (formerly under Kano State).
On arrival in Kano, we (Corp members from Port-Harcourt) were received by a group of serving Corp members who had been on ground before our arrival; they helped us to get a taxi, which took us to a park where we got a mini bus to Gumel.
Life in the Orientation camp was fun and exciting, but the rigorous drills we went through infuriated some corp members, but I enjoyed it because I had been looking forward to a bit of adventure. The death of a female corp members sent shivers down my spine because I was an eyewitness on the day of the tragic event.
It was on one fateful afternoon and the platoons in which the Corp members were divided were out on the parade ground for the usual drills co-ordinated by a group of Army personnel in preparation for the match past.
One particular platoon as was the case throughout the duration of the camp was out for the usual man-o-war activities, which involved Inter alia several steps of rope climbing. The female Corp member was on a small rope bridge between two trees, Infact she had successfully crossed the bridge and was about to descend when she slipped and fell headlong to the ground. She was rushed to a Hospital in Kano, but gave up the ghost some weeks later as a result of fatal injuries she sustained.
One of the high points of the Orientation camp was on the day of passing out. We were visited by the executive governor of Jigawa State, Alhaji (Dr.) Saminu Turaki who inspected a guard of honour mounted by Corp members. Before leaving the camp with his entourage, he made a donation of N 10,000 to each Corp member which drew a huge uproar from joyous Corp members. Everybody was in high spirit in anticipation of the mouth-watering amount, which was later paid into the various accounts of Corp members after speculations, that the money might be tampered with.
When the time came for Corp members to disperse to their various places of primary assignment, the camp was flooded with mini buses, which came from various local government areas to pick up Corp members posted to their areas. It was also a time of confusion because Corp members who had made friends in camp had to leave them and move on, hoping to see them again after settling down at their various locations.
I was posted to Government Day Junior Secondary School, Shuwarin in Kiyawa local government area. I had to take up residency in Dutse due to its closeness to Shuwarin. Staying in Dutse would also make it easier for me to get bits of Information from the Cyber cafe as well as sending e-mails and checking up my e-mail account for mails.
I teach English language, and this I must confess is a herculean task because of the poor foundation of the language in Primary and Secondary schools here. Hausa is the common language spoken, with little emphasis on English.
The school lacks some basic structures necessary for the enhancement of learning; there is no library, toilet facilities and the students don’t even have the required textbooks for the study of English language.
As part of my Community Development Service (C.D.S) under the N.Y.S.C programme, I have decided to provide the school with classroom furniture which are in a state of disrepair especially in the J.S.S I class where the students have to write holding their books by the hand instead of placing them on their desks, because the furniture available is like a bench without table, {but unfortunately, due to the logistics of soliciting for funds for the project ,I couldn’t carry it out}
Meanwhile, I will continue to do my best in imparting the knowledge I have gained to my students, because I ought to in the service to my country.

Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by laga(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2007
onome how far na wa oh . how Timi dey ,na Emeka from Dutse .
Sail on.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by suluv(f): 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hello ex corp members, sorry u might not know me very well.
I served in Dutse General Hospitals,Dutse. batch B 2005/2006
Nice to see u guys on board. My name is Eno-Abasi.
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by Akp2: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2007
@Nedi's

U sound like u know me so well. How are u doing?

@ last post

The death of the female coper actually send shivers down my spine sad cry. I pray that God will grant her eternal rest.

Hope u enjoyed duties in spite of all,
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by samix(m): 2:57am On Aug 22, 2007
helpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!  do you know this face. well this is sammie, Samuel Sodipo, served in dutse.well please guys find me a job before what happened in sept. 1922 happen again.well wish to be back in dutse someday just to see how things are. have really missed jigawa and the extremely scorching sun there.

Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2007
@AKP2
am sorry dear, i dont quite know you am 2006 batch A, but we are all one family here [jigawa ex corp members] i hope you read my NYSC xperience,what do you think?
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ suluv
i knew quite some guys in your batch but i certainly dont know you,how are you doing? do you know the following people in your batch; Omowunmi or Ngozi both of NCCF, if you do,are you still in contact with them,
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by Akp2: 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2007
@nedujizzy

Yes I read abt ur xperience. The part that sent shivers down my spine was the death of the female corp member. to me jigawa is a place i would like to visit again cos it was a mixture of all. Just like u said we are all one (jigawab ex- corpers)
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2007
@Akp2
i quite agree with you,but jigawa is really in dire need of help,there is so much poverty, illiteracy,and underdevelopment,hope the new governor will not disappoint the people this time around, Turaki didnt do much to help them
This picture was taken during our endurane trek and am the one in the midst of those jigawa kids.

Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2007
watch out for my nysc experience part 2,
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2007
watch out for my NYSC experience part 2
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2007
hello guys,you can also share your own experiences while in jigawa state
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2007
hello my people, this thread will become irrelevant and moved to the back waters of nairaland.com if we stop posting comments and pictures, so please keep the flag flying,
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2007
YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT
Hi guys,
I didn't know where to put this, so I decided to post it in here, for anyone who is interested. You know how companies conduct surveys and offer people cash incentives to complete them? Well, here's one of such, and it's specific to residents of Nigeria only.

I know the organisers so I thought I'd help them spread it. It's a Consumer Demographic Survey, aimed for people living in Nigeria and the answers are come out in statistics, so your personal answers are not shown to the people on the other side.

The survey isn't very long - There are no more than 30 questions in total and it will take only about 10-15 mins of your time. At the end of the survey (August 31st), 10 winners will be drawn at random to receive $20 each. I thought this is a free chance to get some extra pocket change (even if you don't need it) so why not? The winners will be notified by text message or e-mail and the survey can only be accessed once, per respondent.

Cheers and all the best!

Heres the link : http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=1b7b7b5b-36e6-4fae-b71b-e2764633538f
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by RuuDie(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2007
My service yr didn't start kicking till the 4th month or thereabouts c'uz i just couldn't come to terms with life in Hadejia. . . . it was so surreal, i mean from Lagos to Hadejia; the difference was very clear and i just couldn't handle it!
but when i did get a hang on things. . . . . i relished every last second!

my workplace was just right. . . . i had good accomodation and lots of fun guys around. really miss 'em all!

watch out 4 my story. . . .
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by nedujizzy(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2007
@Ruudie
which place in Hadeija did you serve?
Re: Jigawa Ex Corp Members Batch A 2006 by Akp2: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2007
Hello All,

Was happening to Turaki corpers? You all have decided to be quite a while.

Hw is work? for those of U working and for those not working, hw is the search?

cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Corp Members: What Is The Next Step After Your Nysc? / Corpers Saved Secondary Student From Suicide / NYSC: Anambra Corps Members Moved To Ebonyi, Imo Over Lack Of Facilities​

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.