Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday (34471 Views)

Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi / SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit / 24 EFCC Operatives Arrested My Son-in-law — Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Elock1: 8:24pm On May 18, 2021
sweerychick:
what is wrong with this country? so people cannot have meeting in peace anymore... op was there any Ipob insignia or Biafran flags or gear during the meeting
I can't confirm that, but people said it was their monthly igbo meeting

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Blackdisciple(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2021
They have started
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by mamaafrik(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:
What was your brother also doing in a gathering of proscribed group..

Leave the story of them being tagged as Igbos, they are
can you just be wise for once??

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by onuman: 8:25pm On May 18, 2021
Elock1:
Good day nairalanders.. some SWAT police arrested some igbo people having their igbo meeting in gospel foundation church, new poultry, Tunga Maje on sunday 16th May 2021 and tagged them IPOB.

They were arrested in broad day light and taken to God knows where.

So far no calls, no whereabouts..we are all clueless.

My aunt's husband happens to be one of them, she has been devastated ever since and she is pregnant.. I'm just scared for her.

What can I do, like a hash tag online, on Twitter or anything at all.

Please HEEELLLLLPPPP!

Which mods do I tag please

But has fear of Biafra finally reduced Buhari’s government to this lowest level?

This is unimaginable in a modern country.
Even Hitlers Nazi police wouldn’t do something like this.

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by jaszplus12(m): 8:26pm On May 18, 2021
Elock1:
baba.. I understand but it has happened already
Sorry about that.... thread carefully from hence, please

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by OgwuEgo: 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
Where is Tungan Maje? I can help if your claims are genuine.
Elock1:
Good day nairalanders.. some SWAT police arrested some igbo people having their igbo meeting in gospel foundation church, new poultry, Tunga Maje on sunday 16th May 2021 and tagged them IPOB.

My aunt's husband happens to be one of them, she has been devastated ever since and she is pregnant.. I'm just scared for her.

Please HEEELLLLLPPPP!

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Abagworo(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
This is the major problem with Nigeria. The strategy being employed by arresting Igbos for the sake of their ethnicity is barbaric as Igbos are the most individualistic ethnic group by nature and have never agreed unanimously on anything.
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by mamaafrik(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
Paste his picture on twitter and let people help you spread it quickly before it is too late .
Unknown soldier fela song come to mind
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by OgwuEgo: 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
Can you send me a mail with more information?
Elock1:
igbo meeting.. Does any agenda warrant them to be unlawfully arrested?

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Elock1: 8:30pm On May 18, 2021
OgwuEgo:
Where is Tungan Maje? I can help if your claims are genuine.
gwagwalada axis
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by OgwuEgo: 8:31pm On May 18, 2021
I need more information, can you send me an email?
Elock1:
gwagwalada axis
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Nbote(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2021
Sskynet:

Igbos in Abuja? If it were to be Owerri or any Eastern state, then u can label them Ipob not people having a peaceful meeting in Abuja. That's wrong.

Oh U didn't see a report where they claimed to have arrested sponsors with databases of members and their units?

2 Likes

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Ahmeduana(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2021
Elock1:
Guy did you even read? Or do you think I'm joking? It's funny to you?
Don't bother responding to him, that guy na CONFIRMED OLORIBURUKU.
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Spuggie: 8:34pm On May 18, 2021
Elock1:
I can't confirm that, but people said it was their monthly igbo meeting

You may want to check that Ngeneukwenu post about some IPOB members that were arrested.
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by onuman: 8:35pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

The truth is bitter even though I understand your worries. This na FG's case oo

Na only prayer you people need

FG. It’s like you see FG as Fulani property.
That minority FG poised to humiliate the largest or 2nd largest ethnic group (Igbo), in today’s Nigeria, shall soon crumble.

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by nedu666: 8:36pm On May 18, 2021
shekauvsbuhari:
. See them. Online mumu dem that can't read. They don't read before commenting because they are in a hurry to earn their stipends.

That's why he has 45000 comments
It was 44000 last week
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by dfrost: 8:36pm On May 18, 2021
Elock1, I didn't want to comment earlier on this topic but for someone whose uncle was arrested, you really have enough time to engage NL monikers? Wow! Just wow! shocked undecided

3 Likes

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by clarocuzioo(m): 8:38pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

Bro , I am not saying you are joking but let's face reality.. Are they the only one who had meeting in the whole Abuja this weekend?

Why didn't police arrest others and tagged them Igbos

What prove do they have that they are IPOB members?

Why have they not let them contact their lawyers or anyone?

Why have they not been charge to court instead of illegally and secretly detaining them?

Indeed there are a lot of educated illiterates on this forum.

Little wonder they voted a dullard like Buhari.

A STUPID PRESIDENT IS ELECTED BY STUPID PEOPLE - IMAM OF PEACE 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by onuman: 8:42pm On May 18, 2021
ceaser:

Oh no. You're sick dude. Really eff'd up sick.

Helinues, your notoriety precedes you. You spare no one any doubt about your antisocial stand. And you keep proving people right about what/who they tag you to be.

Well, I don't know if this info you provided is true or not. But if true, I think it is better to have them charged to court than not even hearing from them at all. They being incommunicado will bring all sorts of most grievous imaginations of what might have befallen 'em, and that is why the OP and his aunt are worried like mad.

Ever since they've been arrested, according to him, they've not been heard from. At least if they're allowed to communicate with their families while in detention, fears will be allayed and the families know that the only thing they need do is to hope for some divine intervention because in Nigeria, finding a good lawyer that could get you out of problem with a dictatorial government with poor human rights record like Nigeria has is near impossible.
Fear the worse. In the eastern region of Nigeria, Jihadists in Nigeria’s armed forces have been taking Igbos away; those taken away were never seen again.

Only a Jihadi government would tag a non violent organization as terrorist group.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by observanc1: 8:45pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

which proscibed group exactly? So whenever igbos have a meeting now, it is ipob meeting.
U know igbos always had meeting even before the infamous 1914 amalgamation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by meccuno: 8:47pm On May 18, 2021
ablejesus26:

Someone will just write something with no iota of evidence and you will outrightly believe it.
Yes the police and Nigerian system in entirety is the worse anyone can find anywhere, but does that mean you should just believe anything you see on the social media with out valid prove.?��
so i should believe you? a young relative of mine was almost killed by the police after he was abducted. please don't annoy me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by chrizzyace: 8:49pm On May 18, 2021
Elock1:

Please HEEELLLLLPPPP!

go to twitter and tag ruggedman
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

Sir,

In as much as your argument may seem valid (I don't agree with you sha), you'll can't deny the fact that most police officers lack professionalism. This would have been a different thing if it was DSS — they don't have such battered record or history, like the Police, of arresting without intelligence or concrete evidence.

Regardless, nor everything should be viewed from the lens of politics. I know you don't align with the ideologies IPOB, it's normal. However I you need to consider the feelings of the OP. It could be anyone. If you're Yoruba or from the North, your relative could be also picked like that (I don't wish you bad). Then imagine if someone wrote you put put here.

Shalom; Peace be unto you sir.

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by buragidi(m): 8:57pm On May 18, 2021
You are derided of sense.
helinues:

Bro , I am not saying you are joking but let's face reality.. Are they the only one who had meeting in the whole Abuja this weekend?

Why didn't police arrest others and tagged them Igbos

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by dyangprof(m): 8:59pm On May 18, 2021
Op, when writing next time, endeavours to give proper and perfect description of incident location. Every details containing state, Town/City, Local Govt, and area of location outght to be stated in ya write up

Don't write to feel every one lives around ya location

Be guided please!

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by ablejesus26(m): 9:04pm On May 18, 2021
meccuno:
so i should believe you? a young relative of mine was almost killed by the police after he was abducted. please don't annoy me

No offense I am not outrightly throwing away this your painful write up into the wastebasket,but you can't take away the reality that people go to any length this days to sell their propaganda. The FG also inclusive.
I wish to escalate this story, but some certain questions will be asked with regards to authenticity.
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by stano2(m): 9:05pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

Have sense for once

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Deserea: 9:06pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Lonelypacifist6: 9:11pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

Can you for once be a decent human being?,Must you politicise everything, Someone's husband has been whisked away by Cops known to be murderous and you're here spilling this?

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by meccuno: 9:13pm On May 18, 2021
ablejesus26:

No offense I am not outrightly throwing away this your painful write up into the wastebasket,but you can't take away the reality that people go to any length this days to sell their propaganda. The FG also inclusive.
I wish to escalate this story, but some certain questions will be asked with regards to authenticity.
police men with no name tags,profled him. northern police men.took him to the bush and demanded money from him. now where he was taken had a stench. foul smell........if not for god he would have been missing . dont ever put your life in the hands of the police or you will regret it. guy, story plenty angry

1 Like

Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by Elidrisy20: 9:14pm On May 18, 2021
kendrick9:
What was the agenda of the meeting?
To distabliz naija
Re: Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday by dabrown01: 9:17pm On May 18, 2021
Go to police station and report. They will be happy to attend to you.

Elock1:
I'm so devastated right now, all I have been hearing I have now witnessed it korokoro... Where can I start any ideas please..

My aunty with Belle just dy vibrate since.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Women Escape From Boko Haram Captivity In Sambisa Forest (photos) / Abacha Loot: UK Backs US, Opposes Fg’s Plan To Pay Bagudu $110m / Boko Haram Burns UN Facilities In Borno, Attacks Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.