Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? (10916 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring?

Yes: 79% (128 votes)
No: 20% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 9:12am On May 01, 2011
So because women expect everything already in the guy's house and life, they've forgotten dowry is the set of things she and her people bring to start the union. Again men do not reject a thing, I grew up to hear my mum tell me about the pots, small and big, pistol and ladies machine she came to my dad's house with.These days, they call dowry another thing and we still pay bride price. Dowry is for u and ur people and we pay the bride price to rope us in.Nobody is happy proposing any more.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by gingike: 9:59am On May 01, 2011
Ring can lost, but if the feelings are strong, the marriage will last even without ring smiley

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be the storyteller of the year !!!!

What you have to do?
Very simple !!!
Write your story anything that happened with you, or arround you this could be politics,love,health,magic,or anything that can attract people to vote for you. Post it in forums

http://www.newnigeriatube.com/forum

The competition runs from 30 April 2011 to 30 June 2011
The prize is a new Sony laptop
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by naijangel7(f): 10:52am On May 01, 2011
ferdiii:

So because women expect everything already in the guy's house and life, they've  forgotten dowry is the set of things she and her people bring to start the union. Again men do not reject a thing, I grew up to hear my mum tell me about the pots, small and big pistol and ladies machine she came to my dad's house with.These days, they call dowry another thing and we still pay bride price. Dowry is for u and your people and we pay the bride price to rope us in.Nobody is happy proposing any more.

WOOOOOW!!!! Abeg no be pistol, na  pestle. Pistol ke? i was expecting to see "pistol and ladies machine gun" right there!  cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 11:09am On May 01, 2011
What if the ring he proposed with is not her finger size or to her taste?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by sirwebs(m): 11:13am On May 01, 2011
naijangel7:

WOOOOOW!!!! Abeg no be pistol, na  pestle. Pistol ke? i was expecting to see "pistol and ladies machine gun" right there!  cheesy cheesy grin grin

S & M to make sure he doesn't beat you up lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by osajojo(m): 11:16am On May 01, 2011
Forget this ring stuff. The other day a guy tried proposing putting a ring in a cup of ice cream but bad enuf the girl swallowed the ring. cuases too much anxiety. marry who u want to marry and forget these protocol.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by naijangel7(f): 11:31am On May 01, 2011
jennykadry:

What if the ring he proposed with is not her finger size or to her taste?

Then they can take it back and change it to her size and taste. people do that everyday and the sellers understand that too. the ring is only symbolic to show that the proposal was well thought-out and no be secondary school love. It doesn't even have to be an expensive ring, it's just symbolic.

sirwebs:

S & M to make sure  he doesn't beat you up lipsrsealed embarassed

S & W, you mean? LOL
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by isalegan2: 11:36am On May 01, 2011
rokiatu:

honestly I would be terribly disappointed if a man propose to me without a ring.
I know that marriage is not about the ring blah blah blah but the ring and the proposal go hand in hand.

P.S I would still marry my current bf if he propose without a ring.

Good for you then.  Not aware of any African culture where the engagement ring, or wedding ring, is a tradition, so who cares about a ring.  A fabulous wedding does not signify a fabulous marriage; and do you really need a ring to remind you you have a husband or wife at home waiting for you. lol  

We won't kill ourselves with this copy-foju of Oyinbo people sha.   grin

To the guy who keeps proposing and losing his engagement rings, if you're gonna practice the western culture, better read up on it first.  In some cases the ring should be returned, and in some cases, not.  So, be prepared next time.  Especially if you're the one breaking off the engagement.  wink
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by UncleJJ(m): 11:39am On May 01, 2011
When you propose to girl with a ring that means you are "Technically" automatically engaged on the scene if she say's yes.

But, in Nigeria , if @poster is a "Nigerian" like many of us, you do not get engaged without your parents consent, this still apply to spanish and italian girls from what i heard.

How can a girl accept a ring in this country, when her family never evaluate meet the guy .

Is it, true our girl now think they kinda Americans, Rings are for engagement parties and wedding's not when a man ask a girl to marry him.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Wislet(f): 11:49am On May 01, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] Well, the hype about the ring might not be unfounded, especially in this time & age when some (if not many) have become players. He could as well propose to 50 different girls without a ring, his proposing to you would make no difference. Though it would make you wonder if he probably asked someone the same question before coming to you, maybe a game of 'whoever accepts will be the one'. That's where the ring comes into play. BECAUSE NO REASONABLE MAN will want to propose to and give different girls ring at the same time. Cos giving of ring will be sacred to them too. I GUESS BEFORE A RESPECTABLE GUY WILL THINK OF BUYING A RING AT ALL, HE MUST HAVE BEEN SURE HE WAS READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP, AND THAT SHE WAS THE WOMAN HE WANTED. So, YES, it does play a significant role. At least for her to know that it has gone from play to a very serious business. And YES also, it DOES NOT mean a stable marriage or anything. But it's good to call what is sacred sacred, and do it with class. Give it distinction & the honour it deserves. By the way, any rifraff could propose to anyone anytime.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by 2goodbobo(m): 12:07pm On May 01, 2011
am a guy but i think is inappropriate to proposed with no ring.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by isalegan2: 12:27pm On May 01, 2011
Depends on the man. If your word is your bond, then you don't need it. But do carry on. cool
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by otokx(m): 12:52pm On May 01, 2011
interesting topic
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by suwailad(f): 1:32pm On May 01, 2011
@topic
any need? Coz there are many young girls here with rubber bag marriages without a ring, staying and having sex with a man everyday. So it doesnt matter lol.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Wislet(f): 1:58pm On May 01, 2011
suwailad:

@topic
any need? Coz there are many young girls here with rubber bag marriages without a ring, staying and having sex with a man everyday. So it doesnt matter lol.
We're talking about those that understand the meaning of relationship and marriage, not jokers.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 01, 2011
naijangel7:

Then they can take it back and change it to her size and taste. people do that everyday and the sellers understand that too. the ring is only symbolic to show that the proposal was well thought-out and no be secondary school love. It doesn't even have to be an expensive ring, it's just symbolic.

ROTFLMAO, who told you sellers always understand? It is no news that even playboys propose with rings to their-hard-to-get-gf's just to get underneath her skirts, what will you call that? Hit-and-run-symbolic-I- will-not-die-for-you-loff? undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by obongtunji: 2:20pm On May 01, 2011
Ring or no ring most important thing is that there is understanding.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On May 01, 2011
It is never about the ring, it is about the heart, and when the moment is right, though no ring, yeah
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Sike(m): 2:41pm On May 01, 2011
Wot if SHE said 'NO' wit a reasonable 'EXCUSE'. Wot wil hapoon 2d 'RING'?
Itz berra 2be sure she wil accept b4 u aproach her wit a ring 2 avoid 'EELA'
#justsaying
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by texazzpete(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2011
Sike:

Wot if SHE said 'NO' wit a reasonable 'EXCUSE'. Wot wil hapoon 2d 'RING'?
Itz berra 2be sure she wil accept b4 u aproach her wit a ring 2 avoid 'EELA'
#justsaying

My friend bought an expensive ring, flew from the UK to Nigeria to propose to his gf. Unknown to him, she had been seeing someone else and she said NO (he didn't find out about the 'someone else' until the next year).
As soon as she said No, he went back to the UK and threw the ring into the Thames river grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Bawss1(m): 3:18pm On May 01, 2011
^ He could have gone back to the store he bought the ring from and told them he wanted to return it, (but thats assuming they have one of those cash back deals) otherwise he could have just pawned it off. . . or saved it for his next girl. smiley
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by DEEHASAL(m): 4:13pm On May 01, 2011
Proposing with or without ring is secondary to actual feelings,
If the guy is right,mood is ok,feelings is genuine and unflinching,ring is Secondary,
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by eliyahu(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2011
naijangel7:

S & W, you mean? LOL

While it is true, you can return the ring if its the wrong size, some ladies believe dat as a serious guy you should know the size of her ring and at the same time you are not supposed to ask her cos its supposed to be a surprise.

Ladies, how do we know the size of your ring if we cant ask you and u don't wear any we can steal to find out.

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 01, 2011
texazzpete:

My friend bought an expensive ring, flew from the UK to Nigeria to propose to his gf. Unknown to him, she had been seeing someone else and she said NO (he didn't find out about the 'someone else' until the next year).
As soon as she said No, he went back to the UK and threw the ring into the Thames river  grin

chxta? sad
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Abali1(m): 9:04pm On May 01, 2011
Initially I  thought this whole proposing to a girl with a ring is actually sacred as some people have said (and a tiny part of me still believe that). But I have seen certain things to make me believe that ring or no ring your woman will accept to marry you, no questions asked.

For those saying that a ring is sacred, what will you then say of  a woman who punned her WEDDING RING cos she just wanted to get back at her husband for what he did. shocked

In my own case I was not the cause of the break up, yet she refused to return my ring. And the funny thing about the other girls that didn't accept my proposal is that they are still seeing me and still having se.x with me, even when I have made it clear that refusal to accept my proposal means that the relationship is technically over.

I just can't understand women, and I'm not trying to. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Abali1(m): 9:13pm On May 01, 2011
Initially I thought this whole proposing to a girl with a ring is actually sacred as some people have said (and a tiny part of me still believe that). But I have seen certain things to make me believe that ring or no ring your woman will accept to marry you, no questions asked.

For those saying that a ring is sacred, what will you then say of a woman who punned her WEDDING RING cos she just wanted to get back at her husband for what he did.

In my own case I not was the cause of the break up, yet she refused to return my ring. And the funny thing about the other girls that didn't accept my proposal is that they are still seeing me and still having se.x with me, even when I have made it clear that refusal to accept my proposal means that the relationship is technically over.

I just can't understand women, and I'm not trying to.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by femeluaka(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2011
i wouldnt know cos am happily single.but come to think of it,engagement is not our thing,therefore,i doesnt really matter.LET'S BE REAL[b][/b]
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by pweetyme1: 10:18pm On May 01, 2011
Some churches dat dont do jewellry dont do rings as well, some ppl therefore get married wiv a bible not a ring. In essence, its not the ring that matters, itz just a symbol of union. I'll definitely like to be proposed to wiv a ring buh doesnt mean i'd say no if d guy proposes without 1, itz sumfin u culd get 2geda @ nytym jo, wat matters most is dat he wants to marry me, n if i wanna marry him aswell grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Musiwa13: 10:45pm On May 01, 2011
are you serious
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:40pm On May 01, 2011
congregation of gays. Just look at them
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by naijangel7(f): 11:52pm On May 01, 2011
jennykadry:

ROTFLMAO, who told you sellers always understand? It is no news that even playboys propose with rings to their-hard-to-get-gf's just to get underneath her skirts, what will you call that? Hit-and-run-symbolic-I- will-not-die-for-you-loff? undecided

And when it's without a ring he's not a playboy? what's your point? And even marriages break up, so if the sellers don't understand, that one na normal. Nothing new.

eliyahu:

While it is true, you can return the ring if its the wrong size, some ladies believe dat as a serious guy you should know the size of her ring and at the same time you are not supposed to ask her cos its supposed to be a surprise.

Ladies, how do we know the size of your ring if we cant ask you and u don't wear any we can steal to find out.

Yes, it's more beautiful as a surprise. More romantic. As for the size, if she dosn't have other rings you could "steal", u can playfully hold her hand up to yours in a relaxed moment and use style and play play to determine her engagement finger size in comparison to any of your own fingers then when you're shopping for the ring, test the ring on that finger of yours that matches hers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If una no gree gimme money, contract and connections nko? / Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) / A Weekend Get-Away With Wifey! !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.