Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? (10909 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring?

Yes: 79% (128 votes)
No: 20% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by babyme1(f): 8:40am On Apr 29, 2011
YES!!

He gave me a kiss as a sign of his love and commitment grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ifyalways(f): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2011
I did and wud do it all over again

What's in a ring by the way

Did Adam give Eve any ring?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by armyofone(m): 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2011
Kai!! this recession bad o, na so person broke reach grin

propose to me without any ring? shocked
no come near at all at all.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
armyofone:

Kai!! this recession bad o, na so person broke reach grin

propose to me without any ring? shocked
no come near at all at all.

So if I buy you gala and propose with rubber band you wont accept?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Bawss1(m): 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2011
^Armyofone won't accept because he is a GUY!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by r231(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
it depends
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by OAM4J: 4:55am On Apr 30, 2011
If she wants a ring, let her go to a jewelery shop and buy

I no dey for all these kneeling down, reciting love poem and presenting a ring to propose jor

What is wrong with asking; you go do or you no wan do? if she says yes she get a hug and a kiss, she says no, i tell am; bye bye busybody and move on to jenny

By the time I sample ten of them for yaba left, one go say I go do. grin

just kidding ni o
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by HotieTima(f): 7:36am On Apr 30, 2011
i would marry him without a ring, i don't want the ring i want him wink wink wink wink wink as long as i have him i am done
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2011
Hotie Tima:

i would marry him without a ring, i don't want the ring i want him wink wink wink wink wink as long as i have him i am done
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by HotieTima(f): 7:45am On Apr 30, 2011
rokiatu:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i wish ur eyes pop out angry angry angry
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 30, 2011
I am really shocked.

I mistake you for the materialistic type lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by HotieTima(f): 7:52am On Apr 30, 2011
rokiatu:

I am really shocked.

I mistake you for the materialistic type lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

if only i had the power right now, i wouldn't shoot u and u call ur self my best friend angry angry angry angry
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2011
Hotie Tima:

if only i had the power right now, i wouldn't shoot u and u call your self my best friend angry angry angry angry
Pardon my ignorance. grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by HotieTima(f): 7:58am On Apr 30, 2011
rokiatu:

Pardon my ignorance. grin grin grin grin

apology not accepted
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 30, 2011
Jump off a cliff then undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by HotieTima(f): 8:04am On Apr 30, 2011
rokiatu:

Jump off a cliff then undecided

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by eghost247(m): 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2011
Yeah
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2011
Coco chanel or gucci should do the trick.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kobikwelu(m): 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2011
wot is there in a ring,  **rme**

too musch movie watching,

considering the fact that i am single, ,

ill defer on my comments, but how many marriages (in nigeria especially) does a guy give a lady a ring as he is proposing,

most times, after  "kpanshing"/eating a lovely meal  tongue tongue

the guy asks the lady that we wants to marry her, if she says yes,

the next day they both go and  get the ring of her choice,

simple!!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by bamosagie(m): 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
hmm,
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2011
why waste your time with a dude who cant even afford a copper ring>>.!!!<< I guess u are letting yourselves in for a tough one, !¬!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by BB101: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2011
the ring doesnt really but it would go a long way in elaborating clearly that you are serious with the proposal

www.techblog.com.ng
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by glorex(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2011
first of all make i ask Na ring them won chop? cut the crap ring or no ring marriage is marriage i will propose to my wife either ring or no ring the koko Na your heart.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kandiikane(m): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2011
I'd rather have a dowry than ring.

With the some of the money for the dowry I can use it to get myself a nice diamond ring smiley

These days men are forgetting  the dowry(depending on culture, could be vise versa), just go get cheap ring from Argos and say they want to many you.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by naijangel7(f): 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2011
The phrasing of the topic is funny. Hard to imagine someone saying no to someone she would have said yes to just because he didn't have a ring! i would be really mad at my guy if he proposes without a ring o! him go see yawa that day. i hope he surprises me with a romantic proposal and a ring. i don't want to see the proposal coming beforehand and i don't want to pick the ring with him. we can always take it back if i don't like it. But the proposal has to be a pleasant, romantic surprise!  wink
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by eliyahu(m): 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2011
This is quite surprising to me as more ladies (who have made comments) seem not to see a big deal in the ring issue, my proposal to my girlfriend is currently delayed for 2 months simply because ive not got her ring yet. (definitely not cost implications)

Actual reason is that I dont know her ring size yet (she currently doesnt wear a ring) and its pretty difficult getting someone to ask for me or to find out.
Left to me i would have gone ahead to propose but im so sure she'll be mad at me if I propose without a ring or if I get a ring she doesnt like or not her size.

How I wish she was like most girls here, I would have forgotten about proposal and probably started wedding plans.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Lotterysun: 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2011
undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Lotterysun: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2011
Keep on waiting for RING until you are too young!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Princek12(m): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2011
what if it is an Aba-made ring? If it is the love that really matters, neither the price tag nor the genuineness of the diamonds in the ring should matter. Abi? Love is stronger than money or material things.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by princeonx: 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
I proposed with a ring e be like say i still dey pay for am sef but my girl now wife still no happy because I no go down on one knee! I tell her say she lucky say no be her papa I first go ask grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by premedshow: 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2011
It's a cultural thing for the guy to put a ring on a woman's finger if he wants to get married to her. Every normal human being knows that so I would find it rather interesting if he doesn't, or maybe he wants someone else to do that for him! I would wonder how serious the guy would take me without a ring on my fingers, may be I would call it secondary school proposal!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by princeonx: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2011
premedshow:

It's a cultural thing for the guy to put a ring on a woman's finger if he wants to get married to her. Every normal human being knows that so I would find it rather interesting if he doesn't, or maybe he wants someone else to do that for him! I would wonder how serious the guy would take me without a ring on my fingers, may be I would call it secondary school proposal!

says who? whose culture and since when? are you saying our grandparents also propsed and bought rings? only few of them saved up and bought rings for church wedding others simply ask the girl's parent for her hand in marriage and she'll be lucky if their is a wedding after her bride price is paid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Best Brand Of Freezer To Buy In Nigeria? / Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? / A Weekend Get-Away With Wifey! !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.