Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,170 members, 7,849,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? (10925 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring?

Yes: 79% (128 votes)
No: 20% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Abali1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2011
I think I'm beginning to understand certain things. I have made about three proposals (without a ring) to three different ladies and yet they didn't accept my proposals. If I ask them what the problem is, they will say it's nothing.

But the problem with me is that, I once proposed to a lady with a ring and she accepted but we later didn't marry and she never returned my ring. sad sad sad

I just decided that my future wife will have to accept my proposal first and even at I will get the engagement ring when am buying the wedding ring. No more surprises. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2011
LOL.

Only in Naija is this even possible.

anyway Im not gonna even read the thread as Im sure they will be many akuse that will defend this garbage.

I wsh persin well.

Btw why are men replying this thread? all these homosexuals on this board
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by princeonx: 11:22pm On Apr 30, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:
LOL.Only in Naija is this even possible. anyway Im not gonna even read the thread as Im sure they will be many akuse that will defend this garbage.I wsh persin well.Btw why are men replying this thread? all these homosexuals on this board
And how many percent of the non-naija, expensive ring, and western proposals last?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2011
prince_onx:

And how many percent of the non-naija, expensive ring, and western proposals last?

how come the Naija weddings that have a ring are still thriving?

You need to stop with the illiterate logic. Im sure the are plenty little girls that will fall for such daft excuses so they wont be seen as "gold-diggers" on the almighty Nairaland. cheesy cheesy

when it comes to expense, Nigerians remember they are africans, for everything else they go back to kissing white people yansh

Kolomental lunatics.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2011
once again the title of thread is obviously for WOMEN. You homos need to stop replying in feminine threads. It's embarrassing.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by princeonx: 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2011
Abali1:

I think I'm beginning to understand certain things. I have made about three proposals (without a ring) to three different ladies and yet they didn't accept my proposals. If I ask them what the problem is, they will say it's nothing.

But the problem with me is that, I once proposed to a lady with a ring and she accepted but we later didn't marry and she never returned my ring. sad sad sad

I just decided that my future wife will have to accept my proposal first and even at I will get the engagement ring when am buying the wedding ring. No more surprises. tongue tongue tongue

Bros you sure say you no get call from above? maybe you go turn Rev. Father ohh! so the next proposal will make it four? abeg use ring oh make we know where the problem dey come from!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kodewrita(m): 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2011
He wan book flat with post-dated cheque. Naija sha. cunning.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by seedord247(m): 11:35pm On Apr 30, 2011
I can smell some Gay's in da House. cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by princeonx: 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
@thiefofhearts:
To answer your question:
Those marriages didn't fail because there are lots of other reasons why marriages work or fail and RING is not one of them! we can discuse more on this topic when you get married, but for now there is really no reason to be rude so enjoy your thread!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:03am On May 01, 2011
Do you even know the meaning of thrive? I said why do the ones stiill THRIVE despite the presence of a ring?

Go back to school instead of following women around in their threads. Bloody adodi.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Princek12(m): 12:05am On May 01, 2011
premedshow:

It's a cultural thing for the guy to put a ring on a woman's finger if he wants to get married to her. Every normal human being knows that so I would find it rather interesting if he doesn't,  or maybe he wants someone else to do that for him! I would wonder how serious the guy  would take me without a ring on my fingers, may be I would call it secondary school proposal!

colo mentality. I am not saying that putting a ring on a girl's finger does not symbolize engagement, but I would not take it so far as to say that "every normal human being" knows that it is a cultural thing for the guy to put a ring on a woman's finger. That practice finds its roots in western tradition, and diamond marketers pushed it to the fore for obvious reasons.

But don't sound like an illiterate by saying it is a cultural thing, as there are many cultures who do not engage in the western practice of putting rings on a woman's finger as a symbolism of engagement.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by BABE3: 12:06am On May 01, 2011
If he proposed to me with this vERSACE (not sure if it is) instead, then No P. cool

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by princeonx: 12:18am On May 01, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Do you even know the meaning of thrive? I said why do the ones stiill THRIVE despite the presence of a ring?

Go back to school instead of following women around in their threads. Bloody adodi.

Your mum should have listen to your dad if you have one. Abortion would have done her good instead of having this thing called you! I skiped "didn't" fool
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:26am On May 01, 2011
and that harlot you call a mother should have swallowed you like she does for the rest of her clients.

Phaggot! cheesy
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by nnenaeze(f): 12:26am On May 01, 2011
I would tolerate it but he has to make it up to me later  grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:28am On May 01, 2011
You can always tell the Igbo boys on the board. They always swarm around threads like this cos they're typical akuses who whine about anything that involves money plus they are utterly disgusting and rude. No wonder Igbo girls are now marrying Yoruba boys, even Hausa boys better than you.  grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by HighChief4(m): 12:48am On May 01, 2011
^^^Did an Igbo guy just break your heart? How many of them have you dated to come up with such assertion? Your posts are full of hatred, you need to tone down ok. This is just a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion so you need to accomodate them too or move on instead of calling names and insulting people's mum.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:56am On May 01, 2011
Lol they are still using the same "abuse" since 2006. I dont date akatas and that is what yall are.

High Chief the fact that you would come after me and not that adodi with what he said about abortions (something that happens more in his wretched family) proves that you are a hypocrite so gtfo.

Alanu Samaria oshi  cheesy
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kodewrita(m): 12:59am On May 01, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

You can always tell the Igbo boys on the board. They always swarm around threads like this cos they're typical akuses who whine about anything that involves money plus they are utterly disgusting and rude. No wonder Igbo girls are now marrying Yoruba boys, even Hausa boys better than you.  grin
ThiefOfHearts:

and that harlot you call a mother should have swallowed you like she does for the rest of her clients.

Phaggot!  cheesy
seedord247:

I can smell some Gay's in da House.  cheesy cheesy

All, Please shut up. this is an open forum and until there are controls that allow you to lock down or restrict access, ANYBODY can pass comment.

Does the fact that you have the male paraphenalia mean that your brain will not register an instant opinion on seeing this title?

NLanders and the useless airs they put on.

Next time, state clearly: WOMEN ONLY and even then, expect a comment.
High_Chief:

^^^Did an Igbo guy just break your heart? How many of them have you dated to come up with such assertion? Your posts are full of hatred, you need to tone down ok. This is just a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion so you need to accomodate them too or move on instead of calling names and insulting people's mum.
Thanks for providing much needed wisdom and adult supervision.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:03am On May 01, 2011
awon ajeyan ti de cry
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kodewrita(m): 1:20am On May 01, 2011
akata, lo tun yoruba e ko dada. O gbo koja eyi to wa lenu e.

didirin.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:28am On May 01, 2011
iya e ni didirin. asinwin. abeg go back to kissing akata yansh

"peacemaker" of awon were.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kodewrita(m): 1:51am On May 01, 2011
omo osan.

aini iya gidi ni wahala e. pele, wa to gboyun nisin. Ota aje.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:06am On May 01, 2011
Dude I'm not reading your garbage so you can continue foaming at the mouth. Quit being a phaggot and stop arguing with women. Gosh, get a backbone and go run your mouth in Sports. This mess you are causing here is just embarrassing
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by sleekman(m): 2:39am On May 01, 2011
I prefer the old way of proposals. I'm Ishan and we propose with beads.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:41am On May 01, 2011
^Cute but shouldnt it be more about what she wants?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by lovemoi2(f): 6:53am On May 01, 2011
I have seen worst.  A man i am supposed to get  in prison with  married to expects me to  pay for the registry and the  weding lol gringrin Though if he is ready for a marriage of convinience i will go ahead and get it over with hehe wink

i only choose to get married to make my african peeps happy.   wink tongue grin

procreation is another reason. Wana see my mini me smiley
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by izeek(m): 7:18am On May 01, 2011
Seems the main issue has been disregarded here.
The question i believe should have been how many nigerian guys propose maraige really.
The norm has always been that the girl either keeps asking the guy"when r u coming to see my people", or the guy wakes up one morning and tells her " lets go and see ur people". Inn between all this, no ring changes hands. Its the girl who eventually buys herself an engagment ring when she is sure she is "the one". Thats the naija way.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by izeek(m): 7:19am On May 01, 2011
The question i believe should have been how many nigerian guys propose maraige really.
The norm has always been that the girl either keeps asking the guy"when r u coming to see my people", or the guy wakes up one morning and tells her " lets go and see ur people". Inn between all this, no ring changes hands. Its the girl who eventually buys herself an engagment ring when she is sure she is "the one". Thats the naija way.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kodewrita(m): 8:39am On May 01, 2011
frankly, I feel its all protocol but since her emotions are important to me, I dont want to spend the next 50+ years hearing over the dinner table that I proposed without a ring.

But seriously why would a dude do that?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kodewrita(m): 8:47am On May 01, 2011
izeek:

The norm has always been that the girl either keeps asking the guy"when r u coming to see my people", or the guy wakes up one morning and tells her " lets go and see your people". Inn between all this, no ring changes hands. Its the girl who eventually buys herself an engagment ring when she is sure she is "the one". Thats the naija way.
thats new. My assumption was that she keeps bugging him until he finally gathers some courage to go visit the parents. Comes back after the ordeal and THEN BUYS the ring for her. never tried it though. but thats what I'd prefer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage / Marriage : Define A Wrong Person? / Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.