Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,494 members, 7,843,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? (10919 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring?

Yes: 79% (128 votes)
No: 20% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by iceadenji(m): 5:47pm On May 03, 2011
I think it is just a ritual and it is not important at all I would definitely have no problems in saying yes to some one who doesn't give me a ring.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by oluseyeade(m): 5:51pm On May 03, 2011
ice-adenji:

I think it is just a ritual and it is not important at all I would definitely have no problems in saying yes to some one who doesn't give me a ring.

How can you say that I mean Wouldn't it feel incomplete and wired a proposal without a ring and also the ring is something that is always their to remind you that you are engaged ?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by 190: 6:16pm On May 03, 2011
rokiatu:

How is that related to this topic? undecided

Seriously moderator, where are you?

Rokiatu u are among the people give that deranged animal power!!

@ALL

Sorry my bad, I only came here for Jenny
I don comot grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 03, 2011
I don't know who you are talking about and I don't even want to know.

I don't know why would another one called another person "an animal" undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by 190: 6:28pm On May 03, 2011
^well go to the romance section complaint thread you would see your animal there
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by HotieTima(f): 4:00am On May 04, 2011
rokiatu:

I don't know who you are talking about and I don't even want to know.

I don't know why would another one called another person "an animal" undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lol killing me i can't stop laughing man
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by doctorT(m): 5:58am On May 04, 2011
The ring na love?? The most important thing is to propose, marry and have a happy home.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 04, 2011
doctorT:

The ring na love?? The most important thing is to propose, marry and have a happy home.
Abi oo. Wot of if he proposed wit diamond ring and ended up to break the engagement later? wot wuldu tell family and friends that hve seen u wit d ringg? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:47pm On May 04, 2011
ice-adenji:

I would definitely have no problems in saying yes to some one who doesn't give me a ring.

Are you referring to your upcoming gay wedding?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 04, 2011
ROFL I beg o cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by nethacker(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2011
its so pathetic to see hw ladies attach so much importance to ring  embarassed embarassed wat if he gives d ring wit an impure heart?wat if he stole d ring? what happens to d feelings if d ring is damn so important.
A ring doesnt mean dat a man wont disregard d sacredness of togetherness. this is y d marriages of old still works better dan d new generation marriages because so many materials r hidden under d umbrella of LOVE. "i want a diamond ring, a platinum band n all sorts." RUBBISH.
well me i don see a guy wey propose to 4 different babes with a ring sha @ d same time @ different places.Na one e choose and d remaining 3 collapsed  grin grin grin . A guy proposing wit a ring is not tantamount to seriousness  tongue tongue so wake up some block-headed daughters of eve angry angry angry
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Pweety4me(f): 2:11am On May 05, 2011
Well it depends, afterall a proposal is just the beginning u won't be getting married that day!and sometimes people can be engaged for ages undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by kandiikane(m): 2:13am On May 05, 2011
What is the use of getting engaged when you are not going to get married within the following year? undecided
It silly really
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Pweety4me(f): 2:15am On May 05, 2011
Me no know, make u na ask dem.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by sasimalia(f): 6:30pm On May 05, 2011
I absolutely would, lol. I am engaged and from where I am from it means that my friend (boyfriend) has let his intentions known before his family and has asked my family for my hand in marriage and becomes at that moment my fiance. To me that is way more important than me saying yes to him putting a ring on my finger in the privacy of a romantic date. In my culture the man comes with a limited number of his people to ask for what the brideprice that is required would be (once the man has been approved of course), and at that moment he comes with the engagement ring (in the presence of both families) to make the engagement official and that is last step before the traditional wedding.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 05, 2011
all of you who said that you wouldn't be upset if your guy proposed without a ring are liars.
even if it's a CZ or an unconventional ring, there must be a ring there. you just get a ring that is within your budget. not everyone's ring has to have humongous diamonds on it, but there must be something there.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by meluv1(f): 6:38pm On May 07, 2011
hmmmm.i think i can oh but the ring is just preferrable cos it shows a sign of commitment.besides it is 1 of the many things some of the ladies fantasize about,   the bottom line is a successful marriage after all wink
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by amenking: 8:08pm On May 10, 2011
how can som1 propose 2 me witout a ring?that makes her unserious then,
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by armyofone(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2011
abi ooo grin

Humming

man man dey suffer but money dey yab man
man man dey suffer but money dey yab man.

missed listening to mom singing the song man man dey suffer but money dey yab man

na money yab man wey no fit propose to a lady without ring. whichever way una try to hide the inadequacy grin grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? by dayokanu(m): 8:32pm On May 10, 2011
^^ My dear na so we see am oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marriage : Define A Wrong Person? / Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins / A Weekend Get-Away With Wifey! !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.