Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July (39224 Views)

What Is Tapswap? Why Nigerians Are Tapping Their Phone Screens / Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC / When A Phone Imei Number Is Changed, Can It Still Be Tracked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by israelp(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2021
DigitalyYours:
Very soon people will also submit their ATM PINS
grin grin make em kukuma kee us grin
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MickzyDonald: 10:22am On May 21, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Not really, his whole paranoid, ignorant gullible comment are based on religious sentiments and God.
It's well bro
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by detectivejones: 10:23am On May 21, 2021
Uptil now they've not been able to link people's NIN and still sending annoying messages, now they want to start another one confused bunch
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by damienwayne(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2021
Splitmind:
This is a welcome development, anyone who refuses to register must be shot without trail.
Don’t you get tired of being dangerously stupid!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by jaxxy(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Total bulshit! You don't have to use a mobile phone it is not by force to use a mobile device either. So if you you don't want to give them your mobile IMEI don't use a mobile phone simple!! Next you will be the first to yap rubbish about insecurities in the country.

Even your so called sky God would have registered his mobile phone to stop insecurities in his sky country. grin

Rapture my butt!

U allow herdsmen and bandits to ravage the country then cry u want to fight insecurity by collecting out personal data?? Are u not a criminal??!!!!!
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by joinpreneur(m): 10:24am On May 21, 2021
MansoryMX:

Since a very long long time ago, Nigeria government no longer practice the constitution!

Corruption is a big threat to the faithfulness of any leader or followers to the laws of the land. More easier to be submissive when it's the followers, but to the angle of leaders, violations become easier than submissiveness for they are the custodians. Nigeria has not had a successfully patriotic leaders. I understand the word patriotic has been abused long time ago here and around. But patriotic has everything to do with loyalty, ability to dislodge any interest that attempts to sabotage the interests of other people. I tell you the origin of the problem, Nigeria is not blessed with patriotic leaders. Although, we've been pretending, but what's going on currently in the nation is too deafening and glaring to the degree that even a deaf and dumb, blind persons are crying. It ought not to be so. Whatever can make another man or group subscribe to conflict of interest such that he places his or their own interests to sabotage another persons, there's no codename given to it than impunity. There must be a private agenda attached deep down, take it or leave it. End of story!
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by NobleDeSage001: 10:25am On May 21, 2021
This announcement is so unnecessary.
As much as I know, the IMEI details of any mobile phone can be retrieved remotely without the knowledge of the phone's user.

The IMEI details of every mobile device that has ever hit or connected to a cell tower of a Nigerian mobile service provider is in their database.

What I expect the government to do is to ask the service providers to transmit such details to their own database and nobody will hear about it.

How do you think that Police detectives track criminals? They reach out to service providers, get the IMEI details of the phone and they start tracking the location based on which masts it connected to.

This government and their advisers eeh, una case don tire Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Aduroja123(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2021
The failure of the government to embark upon an effective database led them to this.

To me, it's a good move.

This will really create a pathway for them to further trap and entrap our human right even makes it easier for the government to shutdown the internet during any election thus eradicating transparency in the democratic system.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by kingmsookwagh(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2021
Charleys:
Which kind mad people wey Nigerians vote for government. So if I submit, I no go buy new phone again?
you go still update with them as you get the new one....

Hehehehehehehe.....patami don dey finalize him move....
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Sunnyboy01(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2021
I get coconut head,I no go submit
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2021
If we no gree submit am, shey dem go block our phones..

Na Najite say make I ask make e for no lost...
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by israelmao(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2021
I will surrender mine after Buhari's exit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Calitoscassius(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2021
jaxxy:

U allow herdsmen and bandits to ravage the country then cry u want to fight insecurity by collecting out personal data?? Are u not a criminal??!!!!!
for your informations I am not in support of nigerian government collecting moblie phones IME1 they have no right to do that. They could not even provide common electricity. Only the law enforcement and they need warrant from the court to even do that. Get it!! grin

The reason for my response to that individual is because he claims that collecting data is beacuse RAPTURE is coming. What kinda paranoia is that?

If you call me a criminal i will take that as a compliment thank you! grin
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by israelp(m): 10:31am On May 21, 2021
NobleDeSage001:
This announcement is so unnecessary.
As much as I know, the IMEI details of any mobile phone can be retrieved remotely without the knowledge of the phone's user.

The IMEI details of every mobile device that has ever hit or connected to a cell tower of a Nigerian mobile service provider is in their database.

What I expect the government to do is to ask the service providers to transmit such details to their own database and nobody will hear about it.

How do you think that Police detectives track criminals? They reach out to service providers, get the IMEI details of the phone and they start tracking the location based on which masts it connected to.

This government and their advisers eeh, una case don tire Nigerians.
dnt worry i will change my imel to urz so dat dy cn track u
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Calitoscassius(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2021
MickzyDonald:

It's well bro
if you say so.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Jsaviour(f): 10:33am On May 21, 2021
By the time the Islamic terrorists Buhari and pantami finish with Nigerians, there will only be skeletons and zombies remaining.

Sai baba.

So bvn, nin is not enough. It's now IMEI

Believe me, the north doesn't go through this stress, it's only the south.

By the time you drop your IMEI, your life is finished.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by na2016: 10:36am On May 21, 2021
Pierocash:
They don't have to tell the masses to do that. Mobile Phone dealers are supposed to do that.

For every mobile imported into the country, a proper documentation of the IMEI should be carried out before selling out to the public.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2021
How on earth will I submit information that can be used to track me to an organisation which is headed by somebody with terrorism allegation hanging on his neck ? Nigerians, funny set of gullible people,they can protest against police brutality but have kept quiet in the face of bigger threats to their lives - terrorism !

In a sane clime,people would have been on the streets by now and would not leave there until a doubtful character like Pantami is removed from such sensitive position and subjected to thorough investigations. Nigerians,what a strange set of people ! They have even forgotten about Pantami and the potential danger he represents. A litre of petrol is about to sell for N385.00,they are okay with it Eventually when that comes into effect, they will grumble for one or two days and then move on ! What a people,gullible people !

What does it take a smart mind to know that what's going on in Nigeria now is nothing but war and the enemy is doing everything to be at advantage or gain upper hand. I sincerely pity people of southern extractions who are yet to come to term with the reality. What we have now is not a religious war but that of superiority, that's racial superiority war !

All southerners must come together irrespective of their real and imaginary differences to confront the common enemy. Igbo need Yoruba,Yoruba need Ijaw,Ijaw must work with Itshekiri,Itshekiri must befriend Urhobo,Efik and Bini must stand together,etc. This is the ONLY way to defeat the enemy who is very determined to defeat and conquer us all. We stand no chance individually against the enemy ! War is here,war of conquest and domination.

Folks,be ready !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Ishilove: 10:38am On May 21, 2021
So what happens when I buy a new phone? It is the mobile phone sellers that should do it, not us.

Nigerians really made a mistake with this Buhari person

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Meto1234(m): 10:39am On May 21, 2021
Next thing is imei now abi
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by jaxxy(m): 10:40am On May 21, 2021
Calitoscassius:
for your informations I am not in support of nigerian government collecting moblie phones IME1 they have no right to do that. They could not even provide common electricity. Only the law enforcement and they need warrant from the court to even do that. Get it!! grin

The reason for my response to that individual is because he claims that collecting data is beacuse RAPTURE is coming. What kinda paranoia is that?

If you call me a criminal i will take that as a compliment thank you! grin

Based on ur explanation, my apologies. And I was actually referring to them the government not particularly u.

Everything isn't about rapture bt sm people can’t help it.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Amuroba: 10:41am On May 21, 2021
Hilarious. IMEI Number you can change with root.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by ProElite: 10:45am On May 21, 2021
phonesiq:

What of the phone receipt and the address where I bought the phone
Awon Olori bu dede

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/21/nigerians-submit-phones-tracking-id-numbers-ncc-july
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MightyHand(m): 10:45am On May 21, 2021
What if a decided to sale my old phone and buy a New one!. I trust Nigeria, next thing you'll hear is "Go do court affidavit" to prove your ownership.... Walai our leaders are fool the Intelligent ones has no voice in the right place...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Apination(m): 10:46am On May 21, 2021
Until hell freezes over would that happen
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by odudueffiom(m): 10:46am On May 21, 2021
If I submit make I faint ....
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Calitoscassius(m): 10:51am On May 21, 2021
jaxxy:

Based on ur explanation, my apologies. And I was actually referring to them the government not particularly u.

Everything isn't about rapture bt sm people can’t help it.
Apologies accepted. grin it takes a humble mind to apologise big up! To you!

Nigerian government are violating nigerian citizens human rights by demanding they register their mobile IMEI with them. As i ve said they have no right to do such. Then again most nigerians either do not know their rights or do not care.

They should provide nigerians with basic ammenities first, provide jobs, homes, pay their workers decent wages. make nigerians happy maybe insecurities will dissapear all these kangaroo laws are only used to intimidate ordinary nigerians.. nigerian government are anti-citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Banter1(m): 10:52am On May 21, 2021
Charleys:
Which kind mad people wey Nigerians vote for government. So if I submit, I no go buy new phone again?
Abeg help me ask them o. I never summit NIN na IMEI go come summit laughs. Dumb people in high places.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by yoged(m): 10:52am On May 21, 2021
This is so wrong. Another protest looming
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by GENES11S: 10:59am On May 21, 2021
Aduroja123:
The failure of the government to embark upon an effective database led them to this.

To me, it's a good move.

This will really create a pathway for them to further trap and entrap our human right even makes it easier for the government to shutdown the internet during any election thus eradicating transparency in the democratic system.

If it's purely for security purpose, then the move is littered with illiteracy. What connect IMEI to the internet is the SIM card or Network router. Through the SIM card and Network routers, the attached IMEI can then be retrieved. The government need to set a standard for our telecommunication companies and work with them.

But we should be more worried when corrupt government grow in strength. This country should be more focus on eradicating corruption.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by chinoonew09: 11:01am On May 21, 2021
story.... Even if we submit The serial number, they'll still request for house number, movement card, and battery capacity number... Ncc must be mad, what happened to the bvn, voters card, driving license, Nepa bill etc.. The gods must be crazy.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Infinix S5 Pro Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / Anti-Add Android Campaign By Blackberry Users? / How To Load One Recharge Card Twice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.