Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July (38753 Views)

Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC / Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC / When A Phone Imei Number Is Changed, Can It Still Be Tracked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Twenty47(m): 11:02am On May 21, 2021
This people no well and the way am seeing it, it is getting worse each and everyday oo
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MASCOTECH: 11:02am On May 21, 2021
We will soon be asked to submit our DNA.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by AlllFather(m): 11:03am On May 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
There is Much to all these Contact tracing actions than meets the eye..

The Main reasons for all these stuffs is beyond what they put out.

The World is Preparing for the Beast System which will come into place after the RAPTURE. They know there is no more time!

See this mumu displaying ignorance everywhere. Everything is a doomsday conspiracy theory to you. Such delusional looser!
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Eastcaostboy: 11:07am On May 21, 2021
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by atheistandproud(m): 11:08am On May 21, 2021
I am not a fan of rooting oh but I think it's time to take rooting and swapping of IMEIs seriously.

We cannot trust a govt with a terrorist minister of information to hold such sensitive details in good faith.

This govt knows where Boko Haram is in Shiroro, Sheikh Gummi knows where Bandits are located in Zamfara and the Nigerian Army knows where ISWAP is holed up in Borno. They have not made a single attempt to go arrest or capture them. It took Idris Deby to leave Chad and enter Borno state before Boko Haram sued for ceasefire.

Yet this same govt has unleashed terror on the East and as a citizen, a jokingly made or casual comment means you may disappear and end up in a shallow grave.

Not in this country. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by SenecaTheYonger: 11:11am On May 21, 2021
Submitting your IMEI number is the biggest invasion of privacy that exist in the digital word. Might as well give you password to all my online account and bank accounts too.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by japhadels(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2021
They should kuku just install cctv in everyone's house.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by makemoneywbsite: 11:13am On May 21, 2021
When these jihadist finish dealing with una, una go sing Sai Baba reloaded. Foolish people
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Mrquote: 11:16am On May 21, 2021
chyzoo4u:
I think this is a right step in the wrong direction. It's also putting the cart before the horse.

Firstly, thieves will still steal phones and use them to commit crime then dispose it, the real owners will be arrested.

Secondly, in a case where the thieve wants to use the phone, it takes less than 30 mins to root a phone and change the IMEI.

My amd many Nigerians assertions is this; crime can be reduced once the government make life easier for people. They'll come out to tell us how America and Europe take records of the IMEI, but fail to understand how easy these people have made life for it's citizens including the jobless.

Our leaders just want the masses to remain in abject poverty so they can always campaign with "feeding the nation for 5 years" posters, sharing rice and bread, as well as sharing 2k to voters.

Make life easy for the people, then there'll be little or no phone theft anymore.

Even if we register the IMEI, we still give out phones to friends, family, and even strangers. I hope they'll have a way of changing IMEI ownership in their system shaaa...
Changing IMEI ownership, have you tried to update any miss information in this County you will know that USA is not far.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by bleskid: 11:20am On May 21, 2021
laugh wan kill me abeg... our head leaders na comedians
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:23am On May 21, 2021
They are very foolish, now it is really true they are working with bandits
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by elisho: 11:25am On May 21, 2021
pls can this government give me my share as a Nigerian I promise to live the country and naver to come back pls
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by adonaimart(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2021
You can't buy and sell second hand phones in peace again..

As for the security aspect; I support

Check now!! Know your professional journey is in your hands not your boss's.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by DONFASZY(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2021
Rise up nw o
2023 is too far
Nig don finish
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Yankee101: 11:33am On May 21, 2021
This is becoming draconian

Remove Pantami before he fulfill some crazy agenda

I guess that's why they don't want to remove him
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by shadelek(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2021
MansoryMX:

Since a very long long time ago, Nigeria government no longer practice the constitution!
Morning sir. I'll like to have some discussion with you pls
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 11:37am On May 21, 2021
zoeA:
Bvn,NIN, Drivers licence,voters card IMEI number grin grin all for one regime...
How we want take comot this Buhari Elliot?

Nigeria is in trouble with Buhari in power. They have no developmental ideas other than easy government money. The office of the NSA is always the target of the Northerners. Other offices include that of Customs CG, AGF, NPA M.D, NDLEA, EFCC and hosts other strategic MDAs.

Ever since Engr Ernest Ndukwe brought life and action to NCC because of Obasanjo empowerment of NCC to perform her duties, efforts have been made to make a Northerner the NCC (EVC ) CEO. Bashir Gwandu fought Eugene Juwah with all Northern mafia but failed because Jonathan was in power. Immediately Buhari came into power, Eugene Juwah was sacked or his tenure not renewed. Prof Dambatta was brought in.

Professor Dambatta had been a University lecturer when Patanmi was in Secondary school. When OBJ established NITDA, late Professor Gabriel AJAYI was the DG, after his death, Professor Cleopas Angaye a technology wizard was brought from US by Obj to head NITDA. Today To the North, that was TURECI, too know. They politicized NITDA DG' s appointment and forgot about merit and experience and brought in their people. That was the beginning of politicization of Technology in Nigeria. Today, Patanmi and Dambatta are in charge of Communication in Nigeria. They are working with their brothers in other MDAs.

IMEI registration is good but not for the purpose for which it is done in civilized society. They want to cage Nigerians. They want to waste our time and resources. When late Professor AJAYI and later Prof Cleopas Angaye was at NITDA, Patanmi was in Secondary school. The only interest they have in IMEI registration is not tracking of stolen phone but for monitoring purposes.

They are always holding Nigeria down. They used Nitel to hold the entire country to ransom until OBJ broke the monopoly. 2023 please come quickly let Patanmi, Malami, Dambatta and their people pack their load and go.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by KingUg(m): 11:45am On May 21, 2021
phonesiq:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/21/nigerians-submit-phones-tracking-id-numbers-ncc-july
why are our leaders so foolish with their useless policy what if I change my phone grin useless policy no be only imei na Emi
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by BruncleZuma: 11:45am On May 21, 2021
As usual, ignorance of the constitution is laid bare for all to see. This country just dey on cruise control with power hungry misfits running the show in all levels of governance.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Johel(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2021
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 11:59am On May 21, 2021
Lol... Never!

Bikonu, when are they going to request we submit our account numbers. Lol.. this govt is a big joke.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Wizmj4real(m): 12:02pm On May 21, 2021
So I has gotten to the point of not having privacy in Nigeria
Even the saner climes don't have to deny their citizens privacy
There was a country!
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Badmusthomas(m): 12:05pm On May 21, 2021
2022, everyone should start using nokia 3110c
tongue tongue undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by sukar886: 12:08pm On May 21, 2021
Useless country,phone wey I use my hard earn money buy,una de mad
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by emmyN(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2021
Against popular opinion, I linked my NIN to my phone number recently. Few days ago I started getting calls from unknown foreign numbers. Looked up the international dial code, na Niger republic. Pantami don dey distribute our numbers to him terrorists brothers for Niger angry.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Ngasky(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2021
Nigerians are the most educated illiterates in the world.
Nobody needs you IMEI from your. It is readily available to the security agencies through the network operators.
IMEI is the first thing your mobile phone sends to network providers masts when you switched on your phone. After this details were sent then network will register and appear on your mobile phone.
So before your phone is even ready to make or receive call after switching on the IMEI was already registered. Security agencies have been using it to track Stolen/missing phones since the invention of mobile phones.
Every single phone has unique IMEI. Just press *#06# on your phone your IMEI will display.
The only way to track stolen phone is through IMEI. Some try to mask their IMEI by using software but it is futile because it will shoe you different IMEI but the actual IMEI cannot be changed as it is combination id of the hardware processor of the phone. So the only possible solution is to remove the processor and put another one into the phone. Which is economically futile. So it will not be possible.
This is for security reasons. So only criminals will be concerned with this development
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Dminister(m): 12:20pm On May 21, 2021
May be the useless government give me money to buy my phone. This can only happen in a sane society where citizens are paid monthly.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by sirjustice1575(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2021
We are not providing our IMEI. You said we should register our lines, we did. You ordered that we should register for NIN(despite the fact we already have bvn and the networks know us), we obeyed. You compelled us to link our NIN to our SIM card, we grudgingly did that. Now, this.

The government is collecting more information from the citizens than is required. In the wrong hands, anybody can be traced and harmed in less than a day. With the horrible human rights record of this administration, I am not interested. Perhaps, which other countries of the world have an IMEI database of her citizens?
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by seangy4konji: 12:22pm On May 21, 2021
Later na serieal number for kiss condom we go deh drop before we sleep with our women...

This Buhari just mad.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by omojeesu(m): 12:23pm On May 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
There is Much to all these Contact tracing actions than meets the eye..

The Main reasons for all these stuffs is beyond what they put out.

The World is Preparing for the Beast System which will come into place after the RAPTURE. They know there is no more time!

Correct!

But the Beast system starts BEFORE the Rapture.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by AuroraBrls: 12:24pm On May 21, 2021
Slawomir

Pantami wan wreck boys finally

E don be ooh!
Pantami don reason guys finally
Men no fit bomb safely again

Na like this Yahoo work go take die off
After we go say aboki no get sense even na Mallam or Emir him be.
See as Pantami take de 10steps ahead of Yahoo guys.

It's a welcome development for those of us wey no get skeleton for Yahoo and 419 cupboard, those of us wey go rather do GNLD marketing than to scam another person, for those of us wey still get some conscience and morals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spark K7: The Latest Smartphone By TECNO Mobile, See Specs And Price / Tecno L8 Plus - A Re-modified Version Of Tecno L8 / Please Help! How Can I Download A Movie From Fzmovie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.