Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July (38756 Views)

Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC / Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC / When A Phone Imei Number Is Changed, Can It Still Be Tracked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by chyzoo4u(m): 12:28pm On May 21, 2021
Mrquote:

Changing IMEI ownership, have you tried to update any miss information in this County you will know that USA is not far.

grin grin grin

It's not funny shaaa... Being in 9ja is frustrating
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 21, 2021
1984 loading, slavery has begun.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by highoctane: 12:38pm On May 21, 2021
When a hunter aim to shoot, a clever bird will fly without perching.
NCC motley crew of empty headed.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by teespicy: 12:48pm On May 21, 2021
this leadership are selling us gradually. they requested for nim, we submitted, they re now requesting for imel nd ur phone details, very soon, they will request for our life.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 21, 2021
Dem go spoil business for phone sellers cos they wont be able to sell phones just as networks cant register new sims.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 21, 2021
what a lovely administration... I love this administration...

Is it not better we also register the serial numbers of our cloths, shoes, bags, tv, toothbrush, plate cups even the food we eat, infact everything to NCC... So they'll be able to monitor us well...

mtcheeeeew
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 21, 2021
I no know why this men them no wan give me my passport ma come de fly commot for this shit hole... Ah ahn... they no just wan person commot for country again? Abi wetin de sup now...
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Obainomilano: 1:01pm On May 21, 2021
Another irrelevant tactics from them ... someone will still m embezzle any money mapped out for it and before two years it will be forgotten....a.p.c government of hell from hell to take people to hell ...but God pass una
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 21, 2021
dc23:
or else the phone won't connect to any cellular network.

Maybe it's an ECOWAS security thing to tackle terrorism.

Do you think that is possible? I don't think so, cause they're not the manufacturer of your phone, you've already registered your sim, so what else, the manufacturer has already enabled your phone to connect to any cellular network... So i don't think that'll be possible
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Konquest: 1:06pm On May 21, 2021
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by 09085607453king: 1:14pm On May 21, 2021
After That Our Aza [/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by icedbreez(m): 1:24pm On May 21, 2021
Pantami has an agenda.

I'd rather not use phone.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by King44(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2021
phonesiq:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/21/nigerians-submit-phones-tracking-id-numbers-ncc-july
I submitted bvn, nin linked to my sim, God knows I won't submit any IMEI, e better make dem disconnect me
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 21, 2021
kingmsookwagh:
Wahala!

So that one Patami can trace and monitor me from my house ahbi?

I'd rather stay phoneless.

You never see anything...

very soon, we go the submit our phone's IP (internet Protocol), and the ASN (autonomous system number)...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Dumte(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2021
So that when you send abusive text messages, or comment against their bad governance, they will use that to track you for punishment.

Clueless fools. A day of judgement is coming!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MansoryMX(m): 1:46pm On May 21, 2021
shadelek:

Morning sir. I'll like to have some discussion with you pls

I am all ears bro. Shoot
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by greypencils: 2:02pm On May 21, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:
grin grin grin I laugh in Swahili

Let's register our laptop,T.v and PS5 too
You can imagine them bloody idiots. So many ways to make calls and use the internet without using a phone. But the abokis in government are so daft, so so daft.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Davoski222: 2:11pm On May 21, 2021
It's the spirit of the anti christ at work.......BEWARE.
ejighikemeuwa:
Clueless group of people
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by ultimateprof: 2:31pm On May 21, 2021
It is finish!
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 21, 2021
My Question Now Is What If D Phone Gets Completely Damaged Or Beyound Repairable,What Happens To D Imei? Dis People Are Just Brainless.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Goldp5988(f): 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
Charleys:
Which kind mad people wey Nigerians vote for government. So if I submit, I no go buy new phone again?

Anytime u get a new phone, u will go to there office and summit it again
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by McTobe(m): 3:01pm On May 21, 2021
Nonsense, what of getting the IMEI Numbers from the Home Location Register of a BTS from the Network providers
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:36pm On May 21, 2021
joinpreneur:
Government of an unbeatable tyranny, instabilities, and non-negotiable impunity!

What that section means is that your details are safe with the government or any legitimate organization in possession of them.

For example, you have personal data with your bank. For example, your address, gender, age, etc are with your bank. The bank is under obligation to protect the data. If the bank leaks the data, you can sue them using that section of the Constitution and the bank's privacy policy.

It doesn't mean that the government cannot ask you for your private details. Usually, a working government should have a database comprising your personal details.

However, the sense behind collecting IMEI is what I don't understand. It doesn't make sense to me.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 21, 2021
Make them Kukuma come collect my blood sample
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by CashVessel(m): 3:50pm On May 21, 2021
This is confirmed madness. Nigeria is now formally a police state. Someone should challenge this in court. It is so wrong..
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by osusuallstars: 3:50pm On May 21, 2021
At this trying time , where crypto and networking arent reliable , get sure 10 odds daily from Malaysian top book maker

We know the game trend
Send text to 0803203 6683
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Freebills12: 3:58pm On May 21, 2021
All they want is to turn this into North Korea or any other Islamic State where Human Rights are repressed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MeeLan: 4:34pm On May 21, 2021
This country Lack direction sha!!!
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MeeLan: 4:35pm On May 21, 2021
Soon they will demand cum sample
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 21, 2021
Freebills12:
All they want is to turn this into North Korea or any other Islamic State where Human Rights are repressed.

You already know where they are going. Unfortunately, most of my Yoruba elites, especially Tinubu team don't know where they are going and what these people are planning.

Normally, telcos switching equipment have facilities to obtain IMEI information during registration. That is why on many platforms, they know the type of phone you used to login and the nearest base station. Though at times, they got the phone and brand correctly, but the nearest base station may not be accurate.

They just want to cage Nigerians. Since the Military era till date, they are after controlling security agencies. Rather than the Security agencies obtaining information from MNOs and other telcos, they want the FG (Northerners ) to have the ability to track and monitor Nigerians.

The proposed IMEI registration is not for tracking of stolen phones but to cage Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by shadelek(m): 5:05pm On May 21, 2021
MansoryMX:

I am all ears bro. Shoot
I'll like it to be a private one pls.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spark K7: The Latest Smartphone By TECNO Mobile, See Specs And Price / Tecno L8 Plus - A Re-modified Version Of Tecno L8 / Please Help! How Can I Download A Movie From Fzmovie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.