Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67490 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by KingOKON: 4:17pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

He looked at you in some strange way and you didn't CODE, instead you repeated yourself to the hearing of EVERYONE so as to show you are the BOSS
Tell him I wanna buy him some drinks

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 21, 2021
Elporo:

Nah thunder go fire you las las.

A man with no pride is no man.

Real men burnt down Troy.
Real men built the Egytian pyramids.
Real men took over Red Indian territory to birth America.

If they where busy doing dishes, I wonder if you would be able to read or write.
Real men burnt down Troy a fictional story is what you are calling fact. Nigeria has one of the highest populations of morons. Overworked and underpaid workers built pyramids and please how is the birth of America a good thing when lands were stolen from unsuspecting folk. Lastly how the Bleep does the nonsense you wrote relate with the topic or the opinion of who you quoted.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by UDUJ(m): 4:18pm On May 21, 2021
cococandy:

But guess what? It’s not for free. It supports the family income.

If I had no source of income and my partner is running a food business to support us and can’t pay workers to wash dishes due to our income is now reduced, I would be stupid to say I can’t wash dishes to help the business survive. Like I said y’all are weird AF. I don’t know where your reasoning comes from.

There’s no role or job too demeaning for anyone on this earth. Stupid pride that’s defies logic is what makes some of you try to complicate uncomplicated situations.

Dishing what I can’t take?
I can wash dishes, wipe poop, clean up vomit, do anything to support my family. But y’all are too good for that. Such a stupid point of view to support

Truth be told I see nothing in helping my wife wash dishes if there is no one else to help out in the restaurant and if I am out of a job.

I think it boils down to the manner and way in which she says it. If she says it in a loving way then why not- I'll do it since the success of the restaurant is for the family. It only becomes a problem if she says it in a condescending and mocking way, that will hurt the mans feelings.

So in summary it all boils down to communication and teamwork. In fact, communication is one of the most important aspects of a satisfying marriage and this brings about love and mutual respect between both parties.

See me talking about marriage when I am not yet married sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 4:18pm On May 21, 2021
Cinema4d:
He does not have a job?

Didn't you read the post? Or you hid your brain in your anus while reading it?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Emotionss: 4:19pm On May 21, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
BruncleZuma:

Baba that nah financial support; you've also got psychological and physical support, which you've not provided.

But seriously, assaulting your wife or any woman over something you can talk over nah beta male behaviour.

Knowing how our women behave I am 150% certain she told he husband to wash the plates with full Authority and to prove to the customers that she is the madam in charge.

A jobless man is an angry man and the last thing he Needs is his wife reminding him how useless he is at the moment.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by planetx: 4:19pm On May 21, 2021
You should have served him food first and after eating you can now ask him codedly not in front of everyone to help you wash the plates. Maybe he was hungry coming in to the restaurant and you know an hungry man is an angry man.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by 1mobile: 4:20pm On May 21, 2021
It's disappointing that he acted like that in public.However, you should have discussed with him joining you in running the business pending when he find his footing again.This is what obtained in western world, family run business; husband and wife,and in some cases the whole family.
Sorry for the slap.just talk him into not been disrespectful for asking him to assist in washing plate and let him see reasons why you need his support in the business.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Franzinni: 4:20pm On May 21, 2021
OB7Foreva:
Pride be the reason for family dichotomy lipsrsealed
your head dey there baba... Haha

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Ttoluwa: 4:21pm On May 21, 2021
Wat he did was totally wrong. No harm in helping out.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 21, 2021
I don't blame the man I blame all these useless mothers that only know how to talk about marriage instead of independence. Africa is seriously a primitive shithole.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by omolola100(f): 4:22pm On May 21, 2021
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate
is there any big deal in that?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 4:22pm On May 21, 2021
Emotionss:

Knowing how our women behave I am 150% certain she told he husband to wash the plates with full Authority and to prove to the customers that she is the madam in charge.

A jobless man is an angry man and the last thing he Needs is his wife reminding him how useless he is at the moment.

This is a known phenomenon, and it's a good way for the man to learn self-control because outside his home there are okada men, food sellers, conductors, agberos, policemen, supervisors at work who would do worse than his wife is doing but for the love of God, there is no excuse under the face of the sun that warrants beating one's wife.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by TheRedpillguy: 4:23pm On May 21, 2021
Ninisun:

Social media "big boss"
When i say company. I can only imagine your imagination .
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 4:23pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
You don't have a husband, no real man assaults a woman over such issues.

You forgot that she wouldn't have a job today if the man didn't open the restaurant for her.

I guess you are one of those no-good feminists that think with their anus
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by edoairways: 4:23pm On May 21, 2021
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate
For ordinary plate cool

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Aguogba(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2021
Galaxydon1:
I don't see anything wrong if the Man watches plate. It's lack of understanding, so if it was the Man that runs The business won't he dish out plates for his customers. Since it's a family business i don't see anything wrong with it.
What she typed here did not explain the manner of approach. If she asked respectfully, even if the man refused to wash, she would have gotten an excuse instead of a slap.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 4:24pm On May 21, 2021
effort1:

You forgot that she wouldn't have a job today if the man didn't open the restaurant for her.

I guess you are one of those no-good feminists that think with their anus
Hahahahaha anus ke; only weak men beat women QED and you sound just like one.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by 99thEnemy(m): 4:24pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:

I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

Make I ask small question...

Na who first embarrass who? grin

Make I go find small liquor Joor grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Blackdisciple(m): 4:25pm On May 21, 2021
My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all.

This were the problem is coming from.
You think he is happy for not working now , look at the way you put it " HE JUST SITS AT HOME"
You think he is happy right

How u ask him to help you matters

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 21, 2021
Aguogba:

What she typed here did not explain the manner of approach. If she asked respectfully, even if the man refused to wash, she would have gotten an excuse instead of a slap.
Then you have absolutely no clue of how 98% of Nigerian men behave.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 4:25pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Hahahahaha anus ke; only weak men beat women QED and you sound just like one.

And Only strong women abuse men, right?

If you abuse a man and he beats you up, he has just paid you back in your own coins... that's all

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by prigoz(m): 4:25pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

I payed 100k to rent a shop

I payed an extra 100 k to buy plastic chairs, table and accessories for interior

I bought gas stove, microwave, cutlery, and food stuff almost 100k

Gave the wife another 100k working capital

All in all I spent 500k on a business venture or $1200 USD on a business venture I earned zero Kobo from( 1.2k is minimum wage of hard labour in USA) and annual income in Nigeria

Yet I am told to wash plates for the customers and I should not get angry and slap the person degrading me because I want to be a real man

I won't slap her , I'll take over my business with receipt and proof of payments I made starting up the business, I'll start washing the damn plates and keeping my profits for my damn self, for 50k I'll get an excellent cook in Lagos and run a proper business, let her go and ask her father and elders in their village to wash plate after buying her plates and business so she can survive

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ogwumgbe: 4:26pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

I payed 100k to rent a shop

I payed an extra 100 k to buy plastic chairs, table and accessories for interior

I bought gas stove, microwave, cutlery, and food stuff almost 100k

Gave the wife another 100k working capital

All in all I spent 500k on a business venture or $1200 USD on a business venture I earned zero Kobo from( 1.2k is minimum wage of hard labour in USA) and annual income in Nigeria

Yet I am told to wash plates for the customers and I should not get angry and slap the person degrading me because I want to be a real man

I won't slap her , I'll take over my business with receipt and proof of payments I made starting up the business, I'll start washing the damn plates and keeping my profits for my damn self, for 50k I'll get an excellent cook in Lagos and run a proper business, let her go and ask her father and elders in their village to wash plate after buying her plates and business so she can survive

Well I don't know if this story is fiction or real, but if it truly happened, I would say that the man is a complete idiot. His problem is that his black ass is gummed perpetually without venturing to travel out. If he ever traveled out abroad, He would change his useless macho man mentality, and most people commenting on this thread are all local champions and are so myopic in reasoning. Telling him to wash plates for the thing that brings money for them in his trying time is not wrong at all. But the man is just pathetic male chauvinistic loser

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 4:26pm On May 21, 2021
effort1:

And Only strong women abuse men, right?

If you abuse a man and he beats you up, he has just paid you back in your own coins... that's all

I don't think we both agree on what constitutes abuse in this situation.

https://www.nairaland.com/6564069/husband-slapped-me-asking-him/12#101924450
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by edoairways: 4:26pm On May 21, 2021
Aguogba:

I doubt if she didn't. Her husband is just pumpous

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Masterito(m): 4:27pm On May 21, 2021
Any person who supports this lady action needs to rethink. Obviously she won't tell us how she shouted in public telling her husband to wash plates. He lost his job for Christ sake. There are better ways to handle that. What if he didn't come to the shop?
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by cococandy(f): 4:28pm On May 21, 2021
I agree. I always communicate to a loved one in loving manner and I encourage everyone to do same. Like it just makes life easier

However we are assuming he slapped her because she was rude. That may not be the case. Maybe she asked without being rude. You can’t really know unless we were there. From what I see on the guys comments here, the request is enough to warrant violence. So for those type of guys I don’t think any amount of loving communication will change their perspective

UDUJ:

Truth be told I see nothing in helping my wife wash dishes if there is no one else to help out in the restaurant and if I am out of a job.

I think it boils down to the manner and way in which she says it. If she says it in a loving way then why not- I'll do it since the success of the restaurant is for the family. It only becomes a problem if she says it in a condescending and mocking way, that will hurt the mans feelings.

So in summary it all boils down to communication and teamwork. In fact, communication is one of the most important aspects of a satisfying marriage and this brings about love and mutual respect between both parties.

See me talking about marriage when I am not yet married sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:28pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?
And all the workers left her, that means something is wrong with her, by the way I read this same story 7years ago.

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Princeprofx: 4:29pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:

I am actually not in support of him slapping you, because he had the option to just walk away without saying a word and still do what he did by packing out. I think, you shouldnt have told him to do the dishes.
The moment he walked in and met you over labouring yourself, there is the tendency that he may just on his own give you a helping hand to help do their dishes without being ordered to do it like you did. The moment you told him that ditectly, so many things must have gkne through his mind within seconds. A man doesnt like his ego being tampered with no matter his condition.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Bahun(m): 4:29pm On May 21, 2021
As him slap u hope say u bleed?
Cox if not make u go back make him complete am
> grin grinsad angry grin grin
BonPatrick:

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.