Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67575 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 21, 2021
If there is one thing I hate it's egotistic poor men with high shoulder padded ego but can't put their money where their mouth is.

It's a business place where money is made to feed you. Leave your "head of the house" mentality in the four walls of your apartment, don't bring that shit to where you hustle.

If washing plates for customers hurt his ego, den let him eat the ego and let it fill his stomach.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by meekah: 3:40pm On May 21, 2021
Gbest90:

Na Wa o. This kind comment dey cos headache. undecided

Make una dey try use pidgin na. No be by force to speak English. tongue
na people grammar you come read here ba?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Tupaq: 3:41pm On May 21, 2021
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate

You don't a man, especially your husband in public. You don't do that. When he had job and was taking care of you, he never insulted you.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by CYPRIANJUNGLE: 3:41pm On May 21, 2021
I'm sorry sir but you're a fo*l you judged without using your God given brains because you shouldn't be expecting women to tell you the full story of how she have been maltreating at home

I'm speaking from experience when my dad lost his job
Mozegee:
Did you not read what this woman wrote. What does it take her husband to help her wash plates. He is not a good man and as the same time arrogant.i am a father of 3,I do most of those stuffs when I have the chance.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by openmine(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2021
Before he lost his business to scammers,did you at any time ask him to wash the dishes for you at the restaurant?
What would it take to hire two employees to do both the washing and serve?
Even people who sell roasted plantain and fish have at least an employee who washes the dishes!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by arimahoseloka(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2021
The man is a proud f.ool. Madam you did not do wrong in asking your husband to help you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by HRMK: 3:42pm On May 21, 2021
the question is:were u both legally married?he paid all his dues?in ur statement,he established the biz.will u ever ask him to wash plates if he had not lost his biz?u dont even ask for the help in privacy but publicly!u deserve whatever way he treated u bcs u asked for it!!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 3:42pm On May 21, 2021
I don’t think with your unsupportive idea, your marriage will last
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 21, 2021
The man supposed to have given her quadruple slaps. 2 hot slaps on both cheeks. Had it been that man end up washing the dishes, the next one will be to sweep the floor and clear the table. Pure bullshit.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by keypha1: 3:42pm On May 21, 2021
Your husband may want to watch the plate but is how you talk to him that makes him to slap you, in my house sometime if i enter kitchen and is unkept , I will help my wife and clean it and when she came back, she will be very happy and live goes on.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by EndRape2(f): 3:43pm On May 21, 2021
It is not bad telling him, since he does not know what to do, the truth is immediately he walked into the shop, and discovered there are many customers, he ought to assist the wife, even if he has a job. Assisting your wife in domestic chores does not make you less of a man, it should be that way,both of you are partners and both of you should learn to assist each other when one is stressful. Or need help.

Nigeria men especially Igbo men are disgusting I swear, who told them a man should not do domestic chores .

should uote author=Hardgun post=101915845]That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Coldie(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2021
wirinet:

Even thing is about approach. Before my wife got help, whenever she needs my help, she would call (my office is not too far away) and say "babe, I have to go out, please come and help me look thd donuts or the meat pies) or even to attend to customers. I will tell her to give me 5 mins and I would be there. No if the shop is crowded and she screams " come fry the donuts", I will ignore her. If she screams louder, "I am talking to you, come and fry the donuts", all hell would break loose.

Washing plates in public is a no no for me. I could do that at home if situation demands, but never in public.
U don't know if she was rude or not but u have already branded her rude that she used wrong approach?

Do u think if she was rude, a woman providing for the family like that would allow the husband slap her like that in public and just keep quiet and act like nothing happened.

Una never jam troublesome women before o.

I hate what that woman went tru it pains me so much

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by CYPRIANJUNGLE: 3:43pm On May 21, 2021
CYPRIANJUNGLE:
I'm sorry sir but you're a fo*l you judged without using your God given brains because you shouldn't be expecting women to tell you the full story of how she have been maltreating him at home don't judge without hearing from the both parties you would done even worst than this if ur wife come in a public store and shout "Come and wash this plate for me

I'm speaking from experience when my dad lost his job
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Obipaul77(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”
Even if you are the one feeding him, he still deserves some respect.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by cococandy(f): 3:43pm On May 21, 2021
If only you coddled jobless women who are not contributing financially to the home in the same way you coddle jobless men

Idzitari1:
Still asking what u did wrong. U ar jst disgusting, he gave u a sign with a bad look nd u still repeated urself. Madam ntin wrong in asking him to wash plate, but all is wrong when he don't want to do it publicly. Get small sense
Nnamaka1:
So what would the next request from the wife be assuming the husband agreed to start washing dishes for her in her shop

Automatically the husband stops being the head of the house and wifey becomes the head.

Ladies please listen to this. No matter the condition of your husband, I mean husband ooo not fiancee or boyfriend. Accord to him the respect and regards due to the head so that you can be blessed and remain blessed.

Abi you didn't say for better/for worse
Biafranboys:
Women of this generation are crazy, for me I do dishes myself but it is an insult to tell your husband to wash plate, same man that opened the business for you
Obainomilano:
Many people supporting the woman here are crazy and unreasonable we are Africans we are not Europeans..we do not have the luxury live or good governance of the white men and yet the Nigerian women always want to compare the man with their European counterpart.
It is highly insulting and highly humiliating to open your mouth to ask your husband to wash plate in ur restaurant to serve customers.. especially when that husband do not have a job ..when his pride and personality is at the lowest ..that is the time you are supposed to treat him more like a king ..support him in any way u can and give him maximum respect...if customers are too much they can come and wash the plates by themselves I have washed plate in so many restaurants so I can eat and I believe many people here have done so too ....there is no justification for such a public humiliation of a man that is supposed to be your pride ....
Jayrow08:
I will slap u again, nonsense!
Hotshisha:

Hunger in my own bloody establishment.... I will trash her and take my business kicking her to the street

Let her also hustle for money and start a fucking business, her father can give her money and wash plates
author=Tecno66 post=101922481]She actually deserves an head butt. Not slap.[/quote]

Godada:

The man in question is at a very vulnerable point in life. I think you pissed him off. The level of understanding between the both of you would have smoothened any rancour here. You hurt his pride

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 3:44pm On May 21, 2021
That’s a very useless pride, especially when he’s feeding from the woman’s sweat.
Godada:

The man in question is at a very vulnerable point in life. I think you pissed him off. The level of understanding between the both of you would have smoothened any rancour here. You hurt his pride

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by IRALIFE(f): 3:44pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

You sef reason the way you stated and articulated your point why wasthing the plate is good and in the overall intrest of the family... That's acceptable

But me walking into a place I paid my blood and sweat to set up and my wife tells me pointing rudely to the dishes to wash because some juvenile yahoo boys want to eat...

Honestly slapping her would be the nicest thing my aunt, mother, sisters would do to her if they see such

I understand it must have been the way she said it. Some wives could become rude when they are the ones taking care of the finance in the home. He could still have handled it differently that she would be the one to feel guilty and beg him.

Both of them need some counseling to help them navigate this difficult time.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 21, 2021
Why will you ask your husband to wash plates? You no get respect.

I don't blame you. It's see finish that is causing all these nonsense. That is why I can never marry a small boy or small man that can not be a MAN.

Modified.

Wait a min... So it was even in a canteen She asked him to wash plates? Haba, haba, haba!!!!.. that's was some nerves ma'am.

Upon the man warned you with a Stern look you still went ahead to repeat the mistake..lol...some women though.

Eventhough I'm an advocate for women being assisted by their husbands, i won't condone this. You should let him offer to help and not you commanding him in public to do the dishes for you. You want to finally reduce him to a house boy.

Slap well deserved.
Case closed.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:45pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

She should have told him to serve, rather than go wash plates.

In my opinion, I think it is not the chore that annoyed the husband, but the manner of approach.

She probably treated him with a disdainful reference to his employment status.

The sort of tone that sounds like "Since you don't have job, you can at least help me wash the plates. After all, I am the one feeding you".

In a relationship with understanding and love, I don't see any reason why a husband cannot help relieve his wife's stress, even if it means washing plates in front of customers.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by GorillaApp(m): 3:45pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell
Well we didn't know the tune or manner in which the woman asked.
I have seen several couples running business together before
Opposite my office, a woman and her husband ( who is out of job) have a restaurant biz. I have seen the man washing plates( I could see the shame in his eyes grin) life goes on.
BTW, I won't fail to mention that the egusi and ogbono soup na pure Bliss.
Its beside the busiest junction in warri and the sides are not covered but I don't mind. I roll up my sleeves and push my tie one corner

But seriously, why is it that once a man goes broke and the woman assumes temporary responsibility, they tend to be rude, brash, insultive and demeaning?
I have seen it countless number of times. Can you explain pls

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by oluwaahmed: 3:45pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?

In public ooo. Nigerian women of nowadays naso dem dey love. Once ur status change and dem better pass you, dem go wan turn you to fool & simp. The worst is when you carry them abroad and you lose ur means of livelihood or they become better than you, dey will divorce ur sorry ass sharply collect your house while you still struggle to pay child support, rent or mortgage

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by 27Pushing30: 3:45pm On May 21, 2021
Mehn imagine the disrespect!

What a wise woman would have done is two things:

1. Do what she could and observe whether her hubby would voluntarily chime in asking if there’s anything he could do to help/assist... seeing as you “claim” you were overwhelmed by the “crowd”

2. If he didn’t then at night after a sumptuous meal and maybe even good/average sex you suggest to your husband that he becomes a partner in the biz , after all naim open am for you ... whilst he still looks for a new biz

All in all a man who used to be at the top canny be happy at being publicly ordered to do such low level work
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Mypeople2(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2021
Jeon:

He's not romantic and caring.

That's why I hate people with pride and ego
Though I believe the man has pride but it is all about "Manner of approach"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by WeNoGoDie(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2021
Galaxydon1:
I don't see anything wrong if the Man watches plate. It's lack of understanding, so if it was the Man that runs The business won't he dish out plates for his customers. Since it's a family business i don't see anything wrong with it.

Thank you jare. This thread shows that a lot of we African men have a long way to go.

The woman is laboring alone and under pressure has plenty customers and she's the one presently supporting the family with that same business.

What harm will it do to a true husband to help her wash plates at that particular point in time.

The circumstances determines the response.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Mayng01(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2021
Jeon:

You only heard one side of the story, what about the other side? You should be reluctant to judge. Women have a way of complicating things
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Hotshisha: 3:46pm On May 21, 2021
cococandy:
If only you’re coddled jobless women who are not contributing financially to the home in the same way you coddle jobless men

[quote author=Tecno66 post=101922481]She actually deserves an head butt. Not slap.

It's simple breadwinner who sacrificed regardless of gender deserve abit of respect

I work 9 to 5 gave you a business, intrest free capital and am gonna be a janitor because am jobless

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by EndRape2(f): 3:46pm On May 21, 2021
See mad and Damaged man, and what is wrong if the wife ask him to assist, is the wife supposed to ask, a sensible man that loves his wife, even if he is a bank manager, ought to assist his wife once he noticed she needs help, quote author=Ninejaywon post=101922920]The man supposed to have given her quadruple slaps. 2 hot slaps on both cheeks. Had it been that man end up washing the dishes, the next one will be to sweep the floor and clear the table. Pure bullshit.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Mayng01(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2021
Jeon:

You only heard one side of the story, what about the other side? You should be reluctant to judge. Women have a way of complicating things
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 3:47pm On May 21, 2021
God bless you. The first page comments shows how broken homes will look in the nex 10years, most of these fools typing shits are my mates, I don’t doubt it cos I know the shits the do.
I’m jus worried for this ignorant generation.
BruncleZuma:
You don't have a husband, no real man assaults a woman over such issues.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell

Running bussines together is very different from this bro

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:
Nothing disrespectful in washing dishes.
Y’all are weird AF

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

I Got Pregnant Without Sexual Intercourse, Woman Tells Court In Kwara / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / A Beautiful Dwarf With Her Kids And Her Twin Sister (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.