Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67443 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Twelfthman: 2:58pm On May 21, 2021
Women can be ruthless. Very ruthless I tell you.
What is a man without his pride?
He went broke for awhile then you start rubbing shit on his face.
They are the same everywhere in the world

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Kamachicho(f): 2:58pm On May 21, 2021
[quote author=Godada post=101916127]

The man in question is at a very vulnerable point in life. I think you pissed him off. The level of understanding between the both of you would have smoothened any rancour here. You hurt his pride[/quote

I quite agree with you he is at a vulnerable point in his life. You asking him to wash plates for you is telling his mates( every male present there) that you are the breadwinner. You rubbished his pride big time.

It is W-R-O-N-G.

Some of your customers that witnessed your behaviour to your husband might stop to patronising your eatry. Go and look for him, apologize (mean it) and make peace.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by PrinceOfLagos: 2:59pm On May 21, 2021
Serves you right bitch

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Adebowalay(m): 2:59pm On May 21, 2021
Elporo:

Nah thunder go fire you las las.

A man with no pride is no man.

Real men burnt down Troy.
Real men built the Egytian pyramids.
Real men took over Red Indian territory to birth America.
f
If they where busy doing dishes, I wonder if you would be able to read or write.
CLEAR AM

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Princedapace(m): 2:59pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:

Baba that nah financial support; you've also got psychological and physical support, which you've not provided.

But seriously, assaulting your wife or any woman over something you can talk over nah beta male behaviour.

Im sure she spoke to him rudely. If u read carefully, u will notice that the woman is already seeing the man as a lazy man. There is something about women, they forget all the good things u have done for them too fast.

He wasn't lazy when he saved up and open a shop for her. Abi u think it is easy to work, feed family, meet a woman's needs and still have capital to open a business for someone. He wasn't lazy. So, since the woman is seeing him as being lazy and unproductive, she must have spoken to him a rude way. U don't tell ur husband to wash plates in front of ur customers. Come on. He will always feel that u are doing that becus he lost his source of income.

She could have whispered to him and make a for such activity outside the sight of the customers. She could have gotten a sales girl/boy

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Patrotism: 2:59pm On May 21, 2021
Madam, go after your husband.
Don't break your home because of this little set back.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by echesilver: 2:59pm On May 21, 2021
U didn't do anything bad my dear just that ur hus lack common sense. If he's a real niga how come he got scammed. Seeing u under pressure.. He doesn't need holy spirit to help out.. Say place he feeds from. If the business crumble his sense Will return to default mode

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Karlebolu(m): 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
I am a peace loving fellow but if my wife ask me to do this, I might slap her.

Doesn't matter if we dey abroad or Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by generalsteve007: 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
Abeg no kill me with laugh �
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Humblesam(m): 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
SmartPolician:

You made a lot of sense.

CalmElder, your comment is thought-provoking.

I thought I was d only person seeing reasons from that post.
I gave up when I read all the workers finding their square roots after non payment of their deserved wages... And you're selling with such inflow of customers and wages can't be paid at the end of the day.
Madam something is wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by DryMouth: 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
Preciouschinwe:
FAKE THREAD CREATED FOR ATTENTION kiss
Idiot
I hope ur husband beats the sh*t out of you this night!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bolacode: 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
Galaxydon1:
I don't see anything wrong if the Man watches plate. It's lack of understanding, so if it was the Man that runs The business won't he dish out plates for his customers. Since it's a family business i don't see anything wrong with it.

Go and be "watching" plate for your wife in the presence of customer, Mr Understanding Man smiley

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by amazingspiderma: 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell

Restaurant Impossible, solving business problems in the simplest way.

It's like MBA class again.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by peddas: 3:01pm On May 21, 2021
If you give a woman a chance, she will take chances ,if that guy had wash the plate once, she will add washing of plates to the man's duties. But am against the man slapping the woman, he would have just walked away.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Patrotism: 3:01pm On May 21, 2021
Madam, go after your husband.
Don't break your home because of this little set back.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by zakkxx: 3:01pm On May 21, 2021
A man has ego!! Massage his ego first he will do anything for you!!! Don’t just order him to wash plate!! Madam fear God!!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by promzy555(m): 3:01pm On May 21, 2021
Na small small person take dey start dance, before u know u go say make em dey come help u every day.

If u know wat go through her mind everyday em seeing taking care of the family, u will go and telling him u are sorry. Definitely he will still apologise to u. Ur home becomes more stronger in unit and love
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Dobest: 3:01pm On May 21, 2021
Since he has not been doing it,you suppose to ask nicely and in private rather you chose to embrass him in public and you got it back.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by sojfarm: 3:01pm On May 21, 2021
Your action was to tell your husband he is no longer of value, hence you reduce him plate washer.

Since you reduce him, he also felt you no longer worth anything more than a punching bag. Pele (sorry)

Lesson: yon dont reduce people value just because of the situation the person is passing through.

Respect is reciprocal

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BRATISLAVA: 3:02pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:

Did you even bother to read Homers Iliad; your basic Hollywood driven knowledge of history is troubling. And the kinds of fatalistic attributes to real men shows me how unlikely you've seen a real man before.

Lol, you are still trying to reason with someone telling you that a man must have pride, not reasoning abilities. Reverse the genders to get any meaningful response.

Men on this forum can justify any kind of abuse to suit their egos. She never hit him first, just spoke to him, but somehow she deserves the physical assault. If they were in America and she called the cops afterwards, they would say nurses have ego issues.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Cutehector(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2021
Women would use their own hands to spoil their marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by AuroraBrls: 3:02pm On May 21, 2021
There is a way and manner you can tell someone to go to hell and they will gladly be itching to start trekking to hell.

There is a a zillion difference in these two scenarios...

Scenario 1
Calmly whispering to him without anyone else hearing it,..." Honey please don't be offended, please don't feel bad that l am asking, just that l have no other alternative and l know your ego level...do u mind assisting me with either warming the food or washing then plates so that we can serve some customers, and make some sales, please?"...Even if your husband na Shekau or Nyesom Wike, he will wash the plates and warm the food all by himself at lightning seed. Emotional intelligence, massaging his ego, according him full respect despite his powerlessness of joblessness.

Scenario 2....In Patience or Ozokwor style or TontoDikeh anger mode, with everyone looking and listening..."Papa Ebuka, have told you before and you ignored me, go and wash plates now lemme serve customers...am tired of all these Biko, only me go attack, only me go defend". Zero respect, zero pressure management and zero emotional intelligence on the part of the woman. Trust me you don de chochocho tey tey de make careless and rude remarks about his joblessness directly and indirectly, that slap wey you just chop suppose don drop tey tey, today's own broke the camel's back. Some of your fellow women sef de earn millions whereas their hubby de earn peanuts, peace of mind still de.

It is inherently in the nature of the menfolk to provide for their kith and kin, when they are powerless to do so it brings out the devil in them oftentimes if you don't manage them well as a woman.

Kindly find a way to apologise to your husband, he will apologise for hitting you, he was blinded by shame and anger, it wasn't deliberate. In my opinion you should be happy and lucky that your husband is no SIMP.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Richy4(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2021
E be like say I don old for this Nairalandooo.... I can bet that have read this about 5yrs ago embarassed..... or less..Just the way this on happened...
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Tdotbluejays1: 3:02pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell
Alot of Igbo restaurants are like this.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by realray(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2021
Very disrespectful, after all is not a joint business and again ur husband is your crown and there's a saying that" if you want your husband to act like a king you have to treat him as one" but instead you want to treat your husband like a house boy or a slave..no difference between the two
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Yansham: 3:03pm On May 21, 2021
You guys always seem to forget the stress men do undergoing or insult they receive at work just to provide for the family without complaining.

But when the woman shoulders the family's responsibility, the man must drop his pride and help her.

Coldie:

She's not even supposed to tell him that, if the man is a reasonable and considerate man he would go and do it himself.

How would u as a man feel if your wife is going tru such stress, despite fending for the family u see her attending to loads of customers then she's attending to them, plates are piling up nobody to wash them, u can't help to attend to the customers and u still cant help to at least wash the plates.

Which kind yeye pride be that

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Wapchrist1(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2021
Marriage is scam !!! See my advert
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 21, 2021
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate
Really? Cooking and washing is not gender based
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by worldclass68(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2021
How could tell ur husband to wash plates in public....you could have gotten the message at first instead of receiving the slap...sorry
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Preciouschinwe(f): 3:03pm On May 21, 2021
DryMouth:

Idiot
I hope ur husband beats the sh*t out of you this night!
shocked embarassed tongue cool
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by edepie: 3:04pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

You both would have discussed it earlier, or you would have called him in an isolated area before asking in a polite way o. Something like this whispering " petname (honey) please can you assist me with the dishes".

Me, I value respect and love so much.
I can do whatever....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Husband's Best Friend (pics) / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / What is This Small Boy Trying To Do??(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.