Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. (17052 Views)

Introduction To Web 3.0 / How to add images to web pages with coding / How to code buttons to web pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Mrreed(m): 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
ClixMaster:
Nice. Also on the same journey too. My intention is to start building sites when I'm done with react
Use any of the free hosting platform available. Netlify or even github is enough.

3 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by ibromodzi: 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
walyx:

Sent u mail but u haven't reply from

I didn't get any mail.
You can send a direct mail to ibromodzi@gmail.com
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by walyx(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2021
ibromodzi:

I didn't get any mail.
You can send a direct mail to ibromodzi@gmail.com

Ok. Will do that
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by bukason212(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
hello , pls what resources did u use to study web development. And how did u get assignments and projects to practice. also , did u learn with a mentor? if yes , how did u get one? And how do u know when to start applying for jobs ? pls help a brother. thanks
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by bukason212(m): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Download visual studio code on your computer. Then you can look up on Google how to run python on visual studio. I don't do python and I will never ever do it. There's also some python specific ides from jetbrains.

hello , pls what resources did u use to study web development. And how did u get assignments and projects to practice. also , did u learn with a mentor? if yes , how did u get one? And how do u know when to start applying for jobs ? pls help a brother. thanks
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2021
bukason212:

I used mostly udemy courses. For projects, I did things I really liked. I was crazy about fintech and e commerce so I made projects related to them. I didnt have any mentor. Once my projects were finished, I started applying to jobs.

3 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by lordally(m): 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I used mostly udemy courses. For projects, I did things I really liked. I was crazy about fintech and e commerce so I made projects related to them. I didnt have any mentor. Once my projects were finished, I started applying to jobs.

How many projects did you do before you started applying for jobs

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
lordally:

How many projects did you do before you started applying for jobs
2 but they were huge sha. It took me two months to finish.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Gbsks: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2021
ibromodzi:

Baba, Python is not useless anywhere in the world if one knows what one is doing. While the nature of my profession does not permit me to seek for full-time, data-related jobs, at least for now. I have made close to a million Naira in the last 6 months from freelancing. I even had to turn down so many gigs because of my final year exams. Just know what you are doing.
. I greet you sir, can I get you contact ? , I have some questions.
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Theophinio(m): 1:20am On Jul 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Of recent, whenever people try to learn web development, I see comments desisting the person and telling them the field is over saturated and they should try things like data science and machine learning.

I feel its hogwash. With regards to Nigeria, the field of web development is honestly a 7 year old career to be realistic. The tech industry didnt start gaining any waves till like 5 years ago when a lot of funding went to the industry alongside the huge paystack exit. As of 2013, how many programmers even existed in Nigeria. Things were so bad that when Andela launched, they were paying people to learn to code. I mean people were being paid to learn to code. 80k alongside a brand new MacBook alongside many other benefits. Most of the people who were smart enough to take advantage of such opportunities are out of the country now as senior or mid-level devs or running very successful tech startups in Nigeria eg the founder of Eden life.

So how is a 7-year-old thing saturated? Its like people think web development is all about downloading pirated WordPress themes and installing them and you can call it a day. There are so many parts of web development that there arent even any developers in Nigeria for. Like they dont even exist. Even the so called wordpress how many people dive into the deep end?

What a lot of people are yet to understand is that the internet as we all use it is less than 30 years old. Big tech giants controlling the globe today like Amazon, Google and Netflix are less than 28 years old. Imagine what will happen when the whole wide world has the same internet access that the west has. Imagine what will be built and who will build them? Web developers. Just look at india, Bangalore (india's sillicon valley) salaries are matching those of sillicon valley now. People are earning six figure dollar incomes. The same thing is going to happen in africa, I am not optimistic about the continent sha and with the advent of remote work, your location does not stop you from earning a good income. A lot of sillicon valley startups are removing location based pay. So if you in Nigeria manage to get job with them you will be earning the same thing with your counterparts there. Imagine earning 150k USD a year in one village in osun state.

If people want to see saturation they should talk about engineering. Fields like Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and petroleum engineering. Jobs dont exist in this fields now. Things are so bad that even with a very good first class, its still very tough getting a job except you want to go and do a Masters and PHD and end up lecturing. What of the field of law, teaching? Web developers can work anywhere in the world. Aside remotely, a lot of visa sponsorship jobs exist catering to web developers. You cant get this in engineering.

We can also take a look at linkedin jobs. I will post the picture of petroleum engineering a supposedly hotcake engineering field which a lot of people are dying for and believe in getting a big oil company job and just wordpress which a ton of people hate. Petroleum engineering has just 2000 available vacancies worldwide with most jobs having over 50 applicants while wordpress has over 30000 vacancies online. Wordpress is like the lowest hanging fruit in just web development. If I start to mention the gazillion amount of jobs in other places eh lipsrsealed

Please web development is not saturated at all. That is a lie.

Sir, are you on Fiverr
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:14am On Jul 24, 2021
Theophinio:

Sir, are you on Fiverr
No
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by MrJavaS: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

The 650 was worldwide o. What I used to do then was go country by country search the number of shipping companies and send unsolicited applications it was useless. As for Nigeria, I had a very nice shoe I bought when i graduated. I used to wear it with corporate shirts and trousers to job hunt in Apapa. That shoe spoilt because of job hunting. I dont think theres any shipping company in Nigeria that doesnt have a copy of my CV on file. As for wordpress, I do the deep stuff. Custom themes and plugins. I know PHP. I recently just built a website a wordpress website complete with custom themes and plugins for a conglomerate in the USA. The company does over 10 billion USD in revenue yearly and employs over 30000 people. I cant mention the name here or someone on my team can link it back to me.

Honestly tech to me is the only place I can advise Nigerians to go into and the best place to start especially if you are underprivileged is in the university. If you have no laptop, a lot of your colleagues will have and you can borrow or you can utilise any computer at your school labs which are mostly empty anyway. I wish I knew about this industry in the university. My free time at school was used in watching movies and playing video games. So annoying.
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2021
All4good:

If you are opportuned to study Engineering please finish your studies with at least a 2-2 and get a job to build/ acquire practical experience. But let me say that Civil and Electrical Engr will be my advice to any youngster. You can't go wrong with those two courses. They can take you anywhere at a short notice and their demand cuts across various sectors /industries.
As a Civil Engineer with over 20 years, I can tell you that at times I could be 5 years without a formal job and then an opportunity comes seeking me out (as I wasn't even looking) and what I acquire/ earn within a year is far more than what some oil company staff earn in 3 years. But this is only possible if you got some good practical experience throwing yourself into the job to gain as much experience in your early career stage.

That said there are still too many opportunities in the engineering field for someone actively searching. You can look at other developing African countries like Rwanda or Ethiopia. Engineers find jobs where there are active developments and reconstruction. Nigeria is largely stagnant at the moment, reason why there is a lack of job. But at soon as the senseless political issues are dealt with, massive development will start, foreign direct investment will peak and if there are No Nigerian Engineers to fill the openings, Indians will come to the rescue as usual.

I want to say that anyone reading this thread should take note of this post. Do not joke with this post. It's very deep. It is after 10 years of experience you will start realizing the meaning of this post.

However, going by the present Nigeria, if you graduate even with a third class in engineering, pick up programing. The rate you will catch up and beat 20 years experienced programmers without engineering background will surprise you. If I was looking for a programmer today, you get my attention as soon as I saw engineering as your major. Even it is polythecnic or technical college. All I want to see is that you put in Calculus, Algebra, Statistics, Circuits, Thermodynamics, Tension and Forces, Fluid, etc in your brain. Those topics are spices that will "ginger" your brain to function in an exponential degree when it comes to logic and designing. Electrical Engineering students have that advantage as circuits is logic. System engineering too has got so much binary codes in it too. Computer science students who joined designing team always go the engineering route. Engineering is a degree for any smart guy anyday anytime, even it is aeronautic engineering, just do it. I am telling you that the way such brains work is different.

3 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Of recent, whenever people try to learn web development, I see comments desisting the person and telling them the field is over saturated and they should try things like data science and machine learning.
Just seeing your thread. I agree that anyone who says web development is over saturated is not saying the truth. However, there are several "jam jam" web developers out there these days. And it is why web development jobs have filled Fiverr. This is a signal it is getting too popular.

I feel its hogwash. With regards to Nigeria, the field of web development is honestly a 7 year old career to be realistic. The tech industry didnt start gaining any waves till like 5 years ago when a lot of funding went to the industry alongside the huge paystack exit. As of 2013, how many programmers even existed in Nigeria. Things were so bad that when Andela launched, they were paying people to learn to code. I mean people were being paid to learn to code. 80k alongside a brand new MacBook alongside many other benefits. Most of the people who were smart enough to take advantage of such opportunities are out of the country now as senior or mid-level devs or running very successful tech startups in Nigeria eg the founder of Eden life.

So how is a 7-year-old thing saturated? Its like people think web development is all about downloading pirated WordPress themes and installing them and you can call it a day. There are so many parts of web development that there arent even any developers in Nigeria for. Like they dont even exist. Even the so called wordpress how many people dive into the deep end?
You cracked me with your question. Bro, the rate web development is going, high school students will start picking it up soon. Mark my words, it will soon be a major subjects in high schools. Even, more apps will come in and will start taking over jobs. Most especially, I see frontend codes may be done by everyone like using MSWord. Might be, database and backend will be more relevant soon. I see Java still very relevant. But html maybe something even high school students will pick up very soon.

What a lot of people are yet to understand is that the internet as we all use it is less than 30 years old. Big tech giants controlling the globe today like Amazon, Google and Netflix are less than 28 years old. Imagine what will happen when the whole wide world has the same internet access that the west has. Imagine what will be built and who will build them? Web developers. Just look at india, Bangalore (india's sillicon valley) salaries are matching those of sillicon valley now. People are earning six figure dollar incomes. The same thing is going to happen in africa, I am not optimistic about the continent sha and with the advent of remote work, your location does not stop you from earning a good income. A lot of sillicon valley startups are removing location based pay. So if you in Nigeria manage to get job with them you will be earning the same thing with your counterparts there. Imagine earning 150k USD a year in one village in osun state.
When the whole world will have access to the internet, trust me, we'll be doing frontend like MsWord. Lol. Apps will come out. This is what we will do at the time.

If people want to see saturation they should talk about engineering. Fields like Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and petroleum engineering. Jobs dont exist in this fields now. Things are so bad that even with a very good first class, its still very tough getting a job except you want to go and do a Masters and PHD and end up lecturing. What of the field of law, teaching? Web developers can work anywhere in the world. Aside remotely, a lot of visa sponsorship jobs exist catering to web developers. You cant get this in engineering.
In Nigeria, there is no job at all. This is the problem. But with computer science, you are finished in Nigeria. Thank God for remote jobs which gives peanuts. Anyone can learn programming, even an Igbo language degree holder. However, if you study engineering, you still have hope of getting jobs in Nigeria. And listen to me, Nigeria is waiting for power to start functioning well. As soon as this is done, the first set of people who will get jobs are engineers. No country can do without engineers. And they will earn more money than programmers when look into the total dished out cash as salaries to both industries. However, programmers who are smart will top the salary scale list. Even as at this moment, the likes of Dangote employs more engineers. His refiery will employ more engineers too. I guess you arent in engineering, so you dont know.

But basically speaking, there is no job at all in Nigeria. We are just smart set of people and we are tough. This is why we always find a way around everything. This is where Nigeria is different from Haiti. I dont know....I really think Haitians arent that smart in my opinion. What Nigerians are passing through is too much, yet, we are still standing. Even you as a person...OP, you deserve a standing ovation. I tell you.

Nigerian case is not about saturation of jobs in any industry, but there is no job. Even the president said it happily recently while using it to threaten protesters. The man called Buhari doesnt understand the joke is on him. And I think he is beginning to feel it too cos I heard him say history should be fair to him. History can never be fair to Buhari. Never. A failure two times is a permanent failure. The same way he took away jobs in 1983 to 85 is what he is doing again. I mean....sir, no job at all in Nigeria. So the issue of saturation does not come in here.

We can also take a look at linkedin jobs. I will post the picture of petroleum engineering a supposedly hotcake engineering field which a lot of people are dying for and believe in getting a big oil company job and just wordpress which a ton of people hate. Petroleum engineering has just 2000 available vacancies worldwide with most jobs having over 50 applicants while wordpress has over 30000 vacancies online. Wordpress is like the lowest hanging fruit in just web development. If I start to mention the gazillion amount of jobs in other places eh lipsrsealed

Please web development is not saturated at all. That is a lie.
Well, let us just be grateful to OBJ for giving us mobile communication. My only thing about him is that he was too relaxed and didnt get power right. If he had gotten power right, we wouldn't be where we are today. Nigeria will be better. The dividend of mobile communication is what we are enjoying. When I first picked Java, if was just in books, and laptop was so expensive then also. All these free camps weren't there. For where? And I didnt enjoy it at all. I had to leave it and moved to something else. Now imagine NITEL (Maybe you dont even know who is NITEL grin) was still in charge. O boy! I believe you still experienced NEPA climbing ladder to cut off electric lines.....that's how NITEL people did in those days too. And if dem cut am...you were in soup. To find your cable....na wahala. While tracing yours, they cut several others unknowing...the whole connection was rubbish. So, virtually every week, we all used to report to their offices for complains. Just know that as your line was restored, another person was about to cut it off. You may be on an important call and that's it. Till 2 month before you could get online again. And after you complained, it may last even a day to even listen to you. Lol. We just kept praying no one complained in our areas. And then, they brought so called digital lines then. Lol. A beg, make a leave the long story. You are all lucky. I mean, you young generations are so lucky. What we passed through, you guys aren't facing anything today. I am telling you the truth. With GSM, internet came into play. Then, the likes of Mike Adenuga came on board.

So, as it is, you made sense in that programming is a good way to get jobs. But really, it seems you know about programming only. Do you know the amount of cash people generate with crypto and forex trading? Of course people lose too. grin Also, do you know the amount of money people generate writing - copyrighting and content writing? All dividends of what OBJ did.

Do you know how ladies are hustling on Twitter selling ladies accessories? Some make more cash than web programmers. Yet, Buhari took this away too. And Malami the attorney general went to court to lie that FG didnt stop Nigerians from using Twitter after their threats and bullying. Web programming is just hustling like the rest.

Now, this is the point people who know this thing is trying to make. Let me use writing as an example. An ordinary writer on Fiverr earns 0.01 to 0.05$ per word. But a content writer who knows his stuff earns around 0.3 to 1$ per word. Check the huge difference. 500 words article for a good content writer who knows SEO is around $250 at 0.5 per word. Imagine he gets 500 to 2,000 words article jobs and writes just 2 articles per week - $2,000 per month. That's N990,000. Whereas the one on Fiver takes 0.01 and writes 2,500 words. And writes like every day. Of course, many rejections cos of many mistakes, and the person isn't resting. If he succeeds to submit daily (which is impossible), he gets $700 at the end of the month. Trust me, the articles are rubbish. And he is going to wear out soon, and slides to $100 monthly.

Now, apply the same to programming. Though, web programming is still ok, but oga, if care is not taking, most of those doing it will stay in it till the jobs are no more required cos like I said, we will soon start using apps to do most of what web developers are paid for.

Now, after all I have written, everyone should start innovating. I think we have discussed this issue. It is good to enter it now that it is still helping, but it will not last forever. Start innovating. And this is where Python which you criticized comes in. Not necessarily you use python, but with what you know, start in innovating. Python just makes life very easy for programmers who are beginners. That's all.

Even in Web development, so much to innovate. So, I really think backend is the main area people should be working on more after they are financially stabilized. And I really don't think there are so many fantastic front end opportunities.

Goodluck sir!

6 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by oluwaniyi66(m): 7:06am On Jul 29, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Good morning sir,

Please can you itemize the udemy courses you used during your learning period? And also the months it took you per course. How many months did you spend overall in your learning process? This will really prepare our minds on how long it will take. You already said that you spent two months in the project you included in your portfolio.

Please sir, are you purely front end or back end, full stack or WordPress? Thank you as you reply.

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:22am On Jul 29, 2021
oluwaniyi66:

Good morning sir,

Please can you itemize the udemy courses you used during your learning period? And also the months it took you per course. How many months did you spend overall in your learning process? This will really prepare our minds on how long it will take. You already said that you spent two months in the project you included in your portfolio.

Please sir, are you purely front end or back end, full stack or WordPress? Thank you as you reply.
Any html course will do. The problem starts with CSS. I recommend CSS the complete guide by Maxmillian Schwartz. After CSS, I also recommend JavaScript the complete guide by Maxmillian Schwartz. For react, I also recommend react by Maxmillian Schwartz. You would need to buy the react course though. The free one isn't updated and uses class based components.

It took me six months from when I started learning to my first job. Well I categorise myself as a platform Developer. I stopped watching tutorials after react and all my further learning has been done by reading docs.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Carmal90(m): 8:50am On Jul 29, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Any html course will do. The problem starts with CSS. I recommend CSS the complete guide by Maxmillian Schwartz. After CSS, I also recommend JavaScript the complete guide by Maxmillian Schwartz. For react, I also recommend react by Maxmillian Schwartz. You would need to buy the react course though. The free one isn't updated and uses class based components.

It took me six months from when I started learning to my first job. Well I categorise myself as a platform Developer. I stopped watching tutorials after react and all my further learning has been done by reading docs.

Thanks
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by oluwaniyi66(m): 10:54am On Jul 29, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Thank you so much for sharing sir.

I can't thank you enough
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by oluwaniyi66(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Please sir, I've not heard platform developer before. Can you please explain what that is all about?
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:11am On Jul 29, 2021
oluwaniyi66:

Please sir, I've not heard platform developer before. Can you please explain what that is all about?
Platform developers write out code to extend the functionality of specific platforms. Platforms like wordpress, magento, shopify, salesforce, servicenow et al.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by oluwaniyi66(m): 2:41am On Jul 30, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Platform developers write out code to extend the functionality of specific platforms. Platforms like wordpress, magento, shopify, salesforce, servicenow et al.

Thank you very much sir.

Please, how did you discover that aspect of development?
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Utchaykuku(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2021
ibromodzi:

No problem
bro can I mail you I've got some questions for you I'm into data science MLa nd AI I'd like some directions on freelancing, if you can also drop your What'sapp handle i'd appreciate
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Amazingmeroses: 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
LikeAking:

Oga mention all the gazzilion jobs .

You could try remote teaching.

https://amazingmeroses..com/2021/08/sample-script-for-esl-teaching.html

SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR ESL TEACHING INTRODUCTION VIDEO
Since the Covid epidemic began, a lot of job seekers have sought remote jobs. Adverts on different professions are all over the place. When applying for a teaching job, especially a remote one, you might be asked to make a short introduction video. It could seem quite daunting, especially, if you are not acquainted with such. It is not difficult. You do not have to be an orator to achieve this. You are not expected to create a script of 1000 words. The length of the video will depend on the number of words. The video is usually between 2 - 5mins, so 200 - 300 words would do. Remember to smile while shooting the video. Don’t be too serious. You do not need to memorise the script. It is supposed to guide you and streamline your script.

Here are a few tips to guide you in writing the script.

l Introduce yourself. You could begin with a greeting, your name, and what you do.

l Talk about your interests. Do not exaggerate or lie to make yourself look good. Your interest could be nature, photography, volunteer work, travel, etc.

l Explain why you love teaching.

l What students should expect to get from your class.

l Convince the students or listener to choose you.

Take a look at the example below.

Good day, my name is Sean. I reside in Lagos, Nigeria. I am a graduate of English Education. I teach language arts, and I have been a teacher for over six years. I have experience with teaching students in elementary, middle and, high school. I enjoy reading novels and comics. Although I have access to many eBooks, I prefer to get the hard copy, especially the hardcover, which is usually more expensive than the paperback.

As an English Language teacher, I teach grammar, reading and comprehension, spelling and research skills, writing and its mechanics, and speech work. I love teaching because it gives me a chance to see how kids see the world. Through language arts and reading lessons, I can share the knowledge I have with students. Teaching is not tiresome. Every class, every class is different despite the routine. I create a conducive atmosphere where students can relate with me comfortably. I love to hear their feedback and questions, and I go out of my way to address their concerns.

I had an autistic pupil in my class for a year. It gave me great satisfaction to see him comprehend what was taught, interact with his peers and, become less dependent. I constantly learn from students because learning never stops.

Join me on this learning journey. You will be glad to have me as your teacher. Thank you.

Take note of the following:

l Remember to shoot the video in a bright environment.

l Ensure that the camera is stable.

l Your background should not be dull but it should not be too colourful so that it does not distract the listener from you.

https://amazingmeroses..com/
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by GavinThompson: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2021
I needed to find a service that can implement a wide range of ready-made functions. I read that Angular speeds up the development process and allows for faster release of the product, as well as lower costs. In addition, Angular is widely recognized as the most consistent of the front-end technologies, as it allows programmers to design a module or component in a commonly used way. So I went to https://www.miquido.com/frontend-development-company/ for help, so the code written with Angular is usually clean and understandable for other developers.
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by wurabecca(f): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
plat0:
You guys should also encourage the females around you to bid for customer support and virtual assistant jobs. I know a couple of ladies making a killing in that niche. Tell them to get basic hubspot certifications.

Hello, I'd like to send you mail regarding this, I'm optimistic about it.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by Emeraldfynest(m): 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
Good evening boss, I always follow your posts and I must say you are really good. I am trying to learn some digital skills now, UI/UX design, animation video and motion graphics specifically. But the thing is I'm very new to design, I don't even have a laptop yet but will surely get one soon.

Do you think I'm making the right choice by not starting with Graphics Design? I just developed a liking for UI/UX. Thanks. Other comments from other people will also be appreciated pls.
tensazangetsu20:

The 650 was worldwide o. What I used to do then was go country by country search the number of shipping companies and send unsolicited applications it was useless. As for Nigeria, I had a very nice shoe I bought when i graduated. I used to wear it with corporate shirts and trousers to job hunt in Apapa. That shoe spoilt because of job hunting. I dont think theres any shipping company in Nigeria that doesnt have a copy of my CV on file. As for wordpress, I do the deep stuff. Custom themes and plugins. I know PHP. I recently just built a website a wordpress website complete with custom themes and plugins for a conglomerate in the USA. The company does over 10 billion USD in revenue yearly and employs over 30000 people. I cant mention the name here or someone on my team can link it back to me.

Honestly tech to me is the only place I can advise Nigerians to go into and the best place to start especially if you are underprivileged is in the university. If you have no laptop, a lot of your colleagues will have and you can borrow or you can utilise any computer at your school labs which are mostly empty anyway. I wish I knew about this industry in the university. My free time at school was used in watching movies and playing video games. So annoying.
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
Good evening boss, I always follow your posts and I must say you are really good. I am trying to learn some digital skills now, UI/UX design, animation video and motion graphics specifically. But the thing is I'm very new to design, I don't even have a laptop yet but will surely get one soon.

Do you think I'm making the right choice by not starting with Graphics Design? I just developed a liking for UI/UX. Thanks. Other comments from other people will also be appreciated pls.
Yeah UI/UX is a really good field.
Re: The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development. by babasolution: 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah UI/UX is a really good field.

Sir,pls how does one move from watching tutorials to getting a job or freelance jobs.Pls I need your assistance on this question. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? / Can I Code With My Phone / Will You Choose Your Girlfriend Over Your Computer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.