Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding (55758 Views)

Yusuf Buhari's Wedding: Governors, Ministers, Others Storm Emir Of Kano’s Palace / Aisha Buhari Visits Late COAS Wife With All Her Children / Governor Umahi Welcomes APC Governors, Ministers To Ebonyi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by whirlwind7(m): 6:20am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
Actually the wedding has been planned before the incident and since they’re not related by blood I see nothing bad here or you want them to cancel the wedding cos dat?

Pragmatic. The truth.
I totally agree with you.

Let's face another truth that isn't so obvious, or many won't like to admit:
The COAS is a nobody, in the grand scheme of things.
Other than rising through the ranks that a quota system afforded him, he isn't anything more than a hired gun, a tool. If it was his wedding today rather his funeral, most of the northern politicians will still attend Malami's son's wedding.

5 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by jmichael259(m): 6:21am On May 23, 2021
Capslock01:
In as much as I'd like to say maybe those governors are not close pal with the late COAS

But his position deserves some kind of reference

Imagine US/Russia COAS died, can the state governors gather to attend a wed because it was pre-planned?

Maybe sending delegates would have made sense.

But then what do I know?

And then, this Nigeria anything goes

even the GCFR no attend.

I think Obama missed Muhammad Ali's burial for his daughter's secondary school graduation.� Some things are already fixed while the other sprung up in a matter of few days or few hours and can be revisited on the way home from the fixed occasion.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Trustedpronet: 6:21am On May 23, 2021
The op is very stupid for trying to incite the army. What kind of journalism is this. This kind of post might make the new COAS more wicked than the previous or even overthrow the government. Tell me who dey plan for Muslim dead body? Die and be buried within 24hours even without orthopsy.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by mbong: 6:27am On May 23, 2021
deantimes:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/photos-northern-govs-ministers-lawmakers-shun-burial-of-late-coas-attahiru-attend-malami-sons-wedding/

A wedding had been planed for months and someone dies a day before the wedding, not blood relations and you expect them to put their wedding on hold? Hypocrisy of the highest order!
After the wedding go and condole the family of the dead. Its not only one day of mourning, you have many days to mourn. My prayers goes to the family of the departed.

But on the flick side , how many people mourn the common people that die everyday and what is done to ameliorate the deaths and sufferings all around?

Only God can console in the time of loss and grief and leave healing to tine

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by fareed69(m): 6:30am On May 23, 2021
This wedding must have been fixed way long ago.
Attahiru died on Friday night does it mean the marriage should be cancelled?
Death and birth happen daily that's the scenario of life .
May COAS and his entourage rest in Peace.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Chiedu4Trump: 6:34am On May 23, 2021
fareed69:
This wedding must have been fixed way long ago.
Attahiru died on Friday night does it mean the marriage should be cancelled?
Death and birth happen daily that's the scenario of life .
May COAS and his entourage rest in Peace.
The wedding can be put on hold for a week, its very disrespectful

Anyways He got what he deserved

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by xpool(m): 6:34am On May 23, 2021
Lordjiggs09:
Na dem Dem, make we no de kill ourselves on top everything
I support you 100%.
But e be like say the dead Chief of army staff no be cabal member o, not even one governor? Even the president?

Na dem know sef

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Ikpongiton: 6:38am On May 23, 2021
The general has stepped on powerful toes.he wanted to end boko haram with all means, and remove bread from the mouth of it's sponsors .

4 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by reuben81: 6:41am On May 23, 2021
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Montaque(m): 6:48am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
Actually the wedding has been planned before the incident and since they’re not related by blood I see nothing bad here or you want them to cancel the wedding cos dat?

I think the article does not even want the burial to be cancelled. But the full show of presence and zero presence at the Burial is what the grouse is. No even their deputies. If you planned to attend the wedding of your friend and hears of a tragic even like this for someone thats important to you, will you still attend the wedding in the full glory you had planned to? Now, not even the President attended.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by paxonel(m): 6:48am On May 23, 2021
deantimes:

Amidst national grief on the day the late Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Ibrahim Attahiru, is being buried, some Northern governors and ministers rather than join Nigerians to mourn, attended the wedding ceremony of Abubakar Malami’s son.
what do you expect the governors to do, abandon a wedding that they have agreed to attend long before the incidence of the COAS's death?
Una nor get sense o!
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Mrbenny001: 6:48am On May 23, 2021
Nigerians are quick to forget..the day almost 30 or so of our soldiers that died from bokoharam ambush.. Buhari and his governor were all rejoicing at one yeye weeding like that on the day they we're being buried

3 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Deborah98(f): 6:50am On May 23, 2021
nyiamfrank:
That wedding was fixed before the burial
in other words let the dead bury their dead grin

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Oizee(f): 6:50am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
don't mind them...his death might be a personal pain to
some but, that doesn't mean others should not live their lives again now.
No one should take any position or power so personally cuz if death comes, ur absence won't even be noticed in a gathering like dis.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2021
But that wedding plan had been on ever since.
You couldn't have just wished they scrap it at the last hours nah.

I think this thread is uncalled for, looking at what it was driving at. Some sections went to attahiru's burial, while others attending the childish brain of a Malami son's wedding.

All is fair in love and WAR!!!!
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Imagynation: 6:55am On May 23, 2021
Be careful op,do you want the blood sucking demon in the sky to suck their blood too?They can't go by road except by air and the air is obviously infected with the ghosts of the dead officers!
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by drlateef: 6:58am On May 23, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Y i come dey pity attahiru wife undecided ? Don't blame people but look at the religion style. It came impromptu and u people are already burying him the next minute even before anybody plan travelling

If they wanted something bigger, they would have held on atleast more days...

What religious style? Bigots are here again. When Idris Debbie died and was to be buried Emmanuel Macron of France flew in the next day and was at the burial. That’s how we know true friends and false mourners.

7 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Dpeachi: 7:02am On May 23, 2021
nyiamfrank:

It doesn't matter. You give honor to whom honor is due sad
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by dopedealer(m): 7:03am On May 23, 2021
phemmie06:
Hmmm. The governors are always complaining of insecurity the man fighting the insecurity was dead on active service and no one could honor him with just 30 minutes even Deputies could not be sent. Does that mean that they don't love him or what? Even the man that Gen Buhari (retd) sent said he come to express his heartless condolences
Where did we get it wrong as a nation? Fighting for Nigeria is not a sensible option

Instead of "heartfelt" condolence"
English palava
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by 8stargeneral: 7:04am On May 23, 2021
Ganduje was like ...So,make I no go wedding wey I done sow agbada finish...see as him dey laugh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by EmekaBlue(m): 7:05am On May 23, 2021
drlateef:

What religious style? Bigots are here again. When Idris Debbie died and was to be buried Emmanuel Macron of France flew in the next day and was at the burial. That’s how we know true friends and false mourners.
for calling me a bigot with my harmless post lemme act like one. See ur macron at d wedding breaking Islam rule touching Debbie's wife on hijab

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Soulsymbol99: 7:06am On May 23, 2021
Obviously the FG/cabal dnt care abt him. Then am nt sure he is with the insurgents (boko haram). So who was he actually working for? cool or is it hw either of the two treat one of their own?
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Nobody: 7:06am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
You have a very myopic mind. You are bringing ur local family issues to national issues. As national leaders any matter that concerns the nation is their family issues too. Even in your school or department when Simeone dies don't they cancel activities that day? Are all of you related to the person that died? Why are u bringing local issues and comparing it to national issues?

4 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Okoroawusa: 7:07am On May 23, 2021
Yeye journalism...

Someone died by 6pm on Friday and is buried early Saturday according to religious rites and you want the whole Nigeria to be there? Looking for blames where there are none?

Everything na news these days...
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Eminem707(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2021
Franzinni:
Maybe the COAS wasn't important, or maybe he was even in their way, so to them it might just be good riddance... Hypothetically speaking.

See them smiling while their country is in shambles ... Let this be a point of reference for 2023 vote wisely or suffer foolishly. These people don't care for anybody but the amount of zeros to the right of their bank statement.

They went there to worship Malami the new head of the presidential cabal after using and killing the COAS its a lesson to us all use your head before they use dump and kill you in this country.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by rajoys: 7:14am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:

Not cancel the wedding but why not send representatives like Deputy Governor, SSG or Commissioner for Special duties to represent them in the wedding. As leaders, so many people and things depend on you and your correct judgment to choose or make the right decision is what truly make a great leader. It was a national tragedy we talk about here and some of the state of those Governors are battling with insecurity which the Late COAS is fighting before his demise. RIP to the dead.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Slydegeneral000: 7:14am On May 23, 2021
electhnd:
The day I did my wedding, my uncle died, even the uncle of the girl died, you want to tell me to stop the wedding or wedding that they have been planning for months people my people or hers should not come grin

If it were ur dad or mum, will u proceed with the wedding?

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by sevenhundred(m): 7:16am On May 23, 2021
nyiamfrank:
why can't they sent a delegate on behalf of northern governor, at least.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by CoolAmbience(m): 7:27am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:

Nigerians will always talk.

Why didn't they make a list of those who attended the burial to juxtapose.

Are those in attendance at the so-called wedding bigger than Senate President Ahmad Lawan; SGF Boss Mustapha; Gov. Nasir El-Rufai; Chief of Defence Staff Leo Irabor; Chief of Air Staff Isiaka Amao; Information Minister Lai Muhammed, among others.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by uniquetechng: 7:28am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
COAS is sixth most important person in the nation, courtesy demands that the president,VP, CJ and CBN governor are present at his burial ceremony.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by uniquetechng: 7:28am On May 23, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Nigerians will always talk.

Why didn't they make a list of those who attended the burial to juxtapose.

Are those in attendance at the so-called wedding bigger than Senate President Ahmad Lawan; SGF Boss Mustapha; Gov. Nasir El-Rufai; Chief of Defence Staff Leo Irabor; Chief of Air Staff Isiaka Amao; Information Minister Lai Muhammed, among others.

COAS is sixth most important person in the nation, courtesy demands that the president,VP, CJ and CBN governor are present at his burial ceremony.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by mechanics(m): 7:29am On May 23, 2021
It's well with them, they don't know that is inevitable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Attahiru Jega Joins PRP (Peoples Redemption Party) / Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly / 3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.