Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding (55760 Views)

Yusuf Buhari's Wedding: Governors, Ministers, Others Storm Emir Of Kano’s Palace / Aisha Buhari Visits Late COAS Wife With All Her Children / Governor Umahi Welcomes APC Governors, Ministers To Ebonyi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by abimic(m): 7:30am On May 23, 2021
jmichael259:

I think Obama missed Muhammad Ali's burial for his daughter's secondary school graduation.� Some things are already fixed while the other sprung up in a matter of few days or few hours and can be revisited on the way home from the fixed occasion.
If Lloyd Austin, the US secretary of defense dare loses his life, in whatever circumstances, those in the president inner circle must definitely honor him, not just that, the president would assure the world in a live broadcast, that everything is fine, though lost a hero, and probably declare a sober mood for one week. In Nigeria, even if all our citizens are dying, the president would jet out to attend meetings, governors would be acting inhumane like they're spirit and would never die. Our leaders see death of citizens and armed officers as normal thing, and they don't care if much more lose their lives, so long they're not related by blood. Even if Nigerians are dying, buhari would still continue his whatever celebration abi na fruitless conferences abroad, come back to Nigeria till it's concluded, and act like nothing happened, so malami isn't any different from his principal. They are there to satisfy the law as they deem it fit, not to please Nigerians and her armed officers.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Fgwa: 7:33am On May 23, 2021
[quote author=akeentech post=101970824]Actually the wedding has been planned before the incident and since they’re not related by blood I see nothing bad here or you want them to cancel the wedding cos dat?[/quote
Like it or leave it, they are related as one nation and they are pioneers of the country. Gen Atahiru's death is a great lost to the nation therefore all that are participating in shearing the national cake should have taken it serious.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by drlateef: 7:33am On May 23, 2021
EmekaBlue:
for calling me a bigot with my harmless post lemme act like one. See ur macron at d wedding breaking Islam rule touching Debbie's wife on hijab

That’s not the discuss now. That’s a matter for the family of the woman, not you.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:35am On May 23, 2021
Capslock01:
In as much as I'd like to say maybe those governors are not close pal with the late COAS

But his position deserves some kind of reference

Imagine US/Russia COAS died, can the state governors gather to attend a wed because it was pre-planned?

Maybe sending delegates would have made sense.

But then what do I know?

And then, this Nigeria anything goes

even the GCFR no attend.
you can imagine, I'm suspecting they kill that man, the entire nation suppose shut down for 24hrs in his honor, this is a wake up call to all soldiers, all these bastards call politicians don't care about thier COAS, is it private soldiers in warfront they will care about? Yet they will send you out like a zombies, and you will go and die for nothing.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by CoolAmbience(m): 7:36am On May 23, 2021
Dpaulie:
That shows you how insensitive this government is

Mumu!

What has this got to do with national insensitivity?

Did you attend the burial? Or are you not a Nigerian?

The Defence Minister represented the President/C-I-C at the burial. The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, was there; and SGF Boss Mustapha, Gov. Nasir El-Rufai, Information Minister Lai Muhammad, Chief of Defence Staff Leo Irabor, among others.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by BlackFlamefromP: 7:45am On May 23, 2021
You guys should stop being mischievous. we all know how fast muslims bury their dead without wasting time unlike Christians who can delay burial for months. You don't expect people who already had some important appointment to suddenly cancel them just like that.

BTW, the fact that they couldn't attend the burial doesn't mean they won't pay condolence visit to the family of the departed later on.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by detectivejones: 7:46am On May 23, 2021
Priority I'd say
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by CoolAmbience(m): 7:47am On May 23, 2021
Franzinni:
Maybe the COAS wasn't important, or maybe he was even in their way, so to them it might just be good riddance... Hypothetically speaking.

See them smiling while their country is in shambles ... Let this be a point of reference for 2023 vote wisely or suffer foolishly. These people don't care for anybody but the amount of zeros to the right of their bank statement.

Una nor just get sense.

Are those governors that attended the wedding the only leaders we have in Nigeria?

So Defence Minister that represented the President; Senate President Ahmed Lawan; SGF Boss Mustapha; CDS Leo Irabor; Gov. Nasir El-Rufai; Information Minister Alhaji Lai Muhammed, and a host of others that attended the burial, are Ghanaian leaders abi?

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Dpaulie(m): 7:49am On May 23, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Mumu!

What has this got to do with national insensitivity?

Did you attend the burial? Or are you not a Nigerian?

The Defence Minister represented the President/C-I-C at the burial. The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, was there; and SGF Boss Mustapha, Gov. Nasir El-Rufai, Information Minister Lai Muhammad, Chief of Defence Staff Leo Irabor, among others.
Thank u for the insult..God bless u
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Nobody: 7:49am On May 23, 2021
Marriage don suffer! So na your wife be 'girl' You referred to you legally married hard earned wife as "the girl" in public? Better change ooo.
electhnd:
The day I did my wedding, my uncle died, even the uncle of the girl died, you want to tell me to stop the wedding or wedding that they have been planning for months people my people or hers should not come grin
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Renforce: 7:50am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
Actually the wedding has been planned before the incident and since they’re not related by blood I see nothing bad here or you want them to cancel the wedding cos dat?

Wow! You lots are the real problem with this country. So buhari too isn't related by blood to him? Just wow!

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by plantist: 7:51am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
Actually the wedding has been planned before the incident and since they’re not related by blood I see nothing bad here or you want them to cancel the wedding cos dat?

Had been planned. Please take note.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Microwhy: 7:52am On May 23, 2021
Salat al-Ghaib was performed for COAS at the said wedding before the wedding proper.
If you guys don't know how things is done in Islam, then you lot should keep quiet before spreading fake news.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by HOVER206: 7:54am On May 23, 2021
He died another man's death
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:02am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
exactly my thought, since the wedding has been fixed before the incident.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by CoolAmbience(m): 8:03am On May 23, 2021
uniquetechng:
COAS is sixth most important person in the nation, courtesy demands that the president,VP, CJ and CBN governor are present at his burial ceremony.

Mr. Ignorance!

It is not about order of importance.

We all are important.

But to correct you, saying that he is the 6th most important person in Nigeria is a blantant lie.

The COAS' passing is very unfortunate and a national tradegy, but we should not use it as a ground for division and peddling of lies.

The right order should be: 1). President 2). Vice President 3). Senate President / Chairman NASS 4). Speaker HOR 5). Chief Justice of the Federation 6) Deputy Senate President 7). Deputy Speaker........

Not even his senior, the Chief of Defence Staff, Leo Irabor, is in the no. 6 spot.

If you were smart, you'd imagine that there may have been expert security advisory against the President or VP's direct attendance.

Na so una take praise Chad President wey dem take kill am.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:10am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
exactly my thought since the weddimg had been fixed before the incident.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by BlackFlamefromP: 8:11am On May 23, 2021
Baba be realistic and stop being so negative. The religion and culture there in the US is not islam that is practiced here in Nigeria.

If the US Secretary of Defense were a muslim and he die and they had to bury him in a hurry immediately or within 24 hours in accordance with islamic tradition those who already had some important appointment cannot just suddenly cancel those appointments to attend burial. They might pay condolence visit to the family later.

abimic:

If Lloyd Austin, the US secretary of defense dare loses his life, in whatever circumstances, those in the president inner circle must definitely honor him, not just that, the president would assure the world in a live broadcast, that everything is fine, though lost a hero, and probably declare a sober mood for one week. In Nigeria, even if all our citizens are dying, the president would jet out to attend meetings, governors would be acting inhumane like they're spirit and would never die. Our leaders see death of citizens and armed officers as normal thing, and they don't care if much more lose their lives, so long they're not related by blood. Even if Nigerians are dying, buhari would still continue his whatever celebration abi na fruitless conferences abroad, come back to Nigeria till it's concluded, and act like nothing happened, so malami isn't any different from his principal. They are there to satisfy the law as they deem it fit, not to please Nigerians and her armed officers.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:14am On May 23, 2021
Heartless leaders.!!!
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by CoolAmbience(m): 8:14am On May 23, 2021
Dpaulie:

Thank u for the insult..God bless u

Your disrespect for the nation in a period of mourning was what earned you that.

I don't see what you people gain from causing divisions.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by gotnel: 8:29am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:

They are not related by blood.
Yes, but the father of the groom who is the minister of justice and attorney general of the federation is bound by his position to have adjusted the celebrations in a way to reflect the mood of the country.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by emmykey0128(m): 8:31am On May 23, 2021
phemmie06:

30 minutes can't be spared?
or even sending their deputies self, na wa for naija o
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by uniquetechng: 8:32am On May 23, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Mr. Ignorance!

It is not about order of importance.

We all are important.

But to correct you, saying that he is the 6th most important person in Nigeria is a blantant lie.

The COAS' passing is very unfortunate and a national tradegy, but we should not use it as a ground for division and peddling of lies.

The right order should be: 1). President 2). Vice President 3). Senate President / Chairman NASS 4). Speaker HOR 5). Chief Justice of the Federation 6) Deputy Senate President 7). Deputy Speaker........

Not even his senior, the Chief of Defence Staff, Leo Irabor, is in the no. 6 spot.

If you were smart, you'd imagine that there may have been expert security advisory against the President or VP's direct attendance.

Na so una take praise Chad President wey dem take kill am.

I don't engage kids who can't argue intelligently rather than throwing insults at random strangers on a faceless forum, you called me Mr. Ignorance but ended up worse than my 21yrs old son.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by ablejesus26(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2021
nyiamfrank:
That wedding was fixed before the burial

The wedding is a private matter,we are talking about something that concerns the country,you are talking about a wedding ceremony.
So the coupon will die if they don't attend right?
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Polyglot7pointO: 8:40am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:
sinners judging other sinners sinning differently
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by tunary(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2021
Hypocrites
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by sheubaba2013: 8:43am On May 23, 2021
And these same military men are the people guiding these good for nothing politicians.

Chai! I am speechless
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Frankkelworld: 8:45am On May 23, 2021
You'll be complaining for nothing, what's the President present? And is it in the constitution that they must attend? When Yaradua died did all the Governors attended? So you'll should cut the crap and move on
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Franzinni: 8:48am On May 23, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Una nor just get sense.

Are those governors that attended the wedding the only leaders we have in Nigeria?

So Defence Minister that represented the President; Senate President Ahmed Lawan; SGF Boss Mustapha; CDS Leo Irabor; Gov. Nasir El-Rufai; Information Minister Alhaji Lai Muhammed, and a host of others that attended the burial, are Ghanaian leaders abi?

sense man , are you trying to tell me that you have found an excuse why they shouldn't be there ? Becasue others didn't go ? Or maybe they are afraid of the country they created ?
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by OpinionCounts(m): 8:53am On May 23, 2021
akeentech:

There is nothing wrong with the Malamis holding the wedding, because like you said, the wedding of course must have been fixed already some time ago, but there is everything wrong with the governors attending the wedding on the very day, hour and minutes that the country is burying its COAS, the governors would have sent representatives to stand in for them so as to honor the COAS, even the celebrant will understand.
That is how things are done in countries where the leaders have sense.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by Raymondpep(m): 8:59am On May 23, 2021
So because of the burial they should cancel the marriage that was planned for that day, things are not done that way no amount of cry can bring back the death.
Re: Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding by adebwalex(m): 9:03am On May 23, 2021
SO YOU WANT HIM TO CANCEL IS SON WEEDING BECAUSE COAS DEATH. WHAT A THINKING? I BELIEVE A MINUTE SILENCE MUST HAVE BE DONE TO HONOUR THE DEAD BY THE GUEST.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Rotimi Amaechi Convinced Buhari To Wear A Suit During The Campaign Era / PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Process, Says Results Were Concocted By APC. / 3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.