Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685316 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
Shefunmih:

Congratulations dear

PPR Today
First time applicant.

Application submitted : April 28th
Correspondence Letter : June 25th
PPR : July 21st

The wait in between the correspondence letter and PPR wasn’t easy but we move sha.

Thank y’all for all your selfless and generous tips you continue to give on here, it was and will always remain extremely helpful.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
Congratulations! I will testify soon, amen!

Cflow10:
PPR Today
First time applicant.

The wait in between the correspondence letter and PPR wasn’t easy but we move sha.

Thank y’all for all your selfless and generous tips you continue to give on here, it was and will always remain extremely helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2021
NorthernshoreTS:
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Wife's admission don land o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We applied since Feb 4th for a Masters in Human Resource Management at the University of Regina. DW has a Bachelors in Library and Information science.

Next port of call is Study Permit Application. I used to consider myself a guru but now that time for SP application is here, I am having a re-think.

@Frankrobbn1 , I sent you an email sir. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience.

Godspeed to all Admission and PPR hopefuls.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
Cflow10:
PPR Today
First time applicant.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2021
Congratulations
Shefunmih:

Congratulations dear

PPR Today
First time applicant.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by metrecube(m): 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
Shefunmih:

Congratulations dear

PPR Today
First time applicant.

Congratulations. No holiday in Nairobi today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
Anyanwu2003:
Hello my second gcms note came... just replica of the previous. Likeebooboo help oh. No preassement notes nothing.... April 24th

Did you have an outstanding important document in your application? May I know when yyou applied?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Excalibur870(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
Got a lot of great insight from this thread so felt a responsibility to share my timeline and pass the torch of hope along. Family of 4 – applied for all of us at once – Study Permit for me and SOWP for my spouse.

Course of Study: MEng Civil Engineering
University: University of Calgary
Non-NSE route (Normal)
10yrs Energy industry experience

Timeline
Application submitted: 24th March 2021
Upfront medicals: 27th March 2021
BVL & PPR: 20th July 2021

Wishing everyone else waiting the best of luck!

57 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Joymusa: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
Please someone should help me. What evidence do you show if you sold a car. Because the new owner takes all the documents. Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
Who has gone through NSE route before but has 5.5 in any of the IELTS band and processing time was fast?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RichieJayy: 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
820 CAD for 3 days? For no reason? That’s a waste. Well, will seek for any other available solution(s)
Jeff5gold:

Since it’s non refundable just do the quarantine and enjoy your money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RichieJayy: 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
A signed agreement for sales will do, probably you get it notarized!
Joymusa:
Please someone should help me. What evidence do you show if you sold a car. Because the new owner takes all the documents. Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
Geeneeka:
It was a ghost update when my eligibility started 6th of july.. Next day being 7th of July I received an email for Bvl, then on the 16th of July I got my ppr

Okay, thanks for sharing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RichieJayy: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
Additionally, a copy of prove of ownership of the car while it was still in your name can be added.
Joymusa:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jadel03:
I stand to be corrected, but I think the 3 day mandatory hotel bookings are no longer required if you arrive on or after 9th of August 2021 fully vaccinated or not. However if you are arriving before the 9th of August 2021, you would need the 3 days compulsory hotel booking.

For those who are not fully vaccinated, you are required to show your quarantine plans for for 14 days when you arrive on or after 9th of August, 2021.

Now for those who are fully vaccinated, you are also to show your quarantine plans for 14 days incase the officer determines you are not eligible to be a full-vaccinated traveller when you arrive on or after 9th of August 2021.

In summary, the 3 day hotel booking is compulsory if you are arriving before the 9th of August 2021. However if you are arriving on or after 9th August 2021, have your 14 days quarantine plans ready fully vaccinated or not.

Maddddd
Thank you for this!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
Lebbyzeal:

Hello sir, please I need your input on this as I know you're very conversant with relevant career progression.

My friend and I graduated with 2.1 (3.79/5.0) and a third class Guidance and Counselling B.Ed respectively in 2017. And we've been teaching since then. Please:
1. which university would you suggest?
2. what course do you think would be appropriate?
3. I know we can't both apply for masters, but what programme would be appropriate for a third class that would show a career progression?

Thank you in advance whiIe I await your response.

would also appreciate anyone with useful information Thanks
1)
The person with a 2.1 can go for a thesis-based Masters in a Guidance & Counselling related program but he/she might need to do some top-up online guidance and counselling related course or courses (free or paid) related to his/her research interests for Masters in a Canadian University, so that he/she can address the 4-years study gap (as a Graduate of Guidance & Counselling) and also show that he/she is updated with the latest trends in the field of Guidance & Counselling or related areas.

He/she can check the likes of Alison, Udemy, Coursera, Edx, Yali etc. they have online courses there.

The Online Courses can also serve as a justification in his/her Visa Application which can also address the 4-years Study Gap and convince a Visa Officer that he/she is good to go for a Masters in Canada with a Study Permit. The Visa Officer would have the impression he/she is up to date with the latest trends of what he/she wants to do for his/her Masters degree (to a reasonable extent).

So for the 2.1 applicant, He/She must have Research interests in the following Guidance & Counselling Research Areas (at least 4);
- Special Education
- Autism & Behavioural Science
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Psychology
- Industrial Relations and Counselling
- Adolescent Development and Counselling
- Sex Education
- Addiction & Mental health
and lots more...

e.g
Professor of Autism and Behavioural Science Canada

The contents in the link below would guide him/her for his/her graduate school application in Canada and how to mail a Professor for a Thesis-based Masters and lots more

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

2)
You and your friend can also go for a
PG. Cert in a Guidance and Counselling related program cos both of you have working experience (teaching).

E.g.

PG. Cert in Autism & Behavioural Science at Niagara College ,Ontario

See here for other schools offering

PG.Cert in Autism & Behavioural Science
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Autism&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

PG. Cert programs in Guidance and Counselling related programs
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/204#98659478

But the person with a 3rd Class would need to do some packaging in his/her application in order to stand a chance for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) Admission.

That being said, see the contents in the 2-links below

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/700#97090650

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jadel03:
I stand to be corrected, but I think the 3 day mandatory hotel bookings are no longer required if you arrive on or after 9th of August 2021 fully vaccinated or not. However if you are arriving before the 9th of August 2021, you would need the 3 days compulsory hotel booking.

For those who are not fully vaccinated, you are required to show your quarantine plans for for 14 days when you arrive on or after 9th of August, 2021.

Now for those who are fully vaccinated, you are also to show your quarantine plans for 14 days incase the officer determines you are not eligible to be a full-vaccinated traveller when you arrive on or after 9th of August 2021.

In summary, the 3 day hotel booking is compulsory if you are arriving before the 9th of August 2021. However if you are arriving on or after 9th August 2021, have your 14 days quarantine plans ready fully vaccinated or not.

The bolded is true. Bye Bye to the Outrageous 3-days Hotel Quarantine starting from AUGUST 9th, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cabesade(m): 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
Guys I’m at IOM Lagos branch, I want to do my medicals with an appointment, who do I meet?please put me through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

The bolded is true. Bye Bye to the Outrageous 3-days Hotel Quarantine starting from AUGUST 9th, 2021

I’ve never been happier!!
Yes!!!!!! grin grin grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jonaholorun(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
Congratulations

Cflow10:
PPR Today
First time applicant.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kema22: 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
Has any May applicant gotten a decision without NSE?
Or a ghost update or has eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
Please quick question for those that have travelled.

Please what documents do you show here for t Nigerian Immigration ?

And

What Documents do you show at CBSA?

Please respond will help with planning, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
No
May 15th applicant

Kema22:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kema22:

I personally haven't seen even one ghost update for almost 2 months now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
Cabesade:
Guys I’m at IOM Lagos branch, I want to do my medicals with an appointment, who do I meet?please put me through.
Meet the security man.

They do have a list of those given appointment .They would confirm if your name is on the list to confirm your appointment, if not, they can confirm on their database. There are some guys (in lab coat) at the security room, there is a computer with them which they use to confirm appointments not on the list with the security man. Once confirmed you would be allowed in and directed to a room where you would be asked of your Medicals Evidence of Payment, they would snap it , they would tell you to visit a website or scan a Barcode like that and some other processes.

Things might have changed a bit now though

The contents in the link below should walk you through

IOM, Lagos based on Experience Medicals of a Nairaland Member
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/198#98618943

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.