Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688367 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
Lekiboboe:

1) I doubt if you would be able to apply for an MBA program, cos Canadian Universities requires a Bachelor's Degree to apply for a Masters degree.

2) Yes you can use your HND degree (Certificate & Transcript) & WAEC to apply for a PG.Cert/PGD

3) Await a response from the gurus & other members about this particular question

4) As an HND holder or Bachelors degree holder who want to apply to a College for a PG. Cert program, you don't need a WES Evaluated Transcript, a Student Copy Transcript (scanned) is what is required.

See this;

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

But

Those applying for a Masters in a Canadian University are mostly asked for their Bachelor's degree Student Copy transcript during Admission, once the applicant gets the admission, he/she would be asked to inform his/her school to send his/her Official Transcript directly to the University he/she got admission to in Canada.

5) As regards this question, await a response from Humber college students or Alumni

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation and all that you do for this thread Leki.

Please if i am not mistaken, do you mean i do not need my ND transcript to apply for PGD just HND only to submit to the college of my choice??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kennyjoy(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2021
GodsGabby:

I am glad i aint the only one in this kinda wahala.

A whole school cannot make student copy of their OWN transcript available oo.
Imagine paying 75k to each colleges my poly will send to, when i am not MAD.
I will never advise my enemy to attend a polytechnic in nigeria.
The stress and the downgrade is so much and disheartening.

I swear!!! They even tryna charge differently aside from the official transcript charges when they hear Canada colleges. Nigerian educational sector going down on daily basis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kennyjoy(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
[quote author=Olaa123 post=104212402]

I'd advise you to tell her school that she needs the transcripts for employment purposes and they should send it to the law firm. She can easily access it from the law firm[/quote

Oh that’s sound good.

Thank you @Olaa123

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thank you for this information... It's for my friend actually but I'll be sure to share the landing gist once he gets there... Cheers

Queenmama03:
After August 9th you're no longer required to do the 3day stop. You should be allowed to continue your journey regardless of your vaccination status the only exception would be if you have covid19 symptoms then you wouldn't be allowed to proceed.

Depending on the airline you may be able to change your flight to the next one available on arrival. Alternatively you can plan doing your 14days quarantine in Montréal if that appeals to you. At this point nothing is certain but just make sure you have an acceptable quarantine plan.

Meanwhile please don't forget to give us landing gist when you arrive.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2021
shupy:

School requirements and recommendations is not an area I'm good at.

Alright man!!
I appreciate you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2021
GodsGabby:
Hello house,

Please i have few questions to ask y'all and gurus in the house too.
I graduated with Upper credit(3.16, 3.09)respectively in ND and HND business Admin.

1) Will i be able to apply for MBA programs with that, does canada see ND and HND as 4 years program?

2)If i am to apply for PGD, do i need both degrees or just HND alone with Waec cert?

3)Please does Canada universities and colleges accept WES EVALUATED TRANSCRIPT, this is because my school said they dont give student copy transcript lipsrsealed, that they can only send it directly to WES or to the school.

Please house, sending it to each school i want to apply to will cost me 75k each and it will waste alot of time before they even send or receive, i feel so down and discouraged already with this development.

4)Please those that applied to Colleges(Humber, Cambrian,Seneca)etc and any university with your ND and HND, how did you do it, did u use Wes too?

5)what does statement of mark mean?
I saw it as a requirement for humber college nd im confused.

Please gurus and those that have gained admission plz reply. Let me be Encouraged make depression no enter abeg.

@shupy
@frankrobbn1
@justmellow
@lekiboboe and everyone with experience and ideas.

1) You cant gain admission for a masters with the HND
2) Make use of the HND only, include your waec and waec scratch card.
3) All schools accept wes but its not mandatory as well for some schools especially colleges therefore dont bother applying for wes. As par your school not sending, what i did was to create an email using the intended schools email and gave it to the school, they sent the transcript. So, for that situation, you need to be smart, if you know anybody in canada who can give you his email, you try that or You can write an address for them to send it to here in Nigeria.
4)Colleges accept docs as there are. They dont need it to be evaluated by Wes plus when applying for admission, you are uploading everything the online portal
5)Never heard of that and not connected to canadian admission. If you are using an agent, always verify all he/she tells you here before proceeding plus MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO ALL YOUR ADMISSSION/VISA PORTAL !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2021
kennyjoy:

I swear!!! They even tryna charge differently aside from the official transcript charges when they hear Canada colleges. Nigerian educational sector going down on daily basis.

I am not even suprised.
My school said the price for sending within nigeria is different from the price to send outside nigeria.
Sending within nigeria is 7k
Sending outside is 23k+, I WEAAKKKK.
minus the 75k for processing and small small tips for fast tracking it.
Imagine Paying over 100k for just transcript alone oo, when it's not SENATOR or HOUSE of Rep post im applying for.

I just shook my head, dey blame myself for being so happy the day i gained admission newly years back not knowing wahala dey wait me for front years later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2021
Anon123:

1) You cant gain admission for a masters with the HND
2) Make use of the HND only, include your waec and waec scratch card.
3) All schools accept wes but its not mandatory as well for some schools especially colleges therefore dont bother applying for wes. As par your school not sending, what i did was to create an email using the intended schools email and gave it to the school, they sent the transcript. So, for that situation, you need to be smart, if you know anybody in canada who can give you his email, , you try that or You can write an address for them to send it to here in Nigeria.
4)Colleges accept docs as there are. They dont need it to be evaluated by Wes plus when applying for admission, you are uploading everything the online portal
5)Never heard of that and not connected to canadian admission. If you are using an agent, always verify all he/she tells you here before proceeding plus MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO ALL YOUR ADMISSSION/VISA PORTAL !!!!

My man,
Thank you the explanation and advice.
I am so happy i have been brightened up by all the responses i have received so far.
Depression na bastard, nigeria polytechnic system will not kill me ijn.
God bless you.

As for the bolded about creating an Email, I go do m. i just hope my school wont want to verify it. But no worry i wil apply wisdom and be smart.

Then the number 5), i aint using an agent..it is written on the site of humber college that Statement of Mark is needed reason why i asked to know what they meant after requesting transcripts and others.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
GodsGabby:

I am glad i aint the only one in this kinda wahala.

A whole school cannot make student copy of their OWN transcript available oo.
Imagine paying 75k to each colleges my poly will send to, when i am not MAD.
I will never advise my enemy to attend a polytechnic in nigeria.
The stress and the downgrade is so much and disheartening.
No higher institution send transcript to Students, I have not heard of it. They usually send it to an Organization. The organization may be School or Company. Just provide a detail of the Organization you want your school to sent the Transcript to and they will oblige. You can use your Workplace, they will send it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ACSgrains1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
BVL and PPR alert.

I can’t express how I really feel.
March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12
Request letter July 14 (updated admission letter)
Medical done 22nd and updated to pass on 24th
PPR and BVL on July 29th ��

Conestoga college, process Engineering �

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
No higher institution send transcript to Students, I have not heard of it. They usually send it to an Organization. The organization may be School or Company. Just provide a detail of the Organization you want you want your school to sent the Transcript to and they will oblige. You can use your Workplace, they will send it

This isnt true.
I have colleagues who got student copy transcript directly from their school portal online sef without going to the school.
Some universities give student copies.
Most poly dont.

You just haven't heard of it that's why.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hello Mikkie,

I applied on June 12th and my eligibility has started and I’ve gotten 3 updates(I submitted with NSE requirements)

Did you submit with MBS and IELTS? Have you also done your medicals?

I believe we should get a final decision as from the beginning of next month. The only downside is that we don’t have enough time to book our flights ahead… so our flight fare will be on the high side.

Mikkieshow:
Hello Guys,

I am new here, i submitted my study permit application on June 10th and submitted biometrics june 17th. I am yet to get a new update on my application, my resume is second week of September. Is anyone here also in same shoe? I am not sure if I will get a response before the middle of August.

Below is the details on my application page:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibilityYour application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical resultsYou do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documentsWe do not need additional documents.

InterviewHelp - InterviewYou do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

BiometricsHelp - BiometricsJune 18, 2021 Completed.

Background checkHelp - Background checkWe are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kemisolarachy(f): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations

ACSgrains1:
BVL
and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
Some Uni’s are just plain difficult. UNIBEN for example. I paid like 35k for a student copy, they didn’t process it. Feedback was that it can’t be sent to an individual. So I understand where @EmeeNaka is coming from

GodsGabby:

This isnt true.
I have colleagues who got student copy transcript directly from their school portal online sef without going to the school.
Most poly dont.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
GodsGabby:

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation and all that you do for this thread Leki.

Please if i am not mistaken, do you mean i do not need my ND transcript to apply for PGD just HND only to submit to the college of my choice??
You welcome

From the college application portal e.g Ontario International College portal (that houses Cambrian College, Conestoga, St. Clair etc.) do ask for the highest degree (your HND) & High School result (WAEC).

But if you feel you want to add your OND degree, to fulfil all righteousness, you can add it, under the condition there is a space to include that.

But am sure they ask for your highest degree (HND) & High School result (WAEC)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2021
GodsGabby:

This isnt true.
Most poly dont.

If you use Students copy to most schools, you will likely get Conditional offer of Admission; the school will still Request for the official transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
If you use Students copy to most schools, you will likely get Conditional offer of Admission; the school will still Request for the official transcript.
For University admission, Yes that's true, but for College admission, that's not true, an applicant's STUDENT COPY TRANSCRIPT is sufficient enough to enable him/her apply for a College admission.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
Wow! The first PPR here today.
Congratulations to you.
More of this for us that are expecting.

What God cannot do does not exist!

ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You welcome

From the college application portal e.g Ontario International College portal (that houses Cambrian College, Conestoga, St. Clair etc.) do ask for the highest degree (your HND) & High School result (WAEC).

But if you feel you want to add your OND degree, to fulfil all righteousness, you can add it, under the condition there is a space to include that.

But am sure they ask for your highest degree (HND) & High School result (WAEC)

Thank you so Lekiboboe.
I am so grateful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2021
Yes, Correct.

Lekiboboe:

For University admission, Yes that's true, but for College admission, that's not true, an applicant's STUDENT COPY TRANSCRIPT is sufficient enough to enable him/her apply for a College admission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:

Definitely, most university even in the US require you to apply with unofficial transcript and when admission is given then you send the official copy directly by your school.
I understand your point too.

My take is schools should make unofficial copy or student copy of transcript available to them when needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Some Uni’s are just plain difficult. UNIBEN for example. I paid like 35k for a student copy, they didn’t process it. Feedback was that it can’t be sent to an individual. So I understand where @EmeeNaka is coming from

Can you imagine.. so that money just got burnt like that.
Nawa o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

Congrats go to Canada and prosper, we dey your back.
Where re the PPR hopefulls Make una fall in oh e don dey happen!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Geeneeka: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations to you. I'm also going to Conestoga too this September. �
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patocypher: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hello Everyone, February 18th application, passed medical exam 26th February, addition document request Letter saying i have an outstanding debt of 235CAD to the Crown for previous Immigration service on the 10th of June, additional document provided the same day, orders GCMS note on June 26th, no GCMS response till date, nothing from IRCC, any idea on what to do next, is it okay to send another GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Joseph119997: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2021
Good afternoon everyone. Please I'm new here. I have a BSc in Anatomy and I'm Looking into pursuing my masters or doctorate degree in cellular and molecular biology or any other biology or anatomy related courses in Canada.

Please I need help with schools offering these courses and with waived GRE and IELTS if possible �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by akoko123: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
Pray for us too ooo..
May Canada favour you..

ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Timexxy: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations...I tap into your testimony

ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations!!!
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations!

ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
Pls l am new here. Someone should explain to me how to reply people's message on this platform. I have tried but is not going through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hope you paid the outstanding debt ?
patocypher:
Hello Everyone, February 18th application, passed medical exam 26th February, addition document request Letter saying i have an outstanding debt of 235CAD to the Crown for previous Immigration service on the 10th of June, additional document provided the same day, orders GCMS note on June 26th, no GCMS response till date, nothing from IRCC, any idea on what to do next, is it okay to send another GCMS note?

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.