Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688361 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pace6: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2021
Please house, is it compulsory or important to have IELTS or GET to enhance visa issuance?

Are there people who get visa for colleges or universities without IELTS?

I know this question may have been asked before but please answer me.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
You can do an upfront medical

Fat112:
Hi guys, I’ve something bothering my mind to getting the Canadian Visa and I would need a honest response because I’m naive about whole things. I got a Masters admission to study at Saint Paul University (MSc) since December 2020, but I had my paperwork at VFS since 18th of March 2021.
So what is really bothering my mind is this, do I have to get request to do my medical from the Canadian Embassy before I can be get my PPR? But I have scheduled my medical at my own will at the IOM Medical Center.
What’s your response about this please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
SweetJJ:
UoA? Have you gotten PPR? I am also going to Edmonton but August 20th still waiting for ppr

Funny.....I’m traveling on the 2nd

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
Really sorry about this.

As we have seen on this thread, Uncles sponsorship is not really advisable as it is better for primary family members such as your Parents or siblings to sponsor you.

If you are a matured applicant, you will need to provide your own statement. Your sponsor needs to demonstrate his commitment to sponsoring you by either paying for your fees or making a transfer to you for your living expenses.

You need to demonstrate that funds are available for the duration of your studies. You need to demonstrate that you have strong assets and ties back home.

Order for your GCM notes and strategize on the best way to re-package your application and refire. You can seek the help of the gurus to assist as well.

This is a minor setback, you will testify soon.

Olaapaps:
Omo big L
Hurst like hell but then we thank God
Pls i need advice on how to move on soo I can refire
My uncle in US is sponsoring me and his account is grit but I dint submit any of my own account details
Pls how can I tackle this flimsy excuse
I don’t mean to be the bearer of bad news

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
MaziOkeke007:
Congratulations man! I got my ppr too
International Business
Conestoga College

Congratulations..... It ended in praise.

Share your timeline

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
We hardly get updates here these days.

People will rush to their keyboards to type PPR news, writing out their list of docs, acquisitions and ample accomplishments. Including strangers that have never posted on this thread before.

But scarcely will you see people post refusals to either seek assistance from the platform or illuminate others.

Honestly, Nairaland is awash with too many PPR news, and I am sure newbies can learn from past success stories.

Apart from updates on PPR (so that one may be able to identify the stage of processing) what I believe we need to see more of are refusals and how they were tackled.

I am certain that for every PPR, there are at least 2 refusals that correspond. But na only success stories we dey hear.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MaziOkeke007: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
Submitted 28th April
Biometrics 5th May
Medical Update 19th May
Waited oooooooooooo
BVL & Passport Request 27th July
Thaiy:

Congratulations..... It ended in praise.

Share your timeline

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
MaziOkeke007:
Submitted 28th April
Biometrics 5th May
Medical Update 19th May
Waited oooooooooooo
congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
MaziOkeke007:
Submitted 28th April
Biometrics 5th May
Medical Update 19th May
Waited oooooooooooo
did u submit IELTS and my bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MaziOkeke007: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
You no lie
Perseverer:

People will rush to their keyboards to type PPR news, writing out their list of docs, acquisitions and ample accomplishments. Including strangers that have never posted on this thread before.

But scarcely will you see people post refusals to either seek assistance from the platform or illuminate others.

Honestly, Nairaland is awash with too many PPR news, and I am sure newbies can learn from past success stories.

Apart from updates on PPR (so that one may be able to identify the stage of processing) what I believe we need to see more of are refusals and how they were tackled.

I am certain that for every PPR, there are at least 2 refusals that correspond. But na only success stories we dey hear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kemesty(f): 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
Enjay316:
thanks for ur answer. plz how long did it take and what bank did u use for form A.also I am still waiting for UCW offer letter.how long did urs take after application ?thanks.to answer ur previous question bro. gather ur documents, cross check everything, dates,time and all documents. make sure what ever u declare in ur SOP ,u have 80% evidence and ur documents are in line with ur SOP.e.g u cannot write that u started working in February 2015 and ur employment letter is showing December 2016.so cross check everything then apply.it will end in praise 4 us all.

I used UBA bank and payment was processed in 4 days. I was so surprised.

I got my offer letter in less than 2 weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2021
bemagnify:
Please I have an Important question.

I am a lawyer in Nigeria with over 5 years' experience. I have my own law firm and I am married.

Please which of the following courses, I am likely to get my visa approve.

1. Paralegal (Ontario College Graduate Certificate)

2. Graduate Diploma in Justice Studies

3. And will my express entry affects my visa application?

Note. My undergraduate certificate is second class lower.

Why not go for justice studies and tailor your sop to the fact that you want to be a judge and d course is a preparation of sort or better still, go for alternative dispute resolution since it’s being explored now in Nigeria.
Pls do not try paralegal, why will a practising lawyer need to study paralegal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MaziOkeke007: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2021
Yea, I submitted IELTS but i did with faith because the IELTS result was due as at the time i submitted. I didn't use MyBank statement, just my sponsor's bank statement.
atiteb4:
did u submit IELTS and my bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2021
Olaapaps:
Omo big L
Hurst like hell but then we thank God
Pls i need advice on how to move on soo I can refire
My uncle in US is sponsoring me and his account is grit but I dint submit any of my own account details
Pls how can I tackle this flimsy excuse
I don’t mean to be the bearer of bad news

Thanks in advance

Dorry about your refusal. Delay is not denial.
Please order for ur gcms notes ASAP to know the real reason do as not to make the same mistake.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2021
Jioke1994:
Good day, guys.
This has been a wonderful platform. Since I joined, I've been able to learn as much as I can, though I've been a silent reader. Thanks for your informative words, good spirit, kindness...love, etc.

My rejection letter came today. It was based on my home tie, personal and financial status.
Pls, gurus, I need your response.
@shuppy and others...you are allowed to talk.

Which type of GCMS note should I order?
How much?
Thanks for your kind gesture!
I choose to remain positive and hopeful.

It is well, delay is not denial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
Perseverer:

From the many stories of PPRs here, it's clear that IRCC has given more than 4000 Study Permit to Nigerians so far this year. That's quite a positive thing because from the data available online, Nigeria Received less than 3800 PPRs last year.
Well, as for Refusals, it's usually more than approvals and I must say that it's not an easy thing to post to public.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Steph1738aye: 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Some good news!!
Congratulations!!!!!!
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

I can’t express how I really feel.
March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12
Request letter July 14 (updated admission letter)
Medical done 22nd and updated to pass on 24th
PPR and BVL on July 29th ��

Conestoga college, process Engineering �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Steph1738aye: 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Just click “quote” and type before or after “quote” in the text box
Amicableoga:
Pls l am new here. Someone should explain to me how to reply people's message on this platform. I have tried but is not going through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
• February 8th: First submission
• February 17th: I received an NSE request. I had already submitted IELTS, so they just requested for MBS certificate.
• March 10th: I completed my NSE resubmission.
• March 16th: I went for upfront medicals
• April 12th: Medicals were updated to passed
• April 19th: I received a BVL At this point I was so excited and was anticipating receiving PPR.
• April 21st:Received a request letter asking for police certificate. I received the request mail around 6am. I went to Ikoyi that same day to get the police certificate and submitted it that same day.
• May 5th: I received a second BVL. When I received this, I was so confused. I had never heard of someone receiving more than on BVL. I thought IRCC mistakenly sent me BVL instead of PPR.
• May 31st : I ordered my GCMS notes
• June 30th: I received my GCMS notes. They were perfect, they showed “Eligibility: passed” and “Final: approved”. I was so happy, but IRCC decided to keep me waiting. I can't lie, I started to doubt whether the notes were true.
• July 28th : PPR
I am a first time applicant. I applied for a PGD in Marketing & Data Analytics at Okanagan college.
I submitted 2 MBS certificates, one from my dad and the other from my uncle. I also submitted two letters of sponsorship, one from my parents the other from my uncle.
It has ended in praise!!

Congrats! It has ended in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LoadedHollow: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2021
this thread has been a blessing. Complained yesterday and someone advised to email an Mp in the province my school is located it, email sent in by 9am and got feedback by 4pm saying "the mp has submitted an enquiry on my application and it will take 3-5 working days for a response." Hope i get my study permit before September, oh lord. Thanks to everyone. now we wait

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
LoadedHollow:
this thread has been a blessing. Complained yesterday and someone advised to email an Mp in the province my school is located it, email sent in by 9am and got feedback by 4pm saying "the mp has submitted an enquiry on my application and it will take 3-5 working days for a response." Hope i get my study permit before September, oh lord. Thanks to everyone. now we wait

I also got feedback from MP. It was swift and very useful.

I just hope that over time this won't lead to thousands of people sending requests to MP. I foresee a situation like that, and this may not be seen in a positive light.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
Please who has the email of the MP for the University of Alberta's region, the ones I mailed did not respond or said they couldn't help because I wasn't inCanada

LoadedHollow:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MissMC: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2021
had to move my flight to the 12th of august because the klm officials at the airport said I must travel within the 4 weeks window.

When is your start date?

Backcheck:

Hello when are you traveling?
I’m traveling next Thursday, 5th of August heading to calgary.

Anyone with same travel date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SydneyAgbont: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
Omo, I am a june applicant too oh (June 15th). My lectures are starting September 7th. I just hope we get a response anytime next month (but I'm really skeptical at this rate).
And for the flight prices, I don't mind I ll pay any amount PPR is the goal.
Thanks.
ritzzybaron:
Hello Mikkie,

I applied on June 12th and my eligibility has started and I’ve gotten 3 updates(I submitted with NSE requirements)

Did you submit with MBS and IELTS? Have you also done your medicals?

I believe we should get a final decision as from the beginning of next month. The only downside is that we don’t have enough time to book our flights ahead… so our flight fare will be on the high side.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
Chisolove3:
Good evening house
So am led to pray for the house before we go to sleep tonight, I see all the agitations, anxiety and fear and I ask God to take control.
Heavenly father we thank you for a day like this, we appreciate all you have done for us, for helping us in so many ways we can't fathom,Lord we say may your name be highly exalted in Jesus name, Lord, we bring your children into your able hands,there is nothing too hard for you to do...we see what you're doing for others, father there are still those hoping, praying and waiting upon you for their decision, Lord we ask that you grant them their heart desires...my father, I decree and declare that the Visa Officers will not get sleep until they have given us our PPR...father for those that their application has lingered, remember them in Jesus name. Lord I use my husband's application as a point of contact to every other application here that from now till first week of August, we will get our PPR's in Jesus name, Amen! Oh God cover our errors, hide them oh Lord,when our applications comes in front of the VO,let it find favour in their eyes in Jesus name... Lord give us our PPR,Lord give us rest,free our hearts from worrying and give us a positive answer in Jesus might name we have prayed,Amen!!
Good night FAM..relax God is in control!

Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2021
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

I can’t express how I really feel.
March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12
Request letter July 14 (updated admission letter)
Medical done 22nd and updated to pass on 24th
PPR and BVL on July 29th ��

Conestoga college, process Engineering �

Congratulations to you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2021
Pace6:
Please house, is it compulsory or important to have IELTS or GET to enhance visa issuance?

Are there people who get visa for colleges or universities without IELTS?

I know this question may have been asked before but please answer me.

Thanks in advance

Hello Pace,

It isn't compulsory. However there is a new stream called the Nigerian Student Express with a said processing time of 20 days. IELTS is required to go through this new scheme. However, the new scheme is not compulsory and the 20 days stipulated time has not been followed for previous users of this new scheme
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LoadedHollow: 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
search "mp of edmonton, Alberta" on google. His contact info will pop up
TennieYF:
Please who has the email of the MP for the University of Alberta's region, the ones I mailed did not respond or said they couldn't help because I wasn't inCanada

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LoadedHollow: 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2021
how many weeks after contacting them did you get your ppr?
Perseverer:

I also got feedback from MP. It was swift and very useful.

I just hope that over time this won't lead to thousands of people sending requests to MP. I foresee a situation like that, and this may not be seen in a positive light.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
I have a landed property without survey docs. Has anyone used an estate valuer for such, for the purpose of establishing economic ties for study permit? Can you help with the valuer's contact?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Backcheck: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
MissMC:
had to move my flight to the 12th of august because the klm officials at the airport said I must travel within the 4 weeks window.

When is your start date?

Oh, alright then. August 30th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
LoadedHollow:
MPs can help to Request status update on applicants files, however, most responses they get from IRCC are always vague and follows the usual generic pattern with the one IRCC give directly to applicants.
The only reason why we still send those request through MPs is that we feel it may fast track the Application process but I have a strong doubt about that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.