Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688350 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
What will I do? The money went o. I had to order for another transcript to be sent to my college instead, and forgot about getting a student copy.

GodsGabby:

Can you imagine.. so that money just got burnt like that.
Nawa o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
kennyjoy:

@LekiBoBoe thanks for all you do!!! Respect

Concerning the transcript wahala, coz I see some colleges like you stated above only requested for upload transcript but the problem is some Polytechnic don’t issued original transcript but just only statement of results that shows courses taken GPA and CGPA. What do you think we can do if she’s applying to different colleges. Thanks
You welcome, I sight you Honorable

Well as regards STATEMENT OF RESULTS showing Courses, CGPA, GPA, am not sure of this, cos I haven't seen anyone use that to apply for admission to a College, but you can mail the Graduate Office , Enrollment office, international office of those colleges you want to apply to if your STATEMENT OF RESULTS can suffice for admission application owing to the nonavailability of the Student copy of your Transcript.

Another interesting thing about these colleges is this, though Transcript is an essential document for them to process an Applicant's admission, but do you know that some of the decision by the admission commitee is not always about the Transcript you submitted. Some applicants got their admissions cos they submitted some supoorting documents that' improved their Chances of admission, most especially when you have work experience, certifications, online courses etc. related to that program you are going for.

Reason why I always suggest that applicant's (HND or B.SC holders) who wants to go for a PG.Cert program in a college should add some supporting documents to their Admission Application in order to boost their Chances of getting the Admission.

WHY YOU NEED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO BOOST YOUR ADMISSION CHANCES FOR A PG.CERT APPLICATION (Most especially those with LOW CGPA but has work experience related to that program they are going for

Supporting Documents
-Recommendation letter (from your boss at work, HR Manager, or lecturer, project supervisor, HOD)
-Letter of Confirmation of English Language proficiency (if available)
- Cover Letter (Very Important)
- Professional certificates
- Online Course Certification of Competition
-Résumé (Canadian Style) - Very Important

The Column for uploading Supporting Docs. is always on the ONTARIO COLLEGE APPLICATION INTERNATIONAL PORTAL PAGE

See this Scenerio,

Two third 3rd Class graduate (graduate from same school, doing same job and at same work place) applied to same course at a College in Canada (Ontario), apart from the Transcript and High school result both of them concluded on submitting, one was smarter, he told his second to do an online course etc., but he overlooked it, so the smart guy did 3-online courses and got the Certificate (merged them in 1-PDF file), he drafted a Cover Letter explaining why he would be a good fit for this PG.Cert program & also drafted a Canadian Style Resume which showcased & highlighted the Job experience that relates to the PG. Cert programs.

Boom, when they started issuing LOA (Letter of Acceptance), the second guy didn't get the admission, the one that submitted the mentioned supporting documents got the admission.

So it's safe to say that , SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS CAN BE ESSENTIAL FOR AN ADMISSION SUCCESS TO A COLLEGE IN CANADA

Canadian Résumé Style & Cover Letter for Admission into a College for a PG. Cert Program (Find attached)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/50#89629360

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hello,

I’m sure this must have been answered before but please what is the yellow biometric slip that has to be submitted with the passport? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hello everyone

Please what's the official CAD rate on IRCC website?
I think have read something like that here, I checked their website I didn't see it there

Please does anyone knows
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations. I can imagine your present mood. I pray to experience it too IJN Amen.
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

I can’t express how I really feel.
March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12
Request letter July 14 (updated admission letter)
Medical done 22nd and updated to pass on 24th
PPR and BVL on July 29th ��

Conestoga college, process Engineering �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Keren12: 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
Please guys Quick one. Please what are the documents needed to defend a certain amount in my account for sales of landed properties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2021
Bunmijab:
Hello everyone

I think have read something like that here, I checked their website I didn't see it there

Please does anyone knows

Follow this link https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations �����
I'm so happy for You.

God make e reach my turn tommorow.

ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Amen! Amen! Amen!

Chisolove3:
Good evening house
So am led to pray for the house before we go to sleep tonight, I see all the agitations, anxiety and fear and I ask God to take control.
Heavenly father we thank you for a day like this, we appreciate all you have done for us, for helping us in so many ways we can't fathom,Lord we say may your name be highly exalted in Jesus name, Lord, we bring your children into your able hands,there is nothing too hard for you to do...we see what you're doing for others, father there are still those hoping, praying and waiting upon you for their decision, Lord we ask that you grant them their heart desires...my father, I decree and declare that the Visa Officers will not get sleep until they have given us our PPR...father for those that their application has lingered, remember them in Jesus name. Lord I use my husband's application as a point of contact to every other application here that from now till first week of August, we will get our PPR's in Jesus name, Amen! Oh God cover our errors, hide them oh Lord,when our applications comes in front of the VO,let it find favour in their eyes in Jesus name... Lord give us our PPR,Lord give us rest,free our hearts from worrying and give us a positive answer in Jesus might name we have prayed,Amen!!
Good night FAM..relax God is in control!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations....
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
Amicableoga:
Pls l am new here. Someone should explain to me how to reply people's message on this platform. I have tried but is not going through.

Click on quote

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by limitless: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2021
Bunmijab:
Hello everyone

Please does anyone knows

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

The rate today is 1 CAD to ₦328

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MhaameAhenkan: 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
AMEN. We thank God for our instant answers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Papapa1234: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congrats..pls which program are you going for?
ikemummy:
LONG POST ALERT ABOUT MY PPR:

Here is my timeline
On 30 April-Application submitted (Non-NSE)
On 4 May-Biometrics completed
On 7 May-NSE request (MyBankStatement and IELTS)
On 19 May-Upfront medical updated to pass
On 19 May-I noticed ghost update
On 28 May- I Responded to NSE request with letter of explanation sent through my GCKEY not webform. I attached my masters transcript and highlighted where it was written that English is the means of communication and instruction. I tried to convince them in the letter that I am proficient in English and all my education prom primary to masters has been in English. However, I attached proof of registration for IELTS to be written on 18 August. I registered for the IELTS not for study visa but because I intend to apply for PR through EE shortly after I land Canada (the Goal is to become a Citizen before completing PhD). I did not submit submit MBS but attached my funding letter and told them that my studies will be sponsored by the University.

On 23 June, I got scared that my visa may be rejected due to financial reasons and sent MBS through webform. I did not send it earlier because my account balance was less than 400k. I had my Dad do me a gift deed of 2 million on 22 June before I sent the MBS. I also attached my upadated pension statement of account.
On 4 July, I sent my Covid Vaccination completion Certificate (online copy with QR code) through webform.
On 6 July, I sent a webform and appealed for a decision to enable me to arrive early for Fall semester. I attached my confirmation of enrollment letter.

On 14 July I sent another appeal for a decision on my application.
On 23 July, another ghost update and eligibility review started
On 27 July PPR

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (University of Nigeria Nsukka, 2015)
3. Masters: First class (University of the Western Cape South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Received the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)
3. Two million in my account
4. I received support letter from my University which also states that they will authorize leave for me. I used that to claim in my SOP that they will pay me while on leave.

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of over 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

Thanks to everyone on this platform. I learned from your experience and advice and used it to apply for my visa.

I pray that God will give you your own PPR soonest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Papapa1234: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
The profile mad gan...
Some of us begin sell market after first degree,na marriage get us..
God abeg regardless of my profile..let your Grace speak for me..Thank you God
Chisolove3:
[Dem no born them well not to give you PPR...haaa...see portfolio.... Congratulations guy! And I tap from this testimony!!

quote author=ikemummy post=104138652]LONG POST ALERT ABOUT MY PPR:

Here is my timeline
On 30 April-Application submitted (Non-NSE)
On 4 May-Biometrics completed
On 7 May-NSE request (MyBankStatement and IELTS)
On 19 May-Upfront medical updated to pass
On 19 May-I noticed ghost update
On 28 May- I Responded to NSE request with letter of explanation sent through my GCKEY not webform. I attached my masters transcript and highlighted where it was written that English is the means of communication and instruction. I tried to convince them in the letter that I am proficient in English and all my education prom primary to masters has been in English. However, I attached proof of registration for IELTS to be written on 18 August. I registered for the IELTS not for study visa but because I intend to apply for PR through EE shortly after I land Canada (the Goal is to become a Citizen before completing PhD). I did not submit submit MBS but attached my funding letter and told them that my studies will be sponsored by the University.

On 23 June, I got scared that my visa may be rejected due to financial reasons and sent MBS through webform. I did not send it earlier because my account balance was less than 400k. I had my Dad do me a gift deed of 2 million on 22 June before I sent the MBS. I also attached my upadated pension statement of account.
On 4 July, I sent my Covid Vaccination completion Certificate (online copy with QR code) through webform.
On 6 July, I sent a webform and appealed for a decision to enable me to arrive early for Fall semester. I attached my confirmation of enrollment letter.

On 14 July I sent another appeal for a decision on my application.
On 23 July, another ghost update and eligibility review started
On 27 July PPR

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (University of Nigeria Nsukka, 2015)
3. Masters: First class (University of the Western Cape South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Received the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)
3. Two million in my account
4. I received support letter from my University which also states that they will authorize leave for me. I used that to claim in my SOP that they will pay me while on leave.

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of over 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

Thanks to everyone on this platform. I learned from your experience and advice and used it to apply for my visa.

I pray that God will give you your own PPR soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Backcheck: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
MissMC:
I’m traveling with KLM

Hello when are you traveling?
I’m traveling next Thursday, 5th of August heading to calgary.

Anyone with same travel date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2021
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

Congratulations...... It ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2021
Backcheck:

Hello when are you traveling?
I’m traveling next Thursday, 5th of August heading to calgary.

Anyone with same travel date?

Nice nice....August 2nd Edmonton

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

Congratulations �� It has ended in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
UoA? Have you gotten PPR? I am also going to Edmonton but August 20th still waiting for ppr

Jeff5gold:

Nice nice....August 2nd Edmonton
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations!
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Sales receipt, agreements and any documents to corroborate the sale of the property.
Keren12:
Please guys Quick one. Please what are the documents needed to defend a certain amount in my account for sales of landed properties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MaziOkeke007: 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
Butterflies in the belly
emmy4Gold:
Congratulations. I can imagine your present mood. I pray to experience it too IJN Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MaziOkeke007: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations man! I got my ppr too
International Business
Conestoga College
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SoFaithly: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2021
Check if you qualify for the exemption
To be considered fully vaccinated, you must:

be eligible to enter Canada
have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Friday July 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
Accepted vaccines:

Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
Moderna (mRNA-1273)
AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
Vaccines not currently accepted for fully vaccinated status in Canada:

Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
Other

The list of accepted vaccines may expand in the future.

If you received your vaccines outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
limitless:

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

The rate today is 1 CAD to ₦328

Thanks @limitless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Awas: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
makano:
They acknowledged you mail, which means they already have it...

You didn't state the date they acknowledged your mail, that would have made me know how to advise you..

But if the acknowledgement is over a month, I will advise you send them another mail and copy the relevant offices..

If you don't know the emails of other iRCC offices, you can check my latest posts where I put down over 10 IRCC emails..

Peace
please can you send me a link to the IRCC emails. i really don't know how to access them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
Guys Is gcmsonline.com better to use for gcms notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fat112: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hi guys, I’ve something bothering my mind to getting the Canadian Visa and I would need a honest response because I’m naive about whole things. I got a Masters admission to study at Saint Paul University (MSc) since December 2020, but I had my paperwork at VFS since 18th of March 2021.
So what is really bothering my mind is this, do I have to get request to do my medical from the Canadian Embassy before I can be get my PPR? But I have scheduled my medical at my own will at the IOM Medical Center.
What’s your response about this please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.