Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (691910 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
I did that, and Edmonton alone 9 names came up!

LoadedHollow:
search "mp of edmonton, Alberta" on google. His contact info will pop up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pace6: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
Olaa123:

Hello Pace,

It isn't compulsory. However there is a new stream called the Nigerian Student Express with a said processing time of 20 days. IELTS is required to go through this new scheme. However, the new scheme is not compulsory and the 20 days stipulated time has not been followed for previous users of this new scheme

Thanks bro.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
ACSgrains1:
BVL and PPR alert.

I can’t express how I really feel.
March 26th Applicant
Biometric 7th April
Medical Request July 12
Request letter July 14 (updated admission letter)
Medical done 22nd and updated to pass on 24th
PPR and BVL on July 29th ��

Conestoga college, process Engineering �

Congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lolathegenie: 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
ppr today guys!! (first time minor applicant)
will drop my timeline soon #january29th applicant
i only have one question. how do i submit my passport to the VFS in lagos where i did my biometrics?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
Those of us that submitted before May 15 but did biometrics after May 15, hope IRCC would also answer us by August 6th. sad
This shit keeps me up at night. My first course starts August 16th and there is no option for deferral for my course..... it will end in praise.....amen

Testimonytime:

Congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Congratulations!

lolathegenie:
i only have one question. how do i submit my passport to the VFS in lagos where i did my biometrics?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victory1989(m): 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hello house my cousin just got his Gcms record came in today and his application status is still In progress since February.

It state that requirements met, eligiblity and criminality passed.

But his not yet ask for IELTS, medicals.

He did his medical two weeks ago ( upfront) application now state that his passed medicals but it wasn't stated in the GCMS record, I feel maybe because his applied for GCMS before doing medicals.

Those his mean his application will be approved.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2021
MaziOkeke007:
Submitted 28th April
Biometrics 5th May
Medical Update 19th May
Waited oooooooooooo
BVL & Passport Request 27th July

Congratulations. Those of us still waiting will not wait in vain in Jesus name.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
lolathegenie:

Wow! What a long wait. Congratulations Lola

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
lolathegenie:

Congratulations. It has indeed ended in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
Wow! Congratulations. What a long wait!
Thank God it ended in praise.

lolathegenie:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
Fat112:
Hi guys, I’ve something bothering my mind to getting the Canadian Visa and I would need a honest response because I’m naive about whole things. I got a Masters admission to study at Saint Paul University (MSc) since December 2020, but I had my paperwork at VFS since 18th of March 2021.
So what is really bothering my mind is this, do I have to get request to do my medical from the Canadian Embassy before I can be get my PPR? But I have scheduled my medical at my own will at the IOM Medical Center.
What’s your response about this please?
Hi please go ahead and do the medicals, you will submit it via webform in order to save time! Also submitting medicals via webform can be a prompt for the VFS to look at your file

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2021
Victory1989:
Hello house my cousin just got his Gcms record came in today and his application status is still In progress since February.

He did his medical two weeks ago ( upfront) application now state that his passed medicals but it wasn't stated in the GCMS record, I feel maybe because his applied for GCMS before doing medicals.

Congratulations in advance...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SAF2K: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2021
Shit happens, its delay not denial, glad u taking it with humor atleast. The land will favour you.
Blavkmaann:
My brothers and sisters o, that’s how my date na reach, I na prepare o, dress like person Wey wan travel, all my boys, my slaves, my entourage, we came in 3 cars, landed at the departure side.....

If you see my pride ehn, as I reach the gate, the police people at the door said my boys are too plenty they can’t enter, just 9 people oo, I sha gave them 5k, they let them enter 1 by 1, I took my load to one place, “CUSTOMS AND NDLEA”.... I sha gave them 1k, I pass there, one other place, “Quarantine services” those ones took 2k.. just not to search my bag oo

As I’m leaving Nigeria na... I was still smiling, my boys were hailing me....

As I reach that place they used to stand in queue, one yeye boy that thunder will fire came to meet me, e say “do I have yellow card”
Which dirty yellow card, they have already warned me against these airport thugs, I looked at him disgustingly, I said “which one is yellow card now” e say I no need am, say for back na 100$ but for that front na 6k..

I just look the boy, I sha gave him the 6k, he na ran to one place and brought one small thing like this... e b like booklet!

This is where my problems started!

I stood on the queue, come and see fine fine babes... hahahahahaha, oh my Jesus,
They scan my Covid test results, the immigration woman was like “nice one” I said thank you,
They weight my bag, one was 16kg, one was 27kg, that boy I have 6k for yellow card na came and carried the two bags, told me to wait, he opened it and put some clothes from this one to the other one, he sha did it, e na balance, I dash him 1k, as a loyal boy!

I na got to one place, the man na said he has to send my documents to Canada immigration to get orders whether to let me come or not, reason being that, my resumption date is September 7...

All my boys Don Dey ready to start fight, very local goats, I told them to calm down, after like 15 mins baba came and showed me his phone, the Canada people said “ILL RECCOMMEND NOT TO BOARD PASSENGER”
The man now asked when can I come, the Canada person replied
“FROM AUGUST 10,”
The one that I don’t understand was the Canada people na told him “USE YOUR DESCRESION”

He said he can let me go o, but if I go they will send me back, I said no no, so I’ll need to reschedule my flight,
Turkish airline people said coz I got my tickets from wakanow, I should go there and reschedule, I was offloaded from the flight, then me and my boys went to MM2 (wakanow office) those anyhow people said I’ll pay 600k to get a seat for august 28....

At this point I just weak like cold Eba, I be like bread Wey dem soak inside tea.... I was having headache

I then knew that my first ticket money have burn!

Omo, me and my boys went to one lounge in ikeja to drink and forget our sorrows, August we move again, but for now, I Dey with my beer!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2021
lolathegenie:

Congratulations. That's quite a long wait. Thank God it ended in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MaziOkeke007: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2021
Testimonytime:

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2021
congratulations! I heard Lagos is slow, try to use the Abuja VFS instead.

lolathegenie:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
lolathegenie:
Big Congratulations to you on the success of your Study Visa Application

How to Send your Passport & other required documents to VFS LAGOS (DHL Lagos to VFS Lagos Scenerio)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/492#95759563

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Download the above form, print it and fill only the 2nd Page

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2021
all seems to look good on gcms, try to send a detailed webform and emails as the application has certainly exceeded standard processing time.

Victory1989:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Testimonytime:

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by modestmj: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Good evening house,
Please can I have a guide on how to send a webform to IRCC?
Many thanks all❤
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MaziOkeke007: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Big Congratulations to you on the success of your Study Visa Application

How to Send your Passport & other required documents to VFS LAGOS (DHL Lagos to VFS Lagos Scenerio)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/492#95759563

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Download the above form, print it and fill only the 2nd Page

Is the consent form different from the one I was given when i went for biometric scan? Because the person that attended to me said I should attach it whenever I will be asked to bring my passport. So i didn't download another consent form, I just attached the one I was given when I went for Biometrics (Signed).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kenthro: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
Can someone please guide me on how to do upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
TennieYF:
Those of us that submitted before May 15 but did biometrics after May 15, hope IRCC would also answer us by August 6th. sad
This shit keeps me up at night. My first course starts August 16th and there is no option for deferral for my course..... it will end in praise.....amen

August 6th is almost here. We should just hope IRCC acts well but surely, I doubt they plan to follow their August 6th promise. There is nothing to suggest they're working towards that.
We should just be hopeful and keep praying. God is the only answer. It will end in joy and praise. Amen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fat112: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
IntimidationJay:
Hi please go ahead and do the medicals, you will submit it via webform in order to save time! Also submitting medicals via webform can be a prompt for the VFS to look at your file

Thank you. How do I submit via web form, because I guess I wouldn’t see my medical results after the medical at IOM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
lolathegenie:

Congratulations!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Icesnow(f): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hi all! Is it possible to do another Masters in Canada after getting one from UK?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LoadedHollow: 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
sometimes you wonder what these visa officers are doing for God sake. Someone applied for study permit for 8 months now with all necessary documents provided, but yet to give him visa na problem. God will see us through. Amen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Happyfellow147: 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thank you very much
Lekiboboe:

While you await response on your other questions from the gurus, I would only be answering the Scholarship aspect of your question.

if you can take your time and do your due diligence about it, luck might just smile at you.

Also note that, there is little or no scholarship for Course-based Masters in Canada, it's only Thesis-based Masters (Research Based Masters) that have Graduate scholarship opportunities in Canadian Universities.

That being said,

If you have a 2.1, I would suggest you target a Potential MSC Graduate Scholarship/Scholarships in Business Analytics research areas.

Interestingly, Business Analytics is more or else tailoring Management to Science, Tech & Engineering, i.e NONSTEM to STEM.

If you are proficient in the use of Python, SQL, R-programming, Advanced Excel and some other Data Analytics software packages, and you also have some Research Experience or Projects, did online courses related to Business Analytics, yes you stand a Chance of getting a MSC Graduate Scholarship in Canada

Below are some Research Areas in Business Analytics you might want to consider for your Masters degree in Canada Universities

- Big Data Analytics
- Time Series and Forecasting
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Supply Chain Management
- Blockchain Technology
- applied econometrics
- electricity markets
- financial econometrics and quantitative risk forecasting
- Bayesian methods
- forecasting, sensitivity analysis
- micro-econometrics, multivariate statistical methods
-panel data methods and models
- scheduling problems
- stochastic non-life insurance and actuarial problems
- testing and modelling structural change
- Actuarial Science
- Financial Engineering

Which ever Research area above (at least 4 Research Areas) you want to work on for your thesis-based Business Analytics Masters degree in Canada, you need to google professors in Canada whose Research Areas align with your Research Interests, read about their Area of expertise, research work, articles (journals, publications), then Draft a Mail and send it to them to show interest in their work, how your research interests aligns with the Prof's Research areas and your intentions to join their Research Group. Once a Prof. finds you fit for his research group, all other things na cruise (Softwork).

For more details how to go about that, and package yourself for Graduate School Scholarships, take your time and go through the contents in the links below, relate it to your intentions of going for a Business Analytics Masters degree in Canada.

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

Finally, below are Canadian Universities offering Business Analytics or related areas at Masters level ,google and do your due diligence on them

Master of Business Analytics
University of British Columbia, British Columbia

MBAN, Master of Business Analytics
York University, Ontario

M.M. in Analytics
McGill University, Quebec

MSc in Management Analytics
Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario

Master of Management Analytics
Queen's University, Ontario

Master of Data Analytics (MDA)
Western University, Ontario

MSc in Computing and Data Analytics
Saint Mary's University, Nova Scotia

Master of Management Analytics (M.M.A.)
University of Toronto, Ontario

Start Now by doing your due diligence for a Graduate Scholarship Opportunity against 2022

Good luck!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Abimeh: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2021
Good day all. Please I need a sample of a sponsor's letter who is a parent urgently. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2021
modestmj:
Good evening house,
Please can I have a guide on how to send a webform to IRCC?
Many thanks all❤

Google webform canada...it'll bring the link out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tobe1997: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
kemesty:

I used UBA bank and payment was processed in 4 days. I was so surprised.

I got my offer letter in less than 2 weeks.
Used unity bank and it was processed under one day and acknowledge the next day...
Personal relationship with the person in charge helps too

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63