Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692014 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
Congratulations..... did you use Ksa immigration?

greis1:
Had to go back to my last post on pg 280 to drop my timeline smiley

First Application: March 2020
Refused- May 2020
Second Application: July 11 2020
Upfront medical- July 10 2020
Refused- August 23 2020
Judicial Review- September 2020
Settlement offer- October 2020
Application reopened- December 10 2020
Medical passed- February 28 2021
BVL- March 11 2021
Medical expired, new request and submission- July 2021
PPR- August 6, 2021

My application was quite complicated—
*at the time JR was done, I didn’t have an admission anymore (the college had even refunded me); I had to look for a new school (different program and province) and upload new LOA within the 30-day timeline.
*According to the GCMS notes I got in June 2021, PPR was issued in April for the old LOA, and this was later cancelled after the visa officer noticed the new LOA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
Is funny how Nairobi office acknowledges email/webform.

Was able to send my renewed passport to both London and Nairobi offices as both are handling my application ( secondary & primary offices respectively) and got below attached reply.

So please what does Nairobi means by their bolded reply

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Khormzy1(f): 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
??

Khormzy1:
Please apart from IOM in abuja
Is there any other place someone can do an upfront medical in abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ketima:

Was able to send my renewed passport to both London and Nairobi offices as both are handling my application ( secondary & primary offices respectively) and got below attached reply.

It simply means they are working with reduced personnel hence they don't have enough human resource to reply your mail. However they have acknowledge receipt of it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lukens1: 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hello guys, please a friend of mine needs help on how to go about her medicals for her student visa application, having done biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
mudiwest:

It simply means they are working with reduced personnel hence they don't have enough human resource to reply your mail. However they have acknowledge receipt of it.

Ok. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KellyKk: 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
OCT202020:

In no way will deferral till next year stop or affect your submitted application, but please try not to forward the new LOA if IRCC didn't request for an update.

God bless u Sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
NYCnextStop:
This is very insightful. I guess it's best to go for an msc programme in a case of a partial funding. I'm going for environmental management/engineering

Well you can spread your wings by killing 2 birds with one stone.
Apply for a phd in one sch and a masters in another, then wait for the outcome.
It all boils down to your application package and also Thesis based course too.

Please be mindful of people willing to help out in this process.
Put your TRUST in check and be vigilant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by buckyfof(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
Enjay316:
thanks bro.I have paid my school fees with form A using unity bank.it was super fast,even I could not believe it.it took me 24 hrs and my telex copy was sent to me.I was also debited.thanks for the info bro.u just saved me 2 or even 3 weeks of waiting with the other banks.I am just waiting for my school to send me receipt and unconditional admission letter.omo form A is the best for paying school fees o.special thanks to shupy. I saved my self over 1m from black market rate

Bro, please how much did unity bank debit you for 7900cad in naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ketima:

Remember they stated in the CIC site that they don't accept Documents Submitted through Email. They recommends Webform. So, try to also use Webform to submit your the Renewed Passport to be on safe side.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SoFaithly: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
lawfree638:
Eiiiii God!!! undecided cry

Not everything you see or hear on the internet you propagate; I am here in the Canada and things are improving daily. This news is false, just as the Nigerian version is false.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Johnmark247: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
Great move. Fire down.

Please, if not mistaken, you did a regular submission through the VFS, did you submit any IELTS or TOELF? As I heard it's not mandatory on the regular application - VFS.

Please respond

lolathegenie:
I just got this email from VFS Global.

'Your application has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on 8/6/2021 11:18:02 AM and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC for processing.'
Even though i received a mail that my passport has been received at the Lagos IRCC office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jioke1994(m): 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hi ppr hopefuls!
Congrats in advance!

Query 4rm a friend, pls.

My first degree is civil engineering, and now I got admission for engineering technology(petroleum) PGD.
How do I get to link that in my SOP?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
SoFaithly:

Not everything you see or hear on the internet you propagate; I am here in the Canada and things are improving daily. This news is false, just as the Nigerian version is false.

This is no fake news even though you are in CA!!! Thank you.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/why-delta-variant-spreads-fast-covid-1.6120982

SOURCE - Public Health Agency of Canada. - What could be more true coming from PHAC?

Calm down, Ma/Sir! Kindly reconfirm before you discard any info. And Stay Safe Out there in CA. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Remember they stated in the CIC site that they don't accept Documents Submitted through Email. They recommends Webform. So, try to also use Webform to submit your the Renewed Passport to be on safe side.

Thanks. Yes i'm aware. But then when I sent my MBS both (mail ad webform), i noticed in my GCMS that it was the mail that indicated received.

I sent It to Nairobi both Mail and webform and to London by mail only.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
Dear all, please I need your advice on how I can buy Canadian dollars at a good rate. My degree is for a minimum of 3 years so the options which require me to present a return flight ticket could be challenging for me. Thanks in anticipation of your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
KellyKk:

Make una talk on this Na ! I take God beg una
I no understand the question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
lukens1:
Hello guys, please a friend of mine needs help on how to go about her medicals for her student visa application, having done biometrics.
Check the thread carefully, this question has been answered many times.
Go on google and search “Book medical IOM Nairaland”.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NYCnextStop(m): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
GodsGabby:

Well you can spread your wings by killing 2 birds with one stone.
Apply for a phd in one sch and a masters in another, then wait for the outcome.
It all boils down to your application package and also Thesis based course too.

Please be mindful of people willing to help out in this process.
Put your TRUST in check and be vigilant.
Thanks baba. You just gained a follower

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ketima:

Thanks. Yes i'm aware. But then when I sent my MBS both (mail ad webform), i noticed in my GCMS that it was the mail that indicated received.

I sent It to Nairobi both Mail and webform and to London by mail only.
Exactly, I have noticed that too in respect of documents I submitted. When they sent status update, they noted they received it through the mail even though I sent Mail and Webform.
Well, it's just to make sure, no reason could be used against someone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
It's officially closing time already in Nairobi Kenya. The August 8 was a ruse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
dotoracs:
lol. What's the solution like this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Exactly, I have noticed that too in respect of documents I submitted. When they sent status update, they noted they received it through the mail even though I sent Mail and Webform.
Well, it's just to make sure, no reason could be used against someone.

That's it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ogunleyesijibomi: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
gracedson:
Check the thread carefully, this question has been answered many times.
Go on google and search “Book medical IOM Nairaland”.

Likely questions people ask on this page are all on the thread and it does not still stop us from responding to one anothers question....
Bro/sis.. check (qlife) for your medical..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MOBAN444(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tankio biko.

SoFaithly:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by hoodboy(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
dotoracs:

Them don carry us handicap angry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tarama:
Hi guys,

I have attached my refusal notes below, please help on how to respond.

Profile:
I applied for PGD in Advanced Business Management, and I work in a bank, previous degree in Finance. Wrote a detailed study plan to explain how the degree will help with career.

Have siblings in the US and Canada.

Don't understand the employment part cos I have a good job here and showed documents to prove this.

@Lekiboboe
@JustMellow
@Frankrobbn1

Hello Tarama

Yes, the officer pointed out your "strong" family ties in the US & Canada (how many are they in numbers outside your CoR?!), but this is not the picture of view here, it is your "employment situation" and "economic level of establishment" in your CoR.

You don't need to also opt for a JR except you buoyantly have the funds, but in my honest opinion, you don't need a JR. Take the following into consideration and rectify what went south.

• Are there lump sums that came into your account within the last 6 months? If so, explain it and provide justifiable evidence.

• Occupying such a lucrative position as claimed, is your inflows and outflows scanty without tangible money movement? Begin building the account.

• Of course, you won't be ignorant enough not to have included all your sensitive and relevant employment proof and as well showing some economic investment as a mature & experience applicant? If not, supply the needed in your re-application.

• Did you use a sponsor and was any commitment made if no, and a self-sponsored, work on improving your economic situation by maybe having some investment in fixed deposit, bond, mutual funds, etc. and ensure to pay your tuition if in full if you have earlier paid half. I am a huge advocate of GIC opening if the money is available to lock away for some time, set up one.

• Be direct as possible when explaining your study intent, the purpose of the study, future prospect or plan of the study, etc., and in responding to the officer's concerns. Avoid long stories and explanations as possible as you can, and constructively argue politely why the presence of your family member in North American countries does not count as reasons why you cannot come to study in any of the North American countries...

• Provide good evidence to support your employment and economic situation. Don't just rely on just social ties in this situation, economic or socioeconomic ties are better placed in demonstrating ties based on my observation and investigation.

• Lastly, show a sufficient bank balance.

n.b. In summary, the officer through the notes is telling you to work on your study plan, employment & economic situation level, and your POF. You should focus critically on these areas and hope for the best.

Best of Luck

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by onibokun10(m): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hi friends, I want to start my application and iam sponsoring myself. My intended funds for the program is stashed in stock market accounts. Is it advisable to use that as proof of funds or best liquidated to naira bank accounts for proof of fund?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lols

dotoracs:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pinkgems(f): 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
Please help ��

pinkgems:
Hi PPR hopefuls!

Please as we all await that golden email, can someone help highlight the next steps to take once we get the PPR email. From getting the PPR mail to the departure date, please what are the things we will need to do so that we can start preparing…..because no time again. undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
The ppr request is usually auto generated and comes at night. I believe many should still get PPR request this weekend.

dotoracs:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lukens1: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
@gracedson: Please i just opened the link now, on the site, i am seeing Travel type: which do i chose as a student, Temporary Migration or Permanent Migration??

Please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.