Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,916 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (691605 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
Teenie19:
Yes..and this is a generic response..

I bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
[quote author=Iberisamuel90 post=102310342][/quote]

You can send me a private message and I would respond to it..

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2021
jfrazzy:

I reject you in Jesus name
You are not God or neither Kenya people to conclude my case .

It’s a generic response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2021
jfrazzy:

Lol, that true its a generic response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2021
Good evening dear wonderful people! I applied on May 15 and has since noticed silence on my application. I received a mail on 16th May telling me there was an update on my application but I couldn't notice any major update when I logged in to my portal. Please my people, what will you say to this my portal status

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2021
Olafunds200:

@justwise

So no one could answer my question?
I have never asked questions here and anyone answer. Its not fair oo

You have answers already. Your application was not rejected by IRCC, you withdrawing your application is different from refusal by Embassy....policy show that refusal guarantee you 100% refund, anything other than that negate refund policy...it is saddening they are holding your money, at 7 months you should have just endured.

Still give it a push.... might get all back.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olabisi6438(f): 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2021
how much is ielts

make una help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
jfrazzy:

What did she say that you are rejecting in Jesus name. You're ridiculous.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 9:26pm On Jun 02, 2021
jfrazzy:

person reply you you dey reject. What if u no get reply, u go dey vex say nobody answer u. If people ignore you here, no vex.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
jfrazzy:

The term 'generic response' means the same response sent to many people in order to keep them waiting until a final decision is made.

The folks here are not your enemy. They are some of the nicest people you will ever encounter.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2021
shupy:

What did she say that you are rejecting in Jesus name. You're ridiculous.
She lack understanding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2021
Olafunds200:

I did read the policy, did you read where u requested for deferment and I didn’t get any response from them instead they send half payment.
After then time has gone, no more admission, if I was granted the visa which admission letter will I submit..
Hope you get where the problem is now?

I am confused, deferment does not mean no admission, you should have waited the time out.

Do them a detailed email stating that you visa application could not be completed due to their inability to provide you a place in their institution.
Provide evidence that you were forced to make the decision and need to seek you educational pursuit with another credible institution, hence you want all you funds reversed.

If there is additional line for phone conversation, follow up, your mail with a call. If they are insistence on their policy, ask them to provide you with admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olabisi6438(f): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
olabisi6438:
how much is ielts

make una help

hi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olabisi6438(f): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
olabisi6438:
how much is ielts

make una help

hi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
Klem28:
Good evening dear wonderful people! I applied on May 15 and has since noticed silence on my application. I received a mail on 16th May telling me there was an update on my application but I couldn't notice any major update when I logged in to my portal. Please my people, what will you say to this my portal status

Possibly 'the need for biometric collection' notification. Your portal looks like a newborn. It's too early to start worrying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
olabisi6438:
how much is ielts

make una help

Google Is your friend. I took the exam a very long time ago, so price might have changed.

But the last time I checked, it was 79k. It may be more than that now, I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
RELAN2446:

She lack understanding.

Wow that was a bit harsh she was wrong and has been corrected no one is above mistake she only mis-intepreted the information....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2021
Hmmm

jfrazzy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2021
Iberisamuel90:
Good evening gurus in d House, please can someome help me out on this issue;
My zenith bank is asking for my school swisscode for my form A method of payment. I'm trying to pay for my Humber college deposit fee for September intake, have not heard of swisscode for those dat has been paying with form A.
Pls who can assist me, preferably any humber college intake.
Thanks
It should be called Swift code and not Swiss code. I think contacting your school of this development should be the best bet,and I think payment instructions will be on your letter of acceptance
Pls is urgent cos of my deadline �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
Swears oo

Like them ignore one guy like that grin
atiteb4:
person reply you you dey reject. What if u no get reply, u go dey vex say nobody answer u. If people ignore you here, no vex.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Wow that was a bit harsh she was wrong and has been corrected no one is above mistake she only mis-intepreted the information....
No, you take it the wrong way, what am trying to say is that she lack the understanding of generic response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2021
Thank you Spectro. I did my biometric in 2017; I assume it's still valid. Again, I'm not actually worried, I only shared the portal for professional assessment. I appreciate you a lot. It shall end in praise
Spectro:

Possibly 'the need for biometric collection' notification. Your portal looks like a newborn. It's too early to start worrying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2021
How long does it take centennial college to process an application for admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2021
MEDOLAB:
How long does it take centennial college to process an application for admission?

Good day MEDOLAB

About 6-10weeks

Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
The update may be the background check as it's stated on your portal that they are already processing your background check.

Klem28:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
lushk:
I am sharing my timeline to encourage everyone…. I got a lot of Info from Nairaland and I hope this helps at least one person.

I reached out to an agent initially that gave me a bill of 1500 USD, when I converted to Naira, I decided to do my application my self. Thank God for grace and patience.

First time applicant -age 30
Program of study- MBA
School- Rotman school of management - University of Toronto
I got partial scholarship but still needed to show how I will fund the balance and my expenses.

So prior to my study permit application, I had two expired EE application my score was low so I didn’t get ITA. This made me nervous cos it was a proof that I would be looking for PR after my studies and I wasn’t sure if it would affect their decision.

Submitted my application February 19 with Upfront Medicals and my bank statement
Biometric request Feb 20
Biometrics updated to pass Feb 24
Medical updated to pass Feb 26
NSE request for IELTS Feb 25
Submitted IELTS- Mar 27
BVL May 31
PPR June 1

I graduated in 2011, and I have worked in the financial services industry since 2011 from my NYSC posting. I got my Chartered financial analyst (CFA) certification in 2019 so my LOE was focused on saying I needed the MBA for career progression and to take on leadership position. I also spoke about the need for investment analysts to have a global training to prevent mismanaging large funds and negatively affecting the Nigerian capital markets.

I attached pictures of my family members, got a study leave, letter of intro and my payslips from my employer.

For economic ties I used my 75% of my pension, my car and my equity investment. The 25% of my pension I stated I would use it for my funding during my studies. The PFA gave me a letter to support this.

For funding, the first page was a letter explaining all lump sums and where they came from and I stated that it was to show sufficient liquidity.
I included two tables one showing all my expected expenses for two years and all my funding. Then I included a summary table showing both incase there was any confusion that the funding was more than the expense.

My program is for 2 years so I had to show how I intended to finance it for the total duration. I didn’t want to inform any relatives so I had to sponsor my self. I got my admission in October, didn’t apply till February because of funding, I used this time to consolidate my finances and also apply for loans. I applied to Prodigy ( I was rejected) and Mpower( I got approved).

The school had an immigration lawyer that also helped me look through my letters and my forms
God bless you for sharing your timeline to encourage people like us.congratulations.please as a self sponsored candidate my self,I would love to know how much your starting balance was and your closing balance for your account statement. also bros,I would love to know the name of your institution if you dont mind.thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
mamatee2:
The update may be the background check as it's stated on your portal that they are already processing your background check.

Gracia @Mamatee2. You just responded to my curiosity. I wanted to be sure if what's showing there actually mean that they have started background check. I pray for PPR for all the hopefuls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
[quote author=Spectro post=102311179]

The term 'generic response' means the same response sent to many people in order to keep them waiting until a final decision is made.

The folks here are not your enemy. They are some of the nicest people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olabisi6438(f): 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
hello house.. how long does it take for university of Regina to send a new admission letter after deferment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by skull4eva: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
Good evening house please gurus i have two important questions
1. please i have change most of my naira to usd how do i present the USD account for my Wife Open work permit as i intend to apply for her when i reach Canada
2. when likely will this quarantine saga finish cos the money plenty ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Good day MEDOLAB

About 6-10weeks

Hope this helps

thanks for the reply. my wife has a pending application with them for Winter 2022 but no update yet as regards the application update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2021
Spectro:

The folks here are not your enemy. They are some of the nicest people you will ever encounter.

Sorry I think ,I may have been frustrated enough to say that .sorry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.