Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria (57624 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by wallarwallar(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:
Whenever an American citizen wake up in the morning, they will pray that God should bless America.

This country is turning to something else and i dont think Nigeria can ever balance again, my cousin who works in a private school got back home after the proprietress sacked her for asking the student to pray for the redemption of Nigeria, and also telling the student to observe a minute silence for the COAS and the military personnel that lost their life in the plane crash.

Is it a crime to pray for one's nation again?
The woman is an enemy of the nation for her to have rejected prayer for our dear nation.

Over sabi can destroy.. The Children you asked to pray knows nothing about Nigeria situation and all they look up to are dere parent who provide all they need.. To make matter worst u asked for 1 minute silence for COAS I'm very sure 85% of dose kids do not know the full meaning of COAS neither do they know the person that died. Thou the school authority action was harsh who knows may be they have been looking for ways to downsize dere working force and the lady jst play to the game. Always do Normal ....

2 Likes

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by kraftysprouts: 8:36am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:
Whenever an American citizen wake up in the morning, they will pray that God should bless America.

This country is turning to something else and i dont think Nigeria can ever balance again, my cousin who works in a private school got back home after the proprietress sacked her for asking the student to pray for the redemption of Nigeria, and also telling the student to observe a minute silence for the COAS and the military personnel that lost their life in the plane crash.

The woman is an enemy of the nation for her to have rejected prayer for our dear nation.

She should be hired again and fired
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by ShawnT(m): 8:38am On May 25, 2021
Name of the school pls.That's so unpatriotic of the proprietress, the school needs to be closed for a while.
omolola100:

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Thryphosa(m): 8:39am On May 25, 2021
The truth is that many people don't believe in Nigeria anymore. Some 15 years ago, as an undergraduate, a certain Prof would jokingly tell us in his class, that we shouldn't waste our prayers on Nigeria, that it wouldn't get better, we should instead channel those prayers to him and his family. Truly, 15 years later, Nigeria is worse.
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Tzar(m): 8:40am On May 25, 2021
No employer in the US will tolerate you wasting valuable work minutes praying for the US. You do that privately outside work hours OR in your house! You Nigerians are just hypocrites who do not even know the God you disturb with your noisy ‘prayers’.
FYI, YOUR COUSIN DESERVES TO BE FIRED! She wasn’t paid to pray, she was paid to teach an academic subject. She should teach in a religious school if prayer is so important to her.

omolola100:

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Jimdph: 8:41am On May 25, 2021
......NIl
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Goldpeny(m): 8:45am On May 25, 2021
Everybody is tired of this bleeped up country called Nigeria
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:45am On May 25, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

Follow the organisations protocol and don't invent your own idea as a worker especially if it's a company owned by someone running it themselves

Schools have curriculum for a reason, never go beyond it...

Leave other people's children out of your religious and Political affiliation

As much as I agree, we have a serious problem still

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Abbluss(m): 8:47am On May 25, 2021
She said "our dear nation''
grin grin grin
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by brutal1(m): 8:50am On May 25, 2021
This is a failed state, no amount of prayers can redeem her. Look at the whole country with 36 governors and all of them are mad, no governor is doing it right, don't even go to the Vegetable in the Ado rock. No sector is working, it's like our leaders wake up looking for any working system to destroy. Our prayers nor dey answer for this country because our problems are man made and not God made. We cant be asking God to come and solve humanly created problems. They are destroying this country Consciously. Pray for Nigeria? That's a waste of prayer ! Have a back up to your back up plan ! WEMUEVE!
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Jdbrasco2: 8:52am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:

you must be an enemy of the nation, i guess you are ipob member.
With the kind of energy u are dissipating on this ur thread, its like u fabricated this story of ur so called cousin. Meanwhile there is an agitation for Yoruba nation. Prayer kill u there.
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by sinola(m): 8:54am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:

Ekiti state.

I know the person that asked you this question will be dissapointed.
He was expecting to hear that is one of the SE States....some people sef

3 Likes

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by abeliver: 8:56am On May 25, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

Follow the organisations protocol and don't invent your own idea as a worker especially if it's a company owned by someone running it themselves

which protocol.. lol
people will just come here and be writing nonsense

abi u want to tell me that school also doesn't allow the students to recite the Anthem? or the Pledge?
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by annyz: 8:56am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:

she has'nt done anything bad, i dont think it is a sin praying for nigeria.

How long has prayers been done and what has been the change

Papa Adeboye have been praying over the years and what has been the change

VP Osibande has been praying over the years for this country even kneeling down praying for this same country
few days ago as captured in social media & what has been the change?

Governor Otorm and entire Benue state has been praying but what is happening?

Father MBAKA on several occasions have been praying for Buary and this nation but once he saw no solution he seek for actions.

When you left the root cause to the problems and ignoring the solutions God will only be looking at you?

That doesn't mean that God do not answer prayers but not in the case of Nigeria.

I have said my own.
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Sailorsoldier1: 9:01am On May 25, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

I love this ...u are so right...u sabi sometin

2 Likes

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by bammydhele(m): 9:01am On May 25, 2021
Trust me, I would have done thesame , if were to be the Proprietor... Its a waste of time praying for this Nation
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Asiseeit: 9:03am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:

The attached image is what is obtainable in USA schools as per religion and schools which you used as reference. That's for public schools in USA, imagine how strict about mixing religion and education private schools will be there.

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by twosquare(m): 9:05am On May 25, 2021
You still haven't learned...there are areas in this country you will say this and you will get stabbed for real...

the time of prayer has passed....tell those who were killed in Plateau of recent to pray for Nigeria if they won't stone you or someone raped by Fulani herdsmen and killed or maimed. May Nigeria never happen to you. Be very careful. The atmosphere is charged already, and be wise too.

No one wants to pray to still be in slavery...that is what it means to pray for Nigeria.

You should be wise by now...pray for Nigeria has now become a rhetoric and religious nonsense. Prayer is good but wisdom and understanding are better and it is by that great nations are established.

Even in church, if they say pray for Nigeria, I don't.
omolola100:
Too bad.....
i dont know why people are critisizing this girl, what is the big deal in praying for nigeria, we need to pray for God's guidance over the insecurity that has taken deep in the country, God really love us in south west and i feel we should kontinue praying for protection, it is well with our nation nigeria.
God bless Nigeria
God bless the enemies of my cousin and those wishing her bad.
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by BENCHILE(m): 9:05am On May 25, 2021
That ur cousin head no correct at all. Pray for which country? God cannot answer such prayers

3 Likes

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by OlujobaSamuel: 9:05am On May 25, 2021
Even though Na fake new, I doubt she was sacked for praying for Nigeria, the sack would most likely be for observing a minute silence for one whom majority is likely to careless about.

3 Likes

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On May 25, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

True talk bro.
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Powersurge: 9:10am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:

I wouldn't sack her, but I would have given her one hell of a warning. Pray for one Nigeria? Are you kidding me? If anybody try that shit my domain, we will have problem.

Pray for military? The same idiots that put several protesters to their death?
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:

Hope u will say the same thing when a Buddhist ask ur child to perform Buddhist ritual for Nigeria? Or u don't know prayer is Christian ritual??
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by twosquare(m): 9:20am On May 25, 2021
You better be careful...this situation is a food for pro-secessionists and self-determinationists who have serious backing both international and local. You may get burnt yourself in trying to prove something even if you are highly placed. Recent happenings in the country should have taught you that.
Whatshallido:

I'm not boasting, she should post it here, you will here the outcome in two weeks time.
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Gmajor(m): 9:20am On May 25, 2021
chatinent:
She should learn to follow the school rules and regulations, and not bringing fetishism into the school system.

I am certain this is not the whole story. She might have forced the students to do it, even those whose religious background do not permit it.

A minute silence for the dead is diabolic! Praying for a dead thing is crazy!

Stop being confidently ignorant.
A minute silence is a mark of respect for the dead not a prayer for the dead
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Sisterhot(f): 9:21am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:

...ur sis is dumb and insensitive
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Sisterhot(f): 9:22am On May 25, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

...only if I can love this post 100 times not even like
U get sense like this na im u dey attack igbos anyhow

1 Like

Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by LaReinaa(f): 9:23am On May 25, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

You said it all. I am sure she must have been cautioned severally over it but she chose to follow her own rules. The way some Nigerian women carry religion on their heads is worrisome! Prayer warrior grin
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by Georgejeez: 9:24am On May 25, 2021
Paretomaster1:

I called on the power that be this morning, from all over the universe, and beyond to send all your evil request back to you, may God punish you as u wish for the OP cousin..

And all those unpatriotic urchins above you... Thunder fire una..

How your call go take go through when you no get airtime for your phone and you no get the number of the "power that be"??
My prend go sit-down one place joor .
Who Nigeria help ?
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by twosquare(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2021
My dear, if it were America, she won't win because religious undertones/prayers are not allowed in school premises. She may even be banned from the education industry....that is just the uncomfortable truth.
jaxxy:

In America she cud have sue her proprietress for wrongful sack or Smtn. In Nigeria we have no laws protecting innocent people’s rights even at the work place especially private businesses. Ur boss can bully u and u have to accept it.
Re: She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria by owunabastard: 9:25am On May 25, 2021
omolola100:

Do you see the way male and female reason, most guys support the sacking of the lady while women did not see any thing wrong, so far it is prayer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Schools Must Setup Isolation Centers Before Reopening - Adamu Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.