Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller (25502 Views)

United Bank For Africa (UBA) Northern Teller Jobs (19 Positions) / United Bank For Africa (UBA) Entry-Level Teller Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / UBA 2017 Graduate Entry-level Teller Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 1:35pm On May 24, 2021
Fistop:
Are you aware a bank teller is a contract staff and will most likely remain so till you exit the banking industry?/ Go for Bolt. You will have the opportunity of working at your own pace and convenience.

what about accidents- robbery incidents, fuel shortages aka subsidy removal ? endless queue at gas stations, car repairs? possibility of car jacking (theft) car maintenance? frustration of getting stuck in traffic all day? complacency setting in because you own your car and getting lazy sometimes?

y’all think driving is a piece of cake ? the day i went on a road trip from Arizona to Georgia and back, even with frequent stops and relaxation - when i finally made it home I slept all weekend long like I was beaten by a gang of thieves - constant driving will max out your brain power and knock you into coma-like sleep always and be ready to gain weight due to sitting in one position for too long driving and eating impulsively because constant driving makes you hungry like crazy and you eat unhealthy junks most times because you are always on the go - Take the bank job and save up for 2 years adding to what you have now which is N700k - use the opportunity to gain customer service experience which includes interpersonal skills (patience, empathy and listening skills) and resign to start pure water or okrika business and thank me later...

Now when you start your pure water or okrika business it will allow you to think clearly during the week and make plans - if you still want to drive you can do that only on saturdays

by so doing - you will have more energy to drive from 6am to 6pm and make that N50k on saturdays that someone said is possible here (although I don’t believe it) while your wife manage the store for those 12 hours you are driving on saturdays only. This will afford you the opportunity to test how driving will condition your body if you decide to do it full time. That’s called testing the waters - and then rest on Sunday’s - if you don’t heed my advise and you go drive bolt as full time job, boy you go remember say i warn you ooo - anyways, Good luck

5 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by porthouse7(f): 1:35pm On May 24, 2021
COdeGenesis:

Dignity how na? Money is dignity. When you have a lot of money you become confident. You earn respect in the society. You can get what you want. Go home when you like. Start work when you like and still earn more than most people who work from 8am -5pm Monday to Friday
but when small children flagged u and start misbehaving putting leg on dash board what will u do
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by majamajic(m): 1:36pm On May 24, 2021
I will go for Bolt / Uber driving

U have chance to do other things

No quarries !
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by majamajic(m): 1:38pm On May 24, 2021
okuta007:

what about accidents- robbery incidents, fuel joke aka subsidy removal ? endless queue at gas stations, car repairs? possibility of car jacking (theft) car maintenance? frustration of getting stuck in traffic all day? complacency setting in because you own your car and getting lazy sometimes?

y’all think driving is a piece of cake ? the day i went on a road trip from Arizona to Georgia and back, even with frequent stops abs relaxation - when i finally made it home I slept all weekend long like I wax beaten by a gang of thieves - constant driving will max out your brain’s productivity and knock you into coma-like sleep always and be ready to gain weight due to sitting in one position for too long driving and eating impulsively because constant driving makes you hungry like crazy and you eat u healthy most times because you are always on the go - Take the bank job and save up for 2 years - gain customer service and interpersonal skills (patience, empathy and listening skills) and start pure water or okrika business and thank me later

Bolt driving is far better , I can tell u why
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by peterdrury: 1:38pm On May 24, 2021
Bolt Driver Job is not good anymore, you will make money but surely not as before. A lot of changes has occurred especially on the high price on spare parts in the market and maintenance of the car.
Please do ensure you get YOUR OWN CAR before you venture into it.

All the best,

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Goldiness: 1:39pm On May 24, 2021
VcStunner:
Chief listen carefully now, it's true you can make even up to 100k in one week Monday to Sunday. But there is always this other side of the hustle they don't tell you about. The car you will buy for 700k is definitely a Nigerian used car. Maybe a Honda City or Civic, or a Toyota Corolla 2002 or honda EOD. All this cars will not go through that kinda intense working condition without giving you tons of issues. You will see the money yeah! But you won't be able to save it. So left to me I would say, do your bank thingy for 6months and keep saving. When you have like 1.2m then go for an EOD direct toks, from there be rest assured that you will make tons of money before it begins to weaken.
I am telling you from experience too, leave the people you will meet o my brother... Make you no go dey meet LASTMA or Taskforce grin grin wish you the best mate.
Another alternative?
You can do both if you are a real hustler. Banker during the week, bolt on weekends and you will help your car last long. Reason am well bros.

You make so much sense Brother!
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2021
COdeGenesis:

Which risk Aunty. Ignore this advice biko.

More like make the man no own car for hin lifetime cause of road accidents

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by zelaws: 1:41pm On May 24, 2021
nnamdi65:
Good morning

Please I want to start a temporary business as a Bolt Driver before I got bank teller offer of ₦70,000 monthly.

A friend told me as a Bolt Driver you can earn up to ₦40,000 to ₦60,000 comfortably 6days in a week.
And if I work harder 7am to 7pm I could earn upto ₦80,000 weekly on Bolt.
But I need to invest by buying my own ride (I've just ₦700,000)

And with the Uber or Bolt I can get to meet many people and I can even freelance Real estate or Housing Agent while driving unlike the bank work that doesn't give you enough time.
Note: I just married and I need to Carter for ther family.

Please what your advise.

It is quite easy with bank teller job initially while as a driver it will be difficult. As a teller you just do what you are asked to do as a bolt driver you determine the what you do.
On the long run you master your art as a bolt driver and will be more interesting if you own your car. As a bank teller you will become frustrated and become empty of idea if care is not taken.
With the amount you have you can get a car with which you can start the uber business with and grow onward depending on committed you are.
I wish you all the best in the best decision.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Theoarhics: 1:43pm On May 24, 2021
Bank job especially as a teller a useless job. By the time you use for full monthly salary to pay shortage and even still enough you will realised you are working for free and not taking anything home...except you wan dey steal customer money which is even worse cos if they catch u will never work in any financial institution again after sack. Bank job brings so much financial pressure on you ...ppl be thinking u have so much money wen u only have just 2k in your acct then it's either they are always asking for money or nobody believes you are broke.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Simplythebest: 1:44pm On May 24, 2021
To be honest with u the best for u is to buy the car and start to do bolt driving for ur self. Cus once u enter the bank u will never grow. Being a bank tellers as a married man is waste of time and energy cus no time for ur family, u can be sacked at any time, if u made mistake u pay with ur salary. U can spend 3 years before they can increase ur salary witj 10k. No conversion to full staff. U can even ask to come to work on Saturday and Sunday depending on ur branch. If u are not working at the head office u will be spending ur salary on transportation. My brother better run away from bank job as a teller is waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 1:50pm On May 24, 2021
majamajic:

Bolt driving is far better , I can tell u why

make your case, convince us - explain why you think or feel it is better
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by preshyusufu: 1:51pm On May 24, 2021
aikyg:
Bank Teller is actually better than Uber. When you get a bank teller Job, this is what it comes with:
Salary: 70,000
+ Pension: 15,000
+ Office Space: 30,000
+ Pension: 7,000
+ Transport: 30,000
+ Bonus: 5,000 or more
----------------------------
= 157,000 or more

When you get an Uber Job, this is what it comes with:
Earning: 200,000
+ Office: 0
+ Pension: 0
+ Healthcare: 0
+ Repairs and Fuel: -80,000 or more
= 120,000 or less

WASH. na story. if you are talking about Bank, which bank is paying teller such amount? if it is bank teller, job security not guaranteed and you will not have time for yourself.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by BestMan001: 1:52pm On May 24, 2021
Pachile:
Don't let anyone deceive you, nobody earns up to that on bolt and uber

Like how much do you think?
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by hybridblood07(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2021
I'm interested in Bolt. Anyone to give out car for loan or installment?

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by kwasoly(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2021
nnamdi65:
Good morning

Please I want to start a temporary business as a Bolt Driver before I got bank teller offer of ₦70,000 monthly.

A friend told me as a Bolt Driver you can earn up to ₦40,000 to ₦60,000 comfortably 6days in a week.

And with the Uber or Bolt I can get to meet many people and I can even freelance Real estate or Housing Agent while driving unlike the bank work that doesn't give you enough time.

Please what your advise.

Forget teller work I won't even advice my enemy to work in the bank as a teller.
I'm talking from experience.
Be wise na slavery work be that.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 1:53pm On May 24, 2021
Simplythebest:
To be honest with u the best for u is to buy the car and start to do bolt driving for ur self. Cus once u enter the bank u will never grow. Being a bank tellers as a married man is waste of time and energy cus no time for ur family, u can be sacked at any time, if u made mistake u pay with ur salary. U can spend 3 years before they can increase ur salary witj 10k. No conversion to full staff. U can even ask to come to work on Saturday and Sunday depending on ur branch. If u are not working at the head office u will be spending ur salary on transportation. My brother better run away from bank job as a teller is waste of time.

you people keep talking about if you make mistake they collect it from your salary - what if he makes fatal mistake driving due to fatigue or sleepiness from long hours of driving accident may collect his life (GOD FORBID) - hmmm many of ona wey never drive 2 hours constant before dey advise here like Bolt and Uber professionals. Guy, drive a whole day first, not just for fun oooo, but as a job come back home and tell me how far grin you think it’s easy to drive 12 hours a day and not get hit or you hit someone ? hmmm hmmmm hmmm - this is not picking up car keys to go drop your kids at school and you go to work oooo, this is constant driving all day. You may pull the first 2 days, third day na sleep get you like you are a log of wood and 4th day you will not just feel like driving but do other things until the 5th day you will drive again and so on that’s how it is - guy take that bank job and use the opportunity to learn people skills because you will need it when you start your own business in 2 years. learn how the banking system works, you will need it later when you need loans to expand your business - as an insider you will know the tools of the industry no one will tell you except you are an insider, go there and learn with a concrete EXIT PLAN and forget about uber or bolt for now!

7 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Kingzjayzee: 1:56pm On May 24, 2021
Pachile:
na this kind person I dey wait for. Black sheep!
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Dre183(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2021
Bank teller is a useless role(mostly contract)

If not full staff, den nothing.

I can't advise my enemy to be a contract staff in a bank

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Enyimbamercedes: 2:00pm On May 24, 2021
They only tell you the earning potentials of being a Bolt or Uber driver

Fuel needs to be bought, car needs to be serviced, the platform you operate on needs to be paid

Also include cost of repairs and maintenance and loan repayments on the car if any.

Compute your net income and then compare with the Bank Teller job

A position with no career growth, meeting thankless rude customers and counting money all day praying you do not have any shortage at the end of the day. Most tellers are agency workers and not full-time staff

Weigh and decide

3 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by achymmania: 2:00pm On May 24, 2021
Pachile:
it's either you know nothing about bolt or you must be using a V6 or V8 engine for it. I left home 6am today and I closed by 11:30 with balance of 9k. If you are not gaining from it pls ask people who know how to do it.

4 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 24, 2021
Bank teller abeg, when vio,lastma or frsc even those touts that calls themselves council hold you, ontop the bad roads too o. Hmm cry

3 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Dre183(m): 2:03pm On May 24, 2021
ndicharlez:
My brother,go for the bank job,plan and buy a good car. Secobdly,bank job will add to the experiece you need.
Bolt is good but you have to devote time and energy in other to get that amount your looking for.

Experience in naija? When men are looking for means to survive
E no go better for experience.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by onuhx: 2:07pm On May 24, 2021
Please do your bolt. Bank teller job is just slavery. Unless its permanent staff.

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Dre183(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2021
HITMEUP4ANYBIZ:

More like make the man no own car for hin lifetime cause of road accidents

E tire me

Abi because kpekus dey smell, I no go smash am again grin
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by peteradamu: 2:08pm On May 24, 2021
go for the bolt and come thank me later.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by lawanson2k3: 2:09pm On May 24, 2021
Oga, forget bank teller job, if you can squeeze yourself to get your own car, you will earn more, I as a bolt driver, my net profit in a month is at least 300k but I still make far more than that, I'm telling you from experience. This is what I do. I do ajo 100k a month, 20k a week, piggyvest 2k a day, and I still earn money to take care of my family and pay my bills, I still dey flex on top o. With your 700k, try and raise more to buy like honda civic
cos Nigeriaa used is like 1.5 now, just give it a trial.

5 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Powersurge: 2:10pm On May 24, 2021
nnamdi65:
Good morning

Please what your advise.

Even of na 50k you dsy get per month, do not make the mistake of working in a bank except you are a full time staff in juicy departments like IT.

Bank worker are modern prisoners decorated in a suit.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by adedam23(m): 2:14pm On May 24, 2021
What's una dey see this job? Make una help my life now, I don tire fah. I be Engineering graduate with an health and safety institute certificate. I need work biko
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by nathaniel27(m): 2:17pm On May 24, 2021
Bolt
No argument
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Duru9(m): 2:20pm On May 24, 2021
Bolt please
But not 80k weekly oh

Just say you go make 150k monthly

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Priye007(m): 2:23pm On May 24, 2021
Honestly I am indeed very happy to read this passage today, I was sacked since last month 26th have been thinking of what to do. But I am convinced now. Thanks to everyone that has contributed mostly the person that came up with this question.

6 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by blackjack21(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2021
nnamdi65:
Good morning

Please what your advise.

Why accept the tyranny of "or" when you can be a bank teller and also be a bold driver (indirectly), eh?

You can buy a car and give it to bolt they will find a driver and pay you about 30k weekly.

Although

1. If you drive by yourself, on average, you should make 60k×4week= 240k per month.

2. If you work in a bank And depended on ROI, you will make 120kbolt+70kbank= 190k

I I were you I'd take route 1. If prudent enough, you can buy another car in 5month.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ / Nigerian Army Opens Application Portal For Direct Short Service Course 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.