Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller (25503 Views)

United Bank For Africa (UBA) Northern Teller Jobs (19 Positions) / United Bank For Africa (UBA) Entry-Level Teller Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / UBA 2017 Graduate Entry-level Teller Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by SeaTrade(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2021
COdeGenesis:

Doing well can be a factor of time and opportunities. From your advise I can actually to some extent predict the way you reason. Let me just drop soemthing here for you to reflect on. Being in a bank environment as a teller working from 8am- 5pm will afford you an environment where you see people you can look up to and take a cue from. However, it doesn't give you time and finances to get certifications compared to running a Bolt business where you are in charge of your time and finances. If you have a list of certifications you want to get, the job gives you that flexibility to do that.
Believe what you want,I no want talk much.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 4:11pm On May 24, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Show us your "Bank Account Balance"
Tell us what you do, how much you make and then show your account balance.

Then I show mine.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 4:12pm On May 24, 2021
sylve11:

Any means of transportation you use can still involve in an accident and you the bank worker can also die in the process.
cool

do you know the difference between taking transportation to work as a passenger for just about 30 minutes AND driving all day long trying to earn a living ? are you likely to fall asleep from being a passenger in a car for just 30 minutes or you are likely to fall asleep from driving more than 5 hours a day ? If you fall asleep as a passenger, is there fatal consequences like when you fall asleep as the driver? - if you don’t know the difference- go read my comment again and i hope you don’t have comprehension issues

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Ekg911(m): 4:12pm On May 24, 2021
I prefer bolt driver..
Clean lexus es350 2007 extremely sharp, its a lovable car for your best comfort, with 100% stability. engine and transmission is super sound, model with good condition, accident free, low mileage, alloyed wheels, white interior, sun roof, leather seats, air condition chills like ice. we deliver nationwide, call us today to arrange viewing. Call today:081533seven66twofive
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 24, 2021
Dre183:

E tire me
Abi because kpekus dey smell, I no go smash am again grin
Hmmmmm

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 4:13pm On May 24, 2021
COdeGenesis:

It' s not about account balance people are making it from BOLT. I am a witness. Not 1 , 2 but 3 friends
he thinks it's a dick wagging contest.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 24, 2021
okuta007:

do you know the difference between taking transportation to work as a passenger for just about 30 minutes AND driving all day long trying to earn a living- if you don’t know the difference- go read my comment again and i hope you don’t have comprehension issues

Stop stressing yourself, Most Nigerians have comprehension Issues.....

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by DryMouth: 4:14pm On May 24, 2021
Abalado:
Bro, consider the risk in driving,dry morcel in peace is more better than the honey in trouble....go for the banking job jejeli
You are lady i guess.
Female folks always give bad advice and this is because they add emotions to advice.

Bank work is bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by DryMouth: 4:16pm On May 24, 2021
aikyg:
Bank Teller is actually better than Uber. When you get a bank teller Job, this is what it comes with:
Salary: 70,000
+ Pension: 15,000
+ Office Space: 30,000
+ Pension: 7,000
+ Transport: 30,000
+ Bonus: 5,000 or more
----------------------------
= 157,000 or more

When you get an Uber Job, this is what it comes with:
Earning: 200,000
+ Office: 0
+ Pension: 0
+ Healthcare: 0
+ Repairs and Fuel: -80,000 or more
= 120,000 or less
Which bank abeg!
because the one i know of pays jst 100k and nothing else!
Abi una dey work for bank of canada?
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 4:16pm On May 24, 2021
Optimistdude:
Guy, you just dey Phoenix abi Atlanta dey talk wetin you no know.
The bank job is a NO NO

Guy, you are seeing only what you want to see in my comment - did you read everything i wrote ? do you have comprehension problem ? if you don’t have comprehension problem- why did i advise him to work in the bank for 2 years ?
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 4:17pm On May 24, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Stop stressing yourself, Most Nigerians have comprehension Issues.....

I guess so too - people just respond without reading through
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Simplythebest: 4:19pm On May 24, 2021
Using 2 years to learn how banking industry works is a waste of time cus it won't add any value when u need loan and being a bank teller does not give u upper hand when it comes to loan. So in everything as a married man advising him to go for bank teller is waste of time. Am inside the bank sector and have worked in different departments so him being a bank teller as a married man earning 70k is waste of time.
okuta007:

did i say he should make a career from this bank job opportunity? i hope you don’t have comprehension problem

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:22pm On May 24, 2021
victorolu1:
If you decide to go the Bolt route, let me know. I have a new arrival 2010 Ford Fusion (4 cylinder) for sale. With 1M,just can start driving and spread the balance over 6, 8 or 12 months

Flagpole225@gmail.com

Sorry son, i am not here to ruin your business but OP should never use high electrical vehicles like Ford , Volkswagen & Mazda for Uber except you want the frustration to kill him.

2 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:24pm On May 24, 2021
Olajah81:
Bolt driver.

I get d woman l married now tru bolt driving.

We met at marina to lekki phase 2.

D rest in now history.

Am happy dat l met her

My guy grin
Share the story na.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Bolt Driver. You are a boss of your own unlike a bank teller. A bank teller can fired any day over the slightest mistake of #500 unaccounted for
this is where you missed it, you are not the boss of your own in any business but rather, your customers or clients are your boss. If you have this mentality of being your own boss in any business, you won't go far

3 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 4:31pm On May 24, 2021
majamajic:

Bolt driving will gives u time to do other business
U are your boss
U see more money on daily basis
U are mobile
During festive periods , like on the 2 Easter days , u can make 80k just the 2 days
U dress casual , not to suit up or on ties all week
U see fine fine babes , cheaper sex

can you provide proof of anyone who made 80k in 2 days ? you can put a screenshot of that earning here for doubting thomases like me to see. you can block the driver’s identity for privacy reasons.

secondly is cheap sex your motivation for driving? have you considered the effect of reckless sex with random people because the devil is providing you time and chance to ruin your own life ?

All you see is daily earnings - have you considered the daily expenses which can be termed “the cost of doing business?”

Being your Boss is all nice and dandy on paper - and are you ready in a mad rush or hurry to take that responsibility without testing waters mildly by driving once a week ?

It is easier said than done that you can do other business as a driver - Guy, no part time driver who is involved in other business reaps the same profit or reward as one who is driving full time without the driving business suffering profit pullback.... when you stop driving, you stop earning.... so what is your point ? or your ghost will be driving while you run other businesses? do you have more than 24 in your own day ? hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by orgylover: 4:37pm On May 24, 2021
VcStunner:
Chief listen carefully now, it's true you can make even up to 100k in one week Monday to Sunday. But there is always this other side of the hustle they don't tell you about. The car you will buy for 700k is definitely a Nigerian used car. Maybe a Honda City or Civic, or a Toyota Corolla 2002 or honda EOD. All this cars will not go through that kinda intense working condition without giving you tons of issues. You will see the money yeah! But you won't be able to save it. So left to me I would say, do your bank thingy for 6months and keep saving. When you have like 1.2m then go for an EOD direct toks, from there be rest assured that you will make tons of money before it begins to weaken.
I am telling you from experience too, leave the people you will meet o my brother... Make you no go dey meet LASTMA or Taskforce grin grin wish you the best mate.
Another alternative?
You can do both if you are a real hustler. Banker during the week, bolt on weekends and you will help your car last long. Reason am well bros.
but eod what year because i hear say that car dey sabi break leg anyhow. besides i dont really see them using it for bolt
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by Bases: 4:40pm On May 24, 2021
Grupo:
I have many people that work as bank tellers. So I'll give you advice and you decide on what you want.

One, being a bank teller is one of the most insecure jobs in Nigeria. Also, it has no career growth. You will earn the same amount for many years. especially if you are a contract staff.

There is high pressure on you. There is your supervisor behind you hurling orders and there is the customer before you shouting that you are wasting their time.

And if you dare make a mistake and over pay someone as a result of the pressure, you will pay back the bank with your own money.

If you make a mistake in a day and over pay someone by 50k, it means your salary for that month is already 20k.

You will work from 7 am to 7pm everyday. And you may need to work on weekends. Although banks pay extra for those weekend hours.

You could be sacked anytime. Especially if the bank feels you are no longer strong enough to bear the pressure.

They will sack you and employ a new batch of OND holders that are still very young, agile and strong.

On the positive side, if you are nice to customers, they may leave you tips after transactions. Although banks frown at this.

As for Uber driving, I don't know.

The money there is not as it used to be in the early days. But you may make more than the bank teller if you are driving your own car.

But you will need to put up with the annoying attitude of silly and rude girls who think they own you by simply riding in your car.

Well said. I didn't know many ladies/girls are very rude and uncultured until I ventured into this business. They will order you around like they bought the car for you. But they are the majority of riders so we have to bear with their excesses.

3 Likes

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 4:41pm On May 24, 2021
okuta007:

can you provide proof of anyone who made 80k in 2 days ? you can put a screenshot of that earning here for doubting thomases like me to see. you can block the driver’s identity for privacy reasons.

secondly is cheap sex your motivation for driving? have you considered the effect of reckless sex with random people because the devil is providing you time and chance to ruin your own life ?

All you see is daily earnings - have you considered the daily expenses which can be termed “the cost of doing business?”

Being your Boss is all nice and dandy on paper - and are you ready in a mad rush or hurry to take that responsibility without testing waters mildly by driving once a week ?

It is easier said than done that you can do other business as a driver - Guy, no part time driver who is involved in other business reaps the same profit or reward as one who is driving full time without the driving business suffering profit pullback.... when you stop driving, you stop earning.... so what is your point ? or your ghost will be driving while you run other businesses? do you have more than 24 in your own day ? hmmmmm

Salient points.

For one to be truly successful, own your car, drive full-time, cut out socializing and save more. Businesses that can be run successfully as a side hustle are businesses that don't require physical presence.

But still better than a 70k bank job
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 4:42pm On May 24, 2021
Bases:

Well said. I didn't know many ladies/girls are very rude and uncultured until I ventured into this business. They will order you around like they bought the car for you. But they are the majority of riders so we have to bear with their excesses.
buy koboko and keep on your dashboard. E get why

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 4:50pm On May 24, 2021
Simplythebest:
Using 2 years to learn how banking industry works is a waste of time cus it won't add any value when u need loan and being a bank teller does not give u upper hand when it comes to loan. So in everything as a married man advising him to go for bank teller is waste of time. Am inside the bank sector and have worked in different departments so him being a bank teller as a married man earning 70k is waste of time.

was that the only reason i asked him to take the teller job? customer service soft skills, patience, attention to details, listening skills, empathy, ability to follow through a well structured and fast paced business environment, words positioning and so on are priceless skills you learn from such a job that no university will ever teach you - to you money is everything, why don’t you resign from the bank job and go drive ? why are you so desperate to have him be a driver without even having a feel of the corporate world ? regardless wether he gets hired as a permanent staff or not, if any opportunity to get a corporate job in future comes his way, which title do you think will get him that job easier ? - customer service agent XYZ Bank OR Uber/ Bolt Driver?

Now I am not saying he should not drive in future but Uber is going nowhere neither is Bolt, what is the reason for you advising him to catapult himself into a loop of unending misery without giving him a chance to fairly have a taste of both worlds and see if he can manage either ?

I know 2 people here in America who drive taxi cab and Uber with brand new cars - and this is America where riders tip so good but none of these guys live better than a store clerk working at 7/11. when you drive everyday - you will age considerably and the pay is never commensurate with the stress in it. If you doubt it, please resign your job and go drive so you can prove me wrong with your wonderful stories of success and happiness - I dey wait o grin

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by orgylover: 4:50pm On May 24, 2021
achymmania:
it's either you know nothing about bolt or you must be using a V6 or V8 engine for it. I left home 6am today and I closed by 11:30 with balance of 9k. If you are not gaining from it pls ask people who know how to do it.
1130 am or pm?
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by 3RNEST(m): 4:57pm On May 24, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
this is where you missed it, you are not the boss of your own in any business but rather, your customers or clients are your boss. If you have this mentality of being your own boss in any business, you won't go far
Words!!! smiley many has lost track on that notion of "Be your own Boss" how will be boss when u don't have clients and customers patronizing ur bizness.

Banker Or Bolt Driver both work are stressful... esp Driving grin
OP your follow ur heart i guess with some good comments here u can make the right decision.
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 4:58pm On May 24, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

Salient points.

For one to be truly successful, own your car, drive full-time, cut out socializing and save more. Businesses that can be run successfully as a side hustle are businesses that don't require physical presence.

But still better than a 70k bank job

ok ooo whatever floats your boat - but my last question for you is, are you a driver or you are one of those who sees the grass as always greener on the other side without actually stepping on the other side for confirmation ? I was deceived a lot in my early days in the US by fellow Nigerians telling me to quit a sure paying job for some “pie in the sky” opportunity all in the bid to be my own Boss, and when sh it hits the fan, you won’t ever see them again and
I was the one stuck with unpaid bills as they have succeeded in luring me to make decisions of enormous financial consequences

Sure kobo while you plan is better than story of thousands that are unproven - OP if you are reading this - take that bank work and create an exit plan after getting all those skills i talked about and let driving be a one day a week thing until you feel u can handle more days

A word is enough for the wise!!! Am done

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by melviniyke2002(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2021
aikyg:
Bank Teller is actually better than Uber. When you get a bank teller Job, this is what it comes with:
Salary: 70,000
+ Pension: 15,000
+ Office Space: 30,000
+ Pension: 7,000
+ Transport: 30,000
+ Bonus: 5,000 or more
= 157,000 or more

When you get an Uber Job, this is what it comes with:
Earning: 200,000
+ Office: 0
+ Pension: 0
+ Healthcare: 0
+ Repairs and Fuel: -80,000 or more
= 120,000 or less
which kind quote be dis....bank teller jobs are contract based not even employee of d said bank.......his pay is only 70k,maybe pansion 3500 monthly.......ask questions....... Every 2 yrs or so dem go dey add like 2500 or 3k to his salary.......lol
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2021
Duru9:
Bolt please
But not 80k weekly oh

Just say you go make 150k monthly
you say?

1 Like

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 5:00pm On May 24, 2021
okuta007:

ok ooo whatever floats your boat - but my last question for you is, are you a driver or you are one of those who sees the grass as always greener on the other side without actually stepping on the other side fur confirmation ? I have been deceived a lot in my early days in the US with Nigerians telling me to quit a sure paying job for some “pie in the sky” opportunity all in the bid to be my own Boss, and when sh it hit the fan, you won’t ever see them again and they have succeeded in luring you to make decisions or enormous financial consequences

Sure kobo while you plan is better than story of thousands that are unproven

A word is enough for the wise!!!
i drive full-time
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 5:04pm On May 24, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
i drive full-time

ok Sir paste your earnings here you can block your identity
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by okuta007: 5:05pm On May 24, 2021
INDUSTRIALFAN:
you say?

ok
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by 3RNEST(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2021
okuta007:

ok
Meaning no money in BOLT/UBER as before... grin
Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 5:09pm On May 24, 2021
okuta007:

Re: Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller by CheerfulGiver: 5:11pm On May 24, 2021
okuta007:

3 weeks of may

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ / Nigerian Army Opens Application Portal For Direct Short Service Course 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.